Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The confederate flag debate.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 51
The confederate flag debate.Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Ford , Edison , Linbergh , Firestone . All , racially and zio aware. All, White Nationalist .

All dead.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 52
The confederate flag debate.
Posted: 7/9/2015 5:19:54 AM

All dead .

And so are the future's of White children in a nation such as canada. Could this be White geNOcide or perhaps suicide? Sadly , certain winos (Whites in name only) are conspiring against the futures of our children. How do you envision a world of an embattled White minority? Certain apologist posters can hardly wait to be culturally demolished.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/9/2015 5:43:35 AM

Could this be White geNOcide or perhaps suicide?

1. Could it be you are a nutter?

or

2. Could it be you are just a troll?

or

3. Could it be that you and your derp should just be ignored by all people on POF going forward?

Personally I am going with #3.
 deetristate
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/9/2015 5:51:29 AM
Biala- Who decided to not have children and should you fault others for continuing to have them?
 BialaPolska
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/9/2015 6:08:08 AM
Dee , Good Morning. As we have previously discussed. Oddly, both races share many of the same issues. Drugs , crime . immigration , race mixing , infanticide. A certain group is weaponizing us all. Remeber , "zero population growth"? Sadly, Blacks and Whites took this to heart. Infanticde. Who instills and promotes such anti social behavior? The media. Who owns the media? Do you think the banks are insincere at best? Me too. Hmmmmm. So , whats your spin on Goldman Sachs?
 Mummymania
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/9/2015 7:53:03 AM
Biala, I'm still looking for info on the tenth amendment and how it supports your views on segregation. Please educate Me.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/9/2015 10:37:24 AM
Again , Mummy , James Madison was intent on States having Rights. This can all be googled ; Confederates were just latter day Framers. Fighting for Freedom to Secede. Do you think LBJ had a zio mother? I ask because after the JFK murder a sudden escalation of zio presence suddenly appeared in the South. Like an invasion. Seeking once again to intrude Southern Culture and weaponize a segment of society.
 Mummymania
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/9/2015 11:48:06 AM
States in deed have rights. What has this to do with segregation, which you assert is allowed by the tenth amendment? I was hoping you could explain what one has to do with the other. Please stop being the invisible man and show yourself.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/9/2015 1:30:41 PM
Voters of states should be able to determine the extent they would like to integrate. If at all. Taxation should be determined as well at the state level. Thus giving ALL Freedom of Association and freedom from taxation without representation. This would greatly speed up the balkanization process that the nation is now experiencing. Visible enough?
 Mummymania
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/9/2015 2:35:27 PM
What you think voters of states should be able to do has nothing to do with whether the tenth amendment gives them the right to do so. You just make stuff up. No wonder you are completely invisible. But I have to thank you for reminding me that there is a white supremacist movement. Its a shame nobody pays any attention to you all though. You guys are always good for a few laughs. I would watch if I knew you would be on comedy central.
 trinity818
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/9/2015 3:12:24 PM

You guys are always good for a few laughs

I'm not laughing. I think they are fvcked up scary a-holes.
 8inscrew
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/9/2015 3:30:39 PM
Aww the old leather nun is just a trollin.

You know, posting inflammatory remarks to get maximum response.
Wonder how many other names it has had?
 HawkingJr
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2015 4:08:07 PM
“What has this to do with segregation, which you assert is allowed by the tenth amendment?”

Even if this was ever true, constitutional clauses and amendments are superseded by successive amendments that deal with the same subject matter, which is only logical (after all, it would make no sense for the 18th amendment prohibiting the production and selling of alcohol to supersede the 21st amendment repealing the 18th amendment).

It would take quite a reactionary person to read the tenth amendment as not allowing the federal government to interfere with states’ laws regulating race relations because that power is not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution as a federal domain (particularly considering the ninth amendment declares that people have rights not listed in the Constitution, rights ultimately left up to the interpretation of the Supreme Court via Article 3 and made the “law of the land” by the Supremacy Clause), but regardless, the 14th amendment explicitly denies state governments the right to “make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States,” and it therefore supersedes the tenth amendment.

Of course, now he will argue that the 14th amendment was illegally ratified. I don’t have all day to get into that debate – law school students spend entire semesters on that particular issue. However, if the 14th amendment was illegally ratified, then so was the 13th, and if you’re going to argue that slavery should still be legal as a result, well, then, I guess that tells us about all we need to know about Confederate sympathizers.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/9/2015 4:23:32 PM
Aaannnd... It's done...

Nothing left for the racists but the crying...

Confederate flag removal bill signed by South Carolina governor
Flag scheduled to be taken down Friday morning

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/confederate-flag-removal-bill-signed-by-south-carolina-governor-1.3144309
 flyguy51
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/9/2015 9:06:55 PM

Confederate flag removal bill signed by South Carolina governor
Flag scheduled to be taken down Friday morning.

Constitutional republican democracy in action. Too many do not understand how that all works...
 cotter
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2015 10:44:39 AM
Ha!!!

Not only is the flag gone, but I heard they plan to remove the flag pole still today as well.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/10/8928129/confederate-flag-south-carolina
Crowd chants "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" as the Confederate flag falls in SC.

IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2015 2:52:57 PM
Something amusing to me about this...

the Republicans are trying to take full political credit for this.

Despite the fact that one short election cycle ago, the same people were siding with South Carolina KEEPING the flag, "on account of States Rights being so important to Republicans."
 HawkingJr
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2015 3:10:55 PM
"Despite the fact that one short election cycle ago, the same people were siding with South Carolina KEEPING the flag, 'on account of States Rights being so important to Republicans.'"

They might have a minor point -- after all, it's not like the federal government made South Carolina Republicans take down the flag, so both keeping the flag up and taking it down were victories for states' rights. Though arguably they did this entirely for P.R. purposes. As much as I dislike my home state's current governor, there's a pretty good argument what Bentley did was a lot more courageous than what Haley & friends did, because Bentley wasn't leading a state where the triggering tragedy occurred, so he could have much more easily ignored the outcry -- if there even was one in Alabama.

And that likely would have been the politically smart thing to do, because I can tell you right now in both Alabama and South Carolina, the overall public is still overwhelmingly pro-Confederate flag and are very mad about what those states have done. However, both Bentley and Haley are in their second and final terms, so just as long as they had no interest in pursuing another office (such as U.S. Senator), they could pretty much do whatever their conscience told them to. I congratulate them both on having a conscience. It will be interesting to see how the South Carolina voters treat the non-term-limited Republican legislators next year, though.
Posted: 7/10/2015 4:35:10 PM
Well, this really sucks - all this information being presented, I wish I knew what the truth of history really is. Lots of compelling angles and depth, but no way to really know how it all really was.

(And I even mean with going through history books and personal journals, etc, seems to still be a bit of decrypting. Unless I was to become a history geek dedicating all my time to studying it, which I'm just not going to do.)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/10/2015 4:42:39 PM

I wish I knew what the truth of history really is

The truth of American history is that the confederates were traitors to the republic and slavery was the staple of the society and economy that they wished to preserve...much longer than the enactment of the 13th amendment
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2015 5:27:25 PM

They might have a minor point -- after all, it's not like the federal government made South Carolina Republicans take down the flag, so both keeping the flag up and taking it down were victories for states' rights.

If they actually DID support states rights, I'd respect that. They proved conclusively that they don't when they pushed through the DOMA, overruling the states' traditional decisions on marriage.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2015 11:11:40 PM
I wonder what atticus finch would make of this flag debate then?

"The depiction of Atticus in “Watchman” makes for disturbing reading, and for “Mockingbird” fans, it’s especially disorienting. Scout is shocked to find, during her trip home, that her beloved father, who taught her everything she knows about fairness and compassion, has been affiliating with raving anti-integration, anti-black crazies, and the reader shares her horror and confusion. How could the saintly Atticus — described early in the book in much the same terms as he is in “Mockingbird” — suddenly emerge as a bigot? Suggestions about changing times and the polarizing effects of the civil rights movement seem insufficient when it comes to explaining such a radical change, and the reader, like Scout, cannot help feeling baffled and distressed."
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/11/books/review-harper-lees-go-set-a-watchman-gives-atticus-finch-a-dark-side.html?_r=0&referrer=

Watching sky news this morning our liberal types are all over the place in shock because auld atty used to attend klan rallies.

Ach well
 deetristate
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/12/2015 4:06:51 AM
DOMA?
Jerome's law.

The law was for federal purposes.
No different from federal tax code definitions as opposed to state tax codes.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/12/2015 8:29:09 AM
Nope, Dee--the Federal Tax Code goes alongside the state tax codes--Does NOT tell the states how much state tax they can collect.
 J3LV3HL_WV3JP
Msg: 75
frankly, ms skawlit..someone might give a damn
Posted: 7/12/2015 9:50:54 AM
Why is it that 99.999% of the people who rage about "the Confederate flag" don't seem to realize that the flag in question is NOT the Confederate flag? It was the Tennessee Army battle flag.

And those people talk about ignorance...

Personally, I've had one since I was in HS, roughly 30 years ago. It does not symbolize "racism" to me, not in the least.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The confederate flag debate.