Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 123nightmoves
Msg: 126
PhotosPage 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I believe it was you who first stated "upper middle class". That does not mean "demeanor, character, how you carry yourself and behave". Kayla kindly provided an explanation for "upper middle class" and it means money, one way or another it means money.

"Class" does mean something else but that's not what you originally said.

"They each appear attractive, classy and dateable" but the operative word here is "appear". We all know that all things are not what they appear. This is not a comment against the poster you mentioned, just stating a fact.
 J_BigHorse
Msg: 127
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 9:38:17 AM
^^I stated/clarified my personal definition of upper middle class, emphasis would be on class, not financial bracket.

Some will understand my sentiments, as to those who don't, not my job to enlighten you or de-ferment your sour grapes.
 123nightmoves
Msg: 128
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 9:46:05 AM
No, I'm okay with knowing what upper middle class means, you know, the proper definition as opposed to "you guys just figure it out what I mean yourself". Its like the back pedaling regarding "skank". But again, its not our job to decipher what you mean, we can only go by what you wrote and if what you write is different from what you mean, you might want to clarify. A classy person would do that.

All is good.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 129
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 10:07:00 AM

I'd like to win the lottery just to see if I could handle being high class

One wouldn't need to win the lottery to exude the kind of class that's demonstrative of an older person with seasoned relationship experience to offer (I'm guessing). I imagine such a classy woman (among others) would cease following and harassing younger, actively dating women with differing standards and perspectives, younger women whom may benefit from one's shared experiences rather than puerile pot shots.

IMHO, dating/relationship forums here -- as a collective -- really don't foster this ideology. The dastardly clan in these forums will win at something, once all of the quality people have been chased out or nuked. Good luck with that, madam.

"CLASS" has nothing to do with income. It has to do with demeanor, character, how you carry yourself and behave.

123nightmoves
Msg: 130
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 10:11:09 AM
What is it you are so fond of saying in your classy tone, oh right,

Piss Off

And get over yourself.
 CharminC
Msg: 131
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 10:19:57 AM

I'm happy to note that you dissed the man who treated you like shit while you were sick and that twit "friend" of yours who cawk-blocked you. I'm also relived to know -- at least by your declaration -- you don't surrounded yourself with the same, expired quality of jealous naggers who raked you over the coals, marginalized and denigrated you (because you're beautiful and have options) and your experiences with that same cawk-blocking twit.

You deserve better than them.

Two people out of all the family, friends and acquaintances I know. Like I said, I'm blessed.

^^I stated/clarified my personal definition of upper middle class, emphasis would be on class, not financial bracket.

Errr...may I differ? Upper middle class denotes financial bracket. Class in itself regards to demeanor.
For example, to say what you want to say, you prefer upper middle class people with class.
Make sense?
 123nightmoves
Msg: 132
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 10:45:47 AM

One wouldn't need to win the lottery to exude the kind of class that's demonstrative of an older person with seasoned relationship experience to offer (I'm guessing). I imagine such a classy woman (among others) would cease following and harassing younger, actively dating women with differing standards and perspectives, younger women whom may benefit from one's shared experiences rather than puerile pot shots.

Eternity. We do have differing experiences and perspectives and there is nothing wrong with that. The difference is, you seem to think anyone with a differing opinion is jealous of you. No, its just a differing opinion or different life experiences. If you quit making comments about folks that don't quite meet your standard as being "broken bottles" or "low hanging fruit", you wouldn't open yourself up to criticism or a perceived smack down. No one is jealous of you, what is to be jealous of, you are attractive, I'll give you that. But that's about it, you can be condescending and rude at the drop of a hat. No one seems to be beating your door down to grab some of you "I'm so special", you're single just like many others. But jealous, I doubt anyone on here is jealous of you, you aren't that special. No one should be jealous of anyone on here, we are all individuals with individual character, charm and flaws. As to pot shots, well, you have fired quite a few off the forward bow in a nasty and condescending tone, its your M.O.

You keep bringing up age, maybe it is an age thing. The younger appear stupid and think the whole world revolves around them and they get this princess attitude. When you have a little more experience your attitude may change and some of this perceived stuff will fall into place and you will realize that you were wrong all along. I like being older, I left my selfish, princess, all about me, I am high class shyt behind years ago.

Now before you gather the troops and delete me again. Please keep in mind it takes 10 minutes to create a profile. And every time you report someone, like usual, its 10 minutes and its not even annoying and who knows, maybe who you remove already has half a dozen other profiles active. You don't know. And your friend Blonde Angel posting as J Bighorse isn't fooling anyone either.

Even though the scuttle around here is that you left and Blonde Angel took over your profile, I don't think so. Blonde was never nasty.

Have a great day, even though you can't even handle someone suggesting you have a great day.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 133
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 10:57:10 AM

"CLASS" has nothing to do with income. It has to do with demeanor, character, how you carry yourself and behave

that's just one definition of class. it's basically a weasel word anyway....

but weren't you the first to use the specific phrase, 'UPPER MIDDLE class'?? that's a socio-economic category, not how you're posing in a photo.

although I get that you're saying you wouldn't expect a classy person to take tacky selfies in the bathroom mirror.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 134
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 11:28:25 AM
I used to demand that they showed me a photo of them with a gecko or an Iguana. But most women refused, on the basis of animal safety. So I told them that was b ull. No different than showing themselves with a picture of a cat or a dog. At which point they would tell me to ram all my gorilla hairs up my ear.

Okay, the above is totally made up.

But hasn't this question done to death? So I like my ill attempt to humor much better.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 135
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 1:24:43 PM

ouija2025:
What about those Upper Upper Middle class? honest why boast about stuff, someone else always going to have something bigger/better. Warren Buffett still lives in the lil $35,000.00 home he bought years ago. Probably owns a castle in Spain tho :)

Smoke & Mirrors, smoke & mirrors...... W. Buffett may have paid $31,500 for that 5 Bedroom House in 1958, but I'd bet it's Apprised Worth is much Higher, now...... Just like His comparing His Tax Rate by Percentages, instead of the Gross Amount Paid, makes a nice Sound bite.... Then He also owns a $4 Million Dollar House in Laguna Beach, California......

Buffett is all for the Inheritance Tax, but His Estate won't Pay It.... He has Tax Sheltered his Estate from the Inheritance Tax.......
 Ouija2025
Msg: 136
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:23:28 PM
I KNEW he had a castle somewhere!!! Just for a day oh to have that kind of money and power.
I'd probably faint and loss said day but
 J_BigHorse
Msg: 137
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:48:13 PM

And your friend Blonde Angel posting as J Bighorse isn't fooling anyone either.

I've been on here for two years. Never had a run in with Blonde, but seems like she always enjoyed posting as herself, replete with pictures.

No, I am not that woman, funny you would assume she changed her m.o. and I've been here mainly as a lurker for a while.

Gives me the distinct advantage to observe, though.

My thoughts, the women who had no issue with updated, clear photos got harassed by those who didn't, like this is a club of phoney baloney advocates.

As far as the other woman mentioned (the beautiful brunette) she seems to be calling out people who are getting incensed by the truth. I don't agree with all of her posts but her observations about the photos amuse the hell out of me!
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 138
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:54:45 PM

Piss Off

No.

And get over yourself.

No. Why should I?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 139
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:59:17 PM

Even though the scuttle around here is that you left and Blonde Angel took over your profile,

That's impossible --I update my photos of myself. BA would have had no way to do this.

Blonde was never nasty.

No -- but others were incredibly cruel and rude whenever she posted intelligently and thoughtfully. Including you, madam.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 140
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:11:34 PM

"CLASS" has nothing to do with income. It has to do with demeanor, character, how you carry yourself and behave.

I understand that there are social-economic classes as Kayla pointed out, but when I think of a person who has "class" or "no class" I tend to think more in terms of how a person carries himself/herself when interacting with others. Dignity and self-respect are important, also.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 141
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:39:51 PM

Warren Buffett still lives in the lil $35,000.00 home he bought years ago. Probably owns a castle in Spain tho :)

He used to own a multi-million dollar vacation home in Laguna Beach CA.

Bought it for 1.1 million in 1996.
Sold it for 5.45 million in 2005.

Buy low, sell high.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 142
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 5:02:05 PM
And there is the rub, I tend to buy high, sell low. Maybe eh will adopt me.
But as to photos... I have noticed that many people copy others style.. so there are a zillion dead fish pictures, hundreds of photos of womens bare legs and toes. Odd that
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 143
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 5:06:00 PM

hundreds of photos of womens bare legs and toes.

Which you'll never find me complaining about.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 144
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 5:10:46 PM
J_BigHorse:

And many a picture in here portrays class.

Literate H. with her wholesome, open, lovely self and another lady in here in a bright green dress who appears serene.
They each appear attractive, classy and dateable whether they were working at Walmart or a brain surgeon at a prestigious hospital.

Thank you, J_BigHorse! I appreciate your kind words.

Many of my photos show me hiking, with no makeup, sweaty and dirty. Who cares? Not me. I'm a passionate hiker and my photos show it. Men often say they like my hiking photos best because I look relaxed and happy.

What matters more than anything when it comes to your online dating profile? One word: Photos. Photos can drastically increase your chances of getting more communication and dates. Or not.

“Use your photos as a primary tool to express who you are, what you love to do, where you love to go and what type of lifestyle you lead.” (From “The Most Successful Online Dating Profile Photos Revealed” by EHarmony, 2014.)

