Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Why are men required to do the work in finding love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 26
Why are men required to do the work in finding love?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
???WHY????????
Hmmmm......... ?Because they have more muscle mass and can dig a deeper hole??????
(Somebody has to dig the hole to bury this dead horse, "And pay for the date". We have kicked it to death!)
Hmmmmm .............still thinking here............Is it written in a contract somewhere?
Hmmm I'm still scratching my head.
Actually I would have more fun scratching someone else's head, LMAO
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 27
Why are men required to do the work in finding love?
Posted: 6/26/2015 8:16:22 AM

Posted by Ladyinred4755:
"...Actually I would have more fun scratching someone else's head, LMAO..."

Gently, please!

Mummymania
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/26/2015 8:40:36 AM

I didn't get the impression it was theThing formerly known as Oldmanhome

Gosh, I thought he was a very insightful poster. Wonder what happened to him???
 kj521
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/26/2015 10:18:33 AM
"I've met women that expected sex after paying for dinner."

Honestly Mr. Clooney! Have you no shame?
Discussing our date in such a public fashion?

****off to cloak myself in new devices....don't know what the old ones were...but it can't be too hard to figure out. :)
 Mummymania
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/26/2015 10:41:04 AM
Mr. Clooney has had different experiences than myself. I remember well the days that dinner was not required, nor lunch.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/26/2015 10:44:28 AM
^^^^
Need to fire up the hot tub time machine and go to Aquarius.

I've got room for 3 females in this hot tub...
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/26/2015 1:50:54 PM
Doing the work? I considered having to take the initiative to be an advantage. I was able to contact anyone I wanted instead of passively sitting by and waiting for what I wanted to drop out of the sky.
 chameleonf
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/26/2015 2:17:43 PM
I'd like to know specifically what this "work" is. It would appear to me that it's a two way street in the work department. If you're old school, then the work is a woman getting herself in a position to be noticed and the guy to take the initiative to make the contact once she's noticed - it's a wash. If you're not old school and believe it's just as cool for a woman to make first contact as it is for a guy to, it's a wash once again.

If, on the other hand, for whatever reason, you're the type of individual who doesn't have any luck finding love, or simply dating, I can see where it might feel like work and you may be trying too hard and in a number of wrong ways. It becomes drudgery, not enjoyable, and this is likely more at the heart of these type of posts.
 Maleman999
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/26/2015 2:35:13 PM

I was able to contact anyone I wanted instead of passively sitting by and waiting for what I wanted to drop out of the sky.

Good point. They make a hell of a mess when they drop out of the sky and splatter all over the ground.
 Your_Move
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2015 2:42:16 PM

Doing the work? I considered having to take the initiative to be an advantage. I was able to contact anyone I wanted instead of passively sitting by and waiting for what I wanted to drop out of the sky.

Amen to that -- what a crappy position to be in, to have it considered socially-unacceptable to actively go after what/who you want. It's great when women step up too - and plenty do - but 'work' - whatever it is - usually makes you a better person. Careful what you wish for...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2015 4:35:06 PM
Durn! I missed all the fireworks. I should stop doing all this silly nonsense like sleeping and making a living.

I gotta get my priorities in order.
 sealady111
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/26/2015 5:14:08 PM
Please be careful people.
Scratching heads can lead to a scalp massage and we all know what happens next!!!!!

Book and crochet cotton mystery solved.
In the morning light I discovered the rest of the new book seriously chewed and the crochet cotton unravelled and mixed in with the shredded pages.

Dogs are still putting on their innocent faces but the evidence is clear.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2015 11:14:03 PM
there are and always have been ways that women can get their desired mate without having to passively wait to be approached. Body language and the come hither look. Plenty of other tactics as well. Me, "I chased them until they caught me" lol!!!
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/29/2015 2:55:33 AM
there are and always have been ways that women can get their desired mate without having to passively wait to be approached. Body language and the come hither look. Plenty of other tactics as well.
---------------
Women like to think that, but if it were true, there wouldn't be so many women complaining about not being asked out by anyone they wanted to go out with and always being hit on by married men. I won't even bother trying to read body language, unless we're already naked and I'm reading her in Braille. The number of women I've dated that got my attention through body language and other indirect hinting is zero. I've dated a lot more who were direct about it. The last thing I want in a woman is having to guess what hints mean for the rest of my life.
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2015 7:19:39 AM
Men aren't required to do anything, some women may want to be chased and wooed but it's hardly a law, you do it or you don't do it according to your own convictions, level of horniness, whatever.

As for picking up or splitting the cheque, jeez why does this always come up as such an issue? Thrash it out beforehand if it's too much of a financial burden to be saddled with, if she says you pay and you don't want to or can't afford it then don't go.
 Peas_
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/29/2015 11:02:22 AM
Did opies Texas shed float away down the street? Perhaps living out of his car wasn't the best choice.
 rhinestonesky
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/12/2015 9:41:14 AM
I ask men out, I pay for the date. Twice. But on the third date I expect them to put out. I'm not wasting my hard earned money on teases.
 ohenryx
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2015 11:28:34 AM

rhinestonesky
I ask men out, I pay for the date. Twice. But on the third date I expect them to put out. I'm not wasting my hard earned money on teases.

For you, darling, I’ll put out. But only for you. And only because you’re so special. I would never do this for any other woman.
 6146Catch
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/6/2015 8:41:51 PM
In a word, tradition. Mess with it at your own risk.
 antirepublican
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/6/2015 10:12:40 PM
Men aren't required to do anything of the dang kind. If it doesn't come to you without effort then it is phony.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/6/2015 11:05:03 PM

It is raining men in my world right now

Savvy men understand this and court efficiently...
 ejluvtolaugh
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/8/2015 10:47:23 AM

Women in your late 40's to 50's, like it or not, you shelf life is rapidly expiring.
The top tier men have NO interest in you whether it is a date site or meeting in real life. Why would they??

If you ever considered yourself as one of those 'top tier men', you basically just shot that out of existence! A true man, no matter what age would not have tried to deliver such a low blow to anyone. You probably have your selection of women sitting on a shelf with wig heads of selection of black, brown, brunette, or blond! I don't want to really put you down but anyone that makes a statement like that is 'seriously lacking' in self confidence in women and wanted to lash out. Suck it up buddy because you just became very stale.
 Peas_
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/8/2015 11:24:42 AM

You women want to be feminists yet do you pick up the check or split it?

We are supposed to initiate contact but if you are really liberated, ask a man out. And pay for the date.
This site has enough bad reviews. Here is a chance to remedy this.

Such a manipulative bait thread.

Opie, it's because of men like you that I'm feeling like ....yes, I'm just not going to look anymore. It's always disappointing. Why keep banging my head? Waste of my time finding men like you if I initiate it. I'm not looking for that anymore.
 LadyLuvsBlack
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/8/2015 1:10:13 PM
PFFT! Really?
why do men like you equate all women today with feminism? theres much about it I don't support or agree with, as im sure many women feel the same....we are Humans and we have Human rights that being said it doesn't mean we don't appreciate being courted and romanced...perhaps the bigger problem today is there are too many men complaining about doing what should come naturally to you which is very unnatural to hear a man complain about having to have to make an effort to romance a woman....hows it going for you?
The fine art of romance and courting is missing today and only a few Wise men will understand the value of courting the one he loves, desires and wants to spend time with. he will reap what he sows that's also a natural law :)))
jeep im sorry but you sound bitter and cheap, give a woman reason why she should court you? its unnatural ...the male does the courting its genetic design and if you don't see the value in courting a woman you desire then your too lazy to get to know.
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/9/2015 9:09:18 PM
You're required to do this so we know for sure that you'll stick around when we cry or when we have PMS or when we need extra money for that pair of shoes we need so badly or for when we burn the dinner, bleach your favorite boxers, throw away your stupid stuff and/or
sell it for money for that pair of shoes we need so badly.

What's the problem? I don't see it
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Why are men required to do the work in finding love?