Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Horrible restaurant experiences on first date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clooneystutor
Msg: 49
Horrible restaurant experiences on first datePage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^^
That's pathetic and down right stupid.

You know what they say about ASSumptions...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Horrible restaurant experiences on first date
Posted: 7/19/2015 6:59:25 PM

As if that wasn't enough, she then proceeded to lecture my co-workers that a gentleman always pays for dinner, and kept reminding us every time she came to our table. We just ignored her.

Are you fvcking kidding me? WOW. At the first swing by the server, I would have been not so mean but said "Nice, looks like you got a lot of training in being kosher with the customers... we're not swingers, we're co-workers... but if I ran the company, I surely would. But I'm not, thanks." If the server came at me with another swing, I would have talked to the gals about it, and if they found it rude as well (which I'm assuming they did) -- I would tell them that I'll pick up the tabs if they just pay me roughly half their bills, but not to let the server know/see.

I would then put all 3 on my card and left the waitress with $0.25 tip. With a note saying, "This is how much your next date should pay for you, if you are so lucky. Don't keep talking crap to customers. Peace."
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:59:48 PM
We were having a great time, didn't want anyone to ruin our weekend. It was two of my co-workers first visit to NYC, so we simply ignored her.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2015 9:38:10 AM

We were having a great time, didn't want anyone to ruin our weekend. It was two of my co-workers first visit to NYC, so we simply ignored her.

Yeah, I wouldn't have wanted to ruin it either -- although if a waitress was repeatedly saying crap like that, that'd already be affecting it somewhat. I would have gone for the $0.25 tip, myself if she kept at it after my first response that we were a group of co-workers, not swingers (to give it some tongue-in-cheek jest).
 StarClassic
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:07:48 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't have wanted to ruin it either -- although if a waitress was repeatedly saying crap like that, that'd already be affecting it somewhat. I would have gone for the $0.25 tip, myself if she kept at it after my first response that we were a group of co-workers, not swingers (to give it some tongue-in-cheek jest).

While it is possible to invert a glass of water over a penny, there's no guarantee it will fall face down.
I've simply started leaving the penny. Face down of course. If they've been serving tables long enough they know what it means.
 JPMinClearwater
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2015 6:56:13 PM
Sorry......but I'm still chuckling over the fact that being taken to a table instead of a booth counts as a "horrible restaurant experience"......SMH
 Seki1949
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 1:35:29 AM
@swan

huh.....reminds me of when I was on holiday with my guy and we were due to fly home on valentines day

I worked an all-days kids event on a Saturday, Feb. 2015. On the way home, I was tired, hungry, and a little disheveled. I decide to stop at a Mexican restaurant I had passed many times. The restaurant had a small room upon entrance and I couldn't see the main dinning room.

"How many?"

"Just myself"

Big sad smile by the hostess. "One?"

"Yes, just myself" A little annoyed.

We go around the corner into the main room filled wall to wall with well dressed Hispanic couples with red roses on the tables. Room full of joy and conversation except for one small lonely table with two roses on it.

So I sat by myself at my small lonely table with two roses on it surrounded by smiling, happy couples and the occasional sad eyed glance at me by the women from time to time.

Feb.14?!? St Valentines day?!? I had totally forgotten it. So I had one of the longest, slowest meals of my life with my two read roses.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:03:52 AM
Who says Millenials aren't hardy?
 StarClassic
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/25/2015 8:11:05 AM

Sorry......but I'm still chuckling over the fact that being taken to a table instead of a booth counts as a "horrible restaurant experience"......SMH

Imagine the reaction if the french fries in his happy meal had been soggy.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/25/2015 8:26:37 AM

Feb.14?!? St Valentines day?!? I had totally forgotten it.

This happened to me years ago! I used to like this Polish bar/restaurant and I'd go there alone a lot. On one Tuesday, I was looking forward to a nice hot meal and a beer, but I could not find parking. And all these well-dressed COUPLES were crowding the entrance. Darn it! It's Valentine's Day! Turn around and go home.
 Maleman999
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/25/2015 8:36:15 AM
Saying you forgot that it was V-Day is like saying you forgot that Dec. 25 is Christmas day. How can anyone forget when it's super hyped up, and ads for it are shoved in our faces and ears from every possible angle, 24/7, for at least a week or two beforehand?
 south_city
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/25/2015 12:56:05 PM

The server began by giving me flattering compliments of what a lucky man I was to be surrounded by three beautiful women, and ended the sentence by insinuating that gentlemen always pays. As if that wasn't enough, she then proceeded to lecture my co-workers that a gentleman always pays for dinner, and kept reminding us every time she came to our table. We just ignored her.

