Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Horrible restaurant experiences on first date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 71
Horrible restaurant experiences on first datePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

runningout :
Sounds to me like she is trying to work the three females for tips. Since it was already said that separate checks were needed.

Even though it was annoying, we didn't hold it against her. The food was excellent, and we know that working for tips/gratuity is hard.
 Seki1949
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Horrible restaurant experiences on first date
Posted: 7/26/2015 3:07:00 PM

You could have gotten your food to go.

Unlike Chinese, Mexican food does not travel well.
 runningout
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Horrible restaurant experiences on first date
Posted: 7/26/2015 3:11:27 PM
There lies the problem. You shouldn't have to work for tips. I have worked in the service industry and never "worked" for tips. Regulars who I served who didn't tip, still got the same service and respect as others.

There was one time when my boyfriend and I went out to eat. The waitress comes over and she is focusing her attention on my boyfriend as she is yammering about drinks and specials. Debit was fairly new back then so I asked her if debit was accepted there. She answers yes as looking at him. So basically after being ignored the whole time by said waitress, she comes over and sets the bill in front of him. I pick it up and say" Wow, imagine your shock seeing that the chick you have been ignoring all night is actually the one paying. Don't think for a minute you are getting a tip"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Horrible restaurant experiences on first date