Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whiterose0
Msg: 201
PhotosPage 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Posting recent, clear pictures of yourself can either work for you, or work against you; it depends on how you treat others. As an example, when people see a marginally attractive woman with a large nose and about 30 extra pounds, they tend to overlook it if she has a nice personality.

If she has an ugly personality, having recent, clear pictures isn't going to help her at all. If anything, the photos will only serve to magnify her flaws, by giving people more opportunities to zero in on them.
 daynadaze
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 8:19:03 PM
Again with the toilet seats! People, almost everyone has lids on their toilet, the seat is below the lid, there's a reason there is a lid. The lid is always closed after use.

Fecal and urine matter flies through the air, up, up ,up, then down on you, your towels, your toothbrush, your cup, your shaving stuff, your comb/brush, curling iron, etc., etc., etc. The lid is to be closed also so things don't fall in the toilet water, your animals don't drink out of it especially if you use cleaning type products in your toilet, and young toddlers who are top heavy fall into toilets, can't get out and drown. It's just plain ole common sense to shut the freaking lid when you are done, before you flush. We are all putting it up and taking it down when we use it, it is not a man vs. woman problem, it's who the hell leave the lid up problem.

And everyone knows who you are? I don't. Out of the loop yet again.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 203
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 8:45:16 PM

when people see a marginally attractive woman with a large nose and about 30 extra pounds, they tend to overlook it if she has a nice personality.

thanks whiterose! ;)
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 204
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 8:50:54 PM
^ I was hoping she was talking about me, but my personality could use a bit of work. I'm going to be nice, starting... Now!

On the other hand, this takes way too much effort :(
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 205
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 9:01:57 PM
Maybe those with no pics/old pics/blurred will heed the advice of a fellow obfuscant and then post recent pics in which they are attractive and not disfigured by alcoholism, drug abuse, food addictions, sun overexposure and other eating disorders.
-----------------
I doubt anyone will take your advice, since it doesn't seem to be working for you. So, don't hold your breath.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 206
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 9:28:28 PM
^ Hey. You probably didn't realize this, but that post could be taken as sounding kind of rude.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 10:07:15 PM

I dunno...strange things happen here.
~~~~waving hello to Blonde Angel~~~~~

Hi! (Waving Back). ;)

I should think that an attractive woman with nothing to hide would post recent photos of her beautiful self, those that are more reflective of her true age.

(Flips hair)

OMG! She did the hair flip! ;) [I think I have the copyright on that from my habit of doing it months ago - lol]

PS, speaking of sagging. what do you think about older men with sagging guts over their belts?

Same as a guy (or girl) with a pot belly or any other extra weight in the tummy. Depends on "how much", etc.

Maybe those with no pics/old pics/blurred will heed the advice of a fellow obfuscant and then post recent pics in which they are attractive and not disfigured by alcoholism, drug abuse, food addictions, sun overexposure and other eating disorders.

While KJ's main pic thumbnail does look better somewhat blurred (as is the Whole pic in and of itself) VS if it wasn't, one will still see the other pictures where it's not blurred anyway, so she's not hiding anything. Again, the whole pic of her and her friend blurred a bit in motion isn't a "MySpace" photo trick, even though, sure the slight blurring effect gives it a nice glow/no-wrinkles/etc. But the same could be said for anyone with a primary photo that's taken on a better angle in better lighting without any "Myspace" photo tricks. It's not like it's a "night and day" difference or some big misleading thing.

I mean, the difference overall would be about the same comparing your main pic to your last pic. There is a notable difference. Your 2nd to last pic in that lighting is gorgeous, but again, a notable difference. I don't find anything wrong with putting a pic putting oneself in the best light (literally and figuratively) -- but also having ones that don't so much would be the ethical thing to do -- which you do, as does KJ.

Anyway, one thing on photos though I disagree with some people on: One isn't necessarily in position to "update" photos all the time. If you look the same as when the pic was taken, keep it. If you look different, whether it only takes 3 months or 6 years, change/update them then.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 208
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 10:33:15 PM
norwegianguy456:
One isn't necessarily in position to "update" photos all the time. If you look the same as when the pic was taken, keep it. If you look different, whether it only takes 3 months or 6 years, change/update them then.

I respectfully disagree. People gain weight, lose hair, get wrinkles and change physically over the years. Women want to see what a man looks like NOW, not six years ago.

People tend to be in denial about their own physical changes over the years. "My upper body is strong," men boast. Then they take off their shirts and it looks like their upper body is melting. UGH.

One man bragged that he can do one-handed pushups. We were at a park. I was impressed. "That's very hard to do, especially for women," I said. "That's amazing! Will you show me a one-handed pushup?" He admitted that he last did a one-handed pushup at age 17.

Here's what usually happens. I arrive early at a restaurant, dressed nicely to honor the occasion. "Kathleen!" I hear. Turning, I recognize NO ONE. My hot date has suddenly gained 50 lbs. and lost all his hair. As if I wouldn't notice. I have reached the point where I feel surprised when a man actually looks like his photos.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 11:05:46 PM

I respectfully disagree. People gain weight, lose hair, get wrinkles and change physically over the years. Women want to see what a man looks like NOW, not six years ago.

But re-read what I wrote:

If you look the same as when the pic was taken, keep it.

If you look the same as Now, you're not going to "update" anything from a visual perspective if you take another picture and put it on. I never implied that they'll gain weight, noticeably lose hair or get wrinkles but still keep them. In fact, the Opposite. Change them if it only took 3 days for that to change, or if it took 6 years -- whether it be for better or for worse.

People tend to be in denial about their own physical changes over the years.

TRUE. You could say that one shouldn't rely (purely) on their own judgment. But that's a whole other story, really. One can also look better NOW than months or years past by taking photos of a different flavor (or even extending it into "MySpace photo") to make something look very differently.

One Yahoo article the other day showed a gal with one picture in workout clothes, and another one. "Look, I lost 10 pounds!" Well, they were taken 3 minutes apart but one looked better than the other.

Point being, it's not the timeframe of the photo. There should be no "You have to change your photo every 3 months! You could be getting fat and not knowing it!" -- instead, it should be "Change your photo when you don't look the same, for better or worse. Second guess yourself and take a good hard look if it's been several years, to make sure."

Many people's photos from several years prior are not worse looking and/or look the same. It's not some rarity. :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/17/2015 11:44:34 PM
How can anyone judge a personality really by just looking at still pictures????. I dont think an overweight woman with a large nose and marginally attractive is going to get loads of requests based on her still pics. Or for that matter a man on a dating site, as looks are what count upfront.

Once you meet in person of course personality counts and counts for a great deal but unless you are Skyping and talking on the phone, how can anyone tell what sort of personality you may possess???? I just dont get your comments whiterose....

some people genuinely do not change over a few years and in some instances may look better currently
than they did a few years ago but recent clear pics are necessary in my opinion. How hard is it to get some done in this modern age???? Some people are not very photogenic and some look better in person but nothing is real until you meet....
 kj521
Msg: 211
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 4:00:29 AM
Wow! Such controversy about photos.

But hey.....I get it. Some people are very concernered about physical features and physical attraction that it is high priority.
There is nothing wrong with that nor is there anything wrong with those that don't. For those that are.....best solution is to facetime or skype before meeting.

There are many reasons why people do not post a picture. And those reasons are between them and the people they want to date.
But....this is coming from a person whose very first meet from here was with a man with no photo....and there was no phone call first either. I'm kinda crazy like that. :D

And I do so apologize if my blurred picture offended the sensibilities of some....so I changed it to one that was taken about three weeks ago. Hopefully, it is a little more clear. I am sure if you click on it and zoom in....you will be able to enjoy all of my flaws in their glory. Cause I do have them. ;)

Mr. Norwegian you are correct....I was not intentionally attempting to hide anything and thank you for you kind words.
Although....even if I were....what would it matter? I am NOT dating at this current time and my profile is hidden.

*And NO! I will not post a pic of me in a bikini or my bra and panties! So STOP asking! You know who you are. ;)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 212
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 4:28:12 AM
Your pic was fine. No need to have changed it........for anybody.

ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 213
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 4:29:01 AM

so I changed it to one that was taken about three weeks ago.

Is that really you?? My God, the difference in comparison to the others is absolutely staggering.

(sarcasm)
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 214
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 4:58:29 AM

Fecal and urine matter flies through the air, up, up ,up,

much like what is happening in certain places on this thread.

btw Dayna, I totally agree with you about the toilet seats. my god people why do you think they were invented. shut the lid shut the lid shut the lid shut the lid shut the lid shut the lid shut the lid shut the lid omg shut the fukking lid. are you 5?

It's just plain ole common sense to shut the freaking lid when you are done, before you flush.

not to mention the epitome of good taste when considering the overall composition of one's self-portraits.
 Olivoil
Msg: 215
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 5:53:23 AM
This post has morphed into a dating site fairytale, complete with golden hearted snow white and dark seemingly unstable wicked witch. I have trouble believing either one exist ...interesting as f##% to watch though.
 tgif333
Msg: 216
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 6:44:58 AM
about flushing the toilet Dayna said:

Fecal and urine matter flies through the air, up, up ,up, then down on you, your towels, your toothbrush, your cup, your shaving stuff, your comb/brush, curling iron, etc., etc., etc.

first, I sit when I urinate because there's no splashing. it's a much cleaner method. I always sit when I flush so the debris that "flies" is microscopic.

you'd have to flush openly 100 times before there is airborne particles of any buildup to be of any concern. you suck in more crap breathing at an intersection that you do flushing your toilet.

that being said I keep my toothbrush and other useables inside my cabinet and change towels daily. a quick wipe with Lysol keeps my bathroom clean.

you get more germs opening restaurant and public bathrooms door handles than anything in your own home. I see people leaving a stall and just walking out! I never ever touch a public restroom door handle when I leave. if I have to I use a paper towel when exiting or use the bottom of my T shirt to pull it open. the worst place for germs IMO is railings especially at amusement parks when you're in line! there are nose pickers in the world !!!!
YUCK!!!

nice new pic Mz. KJ
to see the flaws you speak of, what power microscope do I need so I can examine them? oh wait... don't really need to.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 217
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 6:51:36 AM

first, I sit when I urinate because there's no splashing. it's a much cleaner method.

Similar to filling a swimming pool with a garden hose.....gotcha.

Tom, some things are better left unsaid. A tad TMI? :) lol
 browneyesboo
Msg: 218
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 6:54:42 AM

Hi! (Waving Back). ;)

You can't be Blonde Angel...you don't have blonde hair ya nut!
Oh wait...that could be a fake picture?

Who knows?
I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.
Except we're critiquing pictures.
I really like mine.
Unless we're not supposed to critique our own?
Whateva.
 whiterose0
Msg: 219
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:01:29 AM
letitialegrande:

How can anyone judge a personality really by just looking at still pictures????

I didn't say one could judge a personality by just looking at still pictures. Please re-read my post.

Once you meet in person of course personality counts and counts for a great deal but unless you are Skyping and talking on the phone, how can anyone tell what sort of personality you may possess???? I just dont get your comments whiterose....

If you're not perceptive enough to discern negative personality traits by what a person types, then you probably won't be very successful with online dating.
 tgif333
Msg: 220
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 8:14:51 AM
why CC, I think you're saying my equipment is as massive as a garden hose.....

no wait, that's not right! yep TMI.

I like to use the word massive now because of The Clit Hero on the other thread.

don't get your knickers in a bind!
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 221
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 8:32:37 AM

How can anyone judge a personality really by just looking at still pictures????.

LOL, My BF contacted me from an OLD site geared towards those who love to ride motorcycles.
Believe me when I say, "Hell yah, I judged his pics! If he had had NO pics with his ass ON a bike I would have assumed he was lying thru his teeth about being a biker guy!"
LOL Yah, that was simple. He clearly had a pic of his ass ON a bike!

............I am sure if you click on it and zoom in................

............and panties!

MS Kj,
LOL When I used the pic of me, in the black red flowered dress with red shrug, sitting in a high backed chair, as my main profile pic, I received some rather "strange/creepy?" first messages from men. It seems they did zoom in on my pic and saw things that were not there. ( ?red panties?) Sheesh!
From a few women here in the Forums, ( a few are still lurking here) comments were posted concerning my pic. Rude/Insulting comments.
LOl Maybe those who did zoom in, should not have, and those who didn't, should have?

MEH!
LOL BTW nice new pic!

OT , Pictures, are a visual aid, but will not reveal a persons true identity or their character or their personality. You have to meet face to face and converse, it's that simple.
 ohenryx
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:00:00 AM
KJ is a beautiful woman, absolutely drop dead gorgeous. And she is a class act, as everyone here knows. It was no surprise to me that cowboy was willing to travel a thousand miles to meet her. Hell, I would have too, still would!

Thinking about this too much makes me sad. Most of the women in this world aren’t that beautiful. They all wish they were, they all wish men would travel thousands of miles just to meet them. But that will never be, and I feel saddened for them.

It also makes me sad that I have grown old. When I was young, I dated some very beautiful women. Had relationships with them. But I realized a few years back that would never happen again.

To hell with being sad! I’m going to go meet some woman who looks good to me now. Maybe not “drop dead gorgeous”, but damned good. Maybe her face won’t “launch a thousand ships”, but it will launch my car out of the driveway. And we will enjoy each other’s company, and laugh together, and maybe, if I’m lucky, we’ll end the evening with some serious kissing.
 kj521
Msg: 223
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:20:14 AM
Alright Ms. Lady in Red....

I clicked...I zoomed...I was even wearing my glasses. No red panties....

So inquiring minds want to know...and y'all don't act like it is just me and Mr. Clithero that want to know....

Was there no red panties cause you were Knickerless? :D

Btw...you look fantastic in all your pics...but I always liked that particular one.

Pictures capture just a second in time...and I like to know the whole story.
So I like to ask all the details of how, what, when, where, why and what they were feeling at that moment.
And even that...it is only a glimpse into someone's personality.

I am not Mr. Ohenryx! Thank you for saying so but I am very realistic about my looks and age.

And that willingness to travel a 1000 miles? It went both ways. ;)

Life is too short for sadness...especially,when there is a lady out there looking for you, too! Go get her! :)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 224
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:33:47 AM
Thank you miss mysticus, I took that awhile ago after trying LH's technique of spinning around quickly to catch yourself in motion....after falling off the porch a few times I decided it was best and safer just to sit my butt down. Lol
 Olivoil
Msg: 225
Photos
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:44:42 AM
We have to give people we meet a little bit of wiggle room. Any woman who knows what she's doing can use a flawless finish makeup, perfect her hairstyle and position herself just right, for the best profile pic ever. Even if it takes 35 tries.
But if she shows up to meet the under dressed guy wearing the baggy shorts and a ball cap showing her more natural side, she is somehow considered an imposter.
We are all so much more than what our pics imply. It can takes months, sometimes years, to find the real soul underneath all the layers. I personally am hoping to find someone 'real', that doesn't spend his days posturing to be someone he isn't.
If not, there's always meeeeeee...:) I have learned to love myself without having to perform a lot of high maintainence rituals and carry props.
Anyone see Tyra Banks' brave morning pics this week?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Photos