Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dealbreakers and +'s in a profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Dealbreakers and +'s in a profilePage 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Since I ride, I tend to steer clear of those who mention the word "harley". You won't like what I ride, the way I ride, and chances are I'd have to force you to wear a helmet-at gunpoint.

I am going to steal this line from you, lol

Be my guest. I did a lil'short ride today. 225 miles. Matches the 340 miler I did two weeks ago.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Dealbreakers and +'s in a profile
Posted: 6/21/2015 5:48:53 PM
Clooneys,

Financially stable for me means the guy is not drowning in debt, has some steady income, has a home of his own and a car. Dont care if he is renting as long as he is not living with mother. A guy who is not looking for any kind of financial assistance from me.

So you may be too hasty in passing on that when you see it Does not necessarily mean a woman is looking for a meal ticket. Although we know that an older man wanting the hotter younger woman will pay out willingly.....
 clooneystutor
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/21/2015 6:20:24 PM
Thank you for not knocking us renters :)
 sealady111
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/21/2015 7:52:52 PM

"As for the sex part. I want to find a man who wants sex. But I've met too many who want sex NOW, as in RIGHT NOW, TONIGHT. I want it once I get to know a man, and like him a lot. Not today. No fondling in the parking lot, no home visits on the first meet."

One of the main reasons why I left online dating.

^^^ That is the biggest deterrent for me.

Yesterday a man who looked familiar sent me a hello.
After 2 messages he asked for sex.

Interestingly he blocked me before I blocked him.

For me dealbreakers in a man's profile.
Illiterate, young children, not available, too far away, too old, too young and the other biggie NEGATIVITY.

I want to find a man within my demographic who is a little like me.
Available, cheerful and I would like to think good company who is seeking a long term intimate relationship.

So for me +'s
Smiling recent photos. Showing teeth and a full body shot a plus.
Positive and cheerful tone with a modicum of literacy.
Talks about current interests.
Living in the present and looking forward to the future.

It does not hurt to dream.

Ahhhhhhh
 MissScawlett
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/22/2015 9:07:19 AM
My biggest dealbreakers are smoking and heavy/daily drinking.

Or guys my age with toddlers. Total dealbreaker.

I try to not nit-pick about relationship length. They may be like me and have a broken picker.
 grover14
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2015 10:32:34 AM
HA! Talk about deal breakers, look at my photo. Not sure what the percentages are, but a shaved head is a hindrance to attracting women. The hard thing is, I have a full head of silver hair, but a dermatitis condition goes completely away when shaved.

I guess we all have deal breakers, but that perfect mate just doesn't exist. I try to look at the big picture, and try to compromise. Once that initial attraction is established, it's what's inside that counts. Ok, I know , enough sappy stuff.
 grover14
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2015 12:30:59 PM
Yes, petal, I work hard to maintain the tan, I love how my bald head looks when tan. I am retired, so I start getting some sun in early spring.

I do have a secret skin conditioner for my head. I make it myself, and use it all over. At 61, almost no wrinkles! I also make a couple exfoliating shrubs for face and head. I'm sure people are going to think "this guy has too much time on his hands".
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2015 5:05:42 AM
Clooneys'

I rent myself, as I choose to for various reasons, but am quite financially stable, dont drink or smoke so feel that I can expect the same in any potential partner. There are many reasons why people dont choose to have a mortgage or have lost the house to the ex etc...... not a dealbreaker.

My dealbreakers are poor language skills, dependent children in late middle age, newly separated,
those with no transport or only a bike, anyone below 5'7" and thin. THey can smoke outside, but I wont tolerate heavy drinkers or gamblers.

''
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/23/2015 6:06:25 PM
My deal breaker: People who say they are looking for a "good" or "quality" woman. I would not be on the same page as someone who makes value judgements, whether or not they find me to be "of quality".

Also, while this doesn't usually reveal itself in profiles, I will never again be in a relationship with someone who has no sense of altruism. Someone who, when they see someone in trouble (being physically attacked etc) they won't even call for help because they "don't want to get involved".
 sealady111
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/23/2015 11:32:01 PM
I agree Grover.

Your head looks delicious.

Yes I said delicious.

I realise it is not politically correct to think a tan looks good.
But it does.

Pure lily white skin with blue veins showing through is ugggghhh.

