Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bill Cosby admitted under oath he got Quaaludes to give women for sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 151
Bill Cosby admitted under oath he got Quaaludes to give women for sexPage 7 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I don't actually have an opinion here. But wish to note, his bail is a million dollars, so someone in the court system doesn't think it's baseless.

Some peeps, male and female, feel pretty much entitled to do as they wish, by whatever means come to hand. I think we've all known individuals like that.

Willing to wait on justice.
 trinity818
Msg: 152
Bill Cosby admitted under oath he got Quaaludes to give women for sex
Posted: 12/31/2015 6:01:50 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-prosecuting-bill-cosby-wont-be-as-difficult-as-it-once-was/ar-BBo3VNh?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

According to Deborah Harley, at the time chief of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Unit of the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, misconceptions about rape victims’ behaviors made it harder for prosecutors to convince the jury.

“Some of the victims were in denial, some blamed themselves. They didn’t fight back. Some obviously experienced memory loss because we believe they were drugged,” Harley told the Philadelphia Weekly.

Andrea Constand, the alleged victim in the Cosby case, first reported Cosby to police in 2005, about a year after the incident allegedly occurred, in January or February 2004.

Prosecutors declined to pursue Constand's original complaint, but at a press conference announcing the new charges Wednesday morning, the First Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele said that fresh evidence -- including testimony by Cosby unsealed this year from a civil lawsuit -- made re-opening the case “ not a question" but rather “a duty.”

According to the affidavit, Cosby admitted in the deposition that he gave Constand the pills, positioned himself behind her in the “spooning” position, and digitally penetrated her.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/1/2016 8:12:30 AM

Msg: 157:
Why not go to the hospital right away?

If you are interested in learning why victims don't go to the hospital right away, and want to make a difference, become a volunteer with a sexual assault program in your area, get involved.
 deetristate
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/2/2016 5:31:36 AM
As one comedian noted, more than 50 people said that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and there were 30 or more accusations of child molestation at various day care centers in the 80s and 90s.

I see that they are harassing his wife now.

Just like they harass Hillary Clinton about Bill Clinton's actions.

And it is the same "I am woman, hear me roar" types who say that Hillary is not responsible. (True) How is this different?

Cosby's wife should just go and get it over with as this judge has ordered her to violate the spousal privilege.

Cosby's wife's answers, after she gives her name, should be:

I don't know

I never heard of that.

I can't remember.

I don't know.

I can't remember.

I can't recall.
 Walts
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/2/2016 6:25:34 AM

I don't know

I never heard of that.

I can't remember.

I don't know.

I can't remember.

I can't recall.

I heard thru the grapevine that's the new "way" of the world. Just play tupid. Do it, cause everybody else does it? Or is it, I'm doing it this way, cause I can? Or is it, stand by your man???? This will make all women of the world proud wouldn't it?????
 8inscrew
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/2/2016 7:44:25 AM
Walts, you are canadian... so it's obviously different from here, but
Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty?

These women had physical proof of their claims.
50 women. Not one rape kit?

But now they want money?
Not justice.... they could have done the right thing at the time. Saved others.
I wonder if his wife feels the same?

Civil vs. Criminal are very different in this country.
The PA prosecutor seems to be jumping on a band wagon....
we will see.

Interesting to see so many condemn based on the media.

"The American Way" is being eaten by ignorance and apathy, and shat out in half hour time slots
replete with 8-10 advertisements per. Agendas?

Did he do this? I do not know.
If he did.... I think he should be made public example of. Like the subway guy Jared.
Hang them at the courthouse. Right after trial. On the lawn.

But to put on a media campaign before trail.... has tainted the world's jury pool.
Evidenced by the far and wide responses here.

If you were drugged against your will, and Bill Cosby raped you....
would you tell the cops or the media?
Would you sue first then prosecute?
 nightryder111
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/2/2016 8:06:10 AM
Maybe ask some of the rape survivors from 20 or 30 years ago how well it went when they reported being raped by their priest. How well did that go? Hell, look back 10 years.

Look back at date rape, domestic voilence, stranger rape and "Bill Cosby type" rape from 20 or 30 or 40 years ago. Rarely reported, rarely taken seriously, charges rarely laid. So yes, priests, professional sports figures and celebrities as well as the semi rich and rich and powerful got away with...rape and all,sorts of other things.

I believe these women.
 Walts
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/2/2016 8:16:30 AM
^^^^ Yes, I am Canadian. No, I'm not a woman. And no, you can't try to use "what I would do" on me. Why? I'm not a woman that hung around Mr. Cosby 10,15, or 20 years ago. Now, if you want to ask my daughter, today, what she would do, today, if placed in the a scenario as you describe, I could explain to you that she has been raised to have the skills, the fortitude, the ability to step up, when it matters. But would she? Only, she, as individual would be able to answer, at the time. Did these women, from the past, have those skills given or taught to them? By society? By their parents?

Take post number 162 as an example. Another women giving advice to another of the same gender on how to answer or reply to questions of the court. Using that example alone still gives me examples of some women STILL being happy to sit back, be pretty and not be heard. Cause that's exactly what post number 162 is suggesting. The post definitely is NOT suggesting to "step up".

We seem to have opportunities like this Cosby scenario to at the very least, listen with an open mind. Sure question, but, don't try to come up with the answer when you are doing the questioning. Listen. Observe. Try to "understand". Strength can come from numbers. It has happened with children that have been abused by clergy. It has happened with citizens being abused by governments. It has happened with family members that have been abused by another member of the same family.

We, members of some societies, have a tough admitting to certain things of our past. This admittance, in some people's brains somehow reflects on us, today. We are seeing the same mistakes of the past, coming up AGAIN, with the Syrian refugee scenario being played out. We, humans, are not the quickest learners. We put people up on pedestals for what I think is the silliest reasons. Mr. Cosby was a comedian. Mr. Cosby was a writer, of sorts. He was a celebrity. (only we can explain "why"). BUT, Mr. Cosby was and is a human. And humans, with history giving us unlimited evidence, can do some pretty phucked up things to others.

I understand that shattering a belief or illusion sucks, but reality sometimes does suck.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/2/2016 11:35:29 AM
Fifty is too many? All just for money?

The scandal broke in early November 2011 when Sandusky was indicted on 52 counts of child molestation. Although Sandusky's abuse may have begun in the 1970s; he was charged for abuse that occurred between 1994 and 2009.[1] Additionally, three school officials were charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, failure to report suspected child abuse, and related charges: school president, Graham Spanier, and athletic director, Tim Curley.[2] Shortly after the scandal broke, Spanier resigned. The Penn State Board of Trustees fired Curley. The Board of Trustees also fired longtime head football coach, Joe Paterno.

And the town was mad, NOT at Sandusky or Paterno, but at the KIDS.

Weird.
 cotter
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2016 3:02:53 PM
Message 157 ...
I see this differently.
50 some odd women were drugged and raped?
Is there even one rape kit? One tox report?
Why not go to the hospital right away?
I wonder what kind of procedure they use to check the vagina for DNA when a guy rapes you with his finger? Remember ... even "digital penetration" can be considered "rape".

Why wait 11 years, and only come with charges now? (Prosecutor)
Some prosecutors apparently don't do their jobs. Sometimes we just have to wait until one gets elected that will do their job.

Message 164 ...
If you were drugged against your will, and Bill Cosby raped you....
would you tell the cops or the media?
Nah ... I seriously doubt they would believe me.

Would you sue first then prosecute?
I'm not sure what that statement refers to. I believe the case he was recently arrested for settled out of court and the deposition just recently became available to the public. Maybe that's how the "new" prosecutor found out what Cosby admitted to and decided the victim didn't need to press charges? They can press charges even if the victim doesn't?

I know that's what happened when a friend of mine got beat up by her boyfriend and she wanted to press charges but then he visited her while she was still in the hospital and threatened the rest of her family ... even the baby niece. So she dropped the charges ... the prosecutor went after him anyways and they did put him in jail. That happened while I was working in the Tampa jail (Orient Road) and after they booked him in, they had to move him over to Falkenburg Road location. (Nurses aren't allowed to pass meds to or tend to people they know personally. No favoritism allowed ... don't cha know! ... not that she'd do that especially given the guy ran over her and was thumping on her until she was barely conscious.)

Message 167 ...
And the town was mad, NOT at Sandusky or Paterno, but at the KIDS.

