Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 226
PhotosPage 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Very funny, crookcatcher!

In my new main photo, I swung around to face the camera and laughed.
Hence the wisp of hair by my mouth.
Looking on the bright side, the wisp of hair shows the picture was not photoshopped.

Swing around 90 degrees, instead of spinning around quickly.
We don't want you falling off the porch.
I'd catch you, you handsome, witty man.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:20:11 AM
When you LOVE someone, they are beautiful.
Find someone you are reasonably attracted to, get to know them, either move on, or fall in love. Simple, right? LOL.

KJ is a beautiful woman, absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And she is a class act, as everyone here knows. It was no surprise to me that cowboy was willing to travel a thousand miles to meet her. Hell, I would have too, still would!

Thinking about this too much makes me sad. Most of the women in this world aren’t that beautiful. They all wish they were, they all wish men would travel thousands of miles just to meet them. But that will never be, and I feel saddened for them.

It also makes me sad that I have grown old. When I was young, I dated some very beautiful women. Had relationships with them. But I realized a few years back that would never happen again.

To hell with being sad! I’m going to go meet some woman who looks good to me now. Maybe not “drop dead gorgeous”, but damned good. Maybe her face won’t “launch a thousand ships”, but it will launch my car out of the driveway. And we will enjoy each other’s company, and laugh together, and maybe, if I’m lucky, we’ll end the evening with some serious kissing.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 228
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:36:53 AM
Geez henry, why so sad?
I agree with jello...surely the person you find will
be beautiful to you?

Don't make it seem like woman such as myself will
find someone because I wasn't drop dead beautiful
but I was nice or available. I'd like to think someone who
loved me thought I was beautiful. (Not drop dead though,
I'm too old to be saying dead out loud)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 229
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:40:00 AM
Sounds like we have some fecally conservative folks here...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 230
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:56:51 AM
^^^^^yeah. Crazy.
We al need one those energized and fun
flip and go wispy pictures too.
you first.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 11:36:19 AM
If you don't think your woman is drop dead gorgeous, you are not with the woman of your dreams.

I always find my woman friends gorgeous. Always the woman of my dreams.

Sadly, I have dreamt a lot over the years.....
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 232
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 12:09:49 PM
I am not drop dead gorgeous, probably not even average, but In the past five years had a boy friend who would travel 1700 miles to see me., and also had a man drive nine hours to take me out to dinner, and had no expectation of anything other than my company. (He booked a hotel, and didn't even suggest stepping inside my apartment)

And my husband when we were first dating drove from Windsor Ontario to Thunder Bay Ontario ( no idea how far that is) To " pick me up " to go to Montréal where we were both going to attend university. He is a very handsome man, actually. Not that that matters.

It's just not all about looks. Sure, there are many people for whome looks are the PRIMARY consideration. And obviously if someone for some reason turns us off, that's all there is for it. Lots of good looking guys turn me off, again everyone has maybe a certain type also.

I'm sad that you think it is sad that some women just because of their looks will never have that experience. I'm sad that you have no idea what real love is about.

I have a neurological condition called face blindness, in which I have great difficulty recognizing faces. Even my own children and husband. I've gone out with very attractive men and some really butt ugly ones, and they all appealed to me. ( I only know when someone is attractive or not when my friends point this out to me.)

Maybe I'm luckier than most.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 233
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 12:16:18 PM

Women want to see what a man looks like NOW, not six years ago.

My hot date has suddenly gained 50 lbs. and lost all his hair. As if I wouldn't notice. I have reached the point where I feel surprised when a man actually looks like his photos.

So, if you had met a "hot date" six years ago when they were hot (per their outdated photo), do you think they would not have changed to what they are now, if they have changed?
Would you have prevented them from gaining weight and losing their hair?
Or just abandon them when the changes occurred since they are no longer "hot"?

I understand that deception about what one looks like is unacceptable, but if you understand that people will change physically, why the obsession with every detail about what they look like now, at this very minute in time, if it's going to change anyway?
 Divinebeing
Msg: 234
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 12:33:17 PM

If you don't think your woman is drop dead gorgeous, you are not with the woman of your dreams.

I disagree.

As long as I find a woman attractive and our personalities match up in just the right way then she is the woman of my dreams.

