Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Donald Trump running for Presidency 2016      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 51
Donald Trump running for Presidency 2016Page 3 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
Dude, you really, really need to get a dictionary. You keep using the word "hyperbole" and you clearly have no idea what it means.

And just to be a stickler, I don't think the guy who coined the term "race pimps" can credibly chastise others for useless hate. All he did was quote an article that said there isn't a frontrunner in the Republican race. That's not what happened in 2008 with the Democrats - there was a clear frontrunner, and then Obama surprised everyone and he was the frontrunner. A role Bernie Sanders may play this time.

The 2016 Republican field looks like the 2012 race. Remember when a whole series of lightweights held the lead for just long enough for people to actually pay attention to them - Bachman, Herman Cain, Giuliani, etc. Just the thought of any of them actually sitting in the Oval Office killed their respective chances.
 00Spy
Msg: 52
Donald Trump running for Presidency 2016
Posted: 6/19/2015 4:13:29 PM
Ok Dad.
Sorry nothing wrong with my dictionary. Use of the word was proper and in proportion to the exaggeration so widely in play in all of these threads.
If you think I coined the term "Race Pimp" you're sorely mistaken. You should read the great book by Kevin Jackson on the subject.
As for the Dem and Repub nomination races you have to understand that the first primary is several months away. You have to compare apples to apples. Just relax, chill the Repubs will shake things out as time is on their side.
Unfortunately for you time it is not on Hillary's side.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/19/2015 6:26:36 PM

Again Irish you prove all my points of the absurdity of ridiculing the Repubs many candidates (yes lack of front runner) however you fail to accept that the Dems were in the same position back in 2007 leading into the 08 election. That would actually be an interesting discussion.

When you understand that this group is refered to as clown car candidates not because the of number of them, but because most of them are crazy people, you will be on your way to understanding.

Unfortunately for you time it is not on Hillary's side.

It is almost like you do not read your own derp about exaggerations and hyperbole before you type.
 00Spy
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/19/2015 6:46:17 PM

When you understand that this group is refered to as clown car candidates not because the of number of them, but because most of them are crazy people, you will be on your way to understanding.

Why is it that because you disagree with the political ideas of people you therefore have to belittle and insult them. What is it in human nature that causes such small mindedness and incivility?
The people running for nomination on both sides are very accomplished people.
Most have high IQ and have been very successful.
I will never understand why the posters in here feel a need to insult such people.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/19/2015 7:05:12 PM

Why is it that because you disagree with the political ideas of people you therefore have to belittle and insult them. What is it in human nature that causes such small mindedness and incivility?

Nope, it is because many of them have said some incredibly crazy stuff.

Pick any one of them and I will be happy to give you examples.

The people running for nomination on both sides are very accomplished people.
Most have high IQ and have been very successful.

Which still does not discount the crazy.

I will never understand why the posters in here feel a need to insult such people.

I feel the same way when I see people complaining about the very things that they do.
 HondoGal
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/19/2015 11:21:23 PM
I loved Donald Trump’s interview with Bill O’Reilly.
Trump states truth and facts:

“[Mexico] are sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and their rapists,” the business mogul said.

Meanwhile, Trump pronounced Mexico the new China. “I’ll cut off all – I’ll start charging for their product coming into this country. Mexico is living off the United States. … They will pay for the wall, and the wall will go up, and Mexico will start behaving. Mexico is not our friend.”
When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.
The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

We are rebuilding China. We’re rebuilding many countries. China, you go there now, roads, bridges, schools, you never saw anything like it. They have bridges that make the George Washington Bridge look like small potatoes. And they’re all over the place.
“We have rebuilt China,” he told O’Reilly. “They have taken our jobs, they’ve taken our manufacturing, they’ve taken everything from us. … They’ve taken money. Do you know that right now we owe China $1.3 trillion? We’re paying them interest. What you do to China is you say if you don’t behave we’re going to have to start taxing your goods coming into this country. … They charge us tariffs. We don’t charge them because we’re stupid.  They charge us.

So we have to rebuild our infrastructure, our bridges, our roadways, our airports. You come into La Guardia Airport, it’s like we’re in a third world country. You look at the patches and the 40-year-old floor. They throw down asphalt, and they throw.
You look at these airports, we are like a third world country. And I come in from China and I come in from Qatar and I come in from different places, and they have the most incredible airports in the world. You come to back to this country and you have LAX, disaster. You have all of these disastrous airports. We have to rebuild our infrastructure.
Save Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security without cuts. Have to do it.
Get rid of the fraud. Get rid of the waste and abuse, but save it. People have been paying it for years. And now many of these candidates want to cut it. You save it by making the United States, by making us rich again, by taking back all of the money that’s being lost.”

Our politicians need to heed this Frenchman’s advice:
France is being battered by both a brain drain and capital flight and risks becoming one of the poorer nations in Western Europe.
Meanwhile, Delsol has a warning for Americans, saying the United States is following in the steps of France, with Obamacare and an exploding welfare state that will be unsustainable.
The French can teach the Americans a thing or two about the trap of the welfare state and how hard it is to escape.
PARIS -- France's day of reckoning has arrived: Its wealthy, best and brightest are saying goodbye to a nation they believe doesn't want them to succeed or become affluent.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2014/February/Frances-Reckoning-Rich-Young-Flee-Welfare-State/
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/20/2015 5:26:18 AM
Next time some kids shoots up a church and people ask why would someone do that, just think that he probably had parents that looked up to racist wind bags who said junk like this:

[Mexico] are sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and their rapists
 HondoGal
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/20/2015 6:34:43 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is a stupid analogy given that Trump’s children are good persons.

The real problem, that most do not want to see or admit to, is that we no longer hospitalize persons who clearly demonstrate mental disorders. Since the late 70’s liberals passed laws and closed mental hospitals in the hope that by allowing mentally disturbed individuals to remain in the general population they and the public would be better off. As though this would somehow cure them. The Colorado theater mass murderer was permitted to plead, “ not guilty by reason of insanity”. Obviously, he did not become insane after murdering. He was under psychiatric care and the doctor knew he wanted to kill. Same with the murderer who crashed a plane into a mountain murdering 150 persons.

As for Mr. Trump’s comments about Mexicans criminal behavior…when I read the local newspaper I see that if it were not for the Mexicans and Central Americans our crime rate would be cut by about 70%.
These are facts, not opinions.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-indict-mexican-mafia-20150618-story.html

http://www.occidentaldissent.com/2011/05/25/california-the-color-of-crime/

Cross-border gangs, Mexican drug cartels gaining hold on California, report says
county’s 58 jails into “shops for the Mexican Mafia,” said Imperial County District Attorney Gilbert G. Otero at a news conference Thursday in Los Angeles.
http://www.presstelegram.com/general-news/20140320/cross-border-gangs-mexican-drug-cartels-gaining-hold-on-california-report-says

HFX_RGB2
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/20/2015 7:03:48 AM

That is a stupid analogy given that Trump’s children are good persons.

Nope, it is both fair and accurate, as hate filled statements like the one made by Trump and yourself do nothing but fuel hate.

Since the late 70’s liberals passed laws and closed mental hospitals in the hope that by allowing mentally disturbed individuals to remain in the general population they and the public would be better off.

Do you make this crap up on your own, or did your friends at Storm Front help you?
 00Spy
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/20/2015 7:31:12 AM
Blaming Trumps comments for the murders in SC are the equivalent of blaming Obama and other Dems for the recent murders of police officers on duty.

By that reasoning all boarder guards should be removed.
There is a reason why you put locks on your house so why wouldn't you put locks on the country?
The debate needs to go farther though.
Legal immigration needs to be increased.
 8inscrew
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/20/2015 9:30:46 AM
Hfx is just trolling.
Look at his history......

Amazing that the site lets his defamation continue.
Publicly calling someone a racist is defamation in America and many other English commonwealth countries.
Of which Canada is the largest....

Frankie Boyle recently won a lawsuit against the UK daily mirror, for calling him that.
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to harm others with what you say.

But he actually sees his behavior as "fair and accurate".

Saying the US has an illegal alien problem is obvious. Not racist.
It does not automatically mean you hate Mexicans.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/20/2015 9:39:29 AM
Donald Trump made.clearly racist comments. I'm pretty sure the line "truth is an absolute defence against accusations of libel" came from one of your most storied jurists. Calling a guy who says racist things a racist isnt defamation; its just stating the obvious.
 8inscrew
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/20/2015 9:51:04 AM
What is racist about the Trump quote?

Ummmm wouldn't the truth be absolute defense for ANY accusation?
 trinity818
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/20/2015 10:02:25 AM

rac·ism

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

The key word being "all".
 deetristate
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/20/2015 11:11:16 AM
I was just going to ask the people throwing that term around to define it. Thanks.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/20/2015 11:40:46 AM

Blaming Trumps comments for the murders in SC are the equivalent of blaming Obama and other Dems for the recent murders of police officers on duty.

Not understanding the connection between Trumps hate and derp filled comments either means you are simple or you are attempting to defend racist comments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing that the site lets his defamation continue.
Publicly calling someone a racist is defamation in America and many other English commonwealth countries.

FYI, publically calling someone who makes racist comments a racist is simply stating the truth.

Though I can see where you get confused, as it seems you think there is a country called America, and seem to lack the understanding or maybe education that it is called the United States of America.

But he actually sees his behavior as "fair and accurate".

Is it fair and accurate to refer to people from a country as rapists, killers and drug dealers?

Saying the US has an illegal alien problem is obvious. Not racist.
It does not automatically mean you hate Mexicans.

That is 100% true and if Trump had only said that then you would have a point, but because that is not the only thing he said one has to assume you are either rather simple-minded or you are doing your best to defend racist comments.
 00Spy
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:14:54 PM
“Dissent from liberal orthodoxy is cast as racism, misogyny, bigotry, phobia, and, as we’ve seen, even violence. If you criticize the lack of due process for male college students accused of rape, you are a “rape apologist.” End of conversation. After all, who wants to listen to a rape lover? People who are anti–abortion rights don’t care about the unborn; they are misogynists who want to control women. Those who oppose same-sex marriage don’t have rational, traditional views about marriage that deserve respect or debate; they are bigots and homophobes. When conservatives opposed the Affordable Care Act’s “contraception mandate” it wasn’t due to a differing philosophy about the role of government. No, they were waging a “War on Women.”
― Kirsten Powers, The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech
Kirsten Powers is an American political pundit who leans to the left.
She nailed you pal.

Now look at the last few posters and the tactics they use in these forums.
The same old tired accusations. Unwilling to intellectually debate. They forward no new items for discussion they simply shout down those who oppose their thinking.
They paraphrase actual speech in order to fit there narrow ideology and to shame their targets.
Sad isn't it.
The truth is Trump said nothing racist and these few are so hate filled for anyone who opposes their narrow views they make it up. Trump is certainly over the top but he is factually correct that criminals (thugs) have crossed the border illegally along with the law abiding Mexicans who have crossed the boarder.
Nothing racist with that.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:24:49 PM
Yeah, cause the guy who characterized Mexicans as rapists, murderers and drug dealers was engaging in intellectual discourse. Those who think this is racist are the ones that are "hate filled".
 8inscrew
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:26:31 PM
I'm not confused about my country son.
Then again.... maybe 'murican aint yer first language.

Your perspective seems so focused on this very, very narrow view.
(That ironically is touted as all encompassing and accepting)
I try to take into consideration the cultural differences between folks, education, cognitive disparities ect
but don't always succeed.

Let me point out something.
Trump's quote does not say all Mexicans or S. Americans are drug dealers, criminals and rapists....
Just those illegal aliens.

Fyi the name gives it away. ILLEGAL aliens.
They commit a crime by circumventing our nation's laws and procedures.
Like.... if you went to a store and really wanted a piece of candy and just said eff this store and put it in your pocket.
That does not make you a hungry, impoverished victim of abuse at the hands of the capitalistic store owner.
That makes you an effin thief.

One step farther....
How many illegal aliens, who have been convicted of rape... sit in our jails and prisons for smuggling drugs for the cartels?
I am paying taxes to care for these poor victims of the capitalist candy shop owner.
Do you pay taxes to care for these people too? Guess not or you would not like it either.

The wall addresses this.
Have you even seen our southern border?

Trump's quote addresses this.
His words (this case) are not racist.
For you to call him a racist (for this quote) is libelous.
That is wrong.
Call me simple or stupid, defending racism, what evs all you want.... but a shovel is a shovel.

I don't follow him or even the entire political wheelbarrow....
so maybe he has said other things that provide you with a reason to have that opinion.
 00Spy
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/20/2015 1:50:21 PM

Yeah, cause the guy who characterized Mexicans as rapists, murderers and drug dealers was engaging in intellectual discourse. Those who think this is racist are the ones that are "hate filled".

Surely you can read...

Below is the transcript and the specific quotes regarding Mexico.
At no time does he characterize Mexicans as you say he does.
But he does state the obvious in that with the illegals crossing the boarder there are criminals.
Is that really hard to understand?

When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.
It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably — probably — from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.(APPLAUSE)
And, in my opinion, the new China, believe it or not, in terms of trade, is Mexico.
So this man tells me about the manufacturing. I say, “That’s a terrible story. I hate to hear it.”
But I have another one, Ford.
So Mexico takes a company, a car company that was going to build in Tennessee, rips it out. Everybody thought the deal was dead. Reported it in the Wall Street Journal recently. Everybody thought it was a done deal. It’s going in and that’s going to be it, going into Tennessee. Great state, great people.TRUMP: All of a sudden, at the last moment, this big car manufacturer, foreign, announces they’re not going to Tennessee. They’re gonna spend their $1 billion in Mexico instead. Not good.

Now, Ford announces a few weeks ago that Ford is going to build a $2.5 billion car and truck and parts manufacturing plant in Mexico. $2.5 billion, it’s going to be one of the largest in the world. Ford. Good company.

… one of the early things I would do, probably before I even got in — and I wouldn’t even use — you know, I have — I know the smartest negotiators in the world. I know the good ones. I know the bad ones. I know the overrated ones.
You get a lot of them that are overrated. They’re not good. They think they are. They get good stories, because the newspapers get buffaloed (ph). But they’re not good.
But I know the negotiators in the world, and I put them one for each country. Believe me, folks. We will do very, very well, very, very well.
But I wouldn’t even waste my time with this one. I would call up the head of Ford, who I know. If I was president, I’d say, “Congratulations. I understand that you’re building a nice $2.5 billion car factory in Mexico and that you’re going to take your cars and sell them to the United States zero tax, just flow them across the border.”
And you say to yourself, “How does that help us,” right? “How does that help us? Where is that good”? It’s not.
So I would say, “Congratulations. That’s the good news. Let me give you the bad news. Every car and every truck and every part manufactured in this plant that comes across the border, we’re going to charge you a 35-percent tax, and that tax is going to be paid simultaneously with the transaction, and that’s it.
 aj7125
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/20/2015 4:35:55 PM
“Dissent from liberal orthodoxy is cast as racism, misogyny, bigotry, phobia, and, as we’ve seen, even violence. If you criticize the lack of due process for male college students accused of rape, you are a “rape apologist.” End of conversation. After all, who wants to listen to a rape lover? People who are anti–abortion rights don’t care about the unborn; they are misogynists who want to control women. Those who oppose same-sex marriage don’t have rational, traditional views about marriage that deserve respect or debate; they are bigots and homophobes. When conservatives opposed the Affordable Care Act’s “contraception mandate” it wasn’t due to a differing philosophy about the role of government. No, they were waging a “War on Women.”
― Kirsten Powers, The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech
Kirsten Powers is an American political pundit who leans to the left.
She nailed you pal."

^^^^^^^^^^^ That statement actually nails every liberal poster in here that has stated the exact same comments. And that statement comes from a woman who like the poster said, leans left.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/20/2015 5:56:31 PM

I am paying taxes to care for these poor victims of the capitalist candy shop owner.
Do you pay taxes to care for these people too? Guess not or you would not like it either.

You are also paying taxes for the DR's that commit medicare fraud, but what ever you do, do not actually looks at the $'s because you would clearly see the DR's are the real criminals.

The True Face of Medicare Fraud
A $712 million bust, the biggest in U.S. history, shows that the people most likely to bilk the system are doctors and medical providers, not “welfare queens."

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/06/this-is-what-government-fraud-looks-like/396317/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who oppose same-sex marriage don’t have rational, traditional views about marriage that deserve respect or debate; they are bigots and homophobes.

You left out, they are also generally azzholes who think they have dominion over what others can do.

Because you can have your derp based views on anything you want, it gets azzholy when you try to impose those views on others.

No one, can give a single valid reason how gay marriage will hurt anybody or anything, other than someones feelings and if telling others what to do just because your feelings are hurt, you should be labeled accordingly.

Each one of those points can be easily ripped apart, as they are nothing but ramblings of a idoit
 8inscrew
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/20/2015 6:53:19 PM
Wow. You and your logic got destroyed. Hfx

A red herring is the best you could do?

Oops... someone just caught me trolling and saying false things......
even trying to damage a man's reputation......

look guys! Something shiny!!!

( Troll- one who posts deliberately provocative messages to a message board
With the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument)

That would be you by definition.
Stand up. Be proud.

You see.... in a grown folk talk.... a grown up, would have kept his comment on topic.
Like- what is Trump's stand on medicaid fraud?

See how easy it is?

Still in question is whether hondo just cut n pasted this deliberate misquote....
Or if she omitted the part where he says " And some, I assume, are good people", herself.
What say you hondo?
 00Spy
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/20/2015 7:43:41 PM

Isn't that odd that he doesn't mention countries where white people come from? No mention of keeping Canadians or Europeans out of the country. That's likely because he knows the voters he's targeting are only concerned about brown immigrants. Not the white ones like the Boston Marathon Bombers.

Do you have some crime stats that back up your claim of a Canadian US crime wave?
I am sure there are more American criminals fleeing to Canada than in reverse.
Ever hear of Lawrencia Ann "Bambi" Bembenek or Randy Quaid?
Lets not even get into the Vietnam War Draft Dodgers.

Can't wait to see a news investigation into the amount of illegals Trump has cleaning the rooms at his hotels.

Why make a stupid comment that you can't back up. Again find the data on Trump hiring illegals then post otherwise you are acting like a bigot!

You're gonna get there.
 cotter
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2015 8:02:27 PM
I wonder if Trump cares that there are thousands of college students here in the US from Europe and all over the world ... who had "study" visas that expired a long time ago. Of course, many of them may not be "brown" like the Mexicans, so Trump wouldn't be able to use their skin tone against them ... eh?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Donald Trump running for Presidency 2016