Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The confederate flag debate.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 126
view profile
History
frankly, ms skawlit..someone might give a damnPage 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

^^^Well, aren't you just the epitome of southern charm and grace.

I have something you obviously dont. EMPATHY and grace.
I would have ripped off bubba brothers offensive flag off his truck myself.
Then again ,my brother would have never been so offensive .

Frankly, I've grown tired of your bashing everything I post. I was merely trying to have a discussion about a touchy subject -- not "trying to start something" as you so eloquently put it. I was not going to respond to your post, but I'm tired of you bullying me and anyone else who doesn't share your opinion.

FRANKLY I dont give a dam miss scawlit.Im not bullying you at all.

You freely admit "its touchy "at the least ,so weren't completely ignorant of the possible posts and feelings it would bring up. So if you are going to continue posting such things, you will continue to get what you get.

If you don't like what I post, there are a million other threads that you can post in

I dont have the time you do to read much less post to a million other threads.
This one was specifically pointed out to me ( I didn't search for it) because they know what an painful,emotional yet inspiring time this has been and all these events here have affected so many of us that care here in the south and esp SC that have occurred that finally brought that offensive dinosaur down.
 Orione7
Msg: 127
frankly, ms skawlit..someone might give a damn
Posted: 7/16/2015 9:30:55 AM
America should have stayed with England..... then at least they would have a system that works..
Aus will change its flag and become a republic sooner or later... the demographics are changing.
 Your_Move
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2015 10:47:03 AM

FRANKLY I dont give a dam miss scawlit.Im not bullying you at all.

Of course you are.

So if you are going to continue posting such things, you will continue to get what you get.

One would hope someone with empathy and grace could reply to something 'touchy' without needing to go over the top to the point of bullying, but...

I have something you obviously dont. EMPATHY and grace.
but then also:
I take offense that you can be so ignorant
What it means to others, not YOU is whats important.
You are NOT southern.
I have a million things I could say to you/your post but choose not too. You wouldn't get it ,or worse wouldn't care to.

Y'all have a funny way of showing grace and empathy there. Someone with EMPATHY could disagree with her view, while still understanding it in her context, and someone with grace could say why they disagreed with it, without namecalling or bullying - and they'd see that what it means to her is as important as what it means to others; and that calling someone ignorant does nothing to bridge the divide between it's meaning to her vs you.
 robaustralia
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/16/2015 1:40:43 PM

actually I said that if you have the Queen on your money you're a Brit, that was in reference as to how Australians attempt to make claims that they aren't Brits or still ruled by the British Empire

Just like Americans claim they are not ruled by God . Even though they have "In God We Trust" on their currency. How God appointed a gay President has really got me baffled though.

Anyway as the Pope claims he can speak directly to God is why your President seeks advice from the Pope. So in effect America is ruled by the Pope.
 gtomustang
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/16/2015 1:44:12 PM
so, a whackjob shoots 9 people while wrapping himself in the ConFlag, and we all get warned not to jump to conclusions, that the flag can't represent the thoughts of one crazy man...but now a dude shoots 4 Marines, and we'll soon be told to jump to conclusions about a range of people and that we better take down anything that symbolizes them.

hmm.
 funchesf
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/16/2015 5:33:03 PM

deetristate
""""sentenced to hard labour in the colonies?"""

sounds like a criminal.

since Australia is a penal colony ..if you commit a crime you're not a criminal.....that makes you a citizen

Orione7
America should have stayed with England

their tea tax is too high

HalftimeDad
Actually New York was pretty much a loyalist city during your revolution. I've seen American historians argue that the American revolution should be more accurately describes as a civil war.

I was referring to those New Yorkers that was posing as loyalist but were actually spies for General Washington, like "The Culper Ring"

Robaustralia Just like Americans claim they are not ruled by God . Even though they have "In God We Trust" on their currency.

which only proves that Australia's royal anthem "God Save The Queen" are Australians praying to America to help them keep "Queen Liz" and stay a British Commonwealth
 vlad dracul
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2015 10:56:17 PM
Jings it looks like englandshire is embroiled in a flag debate. The area of the midlands know as the black country being the criminal.

