Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Sins of pof      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 26
Sins of pofPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Let me guess, you have absolutely no idea why you're having such luck?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/29/2015 6:43:27 PM

TEN years on dating websites and STILL you got no date!

I'm out to break that record.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/29/2015 6:53:14 PM
He knows why he is having no luck, just trying to browbeat others into lowering their standards and perhaps give the overweight guy with no car, poor language skills, a chance.... Another whiney post disguised as listing the sins of others......
 ohenryx
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/29/2015 10:18:48 PM

InnerGorilla
The same can apply to women looking for men. But while women are also into a physical appearance, it has been my experience that given the choice between character and beauty, women will pick character 99% of the time.

I have to disagree with you on this one, my friend. Quasimodo will never get a date, thus he will never have the chance to impress any woman with his sterling character. You simply have to have a minimum level of “good looks” to get your foot in the door. How much “good looks” is enough to open the door? Depends entirely on the level of woman you’re trying to connect with.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 30
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/29/2015 10:37:35 PM
IG nailed it.

I've been to a few 'over 45' bars...

The hot 50ish women with Italian slobs...insane.

I'm sure the wallet was a major character enhancement for these gals.

I've always believed men are more forgiving, except visually.

Women? The exact opposite.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/29/2015 11:12:17 PM
I tend to agree with ohenryx

Most women don't want to bed a man with character and no sex appeal for them, at least. THen there is the appeal of the bad boy but only for women with low self esteem and a male role model of the same, growing up.

I do wonder though when I see some of the men that are married and breeding. I guess if he has other sterling qualities, the bedroom light goes off, the wine is drunk and she thinks of the hot guy down the road or the shopping list...
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 32
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 12:13:35 PM

Quasimodo will never get a date, thus he will never have the chance to impress any woman with his sterling character. You simply have to have a minimum level of “good looks” to get your foot in the door. How much “good looks” is enough to open the door?

The problem with Quasi is that he never had game, other than taking his women by rope abduction. I know a couple of guys that in their younger years were somehow attractive, had game and could pick up women. Those guys are now older, fatter, with much less hair, but still have character and attitude. And guess what? They date younger, attractive women.

I've also seen in many restaurants attractive women, not with super hot guys, but average looking guys with their beer bellies.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 33
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 12:53:09 PM
Quasi Modo just won the 2015 ugliest dog contest :/
What kind of attitude do you mean IG?
maybe those attractive women are dining with their uncle
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 34
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 1:06:54 PM
"Sins of POF" - coming soon to an adult book store near you.
 kj521
Msg: 35
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 1:55:58 PM
Mr. Pig....are any of your Pof sins in this book?

If so...may we have a preview, please? :D
 SpruceMan2015
Msg: 36
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 2:48:12 PM
Gotta Love "experts"
 Maleman999
Msg: 37
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 3:49:51 PM

"Sins of POF" - coming soon to an adult book store near you.

Is it a type of book where I should be wearing sunglasses and a hoodie when buying it?
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 38
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 4:08:23 PM

Mr. Pig....are any of your Pof sins in this book?

If so...may we have a preview, please? :D

Unfortunately, my submissions will not be in this book. They claimed I wanted too much money for my contribution. Total hogwash. However, my own book, "Doin' It Hoggy Style" should be available this fall. I will send you a free autographed copy, toots.
 Brave_one
Msg: 39
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 4:46:06 PM

Those guys are now older, fatter, with much less hair, but still have character and attitude. And guess what? They date younger, attractive women.

I've also seen in many restaurants attractive women, not with super hot guys, but average looking guys with their beer bellies.

Good points in what still can bring them in... then in what a lot others think it does on the other side of the coin now or before.

So if your character & attitude is your best hand.....then stay the course....
 tangofish
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 8:23:37 PM
What about mustache etiquette? I mean I've seen some downright criminal negligence in that department. And who designed my forehead? I mean, should I apologize in a caption? or just say I'm related to Bill O'Reilly?
 clooneystutor
Msg: 41
Sins of pof
Posted: 6/30/2015 8:24:33 PM

And who designed my forehead? I mean, should I apologize in a caption? or just say I'm related to Bill O'Reilly?

Tell 'em it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
 Hearton64
Msg: 42
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/2/2015 3:18:11 AM
Sin # whatever.

Do NOT claim you are a "few extra pounds"
when you are obviously obese to morbidly obese.

Check your BMI!

You can't hide behind "face only" photos in person!

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 43
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/2/2015 5:52:21 AM
^^^^^^^

I'm going to temporarily change my body type to BBW, for I've gained 10 pounds in the last 3-4 weeks due to hurting my back trying to do a new exercise. I've since replaced exercising with f*cking but such is not resulting in burning the same amount of calories, as I'm not the one doing the work, lmao.

When I lose the extra pounds, I'll go back to average.
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 44
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/2/2015 8:04:11 PM
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
Lest there be a new proclamation in the kingdom!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 45
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/2/2015 8:12:45 PM
I dunno Belle.

There's a thread about someone being tired of doing the heavy lifting.

I'd avoid the BBW thing...
 kj521
Msg: 46
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/3/2015 5:36:46 AM
Ooooo.....Ms. Belle!

Guess that app is coming in handy. ;)

And I don't think BBW would be an accurate description based upon what I have seen. You're just lovely. :)
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 47
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/3/2015 8:23:25 AM

I dunno Belle.

There's a thread about someone being tired of doing the heavy lifting.

There are lazy people everywhere, lmao. I hoist myself from my bed and other surfaces with no assistance, but the ability to carry me is greatly admired *wink*

I'd avoid the BBW thing...

It's alright, it will likely have no effect as I'm not dating, I'm just enjoying my life. The designation will only serve so as to not be accused of deceit in the forum, as it seems many are sensitive about other people's scale reading.

Ooooo.....Ms. Belle!

Guess that app is coming in handy. ;)

Which of the apps? Lmao. I'm not burning as many calories as I should and now that my back is back to normal, I suffered an injury to my foot. I was wearing my flat sandals and descended from a train onto a bump that encrusted itself on the right side of my foot, and it hurts to press on that area. I'm exaggerating of course but it's as accurate as I can describe it, if it persists, I may have to get it checked out. I couldn't even get a pedicure :-(

So no long distance walking for me anytime soon, just TV, food, work, and dressing up cute to distract from how crummy it feels :-)

And I don't think BBW would be an accurate description based upon what I have seen. You're just lovely. :)

Thanks......but........it will be if people continue to invite me to eat, BBQs, feasts, etc. just yesterday (the main picture), my friend invited me out to dinner and the whole 9, just so he can gift me a tablet with accessories. He could have just dropped it off, but nooooooooo, nothing is ever that simple.

Today, they are Q-ing at the rehab, and I'm swooping in just in time to eat some, to save money on lunch plus lock myself in my office, then have fondues tonight with friends, lol. Tomorrow, my brother-in-law's family (who is Black) is doing a feast with backyard entertainment and all. Mac & cheese, all the meat and seafood you can eat, I'm gonna blow up, lmao. Sunday is yet to be determined, but likely another shenanigan.

I'm snowballing rapidly, so I'll soon get into BBW status, lmao......unless my foot gets better and I can go back to working out.......or not eat as much but I certainly cannot make that commitment. *muttley laugh*
 bucsgirl
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/3/2015 4:03:36 PM
I agree with several other posters on two things - first of all, incorrect title, and secondly you have no idea what you're doing. I could meet two people in ten years hanging out at the Icee machine at 7 Eleven.

A better title would be "What I've Learned from being on POF that Doe Not Work" or something more pithy. Also, all these situations you've addressed (ahem!) have been discussed at length on more correctly title threads.

You'd be better off to go straight to the self help section of the bookstore and find that Online Dating for Dummies book and start taking notes. Honestly.

Oh, and as a final note, if you've not had much "luck", why are you still here?
 south_city
Msg: 49
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/4/2015 3:31:00 PM

I insist on a telephone conversation before meeting. I want to ask him a few questions first. Also I want to see if he sounds intelligent and articulate and has a good sense of humor.

I don't mind a short phone conversation before setting up a date / meeting. But it's not mandatory for me. You can have a great phone conversation and the other person is still dishonest about their appearance and other things. Also some people don't like talking on the phone and are better with face to face conversations.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Sins of pof
Posted: 7/5/2015 12:23:47 AM
absoluately agree. The voice is important to me and you can tell a lot by it. If a guy turns up having lied about his appearance and lies about other issues, that is another story...... I would not meet anyone without a conversation by phone first. I cant imagine anyone bothering to meet up not having at least had some kind of voice conversation for all sorts of reasons.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Sins of pof