I wouldn't have cared if she had mentioned that once as a joke. But it would have been annoying if she kept repeating it. She doesn't know the circumstances. Perhaps one of the women was taking me out for my birthday. Or we take turns paying the bill and it was one of the women turn to pay. I wouldn't have given her a tip that situation if I was paying.
 Seki1949
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 1:01:26 PM
^^^

I think Christmas is in December this year.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/25/2015 2:45:02 PM
That can't be right. I'm pretty sure it was in December last year.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:12:27 PM

So I sat by myself at my small lonely table with two roses on it surrounded by smiling, happy couples and the occasional sad eyed glance at me by the women from time to time.

I did that once at an upscale restaurant, they had big heart decorations at each table. I did feel conspicuous sitting alone, and I did get more than a few glances.

I vaguely thought about Valentines Day, but didn't think about what it would mean. I was out in that city for a month on business, and I had to go somewhere to eat. I probably should have stopped at a fast food joint.

Most of the time I am quite content to eat a long slow meal alone at a restaurant, but not that time.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 5:27:16 PM
Why on Earth didnt the girl get a nose job then instead of the breast implants she probably had?
It seemed to rule and restrict her life so I would have even gone into debt to that nose corrected.
 Seki1949
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 10:02:43 PM
HalfTime!

You look and dress just like my cousin Kenny who lives in your area. Body language and interests are a match also. Cousin Kenny is (or was) an avid kayaker who won the BC provincial games one year and went to the national games.

Your age is off by about 25 years, but I haven't seen cousin Kenny in 25 years. He has a son, you would be just the right age.

Fess Up! I can keep a secret!

Signed, Your California Cousin

PS: Sorry for the forum bandwidth, but HT only accepts messages from females. That also seems about right.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/25/2015 10:17:07 PM
I've spent my entire life being told that I look just someone's cousin. I'll bet Kenny has had the same experience.
 LegendofPOF
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/25/2015 10:45:54 PM

I worked an all-days kids event on a Saturday, Feb. 2015. On the way home, I was tired, hungry, and a little disheveled. I decide to stop at a Mexican restaurant I had passed many times. The restaurant had a small room upon entrance and I couldn't see the main dinning room.

"How many?"

"Just myself"

Big sad smile by the hostess. "One?"

"Yes, just myself" A little annoyed.

We go around the corner into the main room filled wall to wall with well dressed Hispanic couples with red roses on the tables. Room full of joy and conversation except for one small lonely table with two roses on it.

Feb.14?!? St Valentines day?!? I had totally forgotten it. So I had one of the longest, slowest meals of my life with my two read roses.

That sounds like something someone would make up and post on the internet as a sad poem.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/26/2015 1:33:02 PM

You could have gotten your food to go.

Btw…waitresses ask how many in a party to seat at an appropriate table. Your perceptions of others pitying you may not have been accurate.

A restaurant full of supposedly “happy” couples just sounds desperate to me: “Look, look at us! Happy couple on Valentine’s Day! Here we are, notice us!”

I’d rather be at home with my SO fvcking each other’s brains out and having dinner delivered… not worrying what anybody else is doing.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/26/2015 1:51:42 PM

I’d rather be at home with my SO fvcking each other’s brains out and having dinner delivered… not worrying what anybody else is doing.

I cannot think of a single argument to oppose this line of thinking.
 runningout
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 2:23:08 PM

As we always do when we are together, we asked upfront that we will need separate checks.

The server began by giving me flattering compliments of what a lucky man I was to be surrounded by three beautiful women, and ended the sentence by insinuating that gentlemen always pays

Sounds to me like she is trying to work the three females for tips. Since it was already said that separate checks were needed.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/26/2015 2:49:53 PM

runningout :
Sounds to me like she is trying to work the three females for tips. Since it was already said that separate checks were needed.

Even though it was annoying, we didn't hold it against her. The food was excellent, and we know that working for tips/gratuity is hard.
 Seki1949
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 3:07:00 PM

You could have gotten your food to go.

Unlike Chinese, Mexican food does not travel well.
 runningout
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 3:11:27 PM
There lies the problem. You shouldn't have to work for tips. I have worked in the service industry and never "worked" for tips. Regulars who I served who didn't tip, still got the same service and respect as others.

There was one time when my boyfriend and I went out to eat. The waitress comes over and she is focusing her attention on my boyfriend as she is yammering about drinks and specials. Debit was fairly new back then so I asked her if debit was accepted there. She answers yes as looking at him. So basically after being ignored the whole time by said waitress, she comes over and sets the bill in front of him. I pick it up and say" Wow, imagine your shock seeing that the chick you have been ignoring all night is actually the one paying. Don't think for a minute you are getting a tip"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Horrible restaurant experiences on first date