Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bill Cosby admitted under oath he got Quaaludes to give women for sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 76
Bill Cosby admitted under oath he got Quaaludes to give women for sexPage 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
To be honest, when Ms****nson came forward, I didn't believe her. I believed that the Cos had been drugging and raping women, I just didn't believe her. She's sort of a nutter who seems to do anything to get a bit of media attention, so I just figured she was jumping on the latest thing to say, "Look at me, look at me."

I think he should hire Trump's lawyer. Apparently this guy has a whole different take on what does and does not constitute rape.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 77
Bill Cosby admitted under oath he got Quaaludes to give women for sex
Posted: 7/28/2015 2:15:54 PM
somebody should punch him in that one good eye, and both nuts

http://gawker.com/the-undoing-of-bill-cosby-1660641408

The truth is, Bill Cosby stopped being funny a long time ago.

It hurts to write that. I grew up watching The Cosby Show and A Different World (Cosby’s other popular sitcom). Those shows have had a major influence on the man I’ve become. Cliff Huxtable, the loving father on The Cosby Show, was upstanding and open-hearted, strict, but not too strict. Cliff wasn’t perfect—no father is perfect—but he was a model, like all good fathers should be. A good man.

With the Huxtables, Cosby established an “idealized version of family life.” The Cosby Show quickly became the most popular sitcom on TV and, with the creation of A Different World, Cosby anchored the most successful TV programming block in history around fatherhood and family values. For five consecutive seasons, from 1985 to 1990, Cosby was the highest rated show in households on Thursday nights. Cliff was America’s Dad, and Cosby’s significance as a world-building TV pioneer was undeniable.

But Bill Cosby is not Cliff Huxtable. Cliff Huxtable was fiction. Hilton Als reminds us: “The power of fiction is that it includes everyone.” The power of Cliff Huxtable was his ability to embody many meanings. We all saw fragments of the dad we knew or the dad we wanted in Cliff.

Cosby, now, has become something other. He has become something more repulsive. We can no longer ignore the multiple allegations of rape that have been hurled at the legendary comedian. Fifteen women have accused Cosby of sexual assault. For so long, Cosby has been indestructible—beyond fame, his comedy and TV careers afforded him a cozy and safeguarded place in the public imagination. Not unlike Michael Jackson or Joe Paterno, our belief in Cosby’s goodness and what he personified made it easy to overlook the generations-old grime hidden underneath the mask. His importance became so immeasurable that, among particular circles, speaking ill of America’s most beloved dad was treason—no matter how crazy he sounded from time to time.

But more victims keep coming forward and we can no longer look away.

The accounts of Cosby’s terror are gruesome.

Joan Tarshis, while on the set of The Bill Cosby Show, 1969:

We went up to his cottage after they were done shooting. That’s when it happened. He offered me a drink. It was a red eye, a bloody mary topped off with beer. He always made the drinks; he didn’t have a bartender.

And then next thing I know, I was being undressed on his couch. I was so out of it. But I remember saying to him—I thought I would outsmart him—I said, I have an infection down there, and if you have sex with me, you’re going to get it, and then your wife will know. He immediately switched to another orifice, which was worse.

Yes. He was holding me down. He’s much bigger than I am. He’s very big. I couldn’t resist. He was forceful. He definitely used force. There was nothing I could do except wait for it to be over.

Janice D.ickinson, on meeting to discuss a role on The Cosby Show, 1982:

After dinner, in my room, he gave me wine and a pill. The next morning I woke up, and I wasn’t wearing my pajamas, and I remember before I passed out that I had been sexually assaulted by this man. The last thing I remember was Bill Cosby in a patchwork robe, dropping his robe and getting on top of me. And I remember a lot of pain.

Barbara Bowman, on multiple incidents, 1985:

In one case, I blacked out after having dinner and one glass of wine at his New York City brownstone, where he had offered to mentor me and discuss the entertainment industry. When I came to, I was in my panties and a man’s t-shirt, and Cosby was looming over me. I’m certain now that he drugged and raped me. But as a teenager, I tried to convince myself I had imagined it. I even tried to rationalize it: Bill Cosby was going to make me a star and this was part of the deal. The final incident was in Atlantic City, where we had traveled for an industry event. I was staying in a separate bedroom of Cosby’s hotel suite, but he pinned me down in his own bed while I screamed for help. I’ll never forget the clinking of his belt buckle as he struggled to pull his pants off. I furiously tried to wrestle from his grasp until he eventually gave up, angrily called me “a baby” and sent me home to Denver.

