Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Being stood up still irks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 50
Being stood up still irksPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ha! Only time I ever stood someone one up was when I was sitting in the ER with a broken arm. I was never forgiven.

Been stood up a few times but until I see the whites of their eyes ... It's not real.

LH, I think we have to work on getting you out of the "J" section of the dating arena. lol Don't worry about the way you type. Unless someone has real issues, they are not going to go to the effort of tacking down Jack or John. Good Grief!

Le Pew
 Coma_White
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Being stood up still irks
Posted: 6/15/2015 1:49:24 PM

LH, I think we have to work on getting you out of the "J" section of the dating arena. lol Don't worry about the way you type. Unless someone has real issues, they are not going to go to the effort of tacking down Jack or John. Good Grief!

What's the J section? I've heard that if you're single, your pockets will jingle.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2015 2:18:16 PM

WRONG AGAIN.
Jack is neither a pilot nor spotter.

I know. Jack Bauer fights terrorists and saves America! He puts out different kind of "fires"! ;)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/15/2015 7:06:48 PM

What's the J section?

J as in "John" and "Jack".

She seems to date a lot of Johns.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/15/2015 7:13:32 PM
What You Did There, I See..........
 Grateful750
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/21/2015 3:39:09 PM
haah.. this is funny.LOL
Well I just have one question for LH.. Can I be like you when I grow up?? You look great for 60s
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2015 5:58:43 PM
I was stood up once but the guy went to a different place than I, through some mix up and thought that I stood him up.
This all transpired months later when he was miffed at me, when we encountered each other again.. We cleared the air but he never did ask me out again.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/21/2015 6:56:00 PM
grateful750:
Well I just have one question for LH.. Can I be like you when I grow up?? You look great for 60s

Thank you, darling. Since age 21 I have been lifting weights, getting aerobic exercise (running, swimming laps, walking fast), hiking passionately, and enjoying cross-country and downhill skiing. Three years ago I quit downhill skiing because I want my knees for LIFE.

A healthy lifestyle:

1. Plenty of exercise.
2. Sunscreen daily- year round- on face, neck and arms.
3. Wear a Solumbra hat (SPF 100) for hiking and gardening.
4. Never drink soda pop. Never smoked.
5. Avoid fatty, deep fried and junk food.
6. Eat fresh vegetables, fruit, whole grains and lean protein.
7. Snack on almonds daily to satisfy hunger. Almonds have heart-healthy fats, calcium and protein.
8. I rarely drink alcohol. No more than a small glass of wine.
9. Cook at home. Avoid processed food.
10. Drink water all day long.
11. Neutrogena day cream (SPF 20) and night cream, on face and neck. Morning and night.
12. Good dental hygiene.
 sealady111
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/21/2015 7:58:14 PM
^^^^ I have committed all of the above sins at some time in my life.

Doomed ;)

lol
 clooneystutor
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/21/2015 8:38:50 PM
Damn!

My stove is spotless and I have dry salami and sliced provolone cheese in my fridge to snack on.

Oh...and Cheetos and white wine occasionally.

I did de-commission the rice cooker. That thing is too convenient...
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/21/2015 10:24:31 PM
I was describing my own lifestyle and eating habits. My mother was a tremendous athlete who raised us on healthy, low fat food. Mom was 35 years ahead of the times. She was a wonderful role model. Thanks, Mom!

After 60 years of eating healthy food, fatty food makes me sick to my stomach. Two years ago I took a sip of Coke to taste it, and recoiled at the horrible chemical taste. I couldn't wait to get that nasty taste out of my mouth.

You are what you eat.
 Coma_White
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2015 1:29:40 PM

1. Plenty of exercise.
2. Sunscreen daily- year round- on face, neck and arms.
3. Wear a Solumbra hat (SPF 100) for hiking and gardening.
4. Never drink soda pop. Never smoked.
5. Avoid fatty, deep fried and junk food.
6. Eat fresh vegetables, fruit, whole grains and lean protein.
7. Snack on almonds daily to satisfy hunger. Almonds have heart-healthy fats, calcium and protein.
8. I rarely drink alcohol. No more than a small glass of wine.
9. Cook at home. Avoid processed food.
10. Drink water all day long.
11. Neutrogena day cream (SPF 20) and night cream, on face and neck. Morning and night.
12. Good dental hygiene.

That should be obvious to most people, but I can't believe the number of people that still smoke. At the same time I'm not really surprised when there are mothers and fathers that smoke and they forget they're a role model for their kids. They spend lots of money on make up and hair products but refuse to give up smoking. It's unbelievable how much it ages you. You can go through profiles and tell if the person is a smoker or not by looking at just a current photo and their age with a pretty high success rate.
 Peas_
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/25/2015 5:15:30 PM

See now Sealady...

If you could develop the calfs of LH and the sleuthing skills of others here,

you could hunt down these cretins and intimidate the crap out of 'em!

bwahaha....and nail their storm door shut.

awwww, it's just flat out disrespectful for a no show without a call first explaining.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2015 6:08:31 PM
The only comfort with the no shows and no message is that one day someone will do the same to them. Bound to happen with online dating, sooner or later. As others have said there are those that we wish had not turned up lol!!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/25/2015 6:46:18 PM
Part of me wants them to cancel, so I can just be by myself, lmao

As for not showing up, I'd send one last text and say "in 10 minutes, I'll be commencing the date with or without you, so let me know if I should still wait for you or you're not able to make it".

I had a date at about 9pm and he kept getting delayed and communicating such, after the 3rd delay, I had enough, I went to Taco Bell and then home. He was in a cab on his way to me and I told him to forget it.

For the other one who didn't show up at the time specified and didn't communicate how late he was going to be, I told him I was leaving. He later tried to meet me where I was but being that I was eating, I'm sure he didn't want any part of the bill, as he had only invited me for tea, so I dismissed him. He was arriving by bike, had a flat tire which he was fixing.

Things happen, but I enjoy my own company a bit too much so it is never a let down if they don't show up or cancel. There are days I'm thinking "do I even have to go?" Lol

I feel for you girl, but all they did was rightfully eliminate themselves from the search and show you they don't deserve you.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/25/2015 8:01:29 PM
I've told the story multiple times, here......

Being Stood Up by My Date in August of 1983, was one of the Best Things that ever happened to Me.......
 GeminiFun
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/3/2016 9:53:54 PM
Are you kidding me??
After several years on POF, I am consistently stood up 50% of the time. People here (Calgary AB) are flakey, lying cowards.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 5:40:31 AM

After several years on POF, I am consistently stood up 50% of the time. People here (Calgary AB) are flakey, lying cowards.

Wait -- actually stood up, or not actually stood up where after agreeing to have a date on day X, communicating took a dive and they blew ya off, and you never got confirmation thus the date never happened even though they said day(s) prior it would? If you're Actually stood up 50% of the time, that's crazy... I'd introspect and see what I was doing that was out in left field that was leading to such a high %.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 6:33:05 PM
If I were to go out with a firefighter I would be proud as well. They are the modern day superhero in my book. Especially the voluntary guys. In fact I did have a date with one but he was so hugely obese that I couldn't get past that.

I have to wonder how many no shows actually turn up and don't like what they see and then disappear. I wish I had done that a couple of times but I was too polite and suffered through the cup of coffee before making excuses.
 GeminiFun
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/16/2016 10:30:05 PM
POF sucks. I have had EVERY date I have made for 13 months stand me up. No notice just no shows. Not just on POF, but with match makers and other sites. Calgary men need to stop wining about being alone, let go of their****, get up of the couch and actually leave their houses.
Stop wasting everyone's time.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2016 9:18:01 AM

I have had EVERY date I have made for 13 months stand me up. No notice just no shows.

If you had a long series of dates do that, time and time again... then there's something on your part in terms of setting things up, that's going wrong. Not to say you won't ever get that, but part of being a veteran online-dater is to read the expectations on the probabilities of what will likely happen. I've set up dates where, going into it, I knew the probability was going to be low due to lack of communication leading to it, or it being set up a week prior (but she's hot, so why not). There can be lots of different obvious (or not too obvious) clues.

I think the most common one is chatting with someone, setting up a meetup that's set many days ahead (a week or so) -- and then not much to talk about leading up to it... and just assuming they're geeked to meet up when that Friday comes along. :) Key in those situations is to keep communication rolling, or at least the attempt to. If they're dropping off in communication, and aren't responding shortly before the date/meetup, then you know they're not going to show.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Being stood up still irks