Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 26
PhotosPage 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

But there is no debate, only in my book? Photo or NOT on the site - Simple.

there is no debate, but you're going to try starting one?? alrighty. there are lots of people on this site without photos, and you aren't ever going to change it. 'simple'.

Indeed my settings are Images only and Must have an image to message me! so I am happy?

somehow you seem unsure. I can't help you there.
 Aggers
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/9/2015 6:15:37 AM
Do not need any help thank you! I know there are a lot of people without photos and if that is their wish, so be it? Just an opinion and I have always stuck by it?

Indeed my settings are Images only and Must have an image to message me! so I am happy?

I search with Images only

And I receive messages, from Must have an image to message me.

I believe that is very clear and true to my profile and I am nowhere near even unsure!!!!!!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 28
Photos
Posted: 6/9/2015 12:54:02 PM
OogaBooga68- My kids had to show me how to do it too!
That is too funny, I take it, like me, the 68 represents the year you were born?
We didn't get computers at my high school until my junior year, even then it was one room with 8 computers, for an entire school.
We got very little computer training in nursing school.
I really need to sign up for an intensive class, heck several classes. I'm slightly behind the times. :D
 newoldgirl
Msg: 29
Photos
Posted: 6/9/2015 1:40:32 PM

Ready?

NO PHOTO'S = NO MEMBERSHIP!!!

A friend of mine is developing a dating web site, and that will be part of the requirement to join. I'm not sure what they intend to do about fake or old photos.

It's pretty easy to send private images on this site if someone piques my interest.
 Maleman999
Msg: 30
Photos
Posted: 6/9/2015 1:45:59 PM

Ready?

NO PHOTO'S = NO MEMBERSHIP!!!

Isn't that called Tinder?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 31
Photos
Posted: 6/9/2015 5:49:45 PM
maleman999- I watched Catfish a few times, EVERY episode I saw, they met on Tinder. Not exactly something I want to try, considering.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 32
Photos
Posted: 6/9/2015 6:37:03 PM

For women it is a non issue as we can attach private images.

I may be wrong but I thought that option was removed from our profiles. Is this option only available to women?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 33
Photos
Posted: 6/9/2015 8:16:37 PM

If you don't post a picture, you have diminishing chances!

Have you checked out the Profile Review Forum?

2500 pages of men WITH photos who STILL complained of diminishing chances, and worse.

when I get msgs saying " give me your email addy and I'll send you pictures" Yea right on that..

That used to work pretty well.
I still have hundreds of women's email addresses in a manila folder from years ago when I sent my photos out.

I'm not sure what they intend to do about fake or old photos.

I highly doubt there is much they CAN do about them.
Which is what renders the whole obsession over photos, so amusing.

I may be wrong but I thought that option was removed from our profiles. Is this option only available to women?

Yes. only women.
Thanks to the idiot men who ruined it by sending naked photos privately and unsolicited to women.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 34
Photos
Posted: 6/10/2015 11:24:25 AM
It's always struck me as "odd" that the folks who fret, fume and fuss the most about the type/quality or lack of photos, are THE ones who will type for perhaps tens or hundreds of hours before meeting and THEN complain about Bait & Switch. Sometimes for years.

FPPs Forum Photo Police. If the bearded comedian "lady" [from AGT last night] were to post photos here, one can only imagine the critiques.
 kayla_58
Msg: 35
Photos
Posted: 6/10/2015 11:58:08 AM

Yes. I just set mine to "Private" and back to "Public" again.

Guys lost the privilege by using private images to send dic' pics.
Either women are less inclined to send genitalia shots, or the recipients are less inclined to complain.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 36
Photos
Posted: 6/10/2015 1:06:18 PM
I think it was Tickle me Pank who got the bestest dic pic
I kinda miss the morning laugh... not the finest bit to send :/
Thank goodness for rate Images
Photos should be date stamped.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 37
Photos
Posted: 6/10/2015 1:25:57 PM

the recipients are less inclined to complain.

Not a whiner here. Nope. No ma'am...
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 38
Photos
Posted: 6/10/2015 4:36:43 PM
I miss penis pics. Sigh... Well, not the pictures themselves, but the opportunities they provided for creative responses. Like, "Cute!"
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 39
Photos
Posted: 6/10/2015 4:44:11 PM
Whatsamatta....nice burn or is it a tan....bloody hot eh?
When we use to have open chat...or IM....about my 3rd day in I got initiated...lol.
Yes...too bad the feature is removed for men.....I see a lot of hookey pics posted to get around the block.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 40
Photos
Posted: 6/10/2015 4:49:48 PM
^ I think it's a tan. I really need more flattering lighting in my office :(

"Bloody" is not a strong enough adjective to describe this heat, in my opinion.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 41
Photos
Posted: 6/11/2015 8:37:11 AM

If women automatically assume that men who do not post a photo are hiding something, is it fair to assume the same about women? I read all the time that "due to their job, co-workers, family, (or other dubious reasons)" they prefer not to post a photo. Do women deserve a pass on this?

What do you mean a pass? Men and women can both withhold their pictures and can search, post messages AND forum posts, without their pictures -- and this is permissible on POF.

You may assume what you will about this, 'til you're blue in the face; but is that going to get you dates? Or, will you find people with current, recent, posted photos that are clear and aren't cleverly angled, that might interest you? I think that's a better use of your time than your initially posted nonsense, quite frankly.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 42
Photos
Posted: 6/11/2015 9:59:06 AM

.............hiding something,..............

Is it just me ? I really don't like "Bathroom selfies", and I detest those selfies WITH the toilet in plain view! GAG!

I want to reach thru the screen, grab these silly people and shake them by their shoulders. "IF you insist taking a selfie in a bathroom, could you at least stand in front of the bathroom mirror, in such a way, you HIDE the toilet?"

..............current, recent, posted photos that are clear and aren't cleverly angled,.........

Gotta agree with you, eternity. ^^^^^ these type of photos are preferred!
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 43
Photos
Posted: 6/13/2015 5:15:40 AM

I had to photoshop my current picture to remove my boobs from the picture due to all the comments. One guy even asked me to put the old one back up so he could "fantasize" and God only knows what else he was doing.

You hide because you have something to hide.

Of course, you wouldn't be so ashamed of yourself as to post a photo mocking wig-wearers, either.
 MissScawlett
Msg: 44
Photos
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:04:51 AM
"You hide because you have something to hide.

Of course, you wouldn't be so ashamed of yourself as to post a photo mocking wig-wearers, either."

Eternity -- for the life of me I can't imagine why you'd post something so ridiculous. I'm hiding nothing. The picture really is me -- with my granddaughter's Cinderella wig -- just for fun. Get it -- ha ha. I'm not "mocking wig-wearers". How did you even come up with this stuff?

I have no quarrel with you and actually agree with a lot of what you say. I try to be nice and respectful when I post and rarely assume anything -- such as your "mocking wig wearers" comment.

Lots of people need to lighten up in here and maybe develop a sense of humor.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 45
Photos
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:15:03 AM

I really don't like "Bathroom selfies", and I detest those selfies WITH the toilet in plain view! GAG!

I promise to at least make sure the seat is down when I take the next one.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 46
Photos
Posted: 6/13/2015 11:10:09 AM
MissScawlett wrote:Eternity -- for the life of me I can't imagine why you'd post something so ridiculous. I'm hiding nothing. The picture really is me -- with my granddaughter's Cinderella wig -- just for fun. Get it -- ha ha. I'm not "mocking wig-wearers". How did you even come up with this stuff?

I thought your 'wig picture' was hilarious< I'll bet you and your granddaughter have a lot of fun together!

"mocking wig-wearers" Really??

You seem to have touched a 'nerve'~
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 47
Photos
Posted: 6/13/2015 11:57:41 AM
Thank you, thank you, Clooney, You are a true gentleman, LOL to leave the seat Down!
 antirepublican
Msg: 48
Photos
Posted: 6/13/2015 12:44:10 PM
If women automatically assume that men who do not post a photo are hiding something, is it fair to assume the same about women? I read all the time that "due to their job, co-workers, family, (or other dubious reasons)" they prefer not to post a photo.

Sure, it is fair to assume that. Chalk it up to fat. wrinkled and ugly. They can't stop you; only give you lame excuses like job, family and co-workers. Then again, women with pictures are usually hiding something too. Some are not really aware of it. (i.e. totally unlike-able borderline) Some are frank about it after you meet. (i.e. divorced three times) Some are deceptive to the end. (i.e. out to defraud you) Photos seem to be such a small issue compared to what else could be going on with them.

If someone objects to a lack of pictures the is no reason that they have to be reasonable about it. They don't have to buy the excuses no matter how many of them that there are.

The bathroom selfies? Quite informative actually. Tells you she is a degraded skank devoid of class. One of a very few instances where you don't need to do a lot of detective work to know something important about her.
 J_BigHorse
Msg: 49
Photos
Posted: 6/13/2015 5:23:55 PM

Lots of people need to lighten up in here and maybe develop a sense of humor.

Tell THAT to women going through chemotherapy.

A good friend lost his wife to cancer...

So yes, I see how your picture could have been construed as cruel & callous.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 50
Photos
Posted: 6/13/2015 5:31:56 PM
Far fetch...because she was wearing a wig, she was mocking people that had cancer.
I clicked on it...it's an attention getter and kinda funny! I was wondering if it was a Halloween pic of her dressed up as Dolly...maybe. My sis that just passed away from cancer and wore wigs, also had a picture of her wearing a Dolly Parton type wig...sheesh!
Jaysus,..... I thought I was grouchy somedays!
Ludicrous!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos