Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharminC
Msg: 101
PhotosPage 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
How's THAT working for you?
^^^
Very well thank you.
Surrounded by some pretty quality mix of people of all walks of life, in my life
I'm blessed :)
 newoldgirl
Msg: 102
Photos
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:36:53 PM

What I don't like about mirror pictures is that you can see the background, like open toilet lids, sloppy looking towel hanging, torn or dirty looking shower curtains, piles of dirty clothes, unmade beds, lots of empty cans or bottles on tables or dressers, etc. It's a good thing to know of course, if neatness is important to you, you know to quickly move on, but the idea that someone couldn't bother to clean up or at least clear off or close a lid before taking a picture, seems pretty ugh. I understand taking a selfie in front of a mirror, but know that what's showing up behind you is telling a lot about you.

I am a "clean enthusiast" myself. I wouldn't be a good match for a slob.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 103
Photos
Posted: 6/15/2015 7:06:03 PM

Every man and woman has a right to decide what they find acceptable or what standard they hold to in a potential partner.

I most agree.

It seems the favorite opinion here is that if you're a certain type of person -- attractive, interesting, intelligent and eligible -- that you must bend your standards, forfeit your right to choose, and consider "undatable" people whom shouldn't be considered, to be "fair and equal." People have a right to enjoy their choice-making abilities.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 104
Photos
Posted: 6/15/2015 7:16:43 PM

Usually the people who have no pictures. Maybe they don't have a bathroom?????

Broken mirrors and shame.

Nail a mirror up in the lil brown house and shine bright like a diamond

They'd still resemble little brown piles.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 105
Photos
Posted: 6/15/2015 7:26:46 PM
Then sometimes the cracks & chips in their bottle or their sagging low hanging fruit isn't obvious in their pictures......
 123nightmoves
Msg: 106
Photos
Posted: 6/15/2015 8:03:39 PM
I haven't noticed anyone telling the so called "attractive, interesting, intelligent and eligible" who or what type of person they should be dating. All people have a right to date who they wish, even the unattractive, uninteresting, unintelligent and eligible. There are many that some think are undatable and it is not solely based on looks or intelligence which is a good thing for some to keep in mind.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 107
Photos
Posted: 6/15/2015 9:20:39 PM
Every picture sends a message, whether intended or not.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 108
Photos
Posted: 6/15/2015 9:26:09 PM
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder...
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 109
Photos
Posted: 6/15/2015 10:35:00 PM
Every man and woman has a right to decide what they find acceptable or what standard they hold to in a potential partner.
-----------------------------------------
Sure, but that isn't what you are doing. You posted:

----------------------------------------
The bathroom selfies? Quite informative actually. Tells you she is a degraded skank devoid of class. One of a very few instances where you don't need to do a lot of detective work to know something important about her.

If you don't want to date women who post selfies, then fine. No matter how stupid your reasoning is, you have the right to be stupid. However, if you want to refer to women who post selfies as skanks, then, you have the right to put up with all the shit you get from such an idiotic remark.

---------------------------
And let's not forget socio-economics. I tend to prefer upper middle class people who present themselves as such.
--------------------------
I would expect "upper middle class people" to have more class than to refer to a woman as a skank for taking a selfie.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 110
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:17:21 AM

Very well thank you.
Surrounded by some pretty quality mix of people of all walks of life, in my life
I'm blessed :)

I'm happy to note that you dissed the man who treated you like shit while you were sick and that twit "friend" of yours who cawk-blocked you. I'm also relived to know -- at least by your declaration -- you don't surrounded yourself with the same, expired quality of jealous naggers who raked you over the coals, marginalized and denigrated you (because you're beautiful and have options) and your experiences with that same cawk-blocking twit.

You deserve better than them.
 J_BigHorse
Msg: 111
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:01:31 AM

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder...

Sure, but that isn't what you are doing. You posted:

----------------------------------------
The bathroom selfies? Quite informative actually. Tells you she is a degraded skank devoid of class. One of a very few instances where you don't need to do a lot of detective work to know something important about her.

If you don't want to date women who post selfies, then fine. No matter how stupid your reasoning is, you have the right to be stupid. However, if you want to refer to women who post selfies as skanks, then, you have the right to put up with all the shit you get from such an idiotic remark.

---------------------------
And let's not forget socio-economics. I tend to prefer upper middle class people who present themselves as such.
--------------------------
I would expect "upper middle class people" to have more class than to refer to a woman as a skank for taking a selfie.

I would say a person who cannot properly follow a thread could be perceived as "stupid."

Anti-Republican posted that comment, I quoted him in entirety and bolded the parts that I thought were most illuminating. When a woman or a man makes excuses for not having pictures up for dating (not forums only) you better bet they are hiding.

As the lovely and intelligent Literate H. says....

A picture of a person in real life doing an activity or out with other people or a selfie in a pleasant environment/background certainly sends a signal as to the inner workings of that person's mind.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 112
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:19:08 AM

I understand taking a selfie in front of a mirror, but know that what's showing up behind you is telling a lot about you.

I agree about background filth -- it's very unflattering and makes a poorly impression.

OTOH, I'd prefer to see an unkempt bedroom (unless his panties and bra are strewn about), than broken mirror photos where the subject of it is obstructed and you can't get a clear view.

Obfuscation abound, so little patience for it...
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 113
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 6:41:57 AM
J_BigHorse:

As the lovely and intelligent Literate H. says.... "Every picture sends a message, whether intended or not." A picture of a person in real life doing an activity or out with other people or a selfie in a pleasant environment/background certainly sends a signal as to the inner workings of that person's mind.

Thank you, J Big Horse! My new main photo (taken 48 hours ago) has energy and action. That's because I had just swung my body around to face the camera, when the picture was snapped. I like the energy and action.
 123nightmoves
Msg: 114
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 7:03:01 AM
I'd like to know what some determine as "upper middle class". Just curious.

As to pictures, a smiling and attractive photo taken at the beach can easily mask a wife beating pedophile. A poor bathroom photo does not show that this could well be the nicest person in the world. I admit that a smiling face is nicer to look at but it really shows nothing other than a nice photo.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 115
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 7:14:21 AM

A poor bathroom photo does not show that this could well be the nicest person in the world.

so what. since when is dating about finding the nicest person in the world? based on whose subjective criteria...

a smiling and attractive photo taken at the beach can easily mask a wife beating pedophile.

I get it... just like a crappy, thoughtless bathroom photo can easily mask 'the nicest person in the world' (as if that were a measurable criteria that made anyone automatically more dateable).
don't forget that any profile photo anywhere can easily mask a snarling case of crotchrot.

what's your point, that most people have something important to hide or that really, really nice people are deliberately putting their bad taste on full display because they wouldn't want anyone to think they are just too perfect?

I'd like to know what some determine as "upper middle class". Just curious.

just curious? 25-foot sailboats described as yachts doesn't seem to cut it, huh.

the perception that their lifestyle, demeanor and accoutrements are somewhere noticeably between lower middle class and nouveau riche or the even more elite, 'old money'.

vvv *scream*
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 116
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 7:27:02 AM
a haiku...just cuz

Low hanging fruits tempt
Shamed broken bottles, seen now
In shattered mirrors
 123nightmoves
Msg: 117
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 7:30:41 AM
I think I'd rather spend my time with the nicest person in the world that a nasty person that takes a good photo. To save time and argument, I do think that we should choose who we wish.

What's the word of the day, obtuse. Photos show nothing of what the person is like other that the outer shell. I know, its a simple concept and I think most can follow that. I could add the old and boring "don't judge a book by its cover" as well.

As to upper middle class, like I said, just curious. Is it based on money earned or money saved or a big house or a career category or an education category? How do you determine if someone is upper middle class, especially after only a date or two or a few telephone calls back and forth. We've all seen the phony Louis Vuitton bags, the BMW's that were leased, the nice home with a huge mortgage, the job title that turns out that the title is greater than the earnings. Do you ask for a financial statement?

I was asked once by someone how much life insurance I got when my wife died. I've been asked how much my house was worth. I've been asked how much I paid for my RV. I've been asked my salary. These questions came from friends of mine and I didn't answer as I didn't think they were anyone's business. I'm certainly not going to answer these questions from someone on date 3 or date 30. I have standards too and this is one - if you ask this type of question, you don't make the cut.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 118
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 8:03:50 AM
123nightmoves:
Photos show nothing of what the person is like other that the outer shell.

Says the man who posted no photos. Excuses, excuses.

The psychology is that if you look happy in your photos, people will see you as a fun person they will enjoy being around.
 DietFree
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 8:04:32 AM

Photos show nothing of what the person is like other that the outer shell. I know, its a simple concept and I think most can follow that. I could add the old and boring "don't judge a book by its cover" as well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Me, if I see a book with a great cover, I would open the book and look at a few pages. If I like what I saw in those pages, then I would try to get that book.

If I see a book without a cover, I will ignore it.
 kayla_58
Msg: 120
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 8:20:47 AM
It's not terribly hard to reach the financial/educational level of upper middle class, if you have those aspirations.

As to upper middle class, like I said, just curious. Is it based on money earned or money saved or a big house or a career category or an education category? How do you determine if someone is upper middle class, especially after only a date or two or a few telephone calls back and forth

Aren't you meeting people with a similar background? I don't find it perplexing, at all. But, then, again, on-line dating is not my primary dating venue.

"The upper middle class, aka the mass affluent, are loosely defined as individuals with a net worth or investable assets between $100,000 to $2 million. Some also define upper middle class as those who are college educated with incomes in the top 15% – roughly $100,000 or greater for households or $63,000 or greater for individuals.

The upper middle class is different from the rich because there’s a good chance everybody can achieve mass affluent status if they work and save for a long enough period of time. The mass affluent didn’t inherit their money, they earned it through hard work. On the other hand, getting rich often takes a tremendous amount of luck."

- See more at: http://www.financialsamurai.com/the-average-net-worth-by-age-for-the-upper-middle-class/#sthash.WZ59E2Jc.dpuf

Whew! I'm in ...
 123nightmoves
Msg: 121
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 8:23:14 AM
Of course a happy and smiling photo is all well and wonderful but it doesn't necessarily mean that that person has a happy and smiling disposition and hides the core of a serial killer. And a good looking book cover and a couple of interesting pages does not make it a Pulitzer prize winner. I've read many a first chapters only to toss the book aside as a boring read. There are a lot of pretty or handsome books that are not a fit for the reader.

No one is arguing that we all don't have a choice in our mate selection. We are all entitled to to our opinion, no one is arguing that either.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 122
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 8:48:36 AM
What about those Upper Upper Middle class? honest why boast about stuff, someone else always going to have something bigger/better. Warren Buffett still lives in the lil $35,000.00 home he bought years ago. Probably owns a castle in Spain tho :)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 123
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 8:54:48 AM
It's a shame she can't see my heart :(
 123nightmoves
Msg: 124
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 9:02:10 AM
Thank you Kayla.

I would have thought the numbers would be higher. When that particular poster said he only dates upper middle class I thought he meant successful lawyers or doctors or wealthy business owners. I'm glad to hear he will instead consider legal assistants instead of lawyers and nurses instead of doctors. Upper middle class seems to be the old "average". As for women dating only those of upper middle class, I'm glad they will consider plumbers, electricians, teachers, welders, etc. and not just doctors and lawyers and such.

I'd like to win the lottery just to see if I could handle being high class.
 J_BigHorse
Msg: 125
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 9:11:24 AM

I'd like to win the lottery just to see if I could handle being high class

"CLASS" has nothing to do with income. It has to do with demeanor, character, how you carry yourself and behave.

And many a picture in here portrays class.

Literate H. with her wholesome, open, lovely self and another lady in here in a bright green dress who appears serene.

They each appear attractive, classy and dateable whether they were working at Walmart or a brain surgeon at a prestigious hospital.

A gaggle of photos in bars or in sloppy lavatories are a huge turnoff and classless, IMO.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos