Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 247
view profile
History
PhotosPage 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Malefeasance

Well said. However some men are not even capable of carrying a decent conversation I am afraid and then the excuse to exit has to be made. As long as you are prepared to turn up for a completely blind date and have a sense of adventure, why not?
 clooneystutor
Msg: 248
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 8:36:50 PM

As long as you are prepared to turn up for a completely blind date and have a sense of adventure, why not?

Bravo! Exactly!

IMHO, too many folks are hindered by the notion that they must meet The One on the first date.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 249
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:03:01 PM
letitialegrande:
However some men are not even capable of carrying a decent conversation I am afraid and then the excuse to exit has to be made.

I love the levity and banter that comes with conversing with an intelligent man.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 250
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:29:44 PM
Love your beautiful smile LH :)

A nice face is eternal.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:52:59 PM
Absolutely, LH
It is a prerequisite for me that a man is articulate, intelligent and refrains from gutter language. A tall, handsome man with a potty mouth, nothing of interest to say..................pass. I want to be just as interested and stimulated at the breakfast table as in the bed at night.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 252
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:13:50 PM
Clooneystutor:
Love your beautiful smile LH :) A nice face is eternal.

Thank you, Clooneystutor! I appreciate you, too.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 253
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 2:22:57 AM

We don't want you falling off the porch.
I'd catch you, you handsome, witty man.

Your too kind LH :) But alas I'm afraid you would discard me like yesterday's news once you discovered the only hiking I've done was from the northwest corner of the parking lot to the front door of Gander Mountain. :(
 Piroood21543
Msg: 254
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 3:57:27 AM
. "But you're right, women do often seem to get away with more on these forums."

You think?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 255
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 4:15:44 AM
^^ certain women, anyway.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 256
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 7:27:40 AM

Whatsamatterbaby:
I like your photography.

Thanks, photography is my therapy.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 257
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 7:33:47 AM
^^^ beautiful shots. Lucky you to have that talent.
plus side re photos I am seeing less of the dead fish pictures.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 258
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 11:31:08 AM

^^ certain women, anyway.

The irony, the irony.........
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 12:14:19 PM

So, if you had met a "hot date" six years ago when they were hot (per their outdated photo), do you think they would not have changed to what they are now, if they have changed?

It's possible. If they were 57 and the one photo was when they were 51 -- yes, that's very possible. Even putting aside any photo parlor tricks: Differences in lighting, clothing, angles -- plays a bigger role for many than merely aging in a 4-6 year timespan. Now, if someone's 16 vs 22 -- much less of a chance of course. But one's photo isn't "outdated" if it does look like them -- regardless of when the photo was taken.

It’s all about ATTRACTION , and one doesn’t need to technically be classified as DDG in order to be attractive.

I agree. Saying that she has to be DDG in one's eyes -- that's a bit of a reach. I could see being As Into a gal on the same level as if she was DDG, when she's just "merely" great looking, but how she/we flowed & certain facets of her looks drew me in more than what a snapshot photo of her would rate.

But some people are hung up on the concept of being "with [insert-person-here] someone", in and of itself, which is sad. Not the very temporary/in-the-moment thought & feeling of "It'd be nice to be with someone", which nobody's impervious to. However, those who embrace (direct or indirect) peer pressure rarely if ever get criticized for it. Instead of "It'd be nice to be with someone," it should be "It'd be nice to be with Jenny/Jim," -- someone they know and are starting to date. It should be about a Who, not a Generic Situation checked off.

Don't forget about height, power and fame.

Body-type, yes -- height being the main factor for women, usually on a pass/fail basis. Technically I'd say it's a shoulder width (and in-shape from a masculine perspective) & height combo that sets that marker on body, but height carrying much of that weight. Power & fame -- sure. But I think statistically that doesn't come into play as most people have no fame, and not really any "power"... so I think finances usually is the representative of that (with sources of finances). Popularity plays a role for those who are at least somewhat socially active, so you could throw that into the same categorical mix. It's kind of like 'fame' but in a localized sort of way. If everyone "likes Bob", he knows so many people, etc -- that kind of reflects on social power and (local) 'fame'. But also -- Validation of being a "catch", which will appeal more and different ways than just a sense of comfort that they're a 'good guy'. Gals (and guys) will tend to more want someone that others like or want.

What you call drop dead gorgeous, others may not. That is the beauty of attraction, many types appeal to many types.

Yeah, but it's Not random, though. People like to say that to others or believe it themselves to make themselves feel better, but it's not random at all. But yes, there are random factors, and it will vary somewhat. But if there's a gal at a bar that 8 out of 10 guys at a particular table rate as DDG, you're not going to get random rating results from the other tables being anywhere randomly from 1 - 10.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 260
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 4:27:05 PM

What matters more than anything when it comes to your online dating profile? One word: Photos. Photos can drastically increase your chances of getting more communication and dates. Or not.

“Use your photos as a primary tool to express who you are, what you love to do, where you love to go and what type of lifestyle you lead.” (From “The Most Successful Online Dating Profile Photos Revealed” by EHarmony, 2014.)

Want to completely kill any chances of success? Then upload blurry, dark or poor quality images. This seems like an obvious statement, but thousands of people upload pics like this.

IMO, this sums it up best. Plus by updating every couple of months...well, someone like me, I change my hair color, makeup & even my weight has changed, so some people can look very different even in a short time frame.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 4:47:09 PM
Welcome back Blonde Angel!

Well said. However some men are not even capable of carrying a decent conversation I am afraid and then the excuse to exit has to be made.

Does speaking though an ouija board count?

Edit for below:

Does a hand puppet improve the conversation?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 262
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 4:50:14 PM
^^^^ Hey
Only took the name because of my mouse pad
WB Blonde Angel...
kinda on topic, I am on eBay, so long we used to have auctions with no pictures, things sold
Strange days
 clooneystutor
Msg: 263
Photos
Posted: 6/19/2015 5:55:28 PM
The hot blonde is back :)
 kj521
Msg: 264
Photos
Posted: 6/21/2015 7:57:22 AM
Welcome back Mr. Oluben....

You have been missed. :)

And I must say.....thanking my lucky Fruit Loops that none of my posts are on my profile.

I'd have to devote a whole dang paragraph to explain and keep repeating....it's out of context...I SWEAR! :D
 overunity
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/21/2015 8:02:43 AM
Oluben said:

"I wonder how many would actually convert their views to dates if they directed each eager viewer to have a look at the last twenty posts from their posting history....."

For some posters here that would only go back 2 hours.
 CharminC
Msg: 266
Photos
Posted: 6/21/2015 9:07:03 AM

Reading this thread is something else ;-) Eternity should have a profile photo in a baseball cap and wearing 10 lbs gold neck chains, she so gangster. The facially fortunate always have the edge with "honesty" when it comes to photos but I wonder how many would actually convert their views to dates if they directed each eager viewer to have a look at the last twenty posts from their posting history....

Oh Snap

;)
welcome back
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos