Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > RIP *cowboy*      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 26
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Friend of mine saw the thread and contacted me on FB. I hadn't talked to him in quite a while. I'm not here much anymore, most of my friends from here are thankfully on FB so I can keep up with them there. He's one of the people that I would have continued to try to get to migrate there to keep up with each other. One thing I hate about my online friendships are just this situation, someone could pass and unless it is posted somewhere you won't know.

I don't really get the comment about people who frequently post dealing with stuff, I was bored when I spent most of my time here as well as appreciating the intellectual stimulation. Didn't spent any more time here when I was dealing with cancer than when I wasn't.

He will be missed, agree with Petunia, he could make you cry or want to punch him in the face but he was genuine and a good person.

Nice to see you all, and like irl, wish it were under different circumstances. Hold onto your loved ones, we never know how much time we'll have.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 27
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 10:31:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear of cowboy's passing. One of the great forum characters for many years. RIP cowboy.
 2ufo
Msg: 28
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 11:08:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us know.

When I first read his profile*, I really enjoyed his humor and made a point to read many of his posts.

*in my first incarnation on POF several years ago
 dragonbytes
Msg: 29
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 11:13:04 AM
When you click on search in forums without entering any search criteria, the threads with the most recent entries appear at the top of a list.

But this thread doesn't show up that way.

The only way to know about this thread is to go to off topic forum and look at all the threads, or do a search for cowboy.

One reason you won't get many relies here.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 30
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 12:13:35 PM
Whoa....what a coincidence, I mentioned his name earlier today and hadn't seen this thread.
I didn't know him or contact him personally....he was an informative mod and many of the men seemed to idolize him....Henry mentions him often.

Sad news indeed....RIP
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 31
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 12:21:13 PM
I remember *cowboy*---a thin, blue jean clad man? claimed he'd met hundreds of women via POF and in his case I believe it. Seemed to actually LIKE women~unlike a lot of the men posting these days (still some good guys out there---you know who you are!)

I thought he just 'went silent' for a bit after his very public (on POForums anyway) LD love affair hit a major snag< ;-(

My heart goes out to his family and friends on their loss. Happy Trails *cowboy*~

Makes one wonder how many other posters on this board who were quite active at one time and then went POOF met similar fates.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 32
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 1:00:18 PM
RIP brother!

But I am surprised and more than a little disappointed that more of his friends from here haven't posted in his rememberance.

c'mon...You didn't think for a second that I wouldn't do a shot of tequila with a gal on my lap in remembrance of him did ya?

One last EYE ROLL from Cowboy!
 kj521
Msg: 33
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 1:17:42 PM
Just make sure it is TEXAS style and Patron, Joey!
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 34
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 2:00:31 PM
How sad to hear... but happy trails to you Cowboy.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 35
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 2:20:24 PM
Despite almost limitless "colorful" Forum personalities over the years, (and some long departed) I'll bet I have had as many "interactions" with the Forum bus drivers as anyone. Cowboy was far and away THE most decent, helpful, level headed of them all from my experience and was always pretty quick to get back to me.
 whiterose0
Msg: 36
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 2:54:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear of CB's passing. He could be a bit rough around the edges at times. I could certainly understand why some people didn't appreciate his eye rolls and somewhat caustic sense of humor. Nevertheless, he was always respectful toward me.
 Walts
Msg: 37
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:42:24 PM
Sucks big time. Yet, just another reminder kidlets about a few things.

One, our tomorrow's are never a guarantee. And two, every freaking one of us has "stuff" going on that the rest of us will never really have a clue about. We only get to know what each of us is willing to show.

RIP Cowboy.
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 38
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:48:46 PM

No, not an accident. An on-going issue he had been dealing with for a long time but a sudden end

Did it have anything to do with the opossum he once posted about?? During the time he was a mod, *cowboy* gave me a warning in one of my past lives.
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 7:39:56 PM
I was very sorry to hear of this. I always wished I'd met him, he was funny & kind & sweet.
 CharminC
Msg: 40
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 8:25:48 PM
This is quite sad, he was such a fixture within the forums. Truly! And always kind to me. .. I think lol.
My heartfelt sympathy to his friends and family. I'm so sorry. :(

rip Cowboy
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 41
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 8:45:27 PM
I just heard the sad news. So very sorry to hear this. I always liked Cowboy and we got along very well. He had such a good sense of humour and he told it like it was.He was a character all right, loved reading his posts. He always treated me right and with respect. He will be sadly missed.
R.I.P Cowboy
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 42
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/11/2015 8:50:05 PM

I e mailed him Christmas and thought it very odd he didn't respond . I hadnt gotten any of his usual yahoo e mail jokes he liked to send out in a while and was wondering how he was doing.

Yeah, he used to email me his jokes too. They always seemed to arrive on a day I needed a good chuckle. But I thought like others that he had finally found someone and retired his fishing rod.

Mae
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 43
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/12/2015 4:39:58 AM
:(

I feel terribly for his surviving family, friends, and POF connections. So sorry for your loss.

He was a good sport during the LD mystery meet thread.

Not to open any old wounds, but what was this? Was he or somebody he knew suppose to meet somebody, long-distantly?
 curlygrl
Msg: 44
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/12/2015 5:26:19 AM
I came to the forums in 2006 and was part of that great explosion of POF forum fun.
Cowboy was a big part of that group of us oldies.
He was always kind and he knew when to take out the hammer.
I will always remember that time here as probably the best years of my life as I met some
really great people whom I still converse with today.

I don't come here much anymore. I was messaged that he had passed on Facebook. Thank you
Kathy for letting me know.
I am beyond shocked to see this. He was a life force here. I wish him peace.
 SheldonCooper02
Msg: 45
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:15:04 AM
Sorry about Cowboy.
I had a few friendly interactions with him on the forums.

But I also wonder what happened to Byrd? That colorful funny big guy?

If I ever stop posting on this forums, chances are I'm Banned, not dead.
 ohenryx
Msg: 46
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/12/2015 2:10:51 PM

Walts
Sucks big time. Yet, just another reminder kidlets about a few things.

One, our tomorrow's are never a guarantee. And two, every freaking one of us has "stuff" going on that the rest of us will never really have a clue about. We only get to know what each of us is willing to show.

RIP Cowboy.

Second that. Tomorrow's are never guaranteed, live today. And Cowboy would have agreed with that wholeheartedly.

I did not know Cowboy outside of these forums, but I knew him well here. I have missed him, and I am saddened to hear of his passing.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 47
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/12/2015 2:32:00 PM
LOL, I blame cowboy for introducing me to the expression, "Sheesh".
So in honor of cowboy,
Sheesh! No one can replace him.
 south_city
Msg: 48
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/12/2015 5:10:47 PM
I didn't personally know him. I didn't always agree with him. At times I felt he could be harsh towards some posters. Having said that, I don't wish for anybody to die. RIP.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 49
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/12/2015 7:48:17 PM
Cowboy was a fixture on here for many years he was a mod. I am not on here that much anymore since they took that forum tab away. RIP.
 Jo van
Msg: 50
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/13/2015 6:03:01 AM
I'm saddened to hear this.
My condolences to his family and friends.

When the forums were much busier, modding them must have sometimes been a nightmare.
The unpaid volunteers who did so, had my admiration, for their 'public service', so I forgave their (many) "questionable" judgements.
He banned me many times, but I never felt it was worth arguing with him about it.
I think some people took posting, far too seriously.

He seemed like a decent man.
He tried to be as helpful as he could be, even after he ceased to be a Mod', in the help forums.
I think he tried to do the 'right things', but, like most of us, didn't always succeed.
I don't believe in 'after-life', I think that it's what you do in this life that's important.
How you interact with others, how you make them feel.

From my own experience of him, I feel that he was an honourable man, or at least, he tried to be, and that's what's important (IMO).
A very sad loss.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > RIP *cowboy*