Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dealbreakers and +'s in a profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 101
Dealbreakers and +'s in a profilePage 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Hey Behind-Blue-Eyes...if you use a smartphone and have facebook on it and get notifications--someone can take your number and put it in the search field on facebook and find your page...so make sure your profile has nothing showing ...you can find family members etc that way. I had a guy tell me once something about one of my daughters I had never told him and when I asked him how he knew that he said he had seen my page.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 102
Dealbreakers and +'s in a profile
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:42:07 AM
Lovely - you decided to have a challenge ( unspoken) re first meet. If she would have had water with lemon would you have proposed? To me you were just wasting her time.
 ElectricFish67
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/18/2015 6:57:52 AM
OP:

The "Relationship Length" rule is sound. I agree; if the longest relationship you've had is 3 years, there's probably a pretty good reason why.

The "Age Span" rule is also sound. At some point, after you have sex you're going to have to talk. And if you want to talk about things important to your age group and your partner can't relate, then that's not going to last. I know once you're 50 you're supposed to hope for a 25-year-old, but I don't get that. No thanks.

ouija2025 wrote:

PS you are so fussy re spelling
it is MUSSORGSKY... you have it wrong on your profile :/
Yea, you are welcome

You crack me up. :o)
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/18/2015 11:38:53 AM
The age rule is for those who like to define themselves by other people's standards...rather lame
 browneyesboo
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/18/2015 11:48:33 AM
I understand both sides of the age rule.
I get wanting someone younger.
I also get those that think you should date your age.

I'd like someone my age, but not someone who looks
and acts my age...I consider mid to late 60's my age,
but honestly, most of the guys that contact me in that
age range look like my grampie.

I've had to redo my profile several times this past year,
and I can say I honestly get the people that fib about
their age to get into someone else's search parameters.
I get it...but I don't like it...and I didn't do it.

sigh.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:06:47 PM
Well, I see a lot of female profiles along the lines of +2 years to -20 years in their filters, and these ladies are over 60! I also know a few female profiles where the ages declared are -5 to -10 years below the actual age. I have not had occasion to study up much on male profiles, but my general conclusion is that age values, like "body type" values and pictures are highly unreliable indicators of the true situations of the people who set up the profiles.

All this makes me fairly confident that the social engineering efforts of the site developer are based on a lot of completely false data, and so probably have no particular usefulness.

Personally, I don't think age, per se, is a critical factor in relationship success, however, I do believe that physical appeal can be a determining factor. As there are a large number of attractive (at least to me) women even over 70 out there, I can't really see where age comes into it at all, except for the fact that it is very unlikely that 30+ year relationships will develop between the over 50 set, for all of the obvious reasons.

You can still enter into relationships for a good time in your dotage, if not so easily for a long time....

Whatever happens, it is not going to be like when you were 20 something, driven by the desire to reproduce. At least for most of us...
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:32:59 PM
I wish I could bring myself to date twenty-somethings, but I just can't. If they make me *feel* old, then I just can't get into it. Their stupidity is what makes me feel old more than anything.

It kind of sucks because I feel like I should do it while I still have the chance. I had a 28 year old bartender here in town express an interest in me a few months back, but when she mentioned tripping on acid, I lost all interest.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:36:46 PM

when she mentioned tripping on acid, I lost all interest.

People still do that ?

Inagaddadavida anyone ?
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:39:38 PM

People still do that ?

Inagaddadavida anyone ?

Yes. I was kind of surprised, myself. There are dumbshits here who still do Ecstasy, as well.
 Peas_
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:44:06 PM

https://youtu.be/UIVe-rZBcm4

I won't date younger either, because of the immaturity. Sorry, my brain is on my shoulders for me, I'm done thinking and making decisions for little boys.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:46:37 PM

There are dumbshits here who still do Ecstasy, as well.

Never tried it , a woman I used to work with told me she did it and was super depressed for 3 days afterward.....Doesn't seem worth it to me
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/18/2015 6:09:36 PM
SSRIs are in the same family of drugs as MDMA (ecstasy), LSD, and MA. Since so many women in North America are addicted to SSRI you probably will get a doper anyway. It screws with their sexuality big time and their ability to feel close to someone. But every SSRI addict I have met are adamant dopers and dogmatic feminists. They will be on that junk (both) for the rest of their lives, although they may change the brand of dope as their therapist may like to go with the prevailing pharm fashion. I think Paxil is old hat now from what I hear.

Actually a person who did a one or two time LSD trip versus SSRI addiction - my preference would be ... as Hendrix asked "are you experienced?" As opposed to an addict.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/18/2015 8:48:37 PM
Omg...I used to love inagaddadavida (jaysus is that how
you spell it?) But I can't say I understood what they
were singing about. .Haha!
 Seki1949
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2015 8:59:22 PM
I did acid about 12-15 times. Don't regret it as I choose the right circumstances; I might recommend it to the right person in the right circumstance. I think it should be legal under controlled circumstances. I certainly did much more harm to myself with alcohol

LSD showed me that the world as interpreted and ordered by our senses in not the only valid understanding of the world. There are alternate ways to integrate and combine the input of our senses . Our brain is oriented toward trying to understand sensory input (particularly altered) with story-creation, rhythm, music, poetry, song, and art. Some art (some famous) I can look at and I know that the artist had the same experience as I did by some mode or medium. You just know where that vision come from.

My last experience was Nov., 1994 during the network premier of the 'Silence of the Lambs' which I had never seen before. [Long story] I certainly didn't need to experience that movie for the first time through sensory distortion.

Everything ends; the Universe crashes inwards upon it's self as a Cold Ball with a tremendous pulse of sound . . . but a remnant survives at the core.
 Seki1949
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2015 9:01:29 PM

Inagaddadavida

'In the Garden of Eden' was one theory. Who knows.

'Dark Star' was my musical companion.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/18/2015 11:34:09 PM
I wish I could bring myself to date twenty-somethings, but I just can't. If they make me *feel* old, then I just can't get into it. Their stupidity is what makes me feel old more than anything.
----------------
Well, intelligence is not something people get more of as they get older. If anything, people become intellectually lazy as they get older. A dumb 28 year old is not going to be any smarter when she's 48 so whatever smarter olde women you meet were no less smart than they were 20 years ago. The smart women are women who are actually interested in something and can tell you something you don't know. Anyone with an interest in anything ought to be able to do that by age 20. You just have to find them.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:16:43 AM
Yanno , it makes perfect sense that so many postees here have tripped out numerous times. Some folks flashback with every posting.

A big positive. ++++++ !!!! a scantily clad , Slim , White , Woman, when appropriately attired. My gf tells me she can get up to 500 daily messages. seriously.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:26:31 AM
Yanno, I'm calling bullshit on your post. ^^^^^
I've seen you in off topic.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:34:34 AM

Some folks flashback with every posting.

Now that's funny! If that's the case the dwellers in off topic must have LSD hooked up to an IV.
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:39:03 AM

A big positive. ++++++ !!!! a scantily clad , Slim , White , Woman, when appropriately attired. My gf tells me she can get up to 500 daily messages. seriously.

Makes perfect sense that she is still on here getting those hundreds of messages... If she is real.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:53:26 AM
It's all marketing folks.

Yanno , I call bs on bs'ers. If you want messages ; give the viewer what they want. Simple.

Ahem , Moderate , Yes , she is real. You have even messaged her. That picture you sent appeared to be more of a shrimp like feature not an appendage.

CrookCatcher
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/19/2015 9:05:10 AM

Yanno , I call bs on bs'ers. If you want messages ; give the viewer what they want. Simple.

Ahem , Moderate , Yes , she is real. You have even messaged her. That picture you sent appeared to be more of a shrimp like feature not an appendage.

You can get away with a lot more down in off topic than up here. Just FYI. :/
 BialaPolska
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/19/2015 9:31:18 AM
^ Get away with what? Free Speech?
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/19/2015 9:42:29 AM

Get away with what? Free Speech?

Posting a blatant provable lie is not free speech in my State or yours. Is just confirmation of being a temporary troll here.
As others advised, best to stay in OT Forum or find another website that allows your trolling.
Good luck.
 Peas_
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/19/2015 10:29:35 AM
There are no "Free Speech Rights" on privately owned web sites. Derp. It's their rules, it's their site.

PS....I don't think racism is allowed on most all dating sites in profiles....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dealbreakers and +'s in a profile