Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 101
Has anyone decided to opt out of dating all together [over 40]Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Yet another oldster without a picture but passing judgement LOL
Can't wait to see your photo
 Peas_
Msg: 102
Has anyone decided to opt out of dating all together [over 40]
Posted: 7/9/2015 2:02:49 PM
I have been considering putting my age bracket down low again from 99 and opting out of the old men that are in their 70's that say they are 48ish in their profiles. So yeah, I guess I'm going to opt out back down to the 50's again on my filter.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/9/2015 2:18:51 PM

Just wait until you are a bit older and women your age are menopausal and post menopausal. Grandchildren and cats are their obsessions

It starts earlier than that. I have no grandkids, not menopausal, slightly under 40, and here was my post on facebook this morning:

"When they first began balcony restoration here, Penelope would run away the second any of the guys walked by. Now she'll sit there and just watch them go back and forth about 10 feet away. Proud of my brave girl.

This is what happens when you're almost 40, single, no children, and live alone...you rejoice in your cat's achievements. ‪#‎nocrazycatlady‬"
 thebomb1971
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/12/2015 7:34:48 AM

"Or date older when you are older."
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Sorry. Had to laugh. A middle age man dating older women...ah! Knee slapper, that.

I like older women. I've always liked older women. My parameters are seven years, plus or minus.
 thebomb1971
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/12/2015 7:41:28 AM
when I was 20ish I would chase the 40ish ladies (but they would have none of that!).
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/14/2015 6:04:13 AM
but dating older men is often a problem.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/14/2015 8:46:31 AM

He probably can't even tell Pearl Jam from Alice in Chains.

All squirrel are gray in the dark.
 jrb1979
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 9:03:15 AM
Up until recently, I was just about to opt out of dating all together. But I met some one and it has made me change my mind. For me I find dating to be too much pressure and with people having high expectations in a partner I find it too hard to deal with. I found most of the women in my area seem to want a guy that has there life together and works a 9 t0 5 job. I ended up meeting a girl from the US and it changed my view of dating. I just think its funny I had to resort to dating a girl from another country to find what I am looking for.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 3:12:02 PM

I ended up meeting a girl from the US and it changed my view of dating. I just think its funny I had to resort to dating a girl from another country to find what I am looking for.

That has got to be a 1st! I generally avoid American girls for ltr. When I say that, understand I dated American citizens mostly, but women who are foreign cultured (like 65% of my city)

*For short time fun I tended to be more open minded! :P
 Qura
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2015 8:10:33 AM

Posted By: IgorFrankensteen on 7/4/2015 925 PM
Subject: Has anyone decided to opt out of dating all together [over 40]

Not attracted to women your own age. Not at all. Hmm. My own understanding of that is, that you aren't actually, and never were actually, attracted to WOMEN. And no, I'm not remotely suggesting that you are secretly gay.

You were only attracted to the IDEA of sexy women, and all the ones you had fun with and moved on from, were temporary players in the fantasy you were living in. They were never people to you. That's your problem.

If you actually liked WOMEN, you'd find them attractive at any age.

Thanks, Igor; so well said. Most people never, ever "get" this.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2015 11:58:57 AM
I'm thinking of giving up. Not because of lack of attraction, hell I'm attracted to old men, young men, tall or short, thin or heavy, lol, I like 'em all. But at my age, there aren't that many men around. And the ones who are, well, I could go through a list of what I've encountered, but never mind.

The main problem is men want me to do a sexual audition before they decide if they want a relationship. As if I'm the only one who has to prove my ability to perform. They seem to forget I'd be evaluating their performance as well. And they mention this so early on, sometimes even before meeting, sometimes on the first or second date, that I can't help thinking they don't really want ME, they just want a sex partner, and any warm body will do, as long as it passes the audition.

Lately I'm seeing and getting messages from the men I talked to and or met 2 years ago. And they don't remember, but I do. So I think there's no one left. I've been at this 2.5 years, with a few breaks, and it's just too long, too much effort.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2015 12:24:39 PM
I go on meets and dates with the intention of getting to know someone. I don't do the interviewer thing. I don't ask questions about your past or finances. But those are your prohibitions, who knows what the guys I meet think is inappropriate.
Doesn't seem to matter. When I don't jump up and down with enthusiasm over the prospect of my upcoming sex audition, they don't want to see me again. Well OK then. Who says you're a stud? (not you Clooney) Not that I object loudly or anything like that, usually it's just a no comment from me.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/18/2015 2:21:21 PM
I don't know where you meet these guys. I have never, ever had a sex question or any comment regarding sex on a first or second ate or a first meetup. I have never had a guy buy me dinner and expect sex afterwards. You must be taking How to Select A Man to Date 101 classes from Literate as you seem to come across a lot of losers or just rude men? I just never ran into this and in discussing dating with my gal pals, they never mentioned it either.
 sviitmore
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/18/2015 3:14:55 PM
Well a number of women have clearly left the dating scene. It's probably been years motown has been laid, accounting for her personality deficits, but unlikely that was her choice.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2015 3:44:13 PM
I will not accept responsibility for the behavior of others.

I don't know where you meet these guys. I have never, ever had a sex question or any comment regarding sex on a first or second ate or a first meetup. I have never had a guy buy me dinner and expect sex afterwards. You must be taking How to Select A Man to Date 101 classes from Literate as you seem to come across a lot of losers or just rude men? I just never ran into this and in discussing dating with my gal pals, they never mentioned it either.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/18/2015 3:46:13 PM
^^^. And you shouldn't have to. But it begs the question, where do you find these guys?
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/18/2015 4:25:25 PM
like songsungblue, I never have either. Never met any weird creepy people like i read stories of either. Dunno why, guess I was supposed to.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 126
Posted: 7/18/2015 4:40:59 PM
^^^It's only because you're more than 14 years younger than me. I'd happily be you're first weird and creepy guy, but POF won't let me.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2015 6:45:11 PM
I disagree, I'm not begging the question. You are still trying to blame me for the behavior of men.

Where did I meet them? POF, EH, DH, OKC....

The few men I met IRL have not talked to me that way.

^^^. And you shouldn't have to. But it begs the question, where do you find these guys?
 07songsungblue
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/18/2015 6:53:50 PM
I am NOT trying to blame you for the behaviour of these men. Not at all, not in any way shape or form. I wouldn't blame a man for poor behaviour by a woman. My question was, where are you meeting these men...and you answeredmy question, thank you. I have used two of those sites and never had that problem. I met men that were not a match but never one of that asked any sex related questions.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/18/2015 7:02:16 PM
There's absolutely no reason to think anyone is lying about getting inappropriate advances, and God knows it seems every other woman's profile seems to have a warning that they're not interested in a quick hookup. Many even say overtly that they have added that paragraph because of their experiences here.

Many threads here are started by women seeking advice on how to discourage this behaviour. I don't know why you didn't get it, but blaming the person telling about it should be called prude shaming. Kind of like slug shaming, except it's the exact opposite.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/18/2015 7:18:21 PM
^^^. I'm wondering how you thought I was accusing her of "lying" or that I was "prude shaming" ? Did you just pull that out of your a$$? I commented that I had not had the same experience. Someone else mentioned they hadn't had this experience either...remember, you were sleazy enough to mention your age difference. So please, don't put words in my mouth. And yes, I am well aware that some women have had the same experience as Ms. Jello (from sleazy guys) but many of us haven't.
 sealady111
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/18/2015 7:23:00 PM
When I logged in to check messages today this advertisement was at the top of my screen.

TOO MANY MR. WRONGS.
Rude? Married? Jobless? Unappealing guys?

You don't have to be wasting time on those!
You should check out our awesome men and perhaps meet your loving Mr Right.

Then a link to another internet dating site be2.

I know many, many men and women who have decided to opt out of dating all together for a range of reasons.
I have done it myself quite a few times for a break and am on a semi break now.
To the extent that if someone interesting pops up the I would love to meet them but I am not as active as I have been in the past.

Am currently trying reverse logic with my profile.

Who knows, it may just work. lol
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2015 9:18:44 AM
Agreed Quirt! Age differences in France are NOT taboo. Same thing in EE, but in EE it favors men, while France is a bit equal.

Yes Vicki-- The differences from Northern and Southern Europe is often seen in who is coupling up! Or perhaps that is all I paid attention to! My mind is usually set on one thing that I even missed the Ethel Tower!

As for the women who put "no hook up", blah, blah, blah in profiles......very common but actually often those women are going to be pursued by guys looking for a hook up:

Guys figure, shes done it before, she will do it again! ;P, some bad habits are hard to break!

*Word oneself with words that bring attention to what it is YOUR seeking, not negatives. Negatives attract negatives!
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/19/2015 11:51:08 AM
He's a "repeat sock' who has just joined on July 11th, but seems to know the history of this board pretty well. He's been here before, probably someone who was kicked off for being a jacktard, and is on his way to being dumped again.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >