Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Profile errors, height, values, and the kitchen sink.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 251
Profile errors, height, values, and the kitchen sink.Page 11 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I think Mr Hawk doesn't actually want to date. If all my differently abled clients could, and get married - he could as well.
A deaf/blind woman had the bestest child ever - and he husband ( just deaf) was amazing. Great love story
 sundress1
Msg: 252
Profile errors, height, values, and the kitchen sink.
Posted: 8/9/2015 6:36:01 AM

I have done. In some ways it makes it easier for you to talk to people, because you're not hiding in your own little group all night and HAVE to interact.

When I was younger, I always had people to attend nightclubs and other things with. Now I don't attend nightclubs that much anymore. Except for an occasional birthday or bachelorette party.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2015 9:13:17 AM

When I was younger, I always had people to attend nightclubs and other things with. Now I don't attend nightclubs that much anymore. Except for an occasional birthday or bachelorette party.

This. It feels like it's just excuses at this point and looking for reasons why instead of improving, if he's content then he's content, **** it. You can only tell someone the same thing over and over again, he's a grown man so yea.
As far as statistics go this is a little dated.

http://www.vdare.com/posts/height-and-weight-new-survey-of-blacks-whites-and-hispanics

The average height of black men is 5'10, I'm measured out to be 5'9" without shoes on so I'm slightly below the average of black men but average for the national average. This is how I know a lot of girls don't read profiles because my height clearly says 5'9" but I constantly get asked "How tall are you?" To be fair I do look taller than what I am probably because my feet are big I wear a size 13 shoe and my armspan is longer than what it's supposed to be (75" vs 71") plus I'm muscular and have an athletic body type so I'm sure some women are willing to overlook my height. If I wanted too, I could point multiple deficiencies that I have on why I wouldn't be desirable but that's too negative even for me. If I do that I should just give the **** up and die alone.

Here's an interesting article about short men being better husbands.
http://www.evanmarckatz.com/blog/dating-tips-advice/why-short-men-are-better-husbands/
 dragonbytes
Msg: 254
Posted: 8/9/2015 10:22:28 AM

None of whom were Mexican (okay, one of them was half-Hispanic but you couldn’t tell it and she certainly wasn’t stereotypical, making her much like my best friend) or Asian or 300 pounds overweight or meth-addicted or a welfare queen with 10 kids or anything else that would make them “easy targets” for me, and I have to tell you, it is very difficult to go back to dating women you don’t want to date after you dated a bunch of women you do want to date.

Oluben, I saw that, but was nonplussed when I read it so I glossed over it.

I didn't get lumping in Mexican/Hispanic/Asian with meth-addicted / welfare queens with 10 kids.

(Along with he really dislikes children, he said because they don't communicate as well as adults.) I assume this all applies to anyone learning English as a foreign language.

I had figured out before, Hawkings actually has a very narrow idea about who he would consider date worthy, his half-Hispanic past GF was acceptable because after all, she didn't look Hispanic.

One theory I had was this:

The one thing Mexican/Hispanic/Asian and children all have in common, they are shorter than the average. Another theory is he is fixed on the type of woman he dated in the past, anyone else is repugnant. Though how anyone could find someone like Ana de la Reguera, who is Mexican, repugnant is beyond my comprehension.

So maybe its hatred of short people in general, including himself? Whatever drives this selection bias, IMO it's the linchpin in his perceived lack of dating success.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2015 12:26:20 PM
Oluben- that is a rough analysis. I will concede that NO ONE knows Hawking's issues MORE than Hawking. But I see a big problem, he isn't ready to compromise! That includes expanding his demographic preferences. I already have seen his dating pool and to NOT like kids and excluding MILFS is going to be a damper on his dating prospects at his age, especially in a city like Tampa. Excluding other races is also going to hurt.

Hawking, you asked if anyone thinks you care about dating now. Well, I think it's obvious you do, but hopefully it makes you happy to know that I no longer care.

"Always a bridesmaid, never a bride" comes to mind here. We actually see this "I don't care" line more often from women posters than male posters here. I generally don't put much stock in it NO matter what gender says it, but I find it even harder to accept when a young never married man says it. I mean is he saying that he will live his life for himself and not look to date?

But I have seen how on the ground that looks like. Basically, he will be living his life as an extension of his friends lives..the 3rd wheel. Who the hell wants that? Might as well go get life in prison with NO parole.