It’s all about ATTRACTION , and one doesn’t need to technically be classified as DDG in order to be attractive .
 clooneystutor
Msg: 235
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 2:12:26 PM
Yeah, but would you tell her she's not classified as DDG?
 Divinebeing
Msg: 236
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 3:19:42 PM

Yes, in fact I prefer to get it out of the way when I first meet a woman :

“ Hi, nice to meet you and btw … you are NOT drop dead gorgeous . I may find you more attractive if I develop feelings for you in the future but know this :
I will never , EVER consider you drop dead gorgeous. The best you can shoot for is highly f uckable and I’d be happy with that if I were you “

; )

In all seriousness, I'd rather my SO be sincere and tell me she thinks I'm "cute ", "handsome " , " sexy " or whatever than feed me some phony over the top BS because she thinks my ego couldn't handle anything else and I'd prefer to be with someone who feels the same way.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 237
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 3:22:44 PM

All you fine gentlemen are giving me a migraine (sorry, the 'vapors' ) ---*rapidly fanning my face* Is it HOT in here? What's with ya'll using all these acronyms? (I think that's what they're called--I'm not sure---) You know how SLOW on the uptake I can be at times. Forgive me<

* shaking my foxy box o' locks and rocks*

DDG, DUFF, YMMV and more that I just can't recall<

I saw The Movie< so I know we are all someone's DUFF< (not really, they just wanted the 'feel good' ending. I'm NO one's DUFF< haha YMMV)

Look at that! Did I use that right? YMMV??

DDG? I never thought I was, but then it is not up to me to say, now is it?

However, the majority of my beaux, in addition to my handsome husband are now six feet under or dust in the wind, so maybe I have underestimated my ???

Help me! I have no acronym to fill that in~
 clooneystutor
Msg: 238
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 3:46:27 PM
I learned DDG here. Thanks Divine.

I may never tell her that, but if she asked how I viewed her?

Well, ya know that saying...

If a gal asks how she looks in her jeans, you know the drill..

However, the majority of my beaux, in addition to my handsome husband are now six feet under or dust in the wind, so maybe I have underestimated my ???

Help me! I have no acronym to fill that in~

SIC - Stress Inducing Capabilities ?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 239
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 5:20:19 PM

So, if you had met a "hot date" six years ago when they were hot (per their outdated photo), do you think they would not have changed to what they are now, if they have changed?
Would you have prevented them from gaining weight and losing their hair?
Or just abandon them when the changes occurred since they are no longer "hot"?

From what I've learned on these forums, I assume you're supposed to abandon them. That is, if you have remained "hot". You see, they are no longer in your "league". Or a "quality" person, etc. (Unless they make gobs and gobs of money, so it balances out.) Two things matter: Physical appearance and money. I used to be so deluded - I thought kindness was relevant. I feel like such a dumbass now :S
 daynadaze
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 5:25:40 PM
^^^What she said
 Ouija2025
Msg: 241
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 5:27:10 PM
^^^ oh noes. Next lesson shall be not all Brides are beautiful and not all spawn are cute ( " here hold him" Me, " rather not"
Be funny if people actually did drop ( not dead but maybe just a spell
I have a DDG girlfriend - she is cool. I could try and dislike her
I did see some Men once in Holland who were if not DDG, at least DTP
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 242
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 5:52:38 PM

Whatsamatterbaby:
Two things matter: Physical appearance and money.

Interesting to read this. From what I've read in this forum so far, if a man dared to say something similar to this, especially a man new in the forum, some folks will grab the pitchforks and torches, and they will run him out of town.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 243
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 6:08:33 PM
^ I meant it tongue in cheek. But you're right, women do often seem to get away with more on these forums. And even I am guilty of perpetuating it: I'll occassionally express when I feel a man has been rude, but I don't do this with women. Why? Angry women scare the hell out of me.

I like your photography.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 244
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 6:18:35 PM

Two things matter: Physical appearance and money. I used to be so deluded - I thought kindness was relevant. I feel like such a dumbass now :S

Don't forget about height, power and fame. Add those three to your other two and you have your complete picture of what matters :). Kindness? Sounds promising but I doubt the "nice" guys will share your disposition on this particular trait.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:05:09 PM
ohenry

What you call drop dead gorgeous, others may not. That is the beauty of attraction, many types appeal to many types.
Does anyone know what happened to Cowboy by the way. Was it a sudden death???
As for travelling thousand of miles to meet, why would anyone do that unless one or the other was prepared to relocate.......
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 246
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:49:12 PM

As for travelling thousand of miles to meet, why would anyone do that unless one or the other was prepared to relocate...

I would have to imagine that had things progressed past that point of the initial meet one of the parties would have made the decision to relocate at some point through the natural evolvement of the relationship.

That would almost have to be a given would'nt it?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 8:30:25 PM
Malefeasance

Well said. However some men are not even capable of carrying a decent conversation I am afraid and then the excuse to exit has to be made. As long as you are prepared to turn up for a completely blind date and have a sense of adventure, why not?
 clooneystutor
Msg: 248
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 8:36:50 PM

As long as you are prepared to turn up for a completely blind date and have a sense of adventure, why not?

Bravo! Exactly!

IMHO, too many folks are hindered by the notion that they must meet The One on the first date.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 249
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:03:01 PM
letitialegrande:
However some men are not even capable of carrying a decent conversation I am afraid and then the excuse to exit has to be made.

I love the levity and banter that comes with conversing with an intelligent man.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 250
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:29:44 PM
Love your beautiful smile LH :)

A nice face is eternal.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos