Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > RIP *cowboy*      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 springorfall
Msg: 51
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I remember him from here years ago when I was first on. I am sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends :(
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 52
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:56:42 AM
What I found nice to see, is so many members that haven't posted in like forever on here in his honor. He always helped me when I had questions, and was kind hearted. RIP- see you in heaven.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 53
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/13/2015 11:01:29 AM
Thanks to Trinity818 for posting that link to his profile on messg #13
That allowed me to look at his profile and to realize that he was CHRISTIAN.

I didn't have the pleasure to talk to him, but I know He would like this from the Bible.:

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
For you make Him most blessed forever;
You make Him glad with the joy of your presence.

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.
For we live by faith, not by sight.!
Amen.!!

In honor of him, I copied these lines from his profile:

Profession: Turtle Manicurist.!!
"My life is crazy. My close friends are probably 1-pill outside an institution, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love them all.

Mr. Cowboy, The Lord has called you to reward your life, That's why we do not say to you good-bye, but, See You Later.!!
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 54
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/13/2015 7:31:45 PM
Sad news. Cowboy once had the idea of doing a POF Caribbean cruise with members of the forum. At the time, I didn't think it would work as everyone was fighting. He said it didn't matter. Looking back on it, the members at the time Peppermint, Igor, Crist, Chill and many others probably would have gotten along. I should have taken his advice.

It is sad to learn a life has ended, but it's good to know a life was lived.

RIP Cowboy.
 CharminC
Msg: 55
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/13/2015 7:44:13 PM

Sad news. Cowboy once had the idea of doing a POF Caribbean cruise with members of the forum. At the time, I didn't think it would work as everyone was fighting. He said it didn't matter. Looking back on it, the members at the time Peppermint, Igor, Crist, Chill and many others probably would have gotten along.

Just because he has passed, it doesn't mean it's too late for the idea.. is it??

I should have taken his advice

You still can :)
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 56
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:30:05 PM
There was talk about a cruise. I have been on and off here since 2006 but I met someone he wanted to get married he was not whom I wanted to marry so I came back on here. I should of listened to Cow boy and out of mind (Inner gorilla). They both gave me good advice. Cowboy was tough but he was right . Rip my friend.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 57
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/14/2015 6:12:55 AM
awwww :( Just saw this thread.. saddens me. CB and I had our differences but we talked a lot and liked each other. I thought he had found someone so left POF. :(
Thank you for letting us know Import from the UK.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 58
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/14/2015 5:26:41 PM
OMG. I'm greatly saddened to hear this news. I, too, kept trying to contact him via his personal email and POF profile and wondered why the sudden absence.

He was INCREDIBLY helpful to me when I wanted to host my first POF event some years ago, back in 2008. He went as far as creating the event invitation page for me with colours, emoticons, photos etc. Plus put his name down as going to get the ball rolling for me.

At the same time, my account was hacked and therefore deleted. How could I host an event with no profile? Every time I tried to re join, my account was deleted again. I emailed him and (in ways I won't disclose here) he helped me come back. We became quite close and told me his real name. He was also known as Tex.

May he rest in peace. Sleep well my friend. xxx
 import_from_uk
Msg: 59
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 3:33:10 AM

He went as far as creating the event invitation page for me with colours, emoticons, photos etc.

I'd forgotten that he used to do that at times. He did a few for Miss Allison when she used to host events too.
I remember all the mess around your account being hacked too. And the cruise discussion.
 T_Buster
Msg: 60
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 4:35:06 AM
I first heard of Cowboy's passing a few days ago when a forum regular here contacted me with the news of his passing. I opened this profile because I wanted to post my memories and my tribute to Cowboy.

Cowboy and I got off to a rocky start. When I was a newbie and posted questions and a complaint about one of the sites typical ineptitc features he slapped me around a bit as he typically did with newbies who did not know the workings of POF and complained about something. I replied with comments about his condescending rudeness and another long time poster commented back that taking him on was not a good idea since many who had done so in the past failed and paid the price.

That was my first encounter with him. Once I came to know his posting style, we had many helpful exchanges and were quite civil with each other. We both attacked a troll one time simultaneously with similar reply posts to which another poster replied and put Cowboy and I in the same boat. That was the first of several times I was compared to him.

Generally, Cowboy responded to the ladies friendlier than he did the guys and obviously considered himself a ladies man. While his posting style could be a bit harsh and condescending, his information was nearly always spot on and helpful. As so many have pointed out he was dedicated to this site and spent a lot of his personal time trying to help others and attempting to make the site better.

I will be deleting my profile soon as I am not here for dating. I have met the second true love of my life thru my dear friend Bobby Z. (another regular helpful poster who passed earlier this year). I have married her and plan to enjoy the rest of my life with her.

Rest well Cowboy. If you see Bobby around have a sit down and hash out the memories of posters past.
 rhinestonesky
Msg: 61
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 12:56:17 PM
Does anyone know what he died of? Is it really true? He was so kind to me over the years. There was a woman he loved who was struggling with drugs, I wonder if they ever got back together. I just can't believe it.
 import_from_uk
Msg: 62
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 1:27:12 PM

Does anyone know what he died of? Is it really true? He was so kind to me over the years. There was a woman he loved who was struggling with drugs, I wonder if they ever got back together. I just can't believe it.

Yes but I'm not sharing the information. He wouldn't have wanted that. Yes, it's true. I spoke to his long-term friend on the telephone after he'd confirmed it by e-mail. I also gave his e-mail and phone number to another forum regular (with the friend's permission) and she spoke to him for a couple of hours too.

No, they didn't get back together.
 kj521
Msg: 63
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 3:34:20 PM
Mr. T. Buster.....

It is awfully nice of you to come back just to post that memorial to Cowboy.
And I won't deny that he probably was friendlier to the ladies....but I will smile about it. :D

Just so you know....Bobby Z and his incredible kindness have not been forgotten.
Both of them will forever remain in the hearts of their many friends here.

All my best to you and your second true love. :)
 AussieNancy
Msg: 64
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 3:58:15 PM

I'd forgotten that he used to do that at times. He did a few for Miss Allison when she used to host events too.
I remember all the mess around your account being hacked too. And the cruise discussion.

Yeah, Cowboy was right into the events; whereas Trapped wasn't so much so I called upon cowboy numerous times for help. :) While I was gone, he posted in my event thread and said something along the lines of "Hang in there guys, Softy63 (me back then) will be back soon".

Impy.... It took ages to come back; it was a nightmare. I came back as Holly63 and Cowboy instructed me to lay low for a few weeks and not post in case the system "found" me again. Trapped made an announcement on my behalf that the event was cancelled. I had almost 300 people signed up.

I had no cruise discussion though. You must have me confused with another. :)

BTW lovely to see you back here. You called me Jolly Holly all the time so I started calling you Impy Import. xx
 import_from_uk
Msg: 65
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 4:27:49 PM

I had no cruise discussion though. You must have me confused with another. :)

Sorry, my post could have been clearer. The cruise comment was in response to a poster above you.

Yes, I remember Jolly Holly. LOL. I thought that as soon as I saw you post.
 tgif333
Msg: 66
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 4:39:03 PM
tomorrow is promised to no one.

live today.
 T_Buster
Msg: 67
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:23:34 PM
Thanks KJ.
I know you had a connection of sorts with both of these helpful men.

TTYS
 scareymush
Msg: 68
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:57:12 PM
It's a terrible terrible thing to read this news. Poor aul' Cowboy.

No doubt this thread will do his daughter's heart good should she chance to peruse it.

Unfortunately my most abiding memory of the man himself was the dreadful campaign of hate which was led against him at one point several years ago - 2010 to be exact. There were some awful viperous people hanging around here at the time.....it's a pity I associate that ugly episode with him but then again, reading this thread has kind of restored my faith in people too and it's nice to see that a lot of people truly appreciated him regardless of that campaign.

But the fecker banned me from creating threads (that may or may not be a good thing....) and I can't help but feel a little fed up about that.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 69
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/17/2015 3:29:45 PM

He stopped posting around Christmas 2013 because he received a permanent ban and once the Mods left, there was no one to lift it. He passed away last Summer. Almost a year ago now.

Why was he dealt a permanent ban to the forums (but not his profile)? And why were his posts from some particular date forward, Deleted? Never really heard of that, unless one self-deletes or writes something that's on so crazy you'd think their account got hacked or something.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 70
view profile
History
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/17/2015 3:33:00 PM
Not sure why but he use to tell me that he had a special account that allowed him to do things regular accounts couldn't. For example he could write 18 yr old's if he wanted to..according to him. But perhaps he was just trying to make me jealous lol.
 kj521
Msg: 71
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/17/2015 3:44:32 PM
Mr. Norwegian....

If a ban occurred....that was his personal business between him and whichever moderator. It really is none of ours.

The only thing I know is....he had a kind heart and an incorrigible, charming and larger-than-life personality.
And I have missed him and will continue to miss him. That is what matters to me.
 scorpioinOregon
Msg: 72
cowboy
Posted: 6/17/2015 6:15:07 PM
what really sad news! He was always so helpful, tying to steer people in the right direction here on the forums.

I know he will be greatly missed.
 rhinestonesky
Msg: 73
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/17/2015 7:05:47 PM
He was banned because certain mods took a disliking to certain people and abused their power. That's what happened to Cowboy. The forums are better off without moderators.
 kj521
Msg: 74
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/17/2015 7:16:38 PM
Ms. Rhinestonesky....

That is incorrect information. I was in contact with Cowboy outside of Pof at such time.

And please don't make a memorial thread in honor of such a lovely man into a bash moderators one.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 75
RIP *cowboy*
Posted: 6/17/2015 10:57:45 PM
How shocking and sad! Thank you for letting us know. I will miss Cowboy's straight-shooting, funny and wise advice in the forums.

Cowboy sent me upbeat, fun messages over the years. I will miss his marvelous joie de vivre.

I will never forget him.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > RIP *cowboy*