Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Attention from the wrong women.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 26
Attention from the wrong women.Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My review for a $1.00
The photos - in the group one the angle or whatever makes you look shorter than your stated height, I'd ditch that and get a full body shot up
Header - It has been used often, if you want to be seen as unique well....
Muse - k, but personally I see that as it relates to either fashion/art or music. You goin design for her, paint her picture, compose a song? Lagerfeld has a muse.. he can pull that off :/
Since you reference things be more specific. like if Daniel Libeskind amazes you, mention it. Replace that whole bit about moving, school.
No need for age restrictions at all.. she could be a month shy besides POF has a 14 year spread.
You did ask for a review, people are giving freely of their time. Even the ones who loved the 90s. It is when Ouija Boards came out.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 27
Attention from the wrong women.
Posted: 6/21/2015 7:12:40 PM
Welp, fixed the problem. Set my income from $80k-$100k to - .

Haven't had a single visitor since. Good to know how these religious ladies with family values are filtering for like minded men.

This whole process is depressing.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/21/2015 9:58:23 PM
Personally I liked your About Me the way you had it before. I thought you did a great job of putting yourself out there, showing you're an edgy guy, it brought out your personality and your sense of humor and you were honest about what you're looking for in a relationship and laid it out. Now, it's like you've toned yourself down, come down a notch or two. You don't need to take the suggestions you receive here, that's all they are, suggestions, take them or leave them. Your profile has to be written to draw in that one woman in the whole world who when she reads it knows you're the man she's meant to be with.

It's OK to date others who aren't what you consider long term, serious relationship types. It's just dating, going out and having fun, so you can relax your expectations for dating. Don't look at every date as wife material. But when it comes to long term, the type of woman you want to be with, the woman who makes your heart sing whenever you're with her, that's the one who you don't want to settle for anything less.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2015 10:00:18 PM
Women who are genuine, like your looks and the stats appeal, will read your profile, but not otherwise, no.
 Nosunlightsinging
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/25/2015 6:07:54 AM
Right on LH - Is there a market out there for a profile writer?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/25/2015 7:07:58 AM
It's still boring and uninviting.

You need a full body photo.
 tennistown
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/25/2015 8:30:06 AM

Getting very little attention on POF

The big beard is fashionable now. As with all fashion,
at some point a rotation occurs.

I predict five more months and two days before the beards gotta go,
and the Tom Selleck mustaches make a comeback. Mark your calendar.

Almost forgot..... You have a spelling error. It should be corrected.

wound up in Portland, Oregon keeping the dream of the '90s alive* far a few years

wound up in Portland, Oregon keeping the dream of the '90s alive* for a few years

Good luck!
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/25/2015 9:38:42 AM
Yeah, I'm going to go back to something more edgy/witty. I'm not exactly Ward Cleaver. Probably shouldn't have his profile. No one's visiting it anyway. Could write about murder and alien abduction, I suppose.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/25/2015 10:14:40 AM
be mindful of typing too quickly Ryan
INTERESTS " Modern archetecture"
those darn aliens
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/30/2015 3:19:42 AM
Well, I've reached the point where no one replies or even looks at my profile.

Oh, well... save up for retirement I guess... ¯\(°_o)/¯
 Peas_
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/4/2015 4:08:49 PM
um...I read profiles....and I get the story too. Hummm, doesn't mean that you can't find a woman whom you inspire and can introduce to your type of music either. Men have inspired me to become exposed to their differing tastes in music, therefore feelings and emotions are opened and revealed.

BTW, I surf profiles in stealth. So maybe more women are viewing than you know. I did.
Sadistik
Searching For Some Beautiful

My head aches, and feels the blunt vice grips
Hanging over my tequila sunrises
Confide and write this to de-scribe a love life
That's feeling love lifeless
I'm the type that'll cherish frozen winters
Stare at snowy blizzards and take it to heart
Then break it apart, I carry hopes and blisters
Cutting heart strings with a pair of broken scissors
I'm still trapped in a middle school slow dance
Stepping on toes in a mistletoe romance
Misanthrope, discomposed who holds hands
With grief...Kissing hope with no chance, but me
I'm just searching for some beautiful
A dream that I can catch And a person who's unusual
When I find her, I'll try to face the tide
Fight the hurricane, and tidal wave, goodbye

And I watch all the spectrums of angels
Choking to death on the septums and halos
Bread crumbs and fables, why change?
I hang at the ends of the pay phone
With no change or number to reach
What blankets the sky I slumber beneath
Under the speech, this song's about hope, joy, love and defeat
All it takes is a peaceful autumn day
For you to be happy and me to call it fate
Even after a ****ed up childhood, I'm still trying
To believe in God and grace

I try to get a piece of peace and sit and listen infinitely
Holding onto benefits, and isn't it so innocent? We
Try to find another time and underline the cynical
Its pitiful we run and hide and under-mind the innermost
When intervals of miserable will find a figure four
And force the physical and inner soul to find a bitter form
And form another time and place where you can go and be so suitable
When all I wanna do is go and search for something beautiful, in me

I died once, and I knew that it was suitable
I died twice, and I sang it like a musical
I died again when I thought that the noose would hold
Everything I love on the search for some beautiful

I died once, and I knew that it was suitable
I died twice, and I sang it like a musical
I died again when I thought that the noose would hold
Everything I love on the search for some beautiful
 NJgirl116
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/4/2015 9:33:10 PM
OP I'm religious but don't find you to be my type, if it makes you feel any better. It's cool that you're a musician, keep doing your thing.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/4/2015 10:06:00 PM
I'm big on grunge.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/5/2015 10:48:55 AM
Dunno why you all keep giving advice about what I write in my profile. I said no one's visiting it. ¯\(°_o)/¯
 Forums_only
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/5/2015 6:35:21 PM
See message number 4.
See message number 8.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/5/2015 9:29:30 PM
1. Messaging people is a waste of time if no one's going to reply. The ROI is extremely low (nil the majority of the time) and it's discouraging. I do have a life, believe it or not. I'm not going to copy pasta to hundreds of women either without reading their profiles to know we're at least somewhat compatible, so don't bother suggesting it.

2. Someone on here suggested I open it up because: "It would be ideal to eliminate all inbound mail filters. A person may also wish to contact you to suggest another person, yet can't due to filters." I've had it set both ways now, narrow and wide and it makes no difference. Whatever I do, it seems it's wrong.
 boom1414
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/7/2015 10:19:13 AM
I think we can all see why you have had no luck now. And as stated many times, if you're just going to turn around and become aggressive towards the feedback you're given, and play the I'm right you're wrong attitude, then why even come here in the first place?
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/7/2015 11:32:13 AM

1. Messaging people is a waste of time if no one's going to reply

LOL!!

so be selective then. you strike me as a fairly selective guy anyway. if I were you, I wouldn't spend more than 15 minutes a week checking this site to see what new profiles have popped up in your area. you might go for weeks at a time without seeing any interesting profiles. so what. it doesn't cost you anything to have a profile here, and it certainly doesn't take a lot of time or effort to selectively message a few interesting people when they pop up.

you will of course need to have other irons in the fire. there must be something going on in phoenix. just create as many opportunities for yourself as you can to meet the right kind of people, and let the chips fall where they may.

I'm going to go back to something more edgy/witty

there you go. might as well be your own authentic edgy self instead of trying to appeal to a broader audience who isn't looking @ your profile anyway. rite? fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/7/2015 1:52:59 PM
Boom: I'm not being aggressive or intentionally contrarian, though I can see how some might perceive it that way. I'm just speaking from personal experience.

I spent years actually putting decent effort into contacting women on online dating, literally hundreds, actually probably well over a thousand... and have averaged less than one date a year. I just consider that an atrocious ROI.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/7/2015 2:02:04 PM
Motown:

1. I generally am. I do still contact women on the fairly rare occasion I come across a decent profile that seems compatible. Moreso on OKC, as they have the match percentage which helps. The suggested matches here on POF make no sense to me, I've no idea what they're based on, but it just seems random.

2. Actually, there's not much going on in Phoenix. The town is kinda balls. I'm here for my career.

3. Agreed. People really need to lighten up. Take a joke. Swear a little. Be nice. Smile. Say hi. Flirt.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2015 5:54:03 PM
You need to post a full length shot just of you. Get rid of any pics with other people and where you are not smiling. You will look more friendly and approachable.

Your profile is full of negativity and you need to be more upbeat. No one is turned on by a sad and lonely man unless they are looking to rescue and that is not healthy. IMO.

It is up to you to keep your profile up or not. There are no guarantees and success rates are very very low. All this you know and you have not made changes to your profile that have been recommended. It is clearly not working for you and you are finding the whole process depressing so find some other alternatives or accept your situation, I guess.

SunshineGirl__
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/7/2015 6:04:40 PM

The ROI is extremely low

Yeah…but your “investment” is soooo high, right?

what, a 20 second message?

Good thing you aren’t getting real dates because then you’d have to “invest” even more, like a buck and a half for a cup of coffee (yours, of course, not hers).
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/7/2015 10:20:00 PM
^
I'm sorry. Is there much more than than that that is more feasible? Are there women on here who are gonna diversity my dividends or something?

Cuz, I'm not 100% on board with app devs at the moment. I think the bubble's at the limit. Women got so much more in the investerments I knows Sunshinetroll!
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/8/2015 5:19:39 AM
on various dating sites, I have occasionally looked at what the computer thought were my matches... I almost never agreed with it. OKC does seem to have a better (or at least more interesting) matching algorithm. one must not discount the value of being able to see how people answer questions like "are your parents ugly?" (yes)

OTOH, I never met anyone from that site, never even talked to anyone on it, meh.

I personally think phoenix is the worst part of Arizona. but then again, you are in Arizona. drive a couple of hours in any direction and go crazy, it's what I always did.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/8/2015 5:22:27 PM
See, I get way more attention on OKC than on here, not that it's all appropriate (why can't women just use the filters and/or match percentages?), it's literally at least tenfold than on POF.

The match questions can work really well, you simply answer the ones that really matter and skip the ones don't. It can't match you on questions you don't answer.

Yeah, there's fun little quaint, artsy towns all over AZ. Problem is, I'm in a phase of my life establishing my career and they've got nothing to offer professionals. Am I supposed to meet a girl in Jerome and drag her back to Phoenix? Maybe that's an option...
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Attention from the wrong women.