Three years when you were lucky enough, after a lot of rejection, to hit a streak when you dated exactly who you wanted to date. Well guess what? Your luck's run out. And it probably ain't coming back.

Mean thing to say Oluben, no one knows what is a round the corner, but one has to actually make the effort to reach the corner and turn, so to speak. That's why "giving up" is always foolish in my book.

That being said, a compromise means stop looking for mostly white gals, and childless women, or much younger women ,or whatever. Preferences maybe need to be dropped or expanded a bit. This can apply to any member having difficulty, either gender.

I had figured out before, Hawkings actually has a very narrow idea about who he would consider date worthy, his half-Hispanic past GF was acceptable because after all, she didn't look Hispanic.

Weird too because many Cubans are White Hispanics like Andy Garcia. Also many white guys, like myself, can pass as Cuban or Hispanic, so his exclusion seems to be more race/ethnic related. I get the feeling he wants to date girls that have the same white American as apple pie that resemble the girls he is friends with, and maybe grew up with.

So maybe its hatred of short people in general, including himself? Whatever drives this selection bias, IMO it's the linchpin in his perceived lack of dating success.

Well, he did say women dating a short guy must have psychiatric issues.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2015 4:53:09 PM
Man, I must be really bored this Sunday evening. This is the longest I have ever spent on a POF post – like an hour. ENJOY!

“You see, just the fact that you are posting here in the forums would, I think, stir some/many females to view your profile, at least out of curiosity.”

I said, I’ve had no UNSOLICITED views since March. I’ve had hundreds of views overall since March, a few from forumites, but most of them from women with whom I initiated contact. ALL of my views since June have come from forumites because I have sent out no first contact emails in that time... and received no unsolicited views either.

It’s pretty easy to keep track of your unsolicited views if you receive very few, plus my unsolicited viewers were far different from the women I initiated contact with, though they fell into two main categories: older, overweight, unattractive, uneducated, lower class (financially), bunch of kids (if I had that option on), OR very young (outside of current allowed POF age parameters), probably in college or high school, reasonably cute, somewhat alternative, often times many miles away. The women I usually contact (unless I’m experimenting or just going on a message bender) are about 5 years older to 10 years younger, childless (like me), very well-educated (like me), in fairly good shape (like me) and have good careers (like me). Even though there are literally thousands of such women in my area (though less and less every year), I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I got an unsolicited view from such a woman.

Interestingly, we’re talking about close to the same height as me with all three of the above categories (unsolicited older viewers, unsolicited younger viewers, women I contact). I can’t remember ever getting an unsolicited view from a woman taller than me, and if it has happened, it was by an inch, and even then I think it’s possible it wasn’t really “unsolicited” – when I first started on this site, many women would actually checked their own “Viewed Me,” and sometimes I’d get a look from a woman I viewed first without sending her a message. That hasn’t happened in a long time, though.

“I do concede that not much sympathy is directed to the problems of very tall women.”

Nope. Like I said, my tall female friends and I commiserated a lot. However, my friends are like 5’9 to 6 feet. Closer to 7 feet – yeah, that would really suck. At least 7 feet guys usually get the benefit of making millions in the NBA to ease their over-sized issues; WNBA pays about as much as my job. I’m not sure what would be worse: being what I am now, or being a 7 footer with no fame or fortune (male or female) – I mean, clothes-shopping sucks now for me, but man, that would be far worse. And even though I have to pull up the seat so close to the steering wheel my friends laugh at me, at least I can drive a normal car. And fit comfortably on airplanes and through doorways.

“They also will login daily so they show up as ONLINE.”

I often log in like a dozen times a day, or at least I did until the past couple of months when I just stopped contacting women, and giving a damn.

“I saw Joe post something about Hispanic men being shorter than their girlfriends,”

I think most likely they are close to the same height – most of my short amigas Latinas don’t go anywhere in public without 4 inch+ heels. The difference between a picture with me and my best friend with and without her heels is like night and day (in fact, she will usually take her heels off to take a picture with me – which is exactly the opposite thing her daughter [same height] does when she takes a picture with her 6’2” boyfriend... someone starts to take a picture when she’s in her flipflops or barefeet, she’ll scream “Wait a second!” and scramble for her heels).

“Another thing - all these stats, numbers, percentages, studies, research etc. Leave ALL of that behind. Let it go. Stop over thinking and analyzing, and start doing.”

That is my main profession. Kinda hard to turn it off. Of course, it became my main profession because I was already a statistics freak before I even went to college.

“Oh, and Hawk. Definitely don't settle for someone who does nothing for you. That hasn't been what I've suggested at all. You can do better than that.”

My entire dating history has consisted of two distinct groups of women: those I wanted nothing to do with but dated out of desperation, and those I was attracted to but knew it was a bad idea to date but did anyway, sort of out of desperation. I’ve never dated anyone that I both wanted to date and should have been dating. Given what I just said in the first section of this post, I don’t really see that changing: the types of women that I want to date and should date do not now nor have ever had any serious interest in me, despite my best attempts to be the type of men that would interest them, but the greatest lesson in life that I have learned is that you cannot be what someone wants you to be unless you actually are what they want.

“I think Mr Hawk doesn't actually want to date.”

Now, to be honest, I’m beyond date/not date… Now the question’s more “to be or not to be.”

“If all my differently abled clients could, and get married - he could as well.”

I have no interest in marriage. I did growing up – wife, kids, house in the suburbs, bowling league on the weekend. Once I realized that was an absurd notion for me, I had to evolve to simpler goals and in the process I completely lost the will and desire to marry. Yes, this, too could, be a problem with interest from women -- except, it's not like my profile says "I have no interest in marriage." Which is one thing I think all of you guys need to understand about all these personality/non-physical things you claim could be turning off women: the vast majority of them are in no way obvious at the "meet" point, so it's highly unlikely those are reasons why I'm getting rejected.

“A deaf/blind woman had the bestest child ever - and he husband ( just deaf) was amazing. Great love story”

If *we* were blind, we probably wouldn’t be having a conversation about physical attraction, would we?

“I didn't get lumping in Mexican/Hispanic/Asian with meth-addicted / welfare queens with 10 kids.”

I was waiting for someone to interpret that statement that way. I was just saying, I have no real attraction to Hispanic or Asian cultures. Just like I have no real attraction to the meth or welfare “culture.” Almost anything strongly “cultural” annoys me – it’s not merely a language thing, I just believe quinceaneras and bat mitzvahs and jumping the broom and all the crap is a bunch of antiquated nonsense, and I really don’t like hanging around people who believe such nonsense is important.

That said, the closest thing to my “dream girl” that ever expressed an interest in dating me was a first generation Portuguese American, and I remember sitting there across from her at the table, listening to this brilliant, gorgeous woman go on about how her children would have to go to Portuguese school and regularly attend mass and blah blah blah, and I remember thinking at the time, “WHATEVER YOU WANT, WE WILL DO.” That was nearly a decade ago, so I was slightly less jaded than now. But admittedly, if I met her right now, that’d still probably be my response, because she was just too amazing to not do whatever she wanted, even if my heart wasn’t into it at all. She was otherwise a 100% All-American woman, so it would have been a lot easier to put up with such nonsense on occasion – nevertheless, there was the legitimate fear I could find myself in my very own special episode of “My Big Fat Portuguese Wedding.” Gag.

“I had figured out before, Hawkings actually has a very narrow idea about who he would consider date worthy, his half-Hispanic past GF was acceptable because after all, she didn't look Hispanic.”

Yeah, I don’t know how true that is – I click “Yes” to 90%+ of women I come across on Tinder, and in most cases I actually am attracted to them. There have been literally thousands of POF women I considered “date worthy.” I’ve been told by both male and female friends that my “attraction zone” is FAR too wide. But I’ve had the misfortune of almost none of the likely millions of adult women falling into my attraction zone being interested in me. I actually think many Hispanic and Asian women are attractive, but the ones whose personalities are most in sync with mine are the extremely Americanized ones who have been socialized to prefer tall men, like most other American women, therefore that so-called "advantage" you claim short men should have within those cultures doesn't really exist. You guys have been basically suggesting I go to “Mexicotown” and pick up an illegal alien who knows four lines of English. THOSE are the ones that will date short men. Although, I should point out, that doesn’t mean they will date BLACK men. White men, sure – because white men are a step up on the social ladder. Black men, not so much. Haven't you been watching Fox News and reading Yahoo comments? Black men are the scourge of the country. Even immigrants know that.

“So the women who are most likely to accept you for your most ‘undesirable’ characteristic are automatically sad and sick?”

Female attraction to short males is actually far less common than attraction to children or even attraction to animals, two of the most deplored attractions in humanity, and in most modern cultures, strong candidates for psychiatric attention. And I have to say, every woman I’ve come across that preferred short men was more than a little “off.” Fortunately, there have been very, very few of them. A couple of them are in the forums and they really scare the hell out of me.

But that aside, I don’t know how many times I’ve quoted/paraphrased Woody/Groucho in these forums: I definitely wouldn’t want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member.

“to the out-of-your-league women you really want to date .”

But... what is my league? See how confused your first few paragraphs are. So many strong positives, so many strong negatives. What the hell does that add up to? I don’t know. I really don’t. I don’t know what I am. Though there’s a pretty good argument that you are not an average of your strengths and weaknesses but are instead defined by your greatest strength or worst weakness. If you build a magnificent, sturdy bridge except for a worthless center trestle, will all the other good trestles keep it from collapsing or will dozens lose their lives because of the heavily flawed trestle?

“Seriously, what makes you so special that you shouldn't settle for less?”

I really don’t know. But I do know that when I did settle for less, I made the lives of those women very miserable just from the fact that I didn’t care about them and whatever it was we were doing. As a former bully victim, I could not live with myself if I ever did that again. I was young, inexperienced and didn’t understand what I was doing. I couldn’t step outside that situation and see that I had become the monster that I had spent my whole youth trying to destroy.

“So, by my maths that's a whole three years of your life when you've been in relationships. Three years when you were lucky enough, after a lot of rejection, to hit a streak when you dated exactly who you wanted to date. Well guess what? Your luck's run out. And it probably ain't coming back.”

“Relationship” is a very strong word for those circumstances. I’ve never been in “relationship” like the rest of you have had. What I had with my ex-girlfriend was an affair. It was always ill-defined and very secretive such that very few people knew about it, because if her parents found out, they would disown her and possibly kill both of us. The affair nature of it really didn’t bother me, because my life is nothing except secrets, but it eventually became pure torture to her. None of my other “relationships” were exclusive from the woman’s point-of-view (not that I was being held to a higher standard – I just had no one else to date) and were very on-and-off, and quite frankly, I'm not even sure they really liked me -- in a couple of cases, it seems likely they just liked my money.

You are right about the luck. You are wrong about the streak. Meeting the model was luck and she inadvertently set all the other dates with attractive women in motion. Once I moved outside her “sphere of influence” several years after we dated, all the attractive options disintegrated into thin air. It’s such a bizarre situation it would take me hours to explain it before you believed it was “special” or “different” from almost anything that has ever happened to anyone. It’s strange… whether you believe my circumstances are “unique,” how I got out of them temporarily is without question “unique.” And was, indeed, just pure random chance. Had absolutely nothing to do with any dating strategy. To tell you the truth, the only dating strategy that has EVER worked for me is deception. Without deception, the model and a willingness to date unquestionably repulsive women, I would be dateless to this very day. So there is absolutely nothing "normal" about the circumstances of any date I've ever had. No "she looked at me and I looked at her and we smiled at each other across the classroom" crap here.

Unfortunately, I cannot go into any real details on that model story here. There are legal issues involved.

“And that includes not secretly thinking you're all that while telling everyone you think you're not.”

Again... I don’t know what I am. I don’t think I’m ugly. My female friends claim I’m not ugly (but then what are they going to say to me?). Although they do say I have a baby face. No question that I have Peter Pan Syndrome. I’ve barely aged at all in decades. Great for women, terrible for guys. I know my height is very negative, I know my race is problematic, I know my views on children are unhelpful. I do think I’m one of the smartest persons on the planet. Although I am an underachiever, I have done better than most men professionally. I once qualified as one of the strongest men in my weight class in recorded history and was fit enough to run a marathon. I make my female friends and dates laugh a lot and have written successful comedies. So I am a jumble of extremes.

Therefore, sometimes I will say I’m “all that” and sometimes I will say I am worthless. Because I am both. I’ve been told I’m both. I’ve been treated as both. I’ve been kicked and I've been kissed.

But probably so has everyone. So maybe you're right. It’s probably not special.

But is zero unsolicited views since March and one a month prior to that "special"? Statistically, that should be nearly impossible. Which you all agree with. And have never heard of before. If it's not a technical issue, the only possible explanation is: I have a combination of searchable characteristics that no woman in my area wants. Which would almost by definition make me "special."
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 257
Posted: 8/9/2015 6:50:56 PM
Maybe the little gaffer will have better luck when he stops using words like "repulsive" to describe women. Just a thought.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 258
Posted: 8/9/2015 6:56:46 PM

Maybe the little gaffer will have better luck when he stops using words like "repulsive" to describe women. Just a thought.

Good point.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/9/2015 7:11:04 PM
^ Thank-you. It was my mother that taught me, as a child, that the more critical you are of other people's physical appearance, the more self-conscious you become.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 260
Posted: 8/9/2015 7:14:36 PM
Your mother taught me a few things too Baby.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 261
Posted: 8/9/2015 7:16:15 PM

Thank-you. It was my mother that taught me, as a child, that the more critical you are of other people's physical appearance, the more self-conscious you become.

Apparently Mr Clithero's mom was teaching a different lesson ...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 262
Posted: 8/9/2015 7:44:40 PM
Props to anyone who reads the wall upon wall
Upon wall
Of text
 07songsungblue
Msg: 263
Posted: 8/9/2015 8:00:44 PM
I think there are only 3 or 4 that read the walls of Fvcking text and have a need to dissect every friggin sentence. I'm sure if the zombie apocalypse was upon is these few would still be typing missives with their dead bony fingers. I'm sure the rest of us have carpal tunnel from scanning through the 25,000 word posts.

Can someone tell Hawking, Vicki, NG and Adventure and a few more that they don't have to write novels. Who reads this shyt. Or, start your own threads and just the few of you can post back and forth and the restbofmusnpromise not to hijack them. Have you own little,island.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 264
Posted: 8/9/2015 8:01:08 PM
^^^^
@Ouji

Isn't that the truth. :/

All that pent up emotion, articulated, grammatically correct and scrolled on by.....would it be appropriate to just respond to that wall of text with a reply of "ok" and leave it at that?
 sealady111
Msg: 265
Posted: 8/9/2015 8:02:04 PM
My eyes hurt.

Need more text...

My eyes still hurt.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 266
Posted: 8/9/2015 9:04:59 PM
Well, I did read the wall of text, I normally do it all the time. Do I get a prize? Does my prize include the word booby?

I think norwegianguy is harder to follow his thoughts than Hawking.

Hawking,
I do think I’m one of the smartest persons on the planet. Although I am an underachiever, I have done better than most men professionally. I once qualified as one of the strongest men in my weight class in recorded history and was fit enough to run a marathon.

So what is your IQ?

You should have become a gymnastics, then your height would have been an asset. If you could have won an Olympic medal, I would dare say that would have improved your dating life as well as being a career boost.

I am out of here, I need to head to the liquor store and hope I forget all of this.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 267
Posted: 8/9/2015 9:25:56 PM
Nope, sorry Sir Dragon. No prize here, but Ouija will give a "prop". LOL

I need to head to the liquor store and hope I forget all of this.

For the life of me I can't imagine why?
 CharminC
Msg: 268
Posted: 8/9/2015 10:36:55 PM

This is the longest I have ever spent on a POF post – like an hour

An hour .......................wasted

it looks like he's just another uncompromising choice addict.

Thank you darling for condensing what took him an hour to type into three words

Well.... if uncompromise is the problem then that's the bed he made...no? So, lie in it and shuddup
BUT, don't like it? Shyt or get off the pot..... meaning, start compromising. Pffht.. sooooooo simple.

Wow... look how short this post is. Isn't it beautiful???!!! *blows a kiss at the screen*
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 269
Posted: 8/9/2015 11:37:04 PM

Your mother taught me a few things too Baby.

Daddy?!

...Clithero's...

I think you just like saying his name ;)
 dragonbytes
Msg: 270
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:45:42 AM

Dragon: I need to head to the liquor store and hope I forget all of this.

Lady in red: For the life of me I can't imagine why?For the life of me I can't imagine why?

In short, PTSD.

In reviewing Hawkings short dilemma, this triggers repressed memories of my own early dating experiences, re-creating a recurrence of PTSD. (post-traumatic stress disorder).

FWIW: Now there is a memory forgetting pill that they are researching.