Weird.
Yeah ... go figure. I wonder what "8inscrew" thinks about those poor children.
 daynadaze
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2016 8:06:38 PM
What I would have done as a young woman is totally different than what I would do now, now I would go to the police, I would contact a lawyer, and I would make sure a rape kit was used, I would be mad as hell and fight back. When I was young, I didn't know what to do or how to act and would certainly have blamed myself and been ashamed & scared. Some of the comments here show exactly why so many people don't report rapes.
 deetristate
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/4/2016 5:08:44 AM
30 years ago it would have been fine for me to transfer 10k without mounds of paperwork. Five years ago, a man in cali or on campus did not have to get affirmative consent before having a woman who came to his room voluntarily.
Having volunteered for rape crisis, what makes it hard are allegations like these- old and suspect- and the backlash that makes women hesitate.

Weren't there rape kits in the 70s and 80s and 90s?

The circumstances of the various storiea are questionable: You knew he was married. You went to his home and the wife wasn't there. You say that you both woke uP in your pajamas. You met at the playboy mansion. You continued to see him. You say that you took a lot of drugs in those days.
Again- casting couch didn't pay off. Although it may now.
(If he dies,will they sue his estate?)

All 50(?) were assaults or rapes? No.
The piling on is making it hard for the couple that may be,maybe happened. So, therefore, the more of them the less I believe.

Isn't gloria alred from that part of Pennsylvania?
 gtomustang
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/4/2016 8:38:57 AM
Those who victimize....tend to pick victims who won't fight back, stand up for themselves afterward, etc. They don't like that kind of challenge. Were there rape kits back then? yes, and many departments were still going thru the backlog until just recently. check the state you live in:

http://endthebacklog.org/

when I did a google search, first thing to come up was that Fl alone had 13,000, according to ABC. just to give you an idea of the number out there.
 cotter
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 8:52:30 AM
Message 170 ...
Having volunteered for rape crisis ...
If the poster in Message 170 really had volunteered for rape crisis, she would know that "digital penetration" is considered "rape" and she would also know that a so-called "rape kit" would be useless when it comes to vaginal samples (smears) ... perhaps could be useful if the victim scratched the rapist but in the cases of Cosby, his victims had been drugged and rendered unable to fight back.

Weren't there rape kits in the 70s and 80s and 90s?
I repeat ... as I said in Message 168 ..
I wonder what kind of procedure they use to check the vagina for DNA when a guy rapes you with his finger? Remember ... even "digital penetration" can be considered "rape".

You knew he was married.
Women can't have a meeting or discussion with a married man without expecting to get raped?

You went to his home and the wife wasn't there.
I have been at the home of several men and their wife was not present ... and I did not expect to be raped or sexually approached. When I go to a man's house to practice musical parts for a performance, should I have to wait until his wife gets there before we can practice ... rehearse our parts ... go over the music and make changes that need to be made?

Again- casting couch didn't pay off.
I seriously doubt very many of the women involved in the accusations were expecting any kind of "casting favor".

(If he dies,will they sue his estate?)
Let's hope so.
 villabolos
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/4/2016 12:38:35 PM
IT does not matter who thinks they are more knowledgeable than the other on this subject.

It will be decided in a court of law.

Yes, the stress from this could kill Cosby and might very well destroy his family.
If these charges are found to be false, these women should face harsh punishment for the damage they have done...we know though that will never happen.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/4/2016 12:45:07 PM

30 years ago it would have been fine for me to transfer 10k without mounds of paperwork. Five years ago, a man in cali or on campus did not have to get affirmative consent before having a woman who came to his room voluntarily.

so to you the relevant law is that in effect 30, or 5 years ago..not today's law?

pretty sure that is not the way the legal system works..

the law 160 years ago allowed ownership of slaves..why can't I own some today ?
 villabolos
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/4/2016 12:45:09 PM
I would bet that Cosby has an insurance policy of some kind which protects his estate.
He's paying through the roof for the policy, but it also protects him in the times where people come after him. (no proof- just a guess)
He won't go broke from this.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/4/2016 12:57:05 PM

I don't know

perhaps better she deny knowledge of her own name? why not? anything flies in court..probably she is close to being able to avail herself of the Alzheimer's failsafe solution..

say.."I don't know..who is that man in the defendant's chair? ", "where am I? ", "who am I".."mommy turn the lights out! "
 deetristate
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/4/2016 1:20:01 PM
Jerome's law.
Anyway, would you be prosecuted today for owning slaves when it was legal when you don't now?
 cotter
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2016 1:26:34 PM
I'll bet he thought he was off the hook when that lame prosecutor in Pennsylvania refused to press charges and he thought that deposition would stay hushed.

Say ... is anything private for very long these days?

Thank goodness for the new prosecutor with the guts to do the right thing. ...

(There were a lot of people not long ago who couldn't imagine that ole Jared Fogle could be so twisted ... eh?)
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/4/2016 1:28:16 PM
I want some of the same stuff you smoke..would you be prosecuted now because you moved over $10 000 without reporting it , 30 years ago when it was legal?
seriously I don't know WTF point you seem to be trying to make , at least half the time..apparently it all makes sense inside of your head, if no one else's
 buxombad
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/4/2016 1:28:49 PM

I would bet that Cosby has an insurance policy of some kind which protects his estate.
He's paying through the roof for the policy, but it also protects him in the times where people come after him. (no proof- just a guess)
He won't go broke from this.

Almost all policies have exclusions for the type of intentional acts for which he is accused. This is on his dime. Who knows what these women can prove. I would guess a certain percentage of them are frauds there only because they smell money. But where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

I suppose a celebrity can purchase some sort of endorsement to protect from these types of allegations, but certainly that would be far from a standard policy.
 buxombad
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/4/2016 1:31:33 PM

I'll bet he thought he was off the hook when that lame prosecutor in Pennsylvania refused to press charges and he thought that deposition would stay hushed.

Haven't read most of this thread or others concerning these matters . . . but the lawyer who allowed Cosby to make admissions in Court did a terrible job that day. Maybe Cosby surprised him with his answer (i.e. he was not prepared) No Court can compel testimony in a civil case if it can be used against the person in a criminal prosecution. Its called the Fifth Amendment.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/4/2016 2:48:45 PM

This woman voluntarily went to a private room with a married famous man, voluntarily accepted drugs, and now claims,at once, that she was unconscious but yet details what he allegedly did? Yeah, OK.

How odd…someone who claims to have been:

Having volunteered for rape crisis

Victimizes the victim.

All 50(?) were assaults or rapes? No.
The piling on is making it hard for the couple that may be,maybe happened. So, therefore, the more of them the less I believe.

Perhaps the Catholic church didn’t have priests that systematically preyed on children…thousands of children-on several continents…perhaps there was one or two that actually were victimized (dripping sarcasm) …perhaps, rather than one or two of Cosby’s accusers being raped, there are actually one or two who weren’t raped, and the rest have just been victimized once more here.

Having spent a lot of time in that county, the chances of outraged liberals and people who moved out of the nearby city to get away from the population doing the same thing is slim. Not impossible, but slim.

I’m sitting here wondering what outraged liberals have to do with anything. Cosby admitted in open court that he drugged Constand, “positioned himself behind her in the “spooning” position, and digitally penetrated her.” There’s little an outraged liberal or radical republican can do with that admission. Cosby admitted he chemically restrained Constand and sexually assaulted her by digital penetration. I just wonder how the defense will attempt to spin that one….I’ve already seen how radical republicans attempt to deflect, ignore, and justify Cosby’s sexual assault.

Jerome's law

Hold on…are you calling Jerome’s law on yourself?

Anyway, would you be prosecuted today for owning slaves when it was legal when you don't now?

ROFLMO…now that’s a first…

Edit to includeVVVV:

Such hostility

Rarely does one see a radical republican with such thin skin…oh well.

Did he make admissions of a crime?

Hmmmm….perhaps that’s why the prosecutor in this case filed criminal charges…duh…

Does not prove a crime of any sort.

I guess that among other things, you’re not familiar with how the judicial system works in America…try google…it “might” help

If calling me a radical regives you jollies, enjoy!

ROFLMAO…it doesn’t “regive” me anything…but, seeing another radical republican prove once again-they’re dumb fvcks does.
 deetristate
Msg: 175
Posted: 1/4/2016 2:57:07 PM
Such hostility. Oh, well.

Did he make admissions of a crime?

I imagine that several men on POF would answer the question
"Did you buy beer or wine (weed?)with the intention of giving it to the woman and having sex with her?"

"Yes."

Does not prove a crime of any sort.

As soon as there is beyond a doubt evidence, I will change my mind like whoopie Goldberg and post it here. Acts alone don't make a crime.

"I took money from Irish" alone does not equal a crime.

Alleged "victims". This is the USA.

If calling me a radical repulican gives you jollies, enjoy!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bill Cosby admitted under oath he got Quaaludes to give women for sex