"Political activist Patrick Vernon OBE described the flag as ‘offensive and insensitive’ and said its chains were a ‘disturbing’ image of an industry that profited from the transatlantic slave trade and colonial rule in Africa.
His comments - today dismissed as ‘political correctness garbage’ - came as thousands of people celebrated the region’s history over the weekend in The Black Country Festival and Cradley Heath’s Women’s Chainmakers’ Festival.
Annual Black Country Day celebrations take place tomorrow."
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015/07/13/black-country-flag-offensive-and-insensitive-says-leading-racism-campaigner/flag-5-pm-21/

He is of course getting absolute pelters for being a daftie.

Yule
We indeed wimped out of the referendum. But next time and i think within the next 10 years we will be independant. The result at the general
election where the elitist labour party lost all but one mp shows a massive swing against the liars.

Fun
We do not have any images of the queen on our money mate. £5, 10, 20, 50, 100 notes are queen free.
The union flag is not the flag of england mate. It amalgamated the st andrews, st patricks and st georges flag .

"The origins of the earlier flag of Great Britain date back to 1606. James VI of Scotland had inherited the English and Irish thrones in 1603 as James I, thereby uniting the crowns of England, Scotland, and Ireland in a personal union, although the three kingdoms remained separate states. On 12 April 1606, a new flag to represent this regal union between England and Scotland was specified in a royal decree, according to which the flag of England (a red cross on a white background, known as St George's Cross), and the flag of Scotland (a white saltire on a blue background, known as the Saltire or St Andrew's Cross), would be joined together, forming the flag of England and Scotland for maritime purposes. King James also began to refer to a "Kingdom of Great Britaine", although the union remained a personal one."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack

ANOTHER good wee snippet from VD.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 133
view profile
History
The confederate flag debate.
Posted: 7/17/2015 4:39:12 AM

Y'all have a funny way of showing grace and empathy there.

I dont disagree I was hostile about the post.

Grace by definition is biblical or in how we move.
Grace here in the south is meant to be gracious unless we are in church or watching ballet.
Grace is making ALL who come into your home, pass by your home/yard or see your bumper stickers, flags & T shirts, is not to offend or hurt others.How you act towards others to make them feel good while in your presence/home..

Not my job with her or on the forums when an idiotic thing is said that I know one of such an age should know better than to say.

The OP could have worded HER thread much more eloquently than she did by keeping it very simple (if not baiting a strong or even hostile response) and asking ( with out the token ONE black friend, bumpers sticker and wide "duh" act)over such an offensive symbol.

The confederate flag HURTS and offends others.Period. She knows it.
I dont need to tippie toe around her feelings when she or anyone does these things.

Empathy is putting yourself in anothers shoes and actually caring about how they feel.
If you have to ask if the confederate flag offends people then where is your empathy?

If she had said../asked.
"I want peoples opinions on the confederate flag debate and why you feel this way.I didnt realize it hurt/offended so many.
It would have sufficed..SHE worded it to get a fire/fight response.

But kudos for you defending the helpless,clueless & innocent woman that she wants you to think she is, thats old enough to know better.

I do hope she gets the enlightenment she needs and gets it IF indeed she doesn't.
Maybe hundreds of men wearing a" Get in the kitchen,stay pregnant, hand me a beer and shut up split tail" T shirt swill open her eyes. How would she like THAT flag on her states government building?
How about hundreds of bumper stickers & flags like that she would have to see daily?

Grow up both of you.
 funchesf
Msg: 134
Posted: 7/17/2015 9:14:52 AM

vlad dracul
We do not have any images of the queen on our money mate. £5, 10, 20, 50, 100 notes are queen free.

I've stated that Australia having Queen Liz on their money made them Brits,

but when it came to Scotland it was you yourself Vlad Dracula that claimed that you were part of "The Brit Collective" ..go to the link to "MSG 159" and read it yourself http://forums.plentyoffish.com/16317697datingPostpage7.aspx

The union flag is not the flag of england mate.

I've stated that the Union Jack was "The Confederate Flag of England" ...it flies in places where England has either Conquered or attempt to Commandeer

my point to all of this is to show how flags can be used as a way to harass and as a Brainwashing technique ...which is why Vlad as of now you seem confused as to whether you are a Scot or a Brit
 Your_Move
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2015 3:44:19 PM

The OP could have worded HER thread much more eloquently than she did by keeping it very simple (if not baiting a strong or even hostile response) and asking ( with out the token ONE black friend, bumpers sticker and wide "duh" act)over such an offensive symbol.

To try and better understand your reaction, I just went back and re-read her initial post--the meat of it was:

I'm not sure why the confederate flag is so offensive. It's a part of our history and especially a part of the history of the south. I just think this political correctness and fear of offending someone is going a bit too far.
and
I'm certainly not trying to start any race riot here, but I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Translating that into "baiting a strong or hostile response" seems like quite a leap.

If she had said../asked.
"I want peoples opinions on the confederate flag debate and why you feel this way.I didnt realize it hurt/offended so many.
It would have sufficed..SHE worded it to get a fire/fight response.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone thought the way we did, even to the point of recognizing when they're wrong and we're right, and phrasing their questions and opinions in a way that neatly reflected our correctness and their wrongness? "Yeah, that'd be great, ...and can you work this Saturday? Yeah, thanks".

Her wording really wasn't THAT far off from the type you suggest - she did as for people's thoughts - and when she got some fairly solid "here's why people find it a symbol that should be ditched" sort of responses, she didn't pick up the fight - the more moderate responses she didn't disagree with, and the more nasty response, she responded pretty mildly to. Again, it seems like quite a stretch to deem that "baiting a fight". It struck me more as an opportunity to - as politely as the subject allows - to explain why it offends. The more bully-ish responses aren't likely to help anyone's understanding, right? This isn't a news flash to you or anyone.

Empathy is putting yourself in anothers shoes and actually caring about how they feel.
If you have to ask if the confederate flag offends people then where is your empathy?

For someone who doesn't understand why it offends, I'd thinking publicly asking is better than not, no? Or do you somehow think that bullying-type responses are likely to increase the empathy you think someone should have? Or that "you will continue to get what you get." is going to help those who don't find the flag offensive to understand the other side's view?

I dont need to tippie toe around her feelings when she or anyone does these things.
Not my job with her or on the forums when an idiotic thing is said that I know one of such an age should know better than to say.
But kudos for you defending the helpless,clueless & innocent woman that she wants you to think she is, thats old enough to know better.
Grow up both of you.

It really sounds more like you just have personal issues towards the OP, vs being able to talk about the issue. "Nice-up" maybe?

Maybe hundreds of men wearing a" Get in the kitchen,stay pregnant, hand me a beer and shut up split tail" T shirt swill open her eyes. How would she like THAT flag on her states government building?

"B!tch, get back to being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and get me a beer" is hardly an idea confined to the South. And perpetuating that idea doesn't do much for the discussion either. It's great if you want to b!tch slap someone into shutting up - but do you really think it'll actually do anything useful? Or do you care about that and are just happy to be doing the slapping? It's a bit discouraging to see people taking the low road, when it seems like a relatively easy topic to actually do something useful - and when they're on the right side of the issue. Such is life in America these days -- 'talk at and debate', not 'listen to and converse'.
 robaustralia
Msg: 136
Posted: 7/18/2015 4:44:06 PM

The confederate flag HURTS and offends others.Period. She knows it.
I dont need to tippie toe around her feelings when she or anyone does these things

Are the same people offended by the White House which was largely built by slaves? Therefore the White House is a symbol of slavery and oppression and should be bulldozed as it might be offending people, that would after all be the Politically Correct thing to do .

Don't ya think?
 gtomustang
Msg: 137
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/18/2015 5:19:11 PM
does the White House represent more than just the slaves who built it? if so, then apparently that's what the White House stands for, just like many of our monuments don't represent every piece of dirty laundry, just the good memories we want to remember. do we pull down Vietnam memorials because of Mi Lai? Montebello? Sometimes, there's a reason not to throw out babies along with the bathwater.