These three accounts are barely a fraction of Cosby’s alleged destruction. There are more women. There is more horror. Andrea Constand. Tamara Green. Beth Ferrier. And perhaps countless others who have yet to voice their pain. It is, as Roxane Gay said, a “history of violence.” Collectively, these stories paint Cosby as a calculating sexual predator. It is ugly and sad and terrible. All of it.

Accepting Cosby’s malicious and repeated sexual assault on women means reconciling it with a part of the past that many of us hold dear. There are moments from childhood that echo loudest. Although The Cosby Show never covered the subject, there was an episode of A Different World that dealt with date rape. The episode remains important, but it becomes increasingly difficult to buy into the integrity of its message knowing, by that time, the creator had possibly assaulted several women.

In recent months, 77-year-old Cosby attempted a comeback; he was set to release a comedy special on Netflix and develop a sitcom for NBC. Both were nixed as more accusations came to light. Yesterday TV Land announced it will no longer air reruns of The Cosby Show. There will likely be more blowback in the coming weeks.

Tuesday night, while at dinner with friends, I asked if the rape allegations would eclipse all that Cosby has achieved in his career. I was curious if Cosby and his legacy could somehow survive the storm.

There was silence, followed by heavy sighs. “No, I don’t think he will.”

We all shook our heads. Nobody wanted to believe it. But deep down we knew the accusations were true, and that Cosby’s career and legacy were over.

The truth is, Cliff Huxtable was a lie and Bill Cosby must now confront the truth.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/28/2015 3:05:16 PM

Probably best to save the self-pity for someone that actually exists.

You’re right, too trolly to be real.

Still following me around, I see. *pats you like a puppy*

motowncowgirl, thanks for posting all this info.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/28/2015 3:07:09 PM
I'm not reading all the posts, but anyone who thinks he's innocent is a f*cking moron.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/28/2015 5:21:36 PM
Thanks Motown....It just makes me sick reading that stuff.
What arrogance on his end and I can see how they would feel so helpless to report him....at the time..
Even now with all the evidence stacking up...he has the audacity to say he is going to sue the
lady that he paid off....because those records were sealed.
I listened to him a few months back.....he just isn't all there anymore mentally...imo.
He's not funny....He was only funny when he had a script.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/29/2015 3:15:10 AM
Hmmmm. So sad. Never thought he was even close to being funny, Disgusting. Always gave me an uncomfortable feeling. But then again , I'm a "rayciss".
 deetristate
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/29/2015 4:02:42 AM
Did he rape Beverly Johnson? Really? Where did she say that? Post a link, please. Thanks.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/29/2015 5:39:30 AM
^ see post #72, it's the vanity fair article.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/29/2015 6:05:52 AM

Andrea Constand, the former Temple University employee at the center of a 2005 sexual battery lawsuit against Bill Cosby, pushed back Tuesday against his claim that he is adept at reading sexual cues from women.

The basis for her argument? Cosby failed to realize she was gay and dating a woman at the time they had what he has since described as a consensual sexual encounter.

"Despite his talent for interpreting female reactions to him, he did not realize [Constand] was gay until the police told him," her lawyer, Dolores Troiani, wrote.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150729_Constant_says_Cosby_missed_cues_she_s_gay_.html
 cotter
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2015 8:40:53 AM
Messages 58 & 59 ...

Come to think of it, what I like about Biala ...

Thanks , Dee , for the kind words.

From the sound of the afore mentioned quote ; you won't be misled or weaponized either.
LMFAO ... at you two slobbering all over each other.

Dee admires the white supremacist ... and he wants to make sure that she will not be "weaponized" ... only the "whites" will need the weapons ... right?

You guys are too cute ...

OT ...
I still say that Cosby will just say that those women threw themselves at him because he was a big star ... and he just gave them the quaaludes to help them relax and enjoy the sex!
 CharminC
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/29/2015 9:30:32 AM

I still say that Cosby will just say that those women threw themselves at him because he was a big star ... and he just gave them the quaaludes to help them relax and enjoy the sex!

I've taken bits about Cosby's and other's response from the link I gave in my msg .62, of testimonials of 35 of the 46 women (You have to click on each of their picture to get their story) Motown has provided Beverly's. Thank you Motown. :)

the link; http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/bill-cosbys-accusers-speak-out.html

"the comedian admitted pursuing sex with young women with the aid of Quaaludes, which can render a person functionally immobile. “I used them,” he said, “the same as a person would say, ‘Have a drink.’ ” He asked a modeling agent to connect him with young women who were new in town and “financially not doing well.” In the deposition, Cosby seemed confident that his behavior did not constitute rape; he apparently saw little difference between buying someone dinner in pursuit of sex and drugging them to reach the same goal. As for consent, he said, “I think that I’m a pretty decent reader of people and their emotions in these romantic sexual things.” If these women agreed to meet up, his deposition suggested, he felt that he had a right to them. And part of what took the accusations against Cosby so long to surface is that this belief extended to many of the women themselves (as well as the staff and lawyers and friends and others who helped keep the incidents secret).

'In the ’60s, when the first alleged assault by Cosby occurred, rape was considered to be something violent committed by a stranger; acquaintance rape didn’t register as such, even for the women experiencing it. A few of Cosby’s accusers claim that he molested or raped them multiple times; one remained in his orbit, in and out of a drugged state, for years. In the ’70s and ’80s, campus movements like Take Back the Night and “No Means No” helped raise awareness of the reality that 80 to 90 percent of victims know their attacker. Still, the culture of silence and shame lingered, especially when the men accused had any kind of status. The first assumption was that women who accused famous men were after money or attention. As Cosby allegedly told some of his victims: No one would believe you. So why speak up?

he also told “Page Six” that he wanted “the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism [and] go in with a neutral mind.”

“I told my supervisor at the Playboy Club what he did to me, and you know what she said to me? She said: ‘You do know that that’s Hefner’s best friend, right?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ She says to me: ‘Nobody’s going to believe you. I suggest you shut your mouth.’ ” —PJ Masten

“I didn’t realize that I had been raped. Back then, rape was done in an alleyway with somebody holding a knife to your throat that you didn’t know. There was no date rape back then. I just knew that something horrible had happened. But I couldn’t put a name to it. The difference between this and that rape in the dark alley is that his face would be before me every week on TV. People would mention a joke that he said: ‘Wasn’t that funny?’ And all the while, my stomach would just be churning.” —Joan Tarshis
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2015 1:00:48 PM
^^Last stuff I saw from him was the Cosby Show, filmed 5 blocks from my home (Midwood NBC studios)! I liked that show, at the time..happy? lol
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/29/2015 4:26:32 PM

I wish people would stop saying that they never found Cosby funny

Well, Sr. I am sorry, but I am part of those people who never found him funny, to be REAL honest here, I Couldn't watch his shows for more than 5 or 7 mins. because Made me feel uncomfortable, not happy.
He had "this something" which I cannot describe, that I didn't like, Maybe something in his eyes or voice, I really don't know, but I still don't like him. And I thought that it was because of that feeling of me towards him that I didn't find him funny...Now I know It wasn't because of that.

However, this was and still IS one of my favorite Shows, because I do laugh, and laugh, it makes me feel happy.
https://youtu.be/ANEur7L9dVU
 BialaPolska
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/29/2015 5:03:43 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone. Seems like we were under some kind of social peer pressure to like Cosby ; OJ as well. Any objectors would of course be................. ; right ; you guessed it.
 deetristate
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/29/2015 5:05:55 PM
See, people are not that different from what they accuse Biala of being. This whole "scandaL' fits stereotyping and makes people feel secure. Saying "he was never funny" and "he always made me uncomfortable" is just the icing.

It is like the people who never once thought twice about the behavior of s suspect on the news saying ,"He was always a bit quiet, a loner and creepy." You know it's "cool." You never DARE say anything to the contrary of cool.

You can't even say that some of the statements quoted, even though edited, are clearly not credible or lend to the :drug culture idea ( I was high all the time and I went back many times, for examples). or that culture of the time raises questions. . "Some" being the operative word. Not allowed. Too much invested, see. You have to that find all of them are worth considering.

Go ahead, with the multiple accounts ( the fake black ones are particularly interesting) and .... ready.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/30/2015 4:31:58 AM
punch him in the face even if he is still funny

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-s-bill-cosby-investigation-could-help-establish-pattern-of-abuse-20150729-story.html

Of the many misconduct allegations made by women against Bill Cosby in Los Angeles over the decades, L.A. police are actively investigating just one..

It involves claims by a woman who says Cosby assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 2008, when she was 18.

She alleges Cosby gave her a drink that caused her to black out. When she awoke, she said, she found herself naked on a bed in the mansion with Cosby biting her toes with his pants around his ankles, according to her attorney. Cosby’s attorneys have denied the accusations.

In January, Chloe Goins, 24, was interviewed for 2 1/2 half hours by an LAPD detective. Officials say they are continuing to investigate, and prosecutors say detectives have not presented them with a case.

Earlier this year, the L.A. district attorney rejected another Cosby case presented by the LAPD because it happened decades ago.

Goins’ case is more recent but also faces challenges.

Under California law, the legal deadline for prosecuting most rape cases involving an adult victim is 10 years.

In most other adult sex-crime cases — including the type Goins is alleging — the statute of limitations is generally six years, said Laurie Levenson, a Loyola law professor and former prosecutor. That would place her case outside the time allowed for prosecution.

But legal experts said there are other reasons for the LAPD to investigate, especially if Cosby is eventually charged with a crime.

California law allows victims to testify as witnesses even if their own cases never resulted in charges. The evidence is admissible due to a change in California evidence law in 1996 that allowed witnesses to prove a pattern of behavior or propensity to commit a crime, said Dmitry Gorin, a former L.A. sex-crimes prosecutor.

“Most judges would not exclude prior sexual-assault evidence, so jurors generally get to hear that evidence,” he said.

These supporting witnesses were used in the trial of a Pasadena track coach accused of molesting students and in the case of celebrity fashion designer Anand Jon Alexander. In the Alexander case, six women whose cases did not result in criminal charges testified against him. The designer was convicted of sexually assaulting seven women.

So far more than 40 women nationally have alleged that they were sexually assaulted or molested by Cosby over his decades as an entertainer. Most have gone public in the last year. In many cases, they contend Cosby drugged them before raping them.

Some people are looking for revenge but it sounds like this LAPD case isn't very strong, and even if they can get a conviction (unlikely), he wouldn't serve any serious time. Cosby is America's version of Jimmy Saville. He got away with it. The underlying problem is that we...

“The Cosby case just keeps percolating,” with more and more women coming forward, Levenson said. "If you are the LAPD, you are better off investigating all the allegations, however old, and not waiting till some newer one comes in the door.”

Late last year, another Cosby accuser gave a statement to Los Angeles detectives.

Judy Huth alleged that Cosby sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974, when she was 16. Huth said Cosby put his hand down her pants and kissed her — allegations that his attorney denied.

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said at that time that his department would investigate even allegations beyond the statute of limitations because they might yield information about newer cases.

The district attorney’s office declined to prosecute, citing the statute of limitations.

In Goins’ case, Cosby lawyer Martin Singer said his client did nothing wrong and was not present at the Playboy Mansion event.

Spencer Kuvin, Goins’ attorney, alleges she met Cosby during a private party at the mansion.

She and a friend were handed drinks by the comedian, Kuvin said. Shortly thereafter, she felt dizzy and nauseated. It was suggested she rest in a bedroom, and Cosby offered to show her the way, he said.

“She awoke naked. She was wet all over like someone had been licking her, and Cosby was biting her toes,” Kuvin said.
 CharminC
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:34:34 AM
Sooo........Hef had underaged girls at the mansion and Cosby is one of his close friends? Hmmmm
 Brave_one
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/30/2015 5:02:40 PM

I wonder what Cosby's apologists, those that defended him blindly, will say now?

the flesh is weak.....or my ego is weak, or my pouch could use little bread.....that’s the way most of us are wired....

