Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sealady111
Msg: 201
Interests of women over 50y/oPage 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Blue Eyeeeeees
Baby's got blue eyyyyeeeeees
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 202
Interests of women over 50y/o
Posted: 6/15/2015 7:01:48 PM
As I told You Miss KJ...........

Give me one reason to stay here
And I'll turn right back around
Said I don't want to leave you lonely
You got to make me change my mind

Baby I got your number, oh, and I know that you got mine
You know that I called you, I called too many times
You can call me baby, you can call me anytime
You got to call me

Said I don't want leave you lonely

I don't want no one to squeeze me, they might take away my life
I don't want no one to squeeze me, they might take away my life
I just want someone to hold me, oh, and rock me through the night

This youthful heart can love you, yes, and give you what you need
I said, This youthful heart can love you, oh, and give you what you need
But I'm too old to go chasing you around
Wasting my precious energy

Yes and I'll turn right back around
Ooh and I'll turn right back around
Said I don't want leave you lonely

Baby just give me one reason, Give me just one reason why
Baby just give me one reason, Give me just one reason why I should stay
Said I told you that I loved you
And there ain't no more to say

VVVVV...... Miss KJ......VVVVVVVV

Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I love you
Beep beep'm beep beep yeah

AND............

She's got a ticket to ride
But she don't care
 JoeBnD
Msg: 203
Posted: 6/15/2015 7:05:39 PM

I guess country music isn't your forte JoeBnD.

I avoid country music like the plague. My ex went into that country crap at the end of our relationship. She played Faith Hill's "The Way You Love Me" over and over again while she packed to leave; found out later she was actually rubbing my nose in the fact that she had a (not so) new lover.

So yes, I missed the fact that she was referencing a song - one that I wouldn't possibly have known about. And now knowing the lyrics, one that I never will.

Blue Eyeeeeees
Baby's got blue eyyyyeeeeees

Now that song I recognize.
 kj521
Msg: 204
Posted: 6/15/2015 7:13:30 PM
Mr. Blue Eyes.....

I can give you areason if....

You got a fast car

Cause I want a ticket to anywhere

Maybe we make a deal?

Maybe together we can get somewhere...

Any place is better

Starting from zero got nothing to lose

Maybe we'll make something

Me myself I got nothing to prove..... ;)
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 205
Posted: 6/15/2015 10:37:59 PM
Well hasn't this thread gottin long in the tooth. I think the OP wanted to know if there were insincere accounts of women who were selling a false bill of goods in our age cohort. Yes and so are there men doing same. I once responded that I read Little Women and Weathering Heights (I lied but I did see PBS movies of same - well it was on the TV while I was probably reading Sun Tzu or Panzer Commander). But I would wager that every man here wants to meet a women (good, bad, or just plain not perfect as we all may be) and have some sort of relationship - at least to give it a try. We know there are some percentage of women on-line who just want cyber-attention or buy them a fancy dinner (channeling their Holly Go-Lightly) and then disappear.

My interest is a more intellectual one and that is the economics and psychology of dating decision making. Naturally if one side is in demand then they get the greater decision making "hammer" and get to make the demands. More boys are born versus girls in every culture and in some cultures this is getting even more untenable. Dangerous jobs and conventional warfare used to even this out but no more. Conventional warfare has been replaced with the killing of mass populations and yes there are still dangerous jobs but men are getting used to wearing protective gear. There are more men at dating and mating ages and our sexuality is stronger and last longer through our live. Please no myths of women's sexuality peaking at some later age. If this were true men would report same and in fact we do not. No - menopause, political fem-misandry, hypergamy, and SSRI/Benzos do a number on female sexuality and ability to feel connected to a particular partner. There is a reason folks call SSRIs and Benzos "divorce pills". Men are sexual creatures and no amount of feminist deconstructionism will change that. We do look for sex as an important part of our relationships. If not we would just hang out with our fellow men (who are more fun and more likely to be at our side in a time of crisis).

So are many of us guys disillusioned and saddened with the female population? Yeap! But I say we men just better get used to it and to adjust to it. The big picture results are obvious - the marriage strike, global sex trade, artificial sex "devices", drugs, narcissism, male suicide epidemic, and .. the big one folks .. very few children being born. I wonder what the next people (race, culture, ...) who will replace us on the face of this earth say about what had happened to us after we finish our own mass extinction? Easy answer: women declared war on men. Social engineering made women think it is some "self choice" that all the really good men out there are not good enough. These social engineers cooked up phony male privilege myth to denigrate the fruits of our hard work that they then enjoy without even a thank you. Result baiting studies proved the "victimization" of o'so many women. Social engineering defining what an alpha male is for females. And delivering the coup de grace - divorce industry and psycho-phony-therapist with their pharms. They have cashed in big on the conflict like the MICs do in military warfare and thus further and faster leading to the ultimate crash. Well they all will die out with the rest of us if that is any consolation.

