Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many girls will ignore me on dating sites?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 21
How many girls will ignore me on dating sites?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
hi OP, dating sites can work but most people send a *lot* of messages without getting any response. I hope you can find a friend to take more pictures for you. don't send long messages... just a single sentence would be good. if people want to respond, they will. it's easier to meet people in real life, so remember to find other ways to meet people besides POF.
 sportS_fan2015
Msg: 22
How many girls will ignore me on dating sites?
Posted: 6/24/2015 9:19:24 AM
Update on the homeless girl. She's getting engaged to a guy who she just met two weeks ago because he has a place of his own. Thanks for the advice. I probably would have been taken advantage of.
 sportS_fan2015
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/24/2015 10:23:40 AM
Had no idea finding love can be brutal for people like me :(
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/24/2015 10:38:16 AM

Thanks for the advice. I probably would have been taken advantage of.

It's good that you understand that could happen. She is probably taking advantage of him as he has a place.

You need to work on you right now. Get off your butt and go to those places I mentioned and ask for a job, no matter what it pays. Get your feet on the ground first, the opportunity for a relationship will happen at some point.

Had no idea finding love can be brutal for people like me

Sportsfan, it's tough for everybody especially when you're trying to make it happen. Hang in there and get yourself where you have something to offer someone besides your feelings. :)
 NJgirl116
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/24/2015 10:42:01 AM
Try to have a better picture or a few taken and proofread your profile, it has typos. You will do a lot better. The picture makes it hard to see you although I do see a nice smile. :-)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/24/2015 11:25:10 AM
Sportsfan!

I tried to message you but could'nt get through.

Tomorrow or the next day you get your tail down to Foster's Market and ask for Jason you can look up the address but no bigger than Greenfield is you probably know where it's at. No promises but he will talk with you. Tell him the detective sent you. He will be expecting you.

Don't you let me down and not go! :)
 overunity
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2015 12:24:05 PM
^^^
Well done CrookCatcher!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/24/2015 3:05:49 PM
In case he doesn't read Catchers great post can someone who is within the OPs age range message him and cope and paste what CC said?
 Peas_
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/25/2015 10:16:03 AM
100 messages? Opie are you a spammer? Hardly sounds personal.
 123nightmoves
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/25/2015 10:20:12 AM
The OP has posted a few times before and he has stated he is a little mentally challenged. He is also very sweet, well spoken and is just looking for someone that fits him, just like a million other people on this site.
 CharminC
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/25/2015 10:28:04 AM

Trust me sweetie, it's brutal for anyone. WE all feel like its brutal.
Please don't let it get to you.

He is also very sweet, well spoken and is just looking for someone that fits him, just like a million other people on this site.

1+
 Peas_
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/25/2015 10:34:15 AM
I see nightmoves. Thank you for clarifying.

Sportfan, I used to chaperone dances with the mentally challenged and shadowed them in the community setting some years back.

Online dating, although, I'm sure it gives you something to do and it is an option for anyone, it's risky for anyone and not always rewarding. Yes, do try to tailor your messages specifically to a woman's interests that are in her profile when you message them.

I believe you will find more opportunity at those community dances and outings that you attend. There is someone for everyone, I'd still like to think. :)
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/30/2015 5:37:53 PM

Having sent out 100 messages does not prove that anybody is a spammer. It depends how long they were on this site. One message a day for just over 3 months would amount to 100 messages. There are also a lot of fake profiles, flakes, and people who have long since left but never bothered to delete their profile. When you factor these in of course somebody needs to send out a lot of messages to get a response.
 Coma_White
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:30:15 PM

From man to woman, 100 messages is extremely low.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/1/2015 2:25:05 AM
You have got to be kidding.....

Take this suggestion.....leave the kid alone....and as for your insinuations you're a sick fvcking pervert.
 Coma_White
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2015 2:38:29 AM

Having viewed CoookCattchers reply regarding a location to attend and meet one of his friends. Taking into account the use of code names such as 'detective' and keeping in mind you don't know who your are dealing with online. Also considering the OP's disability I can't recomend enough avoiding this attempt to arrange a meeting.

Again while being mindful of the OP's disability and young age I think he's at high risk to Online GROOMERS and that CrookCatcher could well be grooming this vulnerable Young man.

I suggest no one relay the message to the OP as they would then be part of the grooming process and part of the paper trail.

Personally I'd never attend a suggested location quoting code names and I'd never attend a location suggested to me by an old man with a moustache.

Something else I find truly alarming is an older man attempting to send messages to a young vulnerable man on a dating site and that there was never a suggestion to attend the location with a trusted companion. The entire episode is terrifying,

I give it a 2/10. Would not read again.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/1/2015 2:45:59 AM
Oh trust me, you haven't experienced anything yet.

Not only are you an outright stalker, both online and IRL as well as a classic sociopath, you've managed to show that you're a closet deviant pedophile. You've managed to not only suggest it, you revel in it.

I think it's painfully obvious as to why the woman of you dreams cut off contact as she has two young daughters. She appears to have been correct in her belief's that you had ulterior motives for trying to "get close" you're just a garden variety pervert.

Your time here grows short.
 kj521
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/1/2015 3:38:10 AM
OMG! I am so sorry, Mr. Crookcatcher.....but I am LMAO!!!

I know it isn't funny to you but this is the most outlandish exchange I have read here in a while.

Mr. Ronpol.....

With regards to this.....

"No one really knows who you are, not even your forum friends (which could well be you using multiple accounts) If anything I'm the Crook Catcher here, remember actions speak far louder than words."

I have met Mr. Crookcatcher in real life.....about a month ago. He is the real deal. A genuine, kind and handsome former LE detective.

I have also just met several other long time Pof forum members this past weekend (all of whom were quite lovely) that can vouch for my genuineness.

Hope that clears that up for you. :)
 kj521
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:55:49 AM
Oh dear goodness me...Mr.Ronpol.....

@Kj521 Lol, you only helped highlight further my point. You could well be CrookCatcher. Who really knows."

I suppose that I could be Mr. Crookcatcher or he could be me...as the possibility does exist.
But I am pretty sure I was a female when I awoke this morning. I can not speak for Mr. Crookcatcher but when I met him he was definetly a man. ;)

And...you did not need to go through all that trouble, sir, to garner my attention. I assure you I am a harmless and friendly sort and that a simple...Hello! How do you do? And a tip of a hat....would more than suffice! :D

Ok...ok...teasing aside...my perceived sarcasm was not sarcasm at all but rather amusement as to the value you place on such useless pof features...in my estimation.

But by all means let those number of views and top prospects be your guiding light! :)
 south_city
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:57:49 AM
I think most men in general ( in particular around the OP's age ) will have a low positive reply rate. Having said that, I do agree that he should get better pictures. Also based on his profile, many women might think that he doesn't have a car or job. Or he's not currently in college. Those things can be dealbreakers as well.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/1/2015 7:07:23 AM
it looks like it's payback time for crookcatcher (according to ronpol81), who apparently still has an axe to grind for what happened between him and CC on that other thread. tsk.

unfortunately for ronpol81, more people here know CC better than that because he's been here a lot longer, so the artifice is more transparent than an aspiring agitator would have hoped. ronpol81, aren't you just swimming in best prospects or whatever they're called? surely a man as attractive and desirable as yourself wouldn't have so much time on his hands to start pissing contests with forumites or worry about women who are as spiteful as you seem to be. go kiss a few!
 Peas_
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/1/2015 7:12:15 AM

From man to woman, 100 messages is extremely low.

hummm, well let's see my contact list here....I have made 31 contacts in just shy of 60 days.

Only 1 man has made initial first contact with me.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/1/2015 8:08:47 AM

I thought dating sites are successful. Thats why I wrote 100 girls and not one will respond. This is the only pic I have till I get a phone or camera.

Yes, people that ignore the most imporant aspect of on line dating find it difficult to date.

Pictures are 90% of your profile success. Rather than spend time writing 100 women, spend that time on getting quality pictures. How hard can that be with cheap digital cameres and every cell phone having a camera?

Dating without quality pictures is like trying to buy a house without a credit score.
 Coma_White
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2015 10:14:24 AM

hummm, well let's see my contact list here....I have made 31 contacts in just shy of 60 days.

Only 1 man has made initial first contact with me.

100 is still a really low number of emails for a man to send on a free dating site. A lot of those profiles may be inactive. If he's emailing the more popular women that get lots of mail, he's not likely to get a response. Experiments have been done with other free sites where accounts were getting 34 emails a day. Everyone's experience is going to be different. However, on average, the women are receiving more first-contact emails that men.
 Peas_
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/1/2015 12:59:48 PM
I agree, there are lots of variables, including inactive accounts, population densities, age groups, etc. ....preferences. Although, I know how dedicated and focused mentally challenged folks can get. It does kinda appear to me still that 100 messages in one day would be over the top. 100 in a month or even a week, I could understand. Unless it's just cut and pasting a form letter.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many girls will ignore me on dating sites?