Does the Confederate Flag represent more than just a seditious fight for an economy of slave labor? I've asked the latter question before, many times in many places. No one can seem to say what Southern Culture really is. Is it soul food and BBQ? The Blues? Is it some variety of country music not shared with the west? Is it plantation culture that was copied from British aristocracy? Cajun culture that came from French Canadians? Is it redneck culture we see lampooned with stereotypes of half ass behavior and chasing female family members?

The Confederate Flag is a part of American history. So are Japanese internment camps. So is Native American rebellion against the settlers--does anyone fly their flag? In my part of the country, a Puerto Rican proud of his native land enough to paint his car window in its colours gets ridiculed, but an Italian doing the same does not. 5 decades into the future, if an Iraqi flies his flag in memory of all his countrymen who died, will that be as accepted as the Confederate Flag doing the same thing?

what are the rules for what's OK to celebrate, and what non-American countries we should remain quiet about?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 138
view profile
History
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/18/2015 5:44:43 PM
...like I said earlier, we must admit that this is tricky, and isn't as cut-and-dry as some would want it to be. The confederate flag simply cannot be seen to only be about slavery; The civil war simply cannot be seen to have only been about slavery; One simply cannot assume that people who wave the confederate flag are racist or bigoted, or pro-slavery.

And I say all of this as someone who has never identified with the South or the Confederate flag at all, and am genuinely non-racist and all about equal rights.

Think of the possible implied irony or double standard in the following - Do you believe that one should have the right to burn the American flag? If so, do you also feel that the confederate flag can be waved without any assumed negative connotations?

There comes a point when you have to stop paying attention to what's on the surface, and pay attention instead to the intentions and thoughts underneath. Then we will stop having problems with people using the "offense card" pretentiously as a weapon in everyday life, and we will stop making out-of-proportion controversies of what all of our freaking sports teams are named.
 funchesf
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/18/2015 7:15:18 PM

Robaustralia
Are the same people offended by the White House which was largely built by slaves? Therefore the White House is a symbol of slavery and oppression and should be bulldozed as it might be offending people, that would after all be the Politically Correct thing to do .

the Politically correct thing to do is to present their ancestors the opportunity to be voted in as President and run the place

gtomustang
The Confederate Flag is a part of American history.

Benedict Arnold is also a part of American history ...he like those under the Confederate Flag also committed Treason ....so perhaps to be fair America should have and celebrate "Traitors Day" ...so we can honor those that tried to overthrow the government of the United States ...might have to include ISIS too

drinkthesunwithmyface
..like I said earlier, we must admit that this is tricky, and isn't as cut-and-dry as some would want it to be

what's tricky about it...the public has the right to flag the confederate flag on their personal property or up their apse......just not on government property

drinkthesunwithmyface
There comes a point when you have to stop paying attention to what's on the surface, and pay attention instead to the intentions and thoughts underneath.

perhaps this advice would fair better in the Caitlyn Jenner Thread
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/18/2015 7:29:03 PM
@Vlad

Yule
We indeed wimped out of the referendum.

Glad to see we agree on 1 thing, and at least you have the fortitude to be honest about it!
Unlike some Australian lackey we have lurking around here making asinine statements.

But next time and i think within the next 10 years we will be independant.

Hope you are right for your sake, but the umbilical cord is hard to cut when you are part of the collective.
Barring any political breakdown in the Uk, I doubt you'll have your independence in your lifetime. IMO!
 gtomustang
Msg: 141
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/18/2015 7:52:07 PM
Actually, I find it to be cut and dried b/c I can't find anyone who can detail out why it isn't. The Confederate flag, at a minimum, represents a form of government that lasted a very short while, compared to most flags out there. It at a minimum, represents a government that was against America's Constitution (while ripping it off), went to war against America. Do we wave other flags representing governments that fired on American troops? I can only think of the Union Jack. Do we fly that over any capitals? From what I remember, its used only as decoration, like miniCooper roofs and Judas Priest concerts.

