Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Profile errors, height, values, and the kitchen sink.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peas_
Msg: 201
Profile errors, height, values, and the kitchen sink.Page 9 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I never heard my 5'10" gorgeous older sister complain about being too tall.

Dragon, you didn't check out any of the other sites from that google search? That is funny about the extremes, but perhaps it's strange and extreme for a short man to want a tall woman who doesn't want him.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Profile errors, height, values, and the kitchen sink.
Posted: 8/6/2015 5:18:20 PM
A very tall woman will have limited choices even if she is gorgeous if she doesn't want a guy shorter than her.

I have two very tall nieces, 5'11" ,and they have partners who are around the same height. So as long as they don't want to wear super big heels, not a big deal.

Me, I think 5'6" for a woman is ideal. Just missed that by 2".....

It is the very tall guys with the very petite women that I find amusing. They look so strange and lord knows how things are in bed. These women should leave the super tall guys for the taller girls!!! lol!!!
 SLAFFA
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/6/2015 6:13:11 PM
I have an awfully hard time believing that any SANE woman would reject a guy for ONLY height if most of the major puzzle pieces were in place. I'd bet my last dollar that - more often than not - it's a simple, convenient out for her rather than going into any/all of the other reasons the guy is unsuitable.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2015 6:19:59 PM

This isn't something you can disagree with.

Okay, to clarify... I disagree with the notion that it's implying -- that guys are more turned off by women being tall, than women being turned off by guys being short. I wasn't questioning the accuracy of what you've collectively overheard over the years.... although we do tend to have common things go in one ear and out the other like "I'm not into short guys" VS "I don't like tall women" (reaction: "Whoah, wait bro -- really? That cute tall blonde? You wouldn't hit that?" - ingrained in brain).

I very rarely hear the women I know mention any sort of height requirement, but many of my male friends do, even the ones who aren't short. They want the short/petite women.

I agree. IRL, I don't hear women talk about a height requirement really. And I do hear more guys talk about getting "spinners" more often than girls clamoring for a specifically "tall guy". I agree. Now, if I talk about online prospects with gals IRL who are online, and I talk about attributes, yeah -- the height thing Definitely comes up. But not for fellow guys. I think even though the concept it's based on is the same (height), it's typically different for each gender. One's a super-strong Nix, the other's a preference. The gal IRL typically isn't going to have a problem finding a guy who's tall enough, unless she's maybe really tall herself or something. Hence, it's not brought up much, because there's usually no shortage of non-short guys.

Guys: He doesn't nix on height with gals. He may (even fetish-wise) prefer very short/petite girls. They'd love to tag a small, petite gal -- very possibly more to give them that "big protective ogre" feel, much like a gal would like to feel like a danty, small-sized princess in comparison. But they'd also love to tag a tall, cute gal, too when the opportunity arises. Or any cute gal.

Girls: She does have a nix on height with guys (short guys to one degree or another). They'd prefer a tall guy compared to the average-height guy. A guy shorter than she who she doesn't know, when out and about, and she's no Tall girl? No. Nada. Not going to happen. Even when on the rebound. But there's no easter-egg hunt for finding a guy average height or taller, who's taller than her -- unlike guys who tend to have an extra thang for a gal who could fit in a small bunny costume carrying some eggs. ;)

Remember the pro volleyball player Gabrielle Reece? She's 6'3''. I don't care if he's 4'11'', 5'11'', or 6'11'', any guy who would turn THAT down is a f*cking idiot.

Exactly! I don't remember her, but just looked up (nude) photos of her since you mentioned it (added "nude" to the end of the name). No guy would turn that down. At all. Even guys who salivate about pint-sized gals in bunny costumes going furry on her danty a$$. He's not going to turn Reece down, or any gal of that caliber. Hooking up with a hot tall gal will be a conquest for any guy. A guy who claims he wouldn't with a gal out of his league and being a tall hot blonde (her being an example) -- isn't insane, he's just lying.

Short guy issues not much different than tall women issues

I think it is different. I think tall women issues are too often overlooked, yes. Guys should be surprised that cute, tall girls run into issues and all that. But one's a much bigger stop than the other. Here's a "taste test" recipe: (1) Otherwise Cute Guy 5'5", (1) Cute Gal 5'10", (2) Good fitting shirts for each that say "I want to get laid TONIGHT". Have them both go out to the bars mingling on, say, 4 different weekends. I know who I'd put my money on, in terms of reeling in more success.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 205
Posted: 8/6/2015 8:05:25 PM

Good fitting shirts for each that say "I want to get laid TONIGHT". Have them both go out to the bars mingling

Oh, I thought you said "I want to get PAID tonight". Tried it. Ended up in city cells. Again :(
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/7/2015 2:23:24 AM

Okay, to clarify... I disagree with the notion that it's implying -- that guys are more turned off by women being tall, than women being turned off by guys being short.

I've known some who have claimed to be turned off by tall women, but honestly, I think it could be a front to cover the fact that they really do find them attractive, but just don't want to be seen in public with them because it's a threat to their masculinity.

A friend of mine I've known for 30 years claims to not be attracted to tall women. He's about 5'9''. Actually, he finds faults in just about any woman. Famous or not, runway model gorgeous, doesn't matter. He'll find something wrong. I should also add that this f*cker looks like Don Knotts strung out on meth. So, perhaps he's casting the illusion that no one is good enough for *him* rather than it being the other way around. It's certainly plausible.

Exactly! I don't remember her, but just looked up (nude) photos of her since you mentioned it (added "nude" to the end of the name).

Hmm. I never knew she posed nude, but I did go searching for those photos. Holy shit.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/7/2015 5:50:38 AM
I like being tall, not complaining :) Always have been - always had tall women to admire. Yes Gabby is beautiful, no Veruschka tho
I have noticed young women are getting taller.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2015 7:08:55 AM
IG: “First, you are still stuck in the idea that unsolicited approaches by women is what defines the success of the man.”

I didn’t say it defined the success of the man. I’m saying it is the strongest indicator of what his results are likely to be. It’s like how air pressure is the strongest indicator of hurricane wind speed. Yet every now and then, you will come across a hurricane that has absurdly low air pressure but not overwhelmingly impressive wind speed. But as a general rule, if you have low air pressure, you have high wind speed. In general, if you get a lot of unsolicited views, you have characteristics women want in a man and will get a lot of responses, and if you get almost no views, you do not have those characteristics and will therefore get few responses. (None of this directly applies to women’s “viewed me.” Because they are typically the “hunted,” most of them get so many views that they can’t even keep track of the new ones.)

MR: “FYI, there are paid fake people profiles on most of the pay OLD dating sites, that will NEVER ever be able to actually meet anyone.”

Yeah, I know – but I am 100% sure this was a real person. Do not ask how I know. I don’t think she was playing games or hard-to-get, either. Most women that respond to me on any dating site tend to be indecisive types, particularly when it comes to guys that aren’t their normal “type,” and I just don’t have the patience anymore to wait out their indecisiveness. I gave my last date 3 years to decide to meet me. You might look at that as the straw that broke the camel’s back, but that was nearly 9 years ago (or 12, if you start from when we first connected) and I’ve certainly been somewhat optimistic most of the years since then and have even let myself be strung along for more than a year (without ever meeting) a few times since then, including multiple times on this (mostly) free site.

“Since you have had some past success IRL, makes sense to spend your spare time there going out to ALL your local special interest social groups and making more friends every month. You WILL eventually find someone compatible out there.”

In my 20s, maybe. Once you start circling around 40, you will discover there are very few unmarried women left, and the ones who are left are often unmarried for a reason, though some are just victims of a bad game of musical chairs. More importantly, if you and one other person are the only ones left in your social group that are unmarried, should you two just pair up because you’re the only ones left? Therein lies the allure of OLD: it’s the only place you can find most of the other musical chairs losers. But it is obviously only works properly for those who are truly musical chairs losers, and not those who are actually on OLD for other, less savory reasons.

NG: “Changing your height though -- remember... those who Already viewed you likely are not going to show up again -- by the system or by their familiarity.”

Yeah, but that proves my point: despite having that going against me, I STILL got many new views. To SOME extent, though, that’s because I appeared to be a “new” guy to tall women, since I naturally would never have shown up in their searches or matches before. However, most of my new views came from shorter women – which means they must have been previously excluding me from their searches just like the tall women.

“I get the vibe (could be wrong) that you're like a friend I had last decade, who was Content not getting girls because he didn't expect it. He actually felt some satisfaction (a 2nd/3rd place ribbon feeling) if he garnered a real cute gal's platonic interest.”

This is actually probably an adequate description of my situation. For most of my life, the only companionship I could get out of females was as platonic friends, so the close ones very well did became my substitute relationships. This was a pretty necessary evolution for survival, as I would have no real interactions with women at all if not for my friendships, so I don’t really see it as a negative, nor do I feel like they are dragging me down. If anything, their advice has been much more helpful than anything I’ve received from men – I don’t think most successful men understand why they are successful.

Ohenry: “One of the things I have learned is to not look so hard for a hook. I discovered that if a woman mentioned something specific in her profile, and I had some knowledge of that area, I could 9 times out of 10 engage her in a conversation. But that almost never worked out, wound up being a waste of time. Much better (for me, anyway) to just send a bland boring message, and if she responded, it was because she thought she might actually want to date me.”

That is an interesting observation. Actually, several women here, including Belle and WIP, have frequently mentioned they will respond to any interesting message they receive, even if it’s from men they would never date, just because they like the discussion – that’s what you really want to try to avoid and your strategy will probably do that. Yet at the same time, there are also many women who would never respond to a bland boring message, even if it was a guy they were attracted to, because they consider such contact insulting – it’s a more common theme in the forums than the dating site population in general, but I do run into some profiles that say, “You better send me an original message.” I feel like it’s worth the risk of getting stuck with a few time vampires because you might miss a good opportunity with an actual serious woman by just sending out a bunch of bland messages. But I’m far less likely to get a response than most men, so I have more time on my hands for time vampires anyway, so my perspective is probably different. Speaking of which...

“remember in the beginning I had to send 100 emails to get maybe, just maybe 3 responses and out of that, maybe, just maybe one date.”

If you’re thinking my 1-5% is pretty typical for a guy of any height or race on this site, you must understand one thing: most of that 1-5% are women I only contacted out of boredom or in hopes of an ego-stroke after tons of rejection, just to prove I could actually get a response. Plus there are the Belles and WIPs that respond to anyone. If I only emailed women I truly wanted to date, and only got responses from women who truly were attracted to me, it’s very likely my response rate would be lower than 0.1%. In fact, I think it’s happened once on this site in the past 2 or 3 years, and we’re undoubtedly talking about 2000+ first contact emails in that amount of time.

Pig: “I hear more guys in the real world speak of not liking taller women than I do women not liking shorter men.”

I feel like this is because (a) you are not a short man (b) most of your best friends aren’t women. When I’m in groups of nothing but females, I will inevitably hear them discuss the attractiveness of men and for whatever reason, even with them knowing I’m sitting right there, they never have any problem saying stuff like “If only he wasn’t so short.” My best friend herself has actually gotten to the point where she will change the direction of the conversation if that happens because she knows it depresses me.

I’ve also NEVER heard a guy say a woman was too tall, outside of a WNBA player – I mean, 5’10, 6 foot, most guys are fine with those (they have “legs for days”) – sure, many guys are into thinner women, which includes petite women, but go to Match and see how many guys have a maximum height preference that’s shorter than about 6 feet (most men don’t select any height parameters at all). BUT I also don’t have any short male friends, so maybe those do complain about tall women. I don’t – I agree with Ouija, tall women and short men do seem to empathize with each other quite well and I’ve had some really close female friends over the years who were around 6 feet tall. But that still doesn’t mean they’re going to date short men, and I don’t bother trying. I almost never contact tall women on dating sites, mostly because it’s just a statistically-proven waste of time, not because I have something against tall women.

LeGrande: “It is the very tall guys with the very petite women that I find amusing.”

Some of my tall female friends have expressed annoyance when coming across this arrangement because “they’re taking all the tall men!” It has led to an imbalance that is most noticeable on dating websites, as there are a disproportionate number of tall women and short men on them. Hence, the frustration.

Ouija: “I have noticed young women are getting taller.”

Yeah, that’s true. Very annoyingly so. I’m sure it’s mostly improved diets, but the above paragraph is not helpful either – in fact, in this Darwinian world of ours, tall men on average procreate more than short men (as single women of all heights sit around waiting for a tall guy to become free... or sometimes don’t wait), therefore leading to more tall children.

Peas: “Short passions”

Yeah, I’ve known about that for many years, and I refuse. That’s like “Black people meet.” Or “Jew-date.” Except much worse – any woman attracted to short men has serious mental problems, as it’s not even a fetish – it’s true deviant behavior. The women I have dated either didn’t care about height or decided I was worth dating despite my height. Any woman actively seeking short men needs immediate psychiatric attention and should not be walking among the general population. Sad, sick women.

“Oh, and something you can try - I have no idea if it's just coincidence (but I'm inclined to think it's not), because I still don't really know the ins and outs of this site, but you could try creating another profile. Since making this one, my views and messages have gone through the roof.”

My profile is 8.5 years old. I’m sure it is a drag on this site, based on my knowledge of how it works. But I have younger, even new profiles on other sites, and the results are the same. Plus, I just don’t give a damn anymore. I’m just arguing here to be arguing. You don't actually think I care anymore what happens to me, do you?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/7/2015 7:28:44 AM

Ouija: “I have noticed young women are getting taller.”

Yeah, that’s true. Very annoyingly so. I’m sure it’s mostly improved diets

I don't think our diet has improved. We're eating more crap than ever and if kids are getting taller it's because of all the hormones they're putting in food. Tall does not necessarily equate to healthy.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/7/2015 7:41:07 AM

Tall does not necessarily equate to healthy.

That may be true. But...according to the majority of short male posters here it can certainly lead to more dates. +1 for taller people. :)
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/7/2015 7:52:33 AM
Tall waives some extra inches at the waist :)
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/7/2015 7:55:07 AM
Before I came to this forum I didn't even know that women cared so much about a man's height. My observation is that in real life men and women of all shapes and sizes date and get married.
 Peas_
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/7/2015 7:58:26 AM
For Hawk:

https://youtu.be/dGBYPs9Xvgc

Joey C. was pretty kewl.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/7/2015 8:01:08 AM

Before I came to this forum I didn't even know that women cared so much about a man's height.

Neither did I.

I have some shorter male friends that couldn't get dates and wondered why.

I told them they'd fair better offline where lists weren't being used to search for people.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 215
Posted: 8/7/2015 8:03:51 AM

I told them they'd fair better offline where lists weren't being used to search for people.

Exactly!
 07songsungblue
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/7/2015 8:20:28 AM

Tall waives some extra inches at the waist :)

And elsewhere. :-)

I'm barely 5'1" and my husband was 6'2" and it was never a big deal, he like short gals. He would also stare at tall blondes and I didn't the staring. Many of us stare or glace at someone attractive or striking.

Height does not matter to me but I do say, I do look at the taller guy first. Its just like guys look at boobs...there is just something about them that draws your eyes.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 217
Posted: 8/7/2015 8:40:51 AM

Height does not matter to me but I do say, I do look at the taller guy first. Its just like guys look at boobs...there is just something about them that draws your eyes.

It probably begins for either gender as a baby :

The female baby sees her father as tall ( even a short man will seem tall to a baby ), and understands instinctually that his role is to be her protector = a GOOD thing.

The male baby sucks his mom's breasts for milk and understands that this gives him nourishment = a GOOD thing .

To both genders these things stick with us the rest of our lives - for the woman, the taller = the more protected she will feel/for the man, the bigger the breasts the more satisfied he will be.

But hey, it's Friday and I'm hungover.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2015 8:42:41 AM

A friend of mine I've known for 30 years claims to not be attracted to tall women .... this f*cker looks like Don Knotts strung out on meth. So, perhaps he's casting the illusion that no one is good enough for *him*

I think he's taking a comfort-zone preference and turning it around into a (faux) nixing... mimicing a gal and her nixing of guys shorter than she, to prove his worth. Especially if he's not a very attractive fish in the sea. One's going feel more intimidated with a tall woman. Whatever she is (ugly or hot), it's amplified. If you were to take a real cute gal at 5'5", turn her into a 5'10" gal all dolled up with a fancy, long red dress, okay -- he's denying it. Say she sits next to him at the bar, chit-chatting, then flirting, then after a few drinks expressing how she's DTF. Assuming he most definitely would if she was 5'5", he would Certainly do the exact same thing happily in his mind. It's even more a 'conquest'. But is he going to get a hot tall gal? Chances are very small; he knows that. With that intimidation too, it's got negative vibes attached to it. He would feel more Comfortable chasing or garnering a gal's interest who's not tall, sure. To protect his masculinity/ego, it's pre-emptive sour-grapes, I'm sure.

I gave my last date 3 years to decide to meet me ..... and I’ve certainly been somewhat optimistic most of the years since then and have even let myself be strung along for more than a year (without ever meeting) a few times since then

Hawking, you realize that this has worn down your mentality, right? You've been exposed to the online game for a good while. Rule #1: Don't go the pen-pal route. Only idiots do that with an expectation of romance. It'd be like a Don Knotts on meth trying to get an attractive taller woman in a fancy restaurant. Not going to work, but instead for circumstantial reasons (among others). Especially when you're a short guy and haven't had much luck in the dating circuit! It wore down your POV, which unfortunately is a stubborn one merely because you've "been around" for a good while (not a good reason when results are less than they should be year after year and spent years doing things only some newbies would do).

Actually, several women here, including Belle and WIP, have frequently mentioned they will respond to any interesting message they receive, even if it’s from men they would never date, just because they like the discussion – that’s what you really want to try to avoid and your strategy will probably do that.

It's better than a bland message. At the same time, you don't have to 'craft' any special message to a gal that takes more than a minute to type out (hey, you write tons o words, too; I can say that!). And with many cute women, writing nothing more than "I like to laugh, camp, and travel," it should take under 15 seconds with a pretty classic/pre-ordered message for stat purposes. Going back to gals who will respond to anything interesting, yeah, there is that -- but Don't have the Penpaling-is-ok mentality. If they're too 'busy' to meet after a few days of banter here and there, but them in the back of the bus on your time spent. And play 'zone', not 'man to man' (sports analogy). Don't put all your stock into chatting with a cute gal and ignore hitting other gals up, etc. Your goal is to meat women. :)

Yeah, but that proves my point: despite having that going against me, I STILL got many new views. To SOME extent, though, that’s because I appeared to be a “new” guy to tall women

But you'd be Shocked that even without a height change, a new profile, and shifting your primary photo to another, would do the same thing. I'm saying that one of your previous posts saying you still "only" got X views @ 6 feet would change by A Lot More with a new profile and different primary photo, than just a temporary height change on this one sitting since '07. Point being: Yours wasn't a full test.

For most of my life, the only companionship I could get out of females was as platonic friends, so the close ones very well did became my substitute relationships. This was a pretty necessary evolution for survival, as I would have no real interactions with women at all if not for my friendships, so I don’t really see it as a negative, nor do I feel like they are dragging me down

That's fine to have had that happen. But when it defines your female-intereaction, no, the by-product of that has implicitly dragged you down. It's Not necessary for evolution for survival (literally or in the dating world). A social guy like yourself is going to obviously get female banter, female social-group friends, and even a 1-on-1 female friend here and there from time to time. It's not a 2nd/3rd place ribbon. When it feels like Something was done in the realm of dating, and that it's a positive by-product in reference to the dating world (when one isn't going to be female-interaction free anyway) -- that's when it IS a negative. Not them -- but your mindset/your mentality. Need to change that, man!

You have to realize that people's biases don't become true because they've been-around for a while, in such a subjective manner. You need to take the blue pill, made and manufactured Not by you ... even though you think it's hogwash. How good has the red pill done for ya?
 07songsungblue
Msg: 219
Posted: 8/7/2015 9:15:00 AM

But hey, it's Friday and I'm hungover.

Lol. Your guess is as good as any. At least you're honest and didn't spend an hour writing a thesis that few will read.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 220
Posted: 8/7/2015 9:26:31 AM

At least you're honest and didn't spend an hour writing a thesis that few will read.

LOL -Why would I do that unless I was getting PAID ?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2015 9:54:20 AM
My Hawking reply is at the bottom.

That's fine to have had that happen. But when it defines your female-intereaction, no, the by-product of that has implicitly dragged you down. It's Not necessary for evolution for survival (literally or in the dating world). A social guy like yourself is going to obviously get female banter, female social-group friends, and even a 1-on-1 female friend here and there from time to time. It's not a 2nd/3rd place ribbon. When it feels like Something was done in the realm of dating, and that it's a positive by-product in reference to the dating world (when one isn't going to be female-interaction free anyway) -- that's when it IS a negative. Not them -- but your mindset/your mentality. Need to change that, man!

+1..I have told him that a few times. Time to get wings!

You need to take the blue pill, made and manufactured Not by you ... even though you think it's hogwash. How good has the red pill done for ya?

Now you are talking about Viagra again? I thought Pfizer made that!

Wha? Of course I am not mad at you. I thought you didn't have access to the forums.

I can see why you could have thought that, my bad!

This doesn’t necessarily mean they are using the “online now” feature. When you log-in, you are also moved to the top of the search engines; a woman who has just completed a search right after you log in will find you at the top of her search results. The only way you can know for certain how women are finding your profile is if they tell you (obvious exception: Meet Me).

That could certainly be true, although I had women say they "just spotted me online", but I myself NEVER did searches and only used the online now so, I might be a bit bias. But with all the thousands logging in my area at any given moment I find it hard that I would be anywhere near the top of the search minutes after I log in.

Regardless, the number of unsolicited views a male gets is perhaps the most meaningful stat on the site as far as judging how interested women are in someone like him. If you’re getting a lot of views and no messages, then that means most women are actually looking for someone like you, but you have a terrible profile. If you’re getting lots of views and messages, that means women are looking for someone like you and you have not shot yourself in the foot with your profile. If you have almost no views, that means most women are not looking for someone like you.

Not exactly true in all cases. For one thing , I would say about 50% of profiles are hidden and you will never know if they checked you out or not. So with the remaining 50%, they could be checking you out as a result of seeing your main in the "online now" or matches. They can be checking you out because they saw you on "meet me". They can even be checking you out because they saw you on forums. Plenty of forum lurkers here. One of my closest forum friends favored me even before she posted her 1st post!

Point is, YOU don't know where the unsolicited views are coming from exactly. Most people I would venture don't, but I won't agree that all, or even most come from the search function. Not in all cases anyway.

At the end of the day , it doesn't really matter. I can have 30 views in one day and NOT one gal initiated with me. But on another day have 6 views and 1 sent a message. More often than no,t the messages come from women who I can't even see in the view me section.
Regardless, most women don't initiate and, like IG said, it is left up to you to get the ball rolling.

I’ve been in a number of related threads with you (same show, different channel—“All in the Family!”), and in some of those you’ve admitted that even when you have a complete joke profile or one that strongly discourages women from contacting due to your relationship status, you still have get “annoyed” with frequent messages, because, as many have pointed out, either those people don’t read the profiles or they do but think they can convince you to date them anyway. So you’re obviously getting solicited views when your profile isn’t hidden, because you can’t get unwanted messages without unsolicited views (though some women may contact you in stealth mode, but that’s beside the point). You’re either not paying attention or you’re very forgetful.

So what? That is only relevant for situations where girls initiate 1st. If you send messages 1st they will view you. Also imho when a guy writes "I am here just for forum", "please don't write me" or "something along the lines"..they are probably doing it to make their GF feel better, more secure or "something" like that , probably because their GF reads the forum in many cases and perhaps in some cases has jealous streaks even. I don't think it is because they can't handle the "large volume" of messages coming, in or that they feel guilty for not replying, since most guys don't write women rejection messages when actively searching anyway, and these forum posters are generally not on the main site anyway. But women don't necessarily comply with the directions in a profile. Human nature, in my experience, many people often do the exact opposite of what you tell them to do( maced many in my life just for that lol) and those women are viewing their profiles because they liked the main pic and/or profile title, if that is indeed view able.

*If you don't believe me about the non compliance, just ask the females here if they ever receive messages that don't COMPLY to warnings that were stated in their profile.Often it feels like people aren't reading at all. :P
 south_city
Msg: 222
Posted: 8/7/2015 10:10:04 AM

Remember the pro volleyball player Gabrielle Reece? She's 6'3''. I don't care if he's 4'11'', 5'11'', or 6'11'', any guy who would turn THAT down is a f*cking idiot.

A few years ago, I was at a women's beach volleyball event. Several of the women there were fairly tall, fit and attractive. I don't think many straight and single men would turn them down. I'm not attracted to many WNBA players. But if Elena Delle Donne ( 6' 5" ) asked me out, I would quickly say yes.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/7/2015 10:10:21 AM

Regardless, the number of unsolicited views a male gets is perhaps the most meaningful stat on the site as far as judging how interested women are in someone like him.

I find this to be completely ludicrous. It reflects nothing, it amounts to nothing. A man makes his own luck by approaching, not by waiting for someone to approach. YOu can have very high numbers of unsolicited women but that only means you're good looking, yet that does not translate into dates. What translates into dates is approaching.

To use the above as the reason, or really "excuse" for you lack of dates with women, it's a cop out. Go and approach. Go and get rejected, but go. Eventually something will stick, and it's not going to be the one that looked at your profile first.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/7/2015 10:40:33 AM

*If you don't believe me about the non compliance, just ask the females here if they ever receive messages that don't COMPLY to warnings that were stated in their profile.Often it feels like people aren't reading at all. :P

LOL, NO kidding!
Shortly after meeting my BF, from a "paid for", OLD site, I changed my profile heading to read, "I found my biker honey". I included in the "about me" section, "I am no longer free to meet, ........ AND I hid my profile. AND YET I continued to be contacted with a "Flirt" or a 1st message.

I had a one year paid membership, I stayed on the site to use the Forums, (What a joke)

I continued to receive an occasional "Flirt" or 1st message.

BOTH of us have since closed our memberships, (I was given a refund) deleted our profiles, terminated any use or connection to this site and YET...............From either my laptop, his laptop or his phone you can still find both of us on this OLD site. From our profiles we both always, appear to have been on line in the past week.
I use his laptop, I see his phone, he sees me on my laptop, and ......LOL I keep him busy!

NO, people do not read, accept what they read, (HERE and elsewhere,) if indeed they do read, AND .........WTH? Paid for OLD sites are "up to no good!" Grrrr!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2015 10:58:02 AM

Now you are talking about Viagra again? I thought Pfizer made that!

No I'm not -- but the bill pill can be laced with Viagra. But not the red one that he keeps taking. The blue one can, because it'll take Balls. Ya mine as well be rewarded with an unsolicited hard-on if you're going to get some balls and tackle the dating world for real (and not just counting visible views, start a pen-pal, and enjoy friend-zones as a sense of half-reward).

Not exactly true in all cases. For one thing , I would say about 50% of profiles are hidden and you will never know if they checked you out or not. So with the remaining 50%, they could be checking you out as a result of seeing your main in the "online now" or matches.

Yeah, many who do view, ya didn't know. And just because they viewed you, doesn't mean they're ga-ga. I'll go back to my original point tho: Make a new profile, change the main pic and make sure it doesn't make you appear short in reference, ditch a couple of the photos, semi-fib on your height by an inch and wear some unnoticeable lifts and go by that height, and change the name to HawkingSr. Views can be an indicator. Use Meet Me.

Hawking, if someone offered you $5 million dollars to your bank account AND a $50 million budget to make any movie you want, with full control, and to be released in all major theaters from a big studio company -- but you had to land dates with girls in your area off POF, would you say "Naw man, sorry. Can't do it. I've tried. I've figured it out, can't be done. Nope."? Suddenly how to tackle things would be seen in a different light. You'd be more open to take others' POVs as true at least to a decent extent. And your results Would change. Not only that, afterward, you'd realize that it WASN'T as tough as you thought -- just adjusting was the TOUGH part, but that whole prize $$ and movie opportunity made it not so tough. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Profile errors, height, values, and the kitchen sink.