Want to completely kill any chances of success? Then upload blurry, dark or poor quality images. This seems like an obvious statement, but thousands of people upload pics like this.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 145
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 5:11:36 PM
yea well I have seen some toes I thought were Wolfman. Am I missing something, do bare toe photos scream " take me, take me quick "( to get pedi or my podiatrist)
* looks at toes * don't let the fact I can hang upside down in my closet spook you Pretty Boy :/
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 146
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 6:06:57 PM
^ Maby your spirit animal is an opossum :) Who really cares about toes, though? It's the men who have no elbow pics that are suspect. What are they hiding?
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 147
Photos
Posted: 6/16/2015 9:29:53 PM

Am I missing something, do bare toe photos scream " take me, take me quick "( to get pedi or my podiatrist)
* looks at toes * don't let the fact I can hang upside down in my closet spook you Pretty Boy :/

No, it's not about screaming "take me". They're just nice. So nice. Very nice.

Rawr.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 148
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 4:07:02 AM

My thoughts, the women who had no issue with updated, clear photos got harassed by those who didn't, like this is a club of phoney baloney advocates.

It's quite tiresome to read. Once the productive members are gone, the bullshit brigade will be left to their own vices, mainly alcohol,bad/old/angled/obscurant photos and dateless Saturday nights. Their problem.

As far as the other woman mentioned (the beautiful brunette) she seems to be calling out people who are getting incensed by the truth. I don't agree with all of her posts but her observations about the photos amuse the hell out of me!

I appreciate your considerations, J. Yes, this subject has been been flogged to death in the forums and it certainly won't convince people to update photos nor curtail their resentment toward people who bother to make the effort of presentation and actually meet people.
 123nightmoves
Msg: 149
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 6:47:11 AM
I don't recall ANYONE knocking a person for having updated pictures. There is a lot of bashing that goes on about people here, just for the forums, for not having pictures. I also haven't noticed anyone on here bashing someone for being good looking or "attractive". What people comment on is what they write, not how they look. I have seen people bytch because someone calls them out on a comment or what they have written and blame it on others like "you're just being mean to me because I. Pretty and you're not". No, you got called out for what you wrote and if you put a paper bag over your pretty little head, you'd still get called out.

Some people are't here to date. They date from other sites or they have a mate or a wife/husband. They're just here for the forums. No one poster is "more productive" than another. There are a myriad of topics and a myriad of opinions. The "productive" ones aren't disappearing, the ones disappearing are the ones a few just don't like. It's like high school where only the popular kids get to play. Those with differing opinions get nuked. Are't you adult enough to ignore or accept those that aren't sheep?

Why are all the men getting nuked simply because they have a different look on things? Some of the anti feminist stuff does get tiring but why automatically bash and then nuke? A comment is made,mthe women come out guns a blazing and then it's a free for all. The Clem guy or alligator hunter had some good points in his comments but they were missed in the battle. Folks take a few words or a sentence from 8 paragraphs and gnaw on it like a bone and ignore the whole. I also found it humorous when Clloney started the thread about engagement rings and all the hard core feminist posters on here demanded they get an engagement ring. Geez,mwhat ever happened to equality? See, that's the kind of crap that makes you want to "call out" other posters. The "it's all about me" people.

Seeing I will probably get nuked again by Eternity and her clan, let's get back to photos and putting your best face forward. The "other" attractive brunette that has so much going her, uh huh, spends her time between copy and pasting instructions in profile reviews and telling everyone how wonderful she is. Narcissist. She has admitted to well over 150 online dates yet, she's still here. So how's that working for you? The two beautiful brunesttes still here, just like those with bathroom photos, no full body shots, bad lighting and one photo.

No one is making fun of the "attractive" people. No one is jealous of the "attractive" people. No one cares who looks like what when posting on the forums. The forums are free and should be open to all opinions. No one's opinion carries more weight than another based on attractive, unattractive or no photos. It's a forum, people state their opinion and debate or banter ensues . If you can't handle and want to run to mommy every time someone steps on your toes or doesn't agree with you, maybe back off or leave or toughen up. And what is said on here has no bearing on real life or how you manage your life but that's just common sense.

So to make this perfectly clear, I and others and there are others, don't dump on you or the other brunette for how you look, I am in no way jealous (of what); you get comments from what you write.

And no, I don't think BA took over your profile, some do. And J Bighorse? Still think that is Blonde.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 8:56:33 AM
Blonde Angele was a fixture for so long on these forums, I was amazed that she(?) disappeared and did not come back. Originally claimed to be from small town NY, then, suddenly, out in the mid-west with a changed personality. Perhaps she(?) really did disappear, and someone took over her(?) profile?

Don't tell me that people here have multiple profiles! Who would have thought!

I suppose it could all be a case of transgender. Woman in the East, transition in the mid-west, man in CA....Nothing really surprising there.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos