Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > hot and heavy first date...how do I proceed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 51
hot and heavy first date...how do I proceed?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I just don't want to get in over my head because I feel like we're approaching the make it or break it phase.

Then tell her. But don't tell her that you are all crazy about her or in love, but simply that you would prefer the exclusive and see where you both go. In the mean time have the type of sex with her that leaves her breathless and wanting more.

Just saying.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 52
hot and heavy first date...how do I proceed?
Posted: 7/16/2015 1:15:02 PM
having tubes tied prevents pregnancy - not STDs. I suggest you stop playing with your health until you know where you stand ( and if she does more than just " talk" to other guys)
How did he manage to suss you out?
 clooneystutor
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/16/2015 1:37:09 PM

having tubes tied prevents pregnancy - not STDs.

Reminds of a fella I knew in the Navy.

Bragged about a fling he had on the beach.

Division officer asked he had been safe?

He said he didn't need to....she was on the pill....

Doh!
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/16/2015 2:09:58 PM

Badzee28...you had the same second date experience with It-1's woman as well? This is getting very tangled, indeed!

LMAO, Houston, WE have a problem!
 badzee28
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/17/2015 1:39:16 PM
She says she hasn't been meeting any other guys, and that if she did, she wouldn't do anything physical with any of them. I don't know, but that still doesn't really give me much confidence. I told her it's dangerous, and that if we're sleeping together we should be exclusive. She thinks that is too fast and I shouldn't push her. It would be one thing if we haven't gotten physical, but since we're having sex, it makes me really uncomfortable and I told her that. Apparently I'm old fashioned or immature for feeling that way. I could try to date other women ( and I did go out with a girl last week for the heck of it), but I just don't feel comfortable with it. I mean, how many girls would be comfortable with the fact that they were going out with a guy banging another girl while seeing her? I'm pretty sure that'd be a pretty big red flag.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/17/2015 2:39:45 PM

She thinks that is too fast and I shouldn't push her. It would be one thing if we haven't gotten physical, but since we're having sex, it makes me really uncomfortable and I told her that. Apparently I'm old fashioned or immature for feeling that way.

Let people call it what they want. Who cares. I personally am a selfish pr ick. I don't share. I do not have that open minded maturity. A while back I went out with this one girl and I got smitten by her, then she dropped the bomb, she wanted to be friends. So I distanced myself from her and I told her. But she kept coming back. She would call me on a Sunday, talk for an hour and made sure I would go out with her Friday or Saturday. When ever she called on a Monday or Tuesday, I relegated her to a Thursday date or a Monday. We became FBs, but it was on and off. I was also blunt with her and would tell her that I already had a date. Several times she ended up showing up at the place I was having my date and introduced herself as just a friend.

Eventually these type of relationships end up being toxic and quite frankly the sex as good as it may be do not make it worth it. So dude, you need to be in exit mode. Sometimes when she calls, do not answer. And when you finally do, hours later, tell her that you were busy. In the mean time, get busy as well.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/17/2015 3:14:46 PM
^^^
+1

Very sage advice.
 professora
Msg: 58
view profile
History
too strong?
Posted: 7/19/2015 4:42:55 PM
an old saying is so often true

"Those who come on strong, dont last long"
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 59
too strong?
Posted: 7/19/2015 6:45:30 PM
Ahh... But

"Those who put out
Don't get gout."

(I'm serious - apparently for men, sex can prevent gout.)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 60
too strong?
Posted: 7/19/2015 6:50:38 PM
Not sure if Ernest Borgnine's trick for living a long life would help reduce gout, or work for females...
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/6/2015 11:09:21 AM
I must have missed something along the way, did she just get her breast done? Why were they out? and how do you know she doesn't have a dong below?

It just sounds like too much too soon and you're already getting ahead of yourself. If your emotions are developing faster than what's actually going on in person, pull the plug!
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/6/2015 9:04:39 PM
I am really confused- was it1 calling the other guy? What happened to OP?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 63
too strong?
Posted: 8/6/2015 9:33:01 PM

"Those who put out
Don't get gout."

My big toe hurts like the****ns. Anybody want to help me with that?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 64
too strong?
Posted: 8/6/2015 9:42:33 PM
^ Pssst! Big toes are decidedly unsexy. Quick - delete!
 td2231
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/18/2015 12:41:35 PM
Wow! I'm reading this and I can't believe it. I didn't think men got attached with sexual activity. If anything, I thought you guys would lose interest. I am glad I read this and restored my faith that there are still sweet men out there that will admit to their emotions.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/18/2015 12:47:15 PM

I am glad I read this and restored my faith that there are still sweet men out there that will admit to their emotions.

Fvck no. I refuse to admit to my emotions.

(Pouts and holds breath until red on the face.)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:09:08 PM

Wow! I'm reading this and I can't believe it. I didn't think men got attached with sexual activity.

LOL - that's about as much of a false stereotype that's passed around as women only want relationships with the guys they've ever had sexual activity with (suddenly there's no fellow women to criticize when people-watching, when that's said). It's a pretty simple concept: Sexual activity or not, you still want to see if them if you Are that into them... whether you're a guy or girl.

If anything, I thought you guys would lose interest.

Yeah, if she's horrible in bed (or otherwise).
 td2231
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:50:06 PM
Lmao! Well you just admitted them to me ;) - thanks for your response.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:54:04 PM
How about some sexual chemistry?
 td2231
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:55:44 PM
I agree on thw stereotype issue. This is what counselors and magazines teach us.
I know! You guys are hard to read though. Some are teal smooth talkers that look like the real thing. How are we suppose to distinguish right then and there if emotions are stirring up. See... women suffer the same issues you guys do. :)
 td2231
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/18/2015 2:00:24 PM
Lots of it! That won't make anyone want to keep you anymore than talking would.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2015 2:12:47 PM
You know what they say, everyone likes a good ride!:)
 Erinelda
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/24/2015 4:35:28 AM
Wow OP the way you are is appealing to ME. I wish I could find a guy who looks like you and who wants me so badly after our first kiss. It would be great :P I'd delete my profile TODAY lol.. I operate the same way and have to hide it. It makes me wonder why you are screwing around with someone so harmful to your feels. She TOLD you she plays with men's time, sexuality and emotions. And you think she is being really really real with you?

She has been quite clear "I am nothing like you, sex means very little to me. I do not want to stop being single, I am having way to much fun screwing with you and other men. HERE is another man.. LOOK AT HIM.. LOOK AT HIM!!" ..Not sure where she lost you xD
If someone says they don't want to be with you BELIEVE THEM.

There are girls like me waiting for you while you keep screwing around with this nonsense xD
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/24/2015 5:33:25 AM
Message: I agree on thw stereotype issue. This is what counselors and magazines teach us.
I know! You guys are hard to read though. Some are teal smooth talkers that look like the real thing.
-------------
Well, stop trying read guys. If you do what you want to do (or not do), it doesn't much matter what the other person's intentions are.

------------
How are we suppose to distinguish right then and there if emotions are stirring up. See... women suffer the same issues you guys do. :)
------------
No, the people who have that problem are those who want to manipulate another person by figuring out what he or she is thinking and then leveraging that to get something else. Your choices are simple. Do you or do you not want to have sex with that person? If you expect sex to get you anything but sex, you are hoping to use sex to,leverage something more, so don't do it. Then , you don't have read anyone and whatever choice you make, you will be satisfied with the outcome, independent of what the other person does.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/24/2015 6:09:04 AM
Wow, the guy blatantly reveals he has TWO PROFILES and gets away with it ?

* scratches head
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > hot and heavy first date...how do I proceed?