I learned a lot from this thread and none of it uplifting. Many of you ladies will enjoy waiting in line for that alpha male. If you every get to the front of the line you will find he doesn't meet any of those high-mind virtues you so strongly stated but it won't matter. Good men offer what we can and it will never be enough. One flaw and its off to check out what else is out there in sea of surplus men. And to men - what we ask for from women is a mirage of what we may have had at an earlier age in a different time. Let's walk away guys with our dignity and bank accounts intact. The cost-benefit analysis is ringing loud and clear.

PS. Shout out to the Roman Polanski commentor. I still get sick remembering Whoppi Goldberg defending Roman POS saying "well it wasn't rape-rape". Just another our society's sickness.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 206
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:09:48 AM

So are many of us guys disillusioned and saddened with the female population?

There seems to be at least a bus load here. Damn thing never leaves though.

I wonder what the next people (race, culture, ...) who will replace us on the face of this earth say about what had happened to us after we finish our own mass extinction?

It will be passed down through the generations that the end began in a place called POF forums.
 benartflick
Msg: 207
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:47:45 AM

I have no comment about those celebrity cases you mentioned, because I don't know anything about them.

You stated 1/2 of Canadian women experienced physical or sexual violence.

You threw out statistic that might not be too accurate and are ambiguous. Some vocal women groups here do the same thing. Why? What's your point?

Then you, like those women groups, don't want to comment on a real, unquestionable rape case.

My point was what the rape victim and her mom went through because mom reported the rape. What happened to them might be a pretty good reason NOT to report rape if the rapist is a celebrity or someone with power.

I'm bothered! I'm mad! I wonder why those women groups are so quiet when an actual crime happens and the women victims are treated so poorly.

Yet they were very vocal over a few bogus rape charges here.

I told you about the Polanski case. The girl, then and now, said he raped her. Eventually he said he thought it was consensual but later admitted he might have been mistaken.

AGAIN, the media got away with lying about the mother. Fabricated BS that the mom pimped off her daughter for film rules. LIES! Knowing lies! The mom was a working actress until she notified the police. No work after that!

I can't understand why at least some of the media and women groups weren't outraged about what happened to her mom for reporting the rape of her 13 year old child. Ya think, maybe, reporting actual rapes should be the right thing to do?

From what I read, it's okay to report bogus rapes. No BS afterwards. Only real victims seem to suffer - quite a bit.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 208
Posted: 6/16/2015 8:46:10 AM

Social engineering made women think it is some "self choice" that all the really good men out there are not good enough.

You know no matter what version of this statement I read, all I can envision are whiney woe is me types who are typically non descript in the looks and physical areas. Throw the defeatist attitude on top and there you have it, a perfect receipe for the nice guys finish last ensemble.

Get your head outta that a@@ and get some confidence, present yourself the best you can, take the initiative and take that chance.

You only get so many ticks of the clock and game over. Your decision on how the game ends.
 CharminC
Msg: 209
Posted: 6/16/2015 10:33:41 AM
You only get so many ticks of the clock and game over.

^^^
This is it right here
Negative energy is time wasted
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 210
Posted: 6/16/2015 12:18:13 PM
I knew I was kicking the hornets nest with that last one. But here is a little secret of mine - I enjoy the childish ad hominem backlash and the "coffee mug" motivational yet off-target aphorisms that rational thought and serious social criticism unleashes with some folks. I point out empirical demographic truth and the only comment is someone pertending they don't understand the concept of demographic shifts and then deflecting the original point. I then postulate consequences from that base empirical reality and post that for some enlightening critical (rational) debate. Still waiting for an intelligent discourse on this ... yes that clock is ticking as well.

I normally dont respond to ad hominem squeekings. But Crookcatcher I am a bit disappointed in your crystal ball's analysis of me. I am not a nice guy - I am a great guy. I can be kind or bad a$$ as the occasion requires. I never grovel though - neither to men or women. The only time I finished last was in a hare scrambles on a very rocky technical course where I crashed hard and finished the race with broken ribs. I crossed the finish line to cheers. So, I do not have a problem with self-confidence. If you think I am unattractive well I am OK with that but my female (all married) and gay friends would say different. I don't need "race fuel" for my sexuality either as another poster hinted at but if that time comes it is nice to know there is an easy fix.