I envy people with skin already a colour other than transparent white.
That only looks good on vampires or Irish people with red hair.
 grover14
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2015 9:14:48 AM
Thank you ladies, you know how to make a guy feel good.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2015 10:40:30 PM
I think I said something similar before....Grover, your photo is one of the most handsome men I've seen on this site. The bald head and white beard....just amazing. And out of 1,000 men with facial hair, I think only about 1 or 2 of them look good.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/28/2015 2:07:21 AM
When the lady has a picture of herself down on all four... frolicking with her dog. It shows she is a quality person.
 grover14
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2015 4:17:11 AM
Thank you Blacklady, you are too kind!
 2ufo
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/28/2015 5:33:42 AM
I agree; there is obviously a lot of care and meticulous detail in your attractiveness. The smile merely sets everything off to perfection.
And, facial hair was very close to a 'deal-breaker' for me. Grover has shown me how attractive it can be, so I've had second thoughts about my 'deal-breakers'. All of them. I've decided the physical 'deal-breakers' may not be nearly as strict as I'd thought.

I think it's a good idea to go through my red flags and deal breakers occasionally, simply to understand why they are caution signs for me. After all, I change and mature as much as anyone else.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/28/2015 6:27:55 AM
I agree with Whattsamatterbaby<
My deal breaker: People who say they are looking for a "good" or "quality" woman. I would not be on the same page as someone who makes value judgements, whether or not they find me to be "of quality".

Add to that, those who think they look younger than their stated age. As in the simpering statement, "Most people can't believe I'm over 51, and me with no make-up, too." So funny<

And those that 'want to help you out a bit with reality' so they have the BMI chart in their profile. Really!?!

Unbelievable~
 Mummymania
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/28/2015 7:52:03 AM
"As in the simpering statement, "Most people can't believe I'm over 51, and me with no make-up, too." So funny<"

People in fact do age at different rates at the cellular level. In fact, some studies have shown the physically active can be as much as 12 years younger at the cellular level than the sedentary of the same chronological age. 12 years is a huge difference in health issues when you start getting into your fifties. So if you have it...flaunt it.

There truly can be a large difference, physically, between people at older ages.
 grover14
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2015 10:26:45 AM
Agreed mummy, also smoking and drinking can age you alot.

I only date non-smokers , and some gals have "no" marked under smoker in their profile. Then you meet them, all wrinkled beyond their age and that low smokers voice. You just want to ask, when did you quit, last week?
 newoldgirl
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/28/2015 12:13:40 PM
Living a healthy lifestyle does not automatically make a person look younger than her/his age. Few people, no matter how diligent with the sunscreen and the moisturizer can escape wrinkles and the effects of gravity on the face forever. Nobody wants to hear it, but most people do look their ages. The debauched and the addicted tend to look older.

I only date non-smokers , and some gals have "no" marked under smoker in their profile. Then you meet them, all wrinkled beyond their age and that low smokers voice. You just want to ask, when did you quit, last week?

Yep! I decided to date a man who claimed to be an occasional smoker, because I liked everything about his profile and figured it couldn't hurt to make an exception. Turned out, he smoked two-plus packs a day, and had done since the age of fifteen. He was afflicted with ED, which his doc TOLD him was directly caused by the smokes, but he still wouldn't even try to quit. He was very wrinkled, and looked older than his age, not that I cared. Interestingly, he completely believed he looked much younger than his age.
 Mummymania
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/28/2015 12:59:09 PM
Smoking of course ages people terribly. The sun ages the skin terribly. Inactivity_sedentary living is also a significant ager. Alot of aging is self inflicted. You can't stop time but you can minimize it's effects to some degree.
 Maleman999
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/28/2015 2:48:22 PM
What I find puzzling, and actually, ironic, is people who live in underdeveloped countries, where people are working hard on farms all day every day, don't smoke or drink, eat only home grown foods, and don't have vices that are killing western society, age very quickly. A lot quicker than the lazy, smoking, junk food eating people in western society. A 30 or 40 year old in those underdeveloped countries looks like a senior citizen, and their skin looks rougher than lizard skin.
 sealady111
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/28/2015 5:34:20 PM
^^^^^^^^ Really???

I am not sure which countries you mean.

Try Filipino, Chinese or just about any Asian lady.

I 'hate' how all it seems you never age and have stunning hair and skin.

Perhaps genetics has something to do with it.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2015 6:28:00 PM
It is the exposure to sun that is so ageing. Genetics play a part but sunblock and moisturiser go a long way to minimising skin damage through solar rays. If they are thin and rather undernourished that can have an ageing effect also. I know those who dont smoke or drink, eat healthy who are wrinkled and aged looking in middle age. Especially redheads....
 clooneystutor
Msg: 49
Ernest Borgnine's Secret to Longevity
Posted: 6/28/2015 6:33:06 PM
For the guys at least.

He lived til 95 with 1 simple trick :)
 throttle_junkie
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/28/2015 6:46:22 PM
His name is not English, and you must be pretty messed up to read a profile and pick out such a silly thing. Get a life.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dealbreakers and +'s in a profile