As temptation to do wrong is ever present unless there one good man or woman to say...no way Jose....
and the beat goes on to prove there wrong......hopefully or not......
 williamgarrison
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/30/2015 9:07:13 PM
Cosby didn't need to give those women drugs. They were willing to have sex with him anyway.
Looks bad for Cos.
 deetristate
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/31/2015 3:33:35 AM
You are not allowed to say that, William. OR any of the opinions that you posted yesterday.
LIB Rule 1,2,3,and 4 will soon be used against you. (usually name-calling and derision)
But then they will probably be more respectful to you because , well, they don't think that they can control how YOU think and what you say.

I get the PC general position of "always believe when a woman says that she was raped." That is usually what PC requires. ( and children. Remember that day care where all those owners/operators were accused and later the retraction made a blip on the news?)

However, I will never get "attack the wife" whether it is Cosby, Clinton, that Penn State coach or some mafia boss. And it is usually women doing it.

(Curious as to what you said about Netenyahu and Racism that they deleted. on the other threads.)
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/31/2015 3:52:23 AM

I was saying wether he was or wasn't funny is irrelevant.

of course it is. but the fact that he was never funny anyway although some people thought he was, just makes him even creepier. fukking clown rapist.

But it's almost like people are shading his comedy because they are reluctant to accept that he built up such a beloved status in the industry hardly anyone believed - or wanted to believe the stories at first.

there will be a few dense people like that. just like there will be a few dense people who will say that the women would have had sex with him anyway, because Cosby.

But what I would like to happen now is that ALL the people complicit in his actions, from his wife on down, get exposed by the media as well.

it's going to be pretty hard to accuse his wife for anything but being abysmally stupid, and that isn't illegal. I did see an article the other day that reported he almost came to blows with the gynecologist who was supplying him with 'ludes. unfortunately it was only because the gynecologist was offended that Cosby had tried to rape one of his friends. and that doctor is now dead.

http://gawker.com/bill-cosby-was-getting-quaaludes-from-his-gynecologist-1719926838
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/31/2015 5:36:14 PM
I think is kind of weird that every article I've read people refer to this Leroy Amar doctor as Cosby's gynecologist. I've been working in a community health center for the past 20 years, and I've never seen a man scheduling an appointment to see a gynecologist. And this gynecologist confronted Cosby when he tried to assault one of his friends, but did not pressed charges. There are too many people in positions of power complicit of his behavior.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/31/2015 6:22:43 PM

However, I will never get "attack the wife" whether it is Cosby, Clinton, that Penn State coach or some mafia boss. And it is usually women doing it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. I include women in this quote.

The wives know their husbands, and they profited tremendously from their husband's success and turning a blind eye. You will notice the "stand by your man" routine this goes on when the husband is very wealthy.

And now Camille Cosby can no longer claim she KNOWS NOTHING. So for her to defend him now just means she agrees with him.

So these are the reasons some cast the wives in the same camp.

Back when I was a teenager over 40+ years ago, I thought Bill Cosby was very funny. But haven't listened to anything from him in the last 30 years, he could have been dead for all I knew. But from reading about him, he seems stuck in the past with his comedy.

I never cared for the Cosby Show, but I don't like those sorts of sitcoms. Jeffersons, Will and Grace, Sanford and son, they all have the same sort of theme. And as far as OJ goes, I thought he was a rotten actor and only got the job because of his football career. For me it was painful to watch OJ attempt to act.

I was as surprised as anyone about all the revelations, but once it went up past 10 women with similar stories, I knew it was true.

It's too bad all of our illusions are dashed on the rocks of perversion, but it is what it is.
 deetristate
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/31/2015 7:18:11 PM
You believe wives have that much control? WOW! To whom were you married?

I know wives who don't know where their husbands work or how much they earn, so yes, I give them the benefit of ignorant bliss.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/31/2015 7:21:59 PM
dee, I am not sure where you got "control" out of what I posted.

But with BC, now the whole world knows, so she can't claim ignorant bliss. What about now?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bill Cosby admitted under oath he got Quaaludes to give women for sex