Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Should you move..... A fairy tale....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seki1949
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Should you move..... A fairy tale.... Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

It's funny, how in some places-especially in remote smaller towns,

I have had my cabin 19 years. I'm still the 'New Guy'. There is hope: One more 'Old Timer' death and I think I will be promoted!
 bye4now
Msg: 76
Should you move..... A fairy tale....
Posted: 7/8/2015 11:11:40 AM
hi lady,
don't know if i should participate here being that you have restrictions on who you accept messages from....
Anywayz....
you are quite adorable and gather love from the community. I know that feeling, and I know that, more is warranted t be complete.
should you pack up and leave? sell the house? move close to the sea?
No you shouldn't. when you're alone, the city can keep you aware and alive when life's hidden treasures are hidden from you.
I submit that you work on combating the lack of companionship first and then let chemistry move you around. Until it happens stay alive in the city.
the bay takes breath away because serenity is a form of surrender. It indicates the same. LAy-back, relax and peace out....
thats know fun alone..depression can occur earlier due to lack of city life and more boring life/chances for life..
focus! its not that hard. You're an adorable lady. create companionship....
make that your par-time job. to fulllfill part of your life.!

-tee
 sealady111
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/8/2015 3:23:52 PM
^^^ Thank you.
But I do not have restrictions.

Any restrictions must be those set by POF.
 bye4now
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/8/2015 9:39:07 PM
ahhh true? you should definitely check things out on your profile and even get in touch with pof if you have to...

this is what I got when trying to send that message to you directly: sealady111 accepts messages only from certain users. Why not message one of your Matches instead? Return to your inbox

cheers!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/8/2015 9:46:30 PM

usa_dwnunder:
ahhh true? you should definitely check things out on your profile and even get in touch with pof if you have to...

this is what I got when trying to send that message to you directly: sealady111 accepts messages only from certain users. Why not message one of your Matches instead? Return to your inbox

cheers!

There's is nothing POF will do...... You have more than a 14 year age gap, & the owner of POF has decided that He won't let You contact Her.... As you're 37 by Your Profile the Oldest Person You can contact on here is 51 years old...

Diana is Right, it's POF's Settings, not Hers, blocking Your Email.........
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/9/2015 11:32:12 AM

Should she sell and move?

How about what WE are going to do. First of all, fix the house a little better, then since it's in a highly coveted area of town, rent it. The rent will provide enough money to pay for the mortgage, property taxes, plus enough money to rent an Apartment in Spain, plus some extra money to pay for other things.
 bye4now
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/11/2015 7:56:13 AM

There's is nothing POF will do...... You have more than a 14 year age gap, & the owner of POF has decided that He won't let You contact Her.... As you're 37 by Your Profile the Oldest Person You can contact on here is 51 years old...

Diana is Right, it's POF's Settings, not Hers, blocking Your Email.........

thnks! Blue eys... so Pof controls it, but blames it on her hey..saying that she only accepts...bla bla bla...
but its okay either way...just thougt what I had to say should have been said personally.. not that it was insulting, but ageing successfully & lonelyness
is a important factor and a personal conversation I think, should she have wanted to talk about it...... so nursing teaches us anyways...

anyway cheers!
 bye4now
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/11/2015 8:06:36 AM
Inner Gorilla

How about what WE are going to do. First of all, fix the house a little better, then since it's in a highly coveted area of town, rent it. The rent will provide enough money to pay for the mortgage, property taxes, plus enough money to rent an Apartment in Spain, plus some extra money to pay for other things.

now gorilla, I would love to attend your wedding in spain... you guy look like a cute match !
however, be careful, this is modern Spain... youre not gonna get to do all that on a letteing fee....
these days, your luck to get the morgage paid (if there is one) and get maintenance and running cost covered as well...
certainly not another unit and spending money... I think you better bring your cash to the table as well... hahahah
hope that doesnt put you off the lovely idea... ahaha (smile)
 alizone
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2015 9:09:57 PM
The SeaLady should do what makes her happy!!!!
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:33:12 AM

however, be careful, this is modern Spain... youre not gonna get to do all that on a letteing fee....

Dude, please elaborate. Is there something I don't know? We will be renting to begin with, not buying. I also have family in Bilbao and Barcelona, so they seemed to be okay with the idea. We would be going to Cartagena, which is by what we have been reading a poorer area of Spain, thus less expensive. But because of the flux of cultures, it has a huge heritage of Moors, Jews, Christians, Roma. It's big in Flamenco, which was the key word I said to my gf when dating and she loves it. It's a culinary mecca, where Tapas originated (not sure about this fact but my gf said so..LOL). And it has a huge expat community, which interestingly enough includes also Australians.
 somekinda_wonderful
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2015 9:45:23 PM
When I first divorced, I bought a townhouse in a family complex, what a huge mistake. Maybe 50 units and I was the only single person, I actually heard a wife tell her husband he was no longer allowed to talk to me. I lasted a year, sold and moved downtown, more eclectic and single orientated. It was a great decision, more in tune with who I was at that time.

That was nearly 15 years ago, a few more moves in between and on Tuesday the movers are coming to put everything in storage and I'm off to Mexico for two years, not as sure its a great decision, but it will be one hell of an adventure. Its a mid retirement, too young and poor for real retirement, but nearly four years ago I watched my husband die much too young, he never got his retirement, golfing and fishing, and he really wanted to move to BC. I have a chance now to explore some of my dreams, if I wait till I'm 65 it may be too late. Now as far as dating goes, it doesn't, women outnumber men about 7 to 1, but I'm going for other reasons. On that note, gentlemen who are looking to retire in a temperate climate where the women are tripping over each other, need to look into this ;)

SeaLady, I certainly can't tell you what's best for you, only you know that, just sharing some of my past decisions with location, location, location :)
Whatever you decide to do, embrace it, and make it work for you
 Seki1949
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 12:44:52 AM
Sealady,

Have you considered Central California? Just a thought. Although it could morph into the Oregon Coast.

Bestes.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 6:07:18 AM
I am Australian and have been to Spain twice. I love it. My ancestor was first Spanish settler in Australia but he was probably more Basque in actual fact and born in San Sebastian. The climate there can be similar to what we have here in many places. I have had more than one Spanish lover that I met here and I just prefer latino types....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Should you move..... A fairy tale....