Even more startling, an equally small family of compounds could turn out to be a
universal eraser of history, a pill that we could take whenever we wanted to forget
anything.
http://www.wired.com/2012/02/ff_forgettingpill/

Scripps Florida Scientists Make Strides in Therapy Preventing Addiction Relapse by Erasing Drug-Associated Memories
http://www.scripps.edu/news/press/2015/20150804miller.html

Now I do think many of these drugs would work well for a number of forum participants.

And I was surprised that one of these drugs, blebbistatin, I can actually buy online, but you know, I can't remember why or what I wanted to forget. A lot of alcohol will have that effect.

Or maybe I just like to drink?
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 271
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:56:28 AM
I stated:

“Another thing - all these stats, numbers, percentages, studies, research etc. Leave ALL of that behind. Let it go. Stop over thinking and analyzing, and start doing.”

Hawking:
That is my main profession. Kinda hard to turn it off. Of course, it became my main profession because I was already a statistics freak before I even went to college.

This may be so, but just as an alcoholic has to stop drinking, and an overweight person has to make dietary and lifestyle changes, you'll have to relinquish this way of thinking. Over thinking can often be the art of creating problems that don't even exist, resulting in talking yourself out of what you know you need to do. There's no step by step instructional on how to break away from this. It's going to be a matter of sheer force....a choice.
 Peas_
Msg: 272
Posted: 8/10/2015 6:19:57 AM

In short, PTSD.

In reviewing Hawkings short dilemma, this triggers repressed memories of my own early dating experiences, re-creating a recurrence of PTSD. (post-traumatic stress disorder).

FWIW: Now there is a memory forgetting pill that they are researching.

Even more startling, an equally small family of compounds could turn out to be a
universal eraser of history, a pill that we could take whenever we wanted to forget
anything.
http://www.wired.com/2012/02/ff_forgettingpill/

Scripps Florida Scientists Make Strides in Therapy Preventing Addiction Relapse by Erasing Drug-Associated Memories
http://www.scripps.edu/news/press/2015/20150804miller.html

Now I do think many of these drugs would work well for a number of forum participants.

And I was surprised that one of these drugs, blebbistatin, I can actually buy online, but you know, I can't remember why or what I wanted to forget. A lot of alcohol will have that effect.

Or maybe I just like to drink?

For the life of me I tried to ignore this post.....I will never be rich and write that book for the movie if I allow my grey matter to have dead spots and holes in my brain on purpose. There's plenty I already don't remember. There was a time I wished I could've burned a hole right through my brain to forget things. I hear ya.

Sometimes I am just stupified at the amount of people that walk around on pills prescribed by therapists and their capacity to function in daily life becomes more and more compromised by the pills they are altering their brains from. All self medications, even in moderation have some kind of numbing effect.

Time, and coping is the best healer.

Nope, didn't read the wall of text.
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 273
Posted: 8/10/2015 6:28:17 AM
This long thread and others here seem to confirm that for some people writing is indeed a form of alternative therapy, allowing some a feeling of accomplished self-expression and venting some apparent long pent-up frustration.

That feeling of apparent freedom here to vent to a mostly mature audience falsely thought anonymous and "worthy" of receiving much of one's inner most thoughts/feelings/rationalizations can lead some to seemingly forget normal boundaries when releasing their intimate private life details and emotional history here in long Forums posts.

While that can provide some light entertainment for others here, it can lead some to a feeling of false intimacy with some usually distant strangers of all types who just happen to own a computer/device and have internet access available.

Sometimes it would seem best to self-censor a bit, think thrice before posting your intimate life story, and edit your own posts several times for content and length before posting them forever available to Google, and to better express what you truly would want to say to your neighbors or anyone walking down your street.

Just FYI folks.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 274
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:41:42 AM
Wow, I am glad I missed all this hubris. I was too busy going to a book signing by one of the members of my writers club. It turned out he was not part of my critique group, but a larger group that meets at a different location.

I remember thinking at the time, “WHATEVER YOU WANT, WE WILL DO.” That was nearly a decade ago, so I was slightly less jaded than now. But admittedly, if I met her right now, that’d still probably be my response, because she was just too amazing to not do whatever she wanted, even if my heart wasn’t into it at all. She was otherwise a 100% All-American woman, so it would have been a lot easier to put up with such nonsense on occasion – nevertheless, there was the legitimate fear I could find myself in my very own special episode of “My Big Fat Portuguese Wedding.” Gag.