The civil war wasn't just about slavery, it was mostly about representation in Congress (over slavery in territory states). Does the Confederate flag represent the civil war? If it does, then again, do we fly the flags of our vanquished enemy over our capital buildings? If someone wants to make the argument we view the Confederate flag the same way we view the English flag b/c both were countries firing on troops defending the Constitution...but I haven't seen anyone come close to that yet.

is the CF all about how America treated the South after vanquishing it? Carpetbaggers and all that? Well, let's talk about how America treats EVERY conquered foe. the South wasn't the first, and it hasn't been the last as we continue to this day to treat beaten foes all the same. to the victor, goes the spoils, and we've never had a problem doing that.

The people I see pushing the CF are the same ones who think its cool to be contrarian. If they find something that offends the general populace, they love to fly it proud, just so they can feel like they are cool b/c they like the bad thing. Like a 5 yr old who learns a word they don't understand, but boy it sure gets mommy upset. that just doesn't strike me as a logical, intelligent argument for a symbol that represents something or represents nothing. what I see "underneath" is a bunch of people who think big government is bad, so any white man who rebels (and not anyone else who rebels) and who isn't named "John Birch", should be used like a big stick to beat others into thinking they are cool. lookatme, lookatme, I;m a self-proclaimed expert who sees things that you know aren't there. the same people who "support our troops" would support the rebels those troops would be called in to fight. Pick one side, or pick the other side, can't sit on the fence. are you pro American government, or are you anti? because apparently those who don't love America and its flag and the Constitution they represent...can leave it (ie, secede), we are told. By, of course, some of the same people. Do they really not think of the Confederate flag as leaving America via secession?

What do I think about burning the American flag (besides the fact it seems to happen more in photoshop than in real life)? that its freedom of speech. you want to enjoy that freedom of speech, however, you better prepare for the consequences, just like any other speech. What many do not know is, it is disrespectful to the flag, according to the betsy ross society, to use the American flag as clothing apparel. a hat, a shirt, a tie, whatever. I was at a VFW once that had American flag paper napkins and plates (which of course did not get burned, as a flag is supposed to when its sent to the VFW to be properly disposed). many who hate the flag burning, tend to break the rules towards using it in assorted forms and respresentations.

I see the Confederate flag as representing a vanquished foe. it went up on a state building at a very "coincidental" time, by people who didn't want to be associated with Lincoln's party so they choose a different name. one might call them DINO
 8inscrew
Msg: 142
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/18/2015 8:59:36 PM
You can't find anyone?

Read msg 23.

Goat is a term of endearment reserved for that Pontiac.

Black people are in the organization that hold legal possession of that flag.
How is it "racist" ¿
 gtomustang
Msg: 143
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/19/2015 4:55:33 AM
so, it represents rebellion and those who died in war, I believe you said and are saying? If so, do we celebrate others who died fighting against the Constitution? Do we celebrate others who fired on America troops? I can't think of any, except those who might fly or wear a British flag. I don't see Japanese tuner cars with Rising Sun flags on their roofs. I don't see those who hot rod BMW's or Mercedes with Nazi banners. Either one of those could represent their war dead and their rebellion against America and its allies, but I haven't seen it yet. Occupy Wall Street might have had some banners or symbols, but I don't see too many people wearing those proudly.
 deerhurst
Msg: 144
view profile
History
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/19/2015 7:57:28 AM
Having lived in the PNW and the South I have this comment to those who want to ban the confereate flag:

Suck it up princess. It is our history and means no more than the wish for several states to remove themselves from the Union. The more you want it to go away the more I will fly it. Same goes for firearms and my rights. Where does it end?

Also, the first black slave owners were black. These people here in the south make sure to remind me of that.

@gtomustang the rising sun flag is very common on cars like the 240z in the tuner scene. Im pretty sure Mercedes (maybe it was Porche) is the only German auto maker to not apolagize for support the Nazi cause. I wish more people would proudly wear an American flag. Technically all troops in the war between the Union and the Confederates were all United States citizens. One side just didnt want to be.
 deetristate
Msg: 145
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/19/2015 8:46:04 AM

Also, the first black slave owners were black. These people here in the south make sure to remind me of that.

The first German slave owners were German
The first British slave owners were British
The first Chilean slave owners were Chilean,
....................ad nasuem
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 146
view profile
History
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/19/2015 11:35:39 AM

Having lived in the PNW and the South I have this comment to those who want to ban the confereate flag:

Suck it up princess. It is our history and means no more than the wish for several states to remove themselves from the Union. The more you want it to go away the more I will fly it. Same goes for firearms and my rights. Where does it end?

A lot of willful ignorance and misrepresentation going on in those words.

In no special order:

* the flag in question is not going to be banned here. We don't even ban the Nazi flag, so we wont ban that one.

* What the main fight has been over, is the flying of this flag by government authorities, or others who imply government authority.

* it does NOT mean " no more than the wish for several states to remove themselves from the Union." That was what it ONCE meant, a very VERY long time ago. What it means NOW, is something very different. It specifically began flying on South Carolina State Government grounds, to make clear that governments dedicated opposition to equality under the law for all races.

* The conflicts about this flag have NOTHING to do with firearms. Pretending it does, is one of the lying games being played by the weak racists, in an effort to trick other earnest people into fighting on their side, even though they are not racist themselves.

* It doesn't matter who owned slaves first or last. Unless you are one of those bizarre, entirely immoral people who think that it's okay for YOU to commit a horrendous act, if someone else does it as well, or before you do. If there was an argument being made that melanin content in the skin, is genetically linked to positive or negative morality, it might be pertinent to point out that every "race" on this planet has had slave owners in it. But no one here is trying to make that case, and it has NOTHING to do with this flag.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 147
view profile
History
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/19/2015 4:46:08 PM

It specifically began flying on South Carolina State Government grounds, to make clear that government's dedicated opposition to equality under the law for all races.

Is this true??
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 148
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/19/2015 4:47:14 PM
I don’t believe the Confederate Flag is a racist symbol but I do believe some use it as such and others believe it to be. At the time there was a large population of Scottish and Irish that lived in the area and they created the Confederate Flag based on the Cross of St. Andrew. It was a religious emblem of moral individuals engaged in a conflict to preserve their families, homes, and lands from destruction of northern bankers and politicians. The first use of the St. Andrews Cross in Scotland was in 1180 and was a religious emblem based on the crucifixion of the apostle Andrew. Better known would be Sir William Wallace (movie Braveheart) who used it as his emblem and fought against Edward of England and his attempts to take over their kingdom in the 1290’s.

I think this is more about erasing the principles upon which America and the Confederate States were founded (liberty and decentralized government). The dominant view (prior to Lincoln) by Jefferson and Washington was that the Union was voluntary. We celebrate our independence of Great Britain each year and that was a forced Union that we fought to free ourselves from. Lincoln held a view of a forced union and that States didn’t have the right to secede. Quite the contradiction of the founding of the Country.

Nations in Europe and South America had already abolished or in the process of abolishing slavery and done so peacefully. No civil war! Most understood that slavery was a dying institution and advancement in machinery made slavery no longer economically viable. The Civil War was about State rights but there was an element dealing with slavery.

We are constantly bombarded with propaganda raising Lincoln as an iconic figure but if you read some of Lincoln’s letters you might find yourself reconsidering your view. Lincoln viewed blacks as inferior to whites, even without slavery blacks wouldn’t achieve equality, and wanted to deport all free blacks to South America. Modern interpretation would define him as quite the racist.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 149
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/19/2015 5:24:19 PM

At the time there was a large population of Scottish and Irish that lived in the area and they created the Confederate Flag based on the Cross of St. Andrew.

Yes! All those Boston Irish and Scots went south and were the original plantation owners...Proving that any azzhole can say anything on the internet and think some gullible soul will believe his bullshyte.

I don’t believe the Confederate Flag is a racist symbol

Right...it had nothing to do with te traitorous acts of the south and their attempt to hold onto a class of workers they paid nothing to-the slaves

We are constantly bombarded with propaganda raising Lincoln

You mean the party of Lincoln-the republicans-are racist???? Well, most believe that today many conservatives are racists.
 cotter
Msg: 150
view profile
History
half-mast arguements
Posted: 7/19/2015 6:41:53 PM
Message 152 ...
You mean the party of Lincoln-the republicans-are racist???? Well, most believe that today many conservatives are racists.
Well, yeah. Actions do speak louder than words.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The confederate flag debate.