And lastly I am not a "woe is me whiner" - I am a revolutionary. And here is the beauty part. You all can join me. But my team requires vigorous intellect and courageous honesty. We try not to be too mean spirited but the battlefield is what it is. What little we have in the way of children, well they are counting on us to fix this mess that very bad men and women engineered. Remember, to fix something broken you first need to recognize that it is broken.

Our society is sick and every culture that embraced Feminism (leninism, cultural marxism, neo-con economics, ... a few other failed experiments as well) are in decay and dying out - rapidly. Being in LE you know better then me on this. I worked in public health field for a while so I know empirically and first hand the horrific results of these failed societal experiments. The destruction of marriage and family and male-female relationships has been designed by marxist (proto-2nd wave feminist) philosophers back in the late 1800s. Study up on this lineage and their creed. But for now I do not have the time to explain these concepts to you or PianoPetals in detail. If my bold statements are too much of a challenge that you feel sad or your brain just can not handle it ... well being a drunk bum on the beach is not a good place to be when that clock of ours runs out of time either. But I hope our discourse can be more polite and supportive from here on.

But I do agree that I can be a bit negative. Say what about those Blackhawks eh? ;-)>
 2ufo
Msg: 211
Posted: 6/16/2015 1:17:43 PM
Joe -
A couple of questions for the women spewing out violence stats. How many men have you slapped?

None. Or hit or threw drinks in their face or keyed their car or left sardines behind the radiator of our – soon to be his – apartment. Or called up his girlfriend to tell her he was married. At our divorce, I didn’t let his first ex-wife testify that he had threatened to kill their children and commit suicide (I thought she was exaggerating, although I did submit as evidence the restraining order – a public document – she had filed). There were a lot of things that I could have done that I did not.

Now, how many times were you charged with assault?

Never, although he was.

Benartflick –
The Polanski case bothers me. There should have been a public outcry about what was said on TV and Fox radio. The knowing lies about a mother who did the right thing: reporting the rape of her daughter.

Perhaps we’re becoming a bit blasé about a case almost 40 years old where Polanski fled to Germany or France (since he was a citizen there instead of the US) and wasn’t able to be extradited until 30 years later when he attend a film festival in Cannes or someplace. I think he was given a light sentence or placed on house arrest for a year or something like that as well as sued for monetary damages by the girl. I’m sorry that I can’t get as upset as you by a 40-year crime.
Also, if you’d read the survey (survey as Newoldgirl noted) quoted, you would have seen that they estimated only 1 in 10 rapes were reported, and only a small minority of those resulted in convictions – often because the woman was treated with disdain by the legal system, or there was no evidence remaining by the time it was reported.

Are there false accusations? Yes.

Do they come close to the number of actual rapes reported? No.
Why am I likely to believe the statistics given? Because I was molested at 5, date-raped at 14, forced by a stranger at 18, and never reported any of this to any authority. Why not? At 5, I had no clue or understanding of what happened, no way of even explaining this weird experience to my parents. At 14 it was the son of someone in a position of authority in a very small community and I had voluntarily gone on a date with him. Heck, I’d been excited about it. At 18, I got lost in the wrong neighborhood and there was no way to find the rapist or even where I’d gotten lost once I found my way home and stayed in the shower until there was no more hot water. It was something I wanted to forget – nor remember and recite.

VMin –
I was probably reading Sun Tzu…

I read Sun Tzu. Hans Delbruck as well, a little Napolean, some von Clauswitz. Hitting up on Marcus Aurelius next.

…no amount of feminist deconstructionism…

Why does it seem to be men who more often bring up feminism?

the big one folks .. very few children being born.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t there more than 6 billion people on the planet?

One flaw and its off to check out what else is out there in sea of surplus men.

It depends on the ‘flaw’… I won’t accept a man who is hateful or lies.

You remind me of a guy I went to college with -- he liked to try to baffle us with big words and BS, too.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 212
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:39:20 PM

I am not a nice guy - I am a great guy. I can be kind or bad a$$ as the occasion requires

Ok

If you think I am unattractive well I am OK with that but my female (all married) and gay friends would say different.

I never said anyone was unattractive. I said non descript as in nothing out of the ordinary.

Our society is sick and every culture that embraced Feminism (leninism, cultural marxism, neo-con economics, ... a few other failed experiments as well) are in decay and dying out - rapidly. Being in LE you know better then me on this.

The only thing I've seen in close to 30 years in LE is the rapidly declining respect for other people, everyone by everyone, not just isolated groups. The rules, laws and regulations are for everybody else except me mentality, the incessant need to be so politically correct that the core issue of what's right and what's wrong are thrown to the wayside in an effort to not offend those who deem themselves above the requirements needed for social interaction and stability.

You're correct in that we are self destucting, but I will have to disagree with you in specifing "feminism" as the primary cause for this. ymmv
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:46:06 PM

Your ASSumption was wrong. I don't sit at computer reading PoF forums all day long, and as such my responses are not always directed at the 1 or 2 prior posts. So now whose BS has been called out?

That would be yours again, since you originally posted this:

A couple of questions for the women spewing out violence stats.

Now you say you weren’t referring to prior posters. All the “violence stats,” included rape.

You make your point loud and clear: only YOU get to be a victim, of anything.

Trust me, if I ever get slapped by a women, "warranted" or not, there will be charges.

It’s probably inevitable. You sound like a raging bully who flips the script (unsuccessfully) as soon as someone calls bullsh!t. I’m sure whatever violence you resort to will be all “her” fault.

....more men at dating and mating ages and our sexuality is stronger and last longer through our live.

Doesn’t do you much good without a woman, though, huh. :(

The destruction of marriage and family and male-female relationships has been designed by marxist (proto-2nd wave feminist) philosophers….blah blah blah

Go your own way now! Buh-bye!
 newoldgirl
Msg: 214
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:55:38 PM

You stated 1/2 of Canadian women experienced physical or sexual violence.

Wow. I ABSOLUTELY said no such thing. Another poster (not me) referred to a SURVEY. If you are going to try to converse, try to read more carefully. I didn't DO the survey for Pete's sake.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 215
Posted: 6/16/2015 3:45:20 PM

I read Little Women and Weathering Heights

"Weathering" Heights? LMAO!!!

So are many of us guys disillusioned and saddened with the female population? Yeap

Let's walk away guys with our dignity and bank accounts intact. The cost-benefit analysis is ringing loud and clear.

There ya go! Problem solved. For you and all the other MGTOWs.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 216
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:14:40 PM
Would that be Wuthering Heights then? (like in the Genesis album - good album at that) Big Homer Simpson "Dolp" from me then. No wonder she declined my invitation to meet.

BTW. Feel free to be mean to me. I have worked with men going through divorce and child custody. If I can get another man to pull that pistol out of his mouth, clear it, and come talk to me then all your slings and arrows would be like sweet music to me. (apologies for the mixed metaphor there).
 newoldgirl
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:31:04 PM

BTW all your slings and arrows would be like sweet music to me. (apologies for the mixed metaphor there).

Ah, but they were YOUR slings and arrows.

So are many of us guys disillusioned and saddened with the female population? Yeap

Let's walk away guys with our dignity and bank accounts intact. The cost-benefit analysis is ringing loud and clear.

Recognize them?
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2015 5:31:15 PM
To answer Guywithabrain's question: I doesn't matter what my age is: I like what I like and that is what I put in my profile.

However there are things I love to do such as playing around with wood-working tools in the garage or hiking that I haven't sone much of late because of my work hours.
I like yard work too, but I had to hire someone to cut my lawn :loco:

I tried to be someone I was not in order to please others in my younger days. I won't do that anymore.

I figure a couple or any type of relationship have things that people like to do together and things they prefer to have the other person enjoy an activity on their own.

The best thing to do is to be honest and people that aren't a match will move onto the next profile.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 219
Posted: 6/16/2015 8:40:55 PM
Interesting behaviour as I predicted in an earlier post. A rational argument leads to irrational response. No PianoPetals and Sunshine I might stick around a bit longer. But then again maybe not. There is interesting research regarding online dating and no one one this thread is interested in that. Oh well. But, one thing I did learn is some new vocabulary along the way - "pukewad" ... nice.

Actually as part of my MRA studies/work I like to get a sense of the hystrionics of people who are being confronted by their own cognitive dissonance. There is a deep pathology to most femininists (and others with hardened identity politics issues as well) and myself and another friend research this (she is a professional counselor). Feminist broadcast such high minded goals but we find that their hatreds roll out of your mouths with ease. Yes this uppity male supports a position that you don't want to understand and you want to shut it down. Again, you are unable to do it intellectually or civilly so insults fly. (I admit I could have been a bit gentler in my approach as well).

Here is a fun test - Answer this to yourselves: Do you ever get the other sides to a story (note plural)? Do you know what confirmational bias is? Have you ever been wrong? Have you ever been criticised and not gone bonkers? I can answer yes to all of these. I am a self-correcting person.

So, you want to assign to me the label of lier because? (see above) Well, that inspires me to add to my list of people I have helped: an addict friend shut the door on smack and opened the door to adventure sports with my help, so I guess that could be another "suicide" averted, a man in an abusive marriage got out without shame, a woman rape victim was able to get married, children being physically abused by their mothers or child bullies got someone to speak on their behalf, a women on the verge of self-destructive behaviour no longer there, and a bunch of other folks who just needed someone to talk with (and go ride mountain bikes with!). I didn't seek any of these interactions out myself. People in need either sought me out or I happened to be right at that place and time. In a couple of cases I had to make a stand that cost me, but I did the right thing when others would not. Normal people would consider me a great guy, but not you?
 daynadaze
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2015 9:15:08 PM
LOL Now that was a bunch of passive/aggressive set ups, you must be exhausted!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 221
Posted: 6/17/2015 5:39:35 AM
One of my newest Interests is not reading drivel .
Meanwhile there is no need to pretend to be someone you are not - plus it is exhausting. I tend to enjoy diversity, be a boring world if we were all the same.
So whatever you enjoy doing my female friends over 50, continue :)
 2ufo
Msg: 222
Posted: 6/17/2015 6:08:52 AM

Here is a fun test - Answer this to yourselves: Do you ever get the other sides to a story (note plural)? Do you know what confirmational bias is? Have you ever been wrong? Have you ever been criticised and not gone bonkers? I can answer yes to all of these. I am a self-correcting person.

And, apparently, quite arrogant about how 'clear' (see Scientology) and 'enlightened' you are.

Do you know how much confirmation bias you're spouting about how the world's problems are all the fault of them feminists? Perhaps you should empty your cup first.

Old joke - I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Sure, I've been wrong, I've been criticized though not often. Sometimes the complaint was valid and I apologized or recognized the need to change some behavior, and sometimes the complaint wasn't valid in which case I realized it had more to do with the complainer than with me.

You can support any position you wish. Depending upon your modes and ways of thinking, communicating and action, you can be thought a fool or a sage. To me, you sound like you're trying too hard to sound wise and that probably means you're a fool.
 deetristate
Msg: 223
Posted: 6/17/2015 1:40:54 PM
vMin said:
"""The big picture results are obvious - the marriage strike, global sex trade, artificial sex "devices", drugs, narcissism, male suicide epidemic, and .. the big one folks .. very few children being born. I wonder what the next people (race, culture, ...) who will replace us on the face of this earth say about what had happened to us after we finish our own mass extinction? Easy answer: women declared war on men. ""

Cultural . Some people think that overpopulation is a bunch of fooey. (hooey? Dooey?)Latest stats that I read have more latino kids born in the USA than any other group. The largest group of immigrants is Asian. Many 16 and 17 year old black girls are having babies. It will be interesting to see how it all washes out.
 rennips1949
Msg: 224
Posted: 6/17/2015 1:52:37 PM

the world becomes his dating oyster.

You sound like a guy whose oyster got shucked early on in life, and now you are waiting for fate or karma or whatever to provide you with some "big get-even".
It's not gonna happen.

The beauty of being over 50, of either gender, in 2015, is that we all DO have choices. If what's out there in terms of dating/relationship prospects is not appealing, most folks over 50 have developed their lives to a degree that a paired-up relationship or dating is no longer a social and/or financial necessity.

I've made this observation before...from where I sit, I see a lot of attractive,financially stable guys(over 50) who are not finding that dating is their oyster. And a lot of worthwhile ladies(over 50) who just don't seem to have much interest in dating&relationships.

I think that people over 50 should be able to choose what(legal/ethical) activities interest them, without being lectured by other people.
 antirepublican
Msg: 225
Posted: 6/17/2015 2:50:08 PM
And a lot of worthwhile ladies(over 50) who just don't seem to have much interest in dating&relationships.

There are no worthwhile ladies over 50. Haven't been since about 1965. Men who have shucked their oyster usually regret it very soon after. In the big scheme of things, so what? Nobody likes them anyway and nobody alive today ever has.

I've got news for the MRAs/MGTOWs that are fond of warning everyone of the impending collapse. It has already collapsed and it collapsed on you. There is nothing to save. Nobody to inform. It is over. Yeah, women and feminism are done for but not before they desperately huddle around a bonfire made of your flesh and bones in a last ditch effort to keep themselves warm. Eventually, some very bad things will happen to them but worse things will happen to you first and likely have already.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o