Dude, I could get you laid, and happy, and she happy with you in a very simple way. Go after Brazilian women. First of all, they have an awesome mix of European, African and even Asian that produces incredibly good looking women. Second, they don't give a crap about guys bawlding, or being short. They do appreciate men that are intellectual and all that good stuff. The best part is that all you have to do is start hanging out at Brazilian grocery stores, which by the way, tend to have a coffee area and a restaurant, and you will meet your future woman.

What you fail to do if find opportunity. Take for instance me. I like very attractive women. But part of the reason I get away dating very attractive women is because I also like children. Well, that is women with children. Many men my age, don't want that at all, so they tend to (like you) write off these women. Then there are the guys that go after them, with the only intention to do a fvck and dumb, so these women are extremely savvy at reading that type of guy's b u ll sh it. They screen you with double edge sword questions. But because that was exactly what I was going after, it has been very easy for me to not only date them, but be extremely picky in my choices.

If I was going for women that were not only attractive, but had no children, or had all this other mind boggling criteria, I would be in the same predicament than you. Instead, I am in the most awesome relationship with a great woman, where I get to enjoy as well the time with kids. So, it's a win, win, win situation.

So back to Halkings. Find a happy medium of they type of women you want and can have and go after them.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:45:30 AM
Told you I would win this debate. Like a shark, I keep clinching and twisting and twisting and twisting until my prey just gives up and dies. Eventually after it goes on for long enough, you just have to take a big chomp and leave flesh all over the water.

Don’t you people understand? ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME HERE IS WINNING DEBATES. That is the only reason I even come to these forums. I am beyond help, I don’t want to be any of your goddamn friends and almost none of you entertain me. One of the few pleasures I get in this miserable godforsaken life is debating people to death on message boards. I don’t really know why – it’s just euphoric to me. Maybe because I rarely engage in debates in real life.

The only things to quickly respond to:

Obulen: I actually don’t agree with Joe. Nothing you said seemed remotely mean to me. Then again, few things do after you spend half of your youth being called the n-word and threatened with cross-burnings and having your head dunked in toilets and being kicked and spit on in the hallways. Nevertheless, I realize I’m much more thick-skinned than most people so I usually try to defend cyberbully victims, but what most people say to me, especially in a non-insulting manner, I just let roll off my back. I’ve almost never found anything objectionable to what you say -- you’re definitely one of the most reasonable people on this board and I greatly respect you, unlike the vast majority of limp-brained swine in this thread. (Yup, I’m going full Donald Trump now! I just don’t care anymore!)

Long-post haters: Quite frankly, I think those who only write one or two lines most of the time are attempting to hide an embarrassing level of education.

“Maybe the little gaffer will have better luck when he stops using words like ‘repulsive’ to describe women.”

Do you know how often women do that of men here? Broken bottles and whatnot. What, you’ve never found a man to be repulsive? I highly doubt that. Understand I have never told a woman she was repulsive or even said that to anyone that could tell her that -- quite a few women have told me I am repulsive to my face, so I know how much that sucks. But the fact is, like most men, there are women I find repulsive and it's relevant information to this discussion. I've dated more than more than a few women that I found very unattractive (not that I find this a positive attribute), which I doubt you have done with men, so one could argue my behavior is more noble than your (theoretical) behavior.

BTW, as this is your thread, do note that I was dragged into it -- much like "Beetlejuice," if you say my name enough times, I guess I will appear. It was not my intent to derail it, but at that point it was a month-old thread and most of the discussion was about me, even though I was not even in the thread. What happened after that was inevitable, unfortunately.

Dragon: I have not had that measured in many years. It was in the 130s and 140s during middle and high school. And my school was too small to have gymnastics.

Pig: Okay, what do I need to do that I haven’t already done at some point or another, besides delete my profile? To be perfectly honest, I'm pretty much just on this site for the forums at this point (one of the most shameful things I've ever had to admit in my life) and having had the same profile for 8 years allows me to avoid a bunch of sock and puppet and whatnot accusations.

Moderate Recall: You know... you have a point. In fact, I think it’s the most salient point made by anyone in this thread. I think you can drop the mic and walk away. But don’t expect my behavior to change over it. Because I really just don’t give a damn anymore. This is probably my 1883 eruption. I just wouldn’t expect an Anak Krakatau to rise from the ashes.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Profile errors, height, values, and the kitchen sink.