Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > You get blocked just for sending a message?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BendingBough19
Msg: 101
You get blocked just for sending a message?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Joe, re: the "jaded" stereotype, I don't think you should assume they are presuming "bad cop" status. Some might be thinking it is because of everything you are exposed to, especially in a large city. The endless cycle of domestic situations alone would wear on many. Just a thought.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 102
view profile
History
You get blocked just for sending a message?
Posted: 5/9/2019 6:47:46 AM
^^^
True , I think that is exactly what she meant kind of. But it still wasn't a quality she was looking for. Lucky I wasn't and the friend said "he looks like a tall Fonzie" LOL.

Anyway, thinking back, that friend feelings for me actually ruined our relations. We got along good, chemistry and all and I walked her home and she invited me up to her apt and showed me "photo album". I was a gentleman :). On a subsequent date she wanted us to meet up with her friend and her boyfriend and she got into a fight with her friend and later told me her friend didn't like me and our "relations" went downhill after that. She had the nerve to tell me that she was upset that my hands WEREN'T over her body when dancing. I was confused since pawing at women more likely to be an issue. After that she showed classic immature unstable signs!

Mr White:
Actually, I don't care about the Tinder study. did the most intensive study to date and results were similar. But you ways you put yourself out there better be because you want to because those aren't best ways to meet attractive partners. Yoga classes are full of women bending over in front of your drooling eyes and most aren't going to pick a lover from the class. Same as Karate classes or dance classes or etc, etc. Gyms stopped being a pick up joint in the 80's.
Best is dating theme meetings and just hope you are the top 10-20% for those girls. Of course you can raise your % by building muscles, getting good hair cut and wearing attractive clothing. Increase appearance= increased looks. Remember ANY guy can be the top 20% to a gal if he meets the right gal.
 Coma_White
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 8:16:32 PM

Actually, I don't care about the Tinder study. did the most intensive study to date and results were similar. But you ways you put yourself out there better be because you want to because those aren't best ways to meet attractive partners. Yoga classes are full of women bending over in front of your drooling eyes and most aren't going to pick a lover from the class. Same as Karate classes or dance classes or etc, etc. Gyms stopped being a pick up joint in the 80's.
Best is dating theme meetings and just hope you are the top 10-20% for those girls. Of course you can raise your % by building muscles, getting good hair cut and wearing attractive clothing. Increase appearance= increased looks. Remember ANY guy can be the top 20% to a gal if he meets the right gal.

I don't really agree with that. A lot of people meet in classes. One of my ex girlfriends goes to a different yoga class and her friend met her boyfriend there. My yoga class is mostly older women though. What do you mean by dating theme meetings? Like speed dating? Most people I know are meeting their partners by going to parties, BBQ's, activities like bowling, concerts, festivals, comedy shows, etc. There's no real good or bad place.
 julystorm22
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 8:42:58 PM
There's also the chance that one guy with all those women is going to be considered "one of the girls". Women don't necessarily find men who take part in feminine activities attractive.
 Coma_White
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 9:26:49 PM

There's also the chance that one guy with all those women is going to be considered "one of the girls". Women don't necessarily find men who take part in feminine activities attractive.

What do you consider a "feminine" activity? I don't think the sports or hobbies a man or woman does it going to impact a potential date. Do you think I'm going to meet a woman that's perfect for me and refuse to meet her for a second date because she plays baseball or hockey? The problem is you're either a guy with a bunch of women or you're doing something where you're mostly surrounded by men and that isn't helpful either. Going to the bar is only good for meeting certain types of people. There has to be some neutral ground where men and women can meet each other.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > You get blocked just for sending a message?