Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The confederate flag debate.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 196
view profile
History
The confederate flag debatePage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

That is true... and it isn't just Americans... Even the "True Aryan Master Race"... the "whitest of the white"... thought the same...

Just look at what they did to the Slavics... when they beat them more easily than taking candy from a baby (I'm surprised they even bothered bringing the tanks and guns with them considering what they thought of Slavics)...

And if the "True Aryan Master Race"... the "whitest of the white"... thought you were sub-human scum... well... need I say more...? It certainly doesn't speak well for your "cause"...

Bingo Joe. Hitler and Stalin both attempted to Eradicate the Poles ( although Hitler true intentions were to enslave all Slavs). Every time Biala talks about his master race, I get reminded how my people(one half of them anyway) had his people licking our bootstraps until like 20 years ago!

Perhaps Putin will be visiting them very soon, and teach them who is the master race, indeed! :)
 BialaPolska
Msg: 197
The confederate flag debate
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:34:54 PM
Interesting for the afore posting anti Whites to note. Putin has been instrumental in teaming with Merkel to invade 99% Christian , white Poland , Estonia , Latvia and Lithuania with non whites. More stalwart than lax Americans ; the Balts have refused the blacks and browns entry. If the politically correct anti whites from above wish to prove their afection for the non white , let them move to Detroit or perhaps Baltimore.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 198
Posted: 8/1/2015 4:09:46 PM

Interesting for the afore posting anti Whites to note.

Now see...? No wonder we've been butting heads here... You've completely missed the point...

The position isn't "anti-white"... It's "anti-racist stupid fvck"... No wonder you're so upset... We weren't contradicting you because you're white... Farthest thing from our minds... Gee whiz, I'm so sorry you thought we were attacking you for being white...

Whew... Glad we got that straightened out...
 BialaPolska
Msg: 199
Posted: 8/1/2015 5:14:11 PM
^ No . Still confused ; your posts are so anti white ; I thought you were a non white posting somone else's pic. You know , some times the variation gets fuzzy. Most detractors either have culturally become non white or will just be happy to be accepted somwhere ; as that being their flaw.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2015 6:13:08 PM

^ No . Still confused ; your posts are so anti white ; I thought you were a non white posting somone else's pic. You know , some times the variation gets fuzzy. Most detractors either have culturally become non white or will just be happy to be accepted somwhere ; as that being their flaw

I know the perfect place where you would feel comfortable! The South Island of New Zealand. About 93% of the population are white.

For some reason they have so far been exempt from the Cultural Replacement Program aka Multiculturalism so prevalent in most Western countries.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 201
Posted: 8/1/2015 6:42:39 PM
Thanks Congupnaroad. A like minded New Zealander has already contacted me. "Cultural Replacement" , "dieversity" and "World Vision" only seem to happen in White countries ; Why is that? When will it cease? When the last White has been chased down?
 williamgarrison
Msg: 202
Posted: 8/1/2015 10:42:22 PM
dIVERSITY MEANS CHASING DOWN THE LAST WHITE MAN.
 8inscrew
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/1/2015 10:53:02 PM
But Joe..... the marine corp is older than the United States.

And you're a Canadian " ministeerj"

of questionable back ground... might I add.

Recurrent theme with these tall hxb folks.

Certainly similar rhetoric.

Sadly no results...

I am guessing the "queen" only requires a shill to succumb.

Sing your own cadence.
Mine starts 1911.
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/7/2015 11:26:19 AM

But as I pointed out earlier, I really don’t give a damn what Lincoln’s motivations were, because he’s not the one who started the war: the Confederacy attacked first. Now even if Ft. Sumter hadn’t occurred, it seems likely eventually that Lincoln would have “invaded” the South if they hadn’t reversed course on secession. And it would probably not have been to “free the slaves.” *I* am not hailing Lincoln as some sort of anti-slavery hero, because he’s really not much of one and *I* never said he was. His reasoning for fighting the Civil War does not matter to me in this debate because that’s not what is on trial here

Agreed, the Confederacy attacked first but it’s debatable (instigated) and I don’t find the argument relative. I agree that Lincoln would’ve started the war if the South hadn’t and it was about secession but later became about slavery. I don’t dismiss Lincoln as you have, he was anti-slavery, but it’s understanding the time period and the mindset.

Emancipation only freed slaves in the Southern States and was a military tactic. Prior to the Civil War there were roughly 4 million enslaved African Americans and after the Civil War there were roughly 3.5 million (figures probably off a little) still in bondage throughout the North and the States that sided with the North

I worded this incorrect but the main point was that Emancipation didn’t end slavery as we have been taught. When Lincoln issued Emancipation it only freed 20k – 50k slaves (I forget which historian i read this from) and as the North marched south they liberated more slaves (thousands had already fled to the North) that were in the Confederate territories. So when you take 50k slaves out of 4 million it results in a very low percentage when the Emancipation was issued. So as time went by you had an increased number of slaves freed and then finally ending with the 13th Amendment (debatable).

Malcolm X, much like Bill Cosby, preached out of one side of his mouth and practiced out of the other – I’m much more of a black leader than he is, because I’ve never been arrested or served time, never had a litter of kids and I graduated from college with high honors. Screw him. Conservatives only bring him up when something he said or did aligns with their beliefs

I plead ignorance because I have no clue who you’re, especially as a black leader, and would find it difficult to have a legitimate comparison. Generally I don’t believe in jailhouse conversions but I believe Malcolm X to be one of the exceptions. I find an education overrated and is not an indicator of intelligence.

I brought up Malcolm X because he described a moment in history where Black Americans were uprising because of a long forced suppression. His description of these events were later verified by historians. He described how Kennedy brought in leaders of Black Americans and “infiltrated” the civil rights movement and prevented a revolution. The point I was making was about control and manipulation with Black Americans in this instance and generally for political purposes. It was a transition from a forced suppression to one that is subtle and voluntary.

In Msg. 174 I brought up social programs and Black Americans but wasn’t articulate with the point I was trying to make. I sought to clarify with Msg. 180 but admittedly my comments were vague. I’m not saying that social programs were instituted specifically because of Black American’s or because of Malcolm X rather they were pushed in the black community (minority communities) more than the white community. Just as Margaret Sanger pushed abortion and birth control in both White and Black communities, there was a double effort with Black Americans.

But unlike you, I’m not blind to the fact that blacks are where they are today because of institutionalized racism against them. You can’t seriously expect the average black today to be a stellar citizen less than 50 years after they were legally kept out of nearly all the good universities and good jobs and good neighborhoods?

Again, this is your prejudice forming this conclusion based on what you have found relevant and that which you ignored. I’ve discussed the KKK being documented as suppressing Black Americans. I’ve discussed how Black Americans are controlled and manipulated for political purposes. I discussed White Americans being able to create businesses and jobs in their community and a sustained effort to prevent it in the black community. I’ve discussed social programs and how they have devastated the Black community. My entire point is that this was by design not accident!

Slavery didn’t end after the Civil War, it was just transformed to Convict Leasing, Peonage and to a degree Sharecropping. This included Native Americans, Whites, but the vast majority were Black. The Federal government turned a blind eye to forced labor. I don’t believe slavery ended until Roosevelt had his A.G. Biddle issue circular #3591, Dec. 1941 and federal prosecutions began, rewriting the federal criminal code in 1948 to clarify anti-slavery provisions, and Congress in 1951 passing more stringent statutes.

What was ORIGINALLY on trial was whether or not the Confederate Flag is a racist symbol, and you said it wasn’t, even though the flag’s own creators said it was

We’ve gone over this a couple of times and I’ve agreed with you but it’s about understanding history, time period and mindset. The lens of how we view this topic differ resulting in a disagreement of relevance. I do believe there is value in learning how America handled the Civil War and Abolishing slavery in comparison with other countries.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2015 2:56:34 PM
“I worded this incorrect but the main point was that Emancipation didn’t end slavery as we have been taught.”

Okay, so basically you meant that the Emancipation did not result in actual PHYSICAL freedom for the vast majority of slaves when it was issued, because Lincoln could obviously not enforce it in states that were in full rebellion against his rule. I feel like that’s such a “DUH” that I’m not sure your point, but okay.

“especially as a black leader”

I was being sarcastic – I’m obviously no “black leader,” blacks and I don’t even like each other.

“My entire point is that this was by design not accident!”

Well, I don’t think anyone’s arguing against that. But you seem to be half-arguing that liberal Northern whites are the reason why black Americans are disproportionately poor and crime-prone today, as if conservative, state-rights’, Southern whites had little to nothing to do with it. I mean, which “White Americans” are you talking about in this sentence: “I discussed White Americans being able to create businesses and jobs in their community and a sustained effort to prevent it in the black community”?

“We’ve gone over this a couple of times and I’ve agreed with you but it’s about understanding history, time period and mindset.”

Yeah, I don’t know if we’ve really ever agreed on that in this thread, but if you say so.
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/7/2015 3:59:05 PM

Okay, so basically you meant that the Emancipation did not result in actual PHYSICAL freedom for the vast majority of slaves when it was issued, because Lincoln could obviously not enforce it in states that were in full rebellion against his rule. I feel like that’s such a “DUH” that I’m not sure your point, but okay

Well, you did provide a link which provided data, wrote a good size paragraph trying to figure it out, it didn’t “make any sense” and wanted clarification. I wasn’t as clear as I intended but no reason it should have given you such difficulty the first time around. Simple Google search would have rewarded you with the answer but “duh” was my initial response, which I didn’t include in my written response.

I was being sarcastic – I’m obviously no “black leader,” blacks and I don’t even like each other

Good, I jabbed and you jabbed back!

Well, I don’t think anyone’s arguing against that. But you seem to be half-arguing that liberal Northern whites are the reason why black Americans are disproportionately poor and crime-prone today, as if conservative, state-rights’, Southern whites had little to nothing to do with it. I mean, which “White Americans” are you talking about in this sentence: “I discussed White Americans being able to create businesses and jobs in their community and a sustained effort to prevent it in the black community”?

I’ve provided adequate information throughout my contributions but there appears to confusion where there shouldn’t be. I fear you’re setting up another “duh” moment.

Yeah, I don’t know if we’ve really ever agreed on that in this thread, but if you say so

I didn’t say We agreed rather I said “I’ve agreed with you”! I’ve consistently agreed with you throughout my responses (on a few different points) but your mind is closed.

You’ve created an impression!
 11qq
Msg: 207
Is Obama Headed For The Insane Asylum?
Posted: 8/8/2015 7:54:12 AM
B.O. says that Republicans are the same as those Iranians chant "Death To America."

what a terrific guy!

let's call him "The Great Uniter"

get the guys with the white coats!!!!
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/8/2015 5:58:10 PM
Try to stay on topic.

I can only image it must be hard for someone who is so incredibly stupid, but maybe you can find a friend in the trailer park to help you out.
 8inscrew
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/8/2015 8:18:28 PM
Shhhhhh he appears to be unraveling.
Get the popcorn.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:54:05 AM
“I wasn’t as clear as I intended but no reason it should have given you such difficulty the first time around.”

The obvious relevant part of that sentence is “I wasn’t as clear as I intended,” because what you said was completely different from what you claim to have meant.

“I’ve provided adequate information throughout my contributions but there appears to confusion where there shouldn’t be.”

Yeah, I don’t agree with this, but, whatever. As I’m sure you agree from the lameness of your last couple of posts, this is starting to get boring. Either we need to let this thread die or somebody needs to reignite the passion.

I mean, someone sane (in other words, not Biala).
 BialaPolska
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:12:18 AM
The flag of the Confederacy represents many things to many people. I do think black privledge has over stayed it's welcome by over lapping to White Heritage. When blacks want to exhume the grave of one of our beloved ; Whites need to speak up. Defacing OUR grave markers and monuments has overstepped affirmative action and the generous quota system offered by the federal gubmint. Yes , Hawking , I feel this is a sane observation. While , once again , the events last evening in Ferguson would be considered insane.
 deetristate
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:20:36 AM
Is it blacks or extreme liberal whites who do this? Rev Al, a paid spokesman for the aforementioned, doesn't count.

Events in Ferguson were not all black people, anymore than you shot up a movie theater. Therein lies the difference.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:24:51 AM
^ Good catch Dee. Our own worst enemy is the white "liberal" or even more despicable the "cuckservative". I'll take 100 Black Nationalists over one Hillarious/Jeb.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/10/2015 10:03:00 AM

Either we need to let this thread die or somebody needs to reignite the passion.

I mean, someone sane (in other words, not Biala).

Yeah... not gonna happen... but it's a nice dream...

Is it any wonder I just gave up on trying to point out reality... and just jump straight to (2 words, 3 syllables, starts with "s")...?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The confederate flag debate.