Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 5r6fmemtoogggg22
Msg: 426
The board was much better with moderatorsPage 18 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

They are GONE (except for the event mod).

Interesting, it was Allison, friends with some of the people on these boards, constantly telling them the way the system now worked, that there were only "event" mods. Well I don't know what that means or what an "event" mod is, what I do know is there are mods here who target certain individuals they do not like. I am not "obsessed" with them in the sense I give them any thoughts off these boards. I just am disgusted that POF allows such miserable people to lurk in the background with the authority to terminate profiles, and I am disgusted that it allows women here. . . when all men know . . a signficant percentage of women are b^tches, to terminate people they do not like.

I participated . . gladly ... in having Volkano and Motown deleted, but only after they bragged online about having me repeatedly deleted for no other reason than those b^tches did not like my opinions.

I had nothing to do with Literate Hiker being repeatedly deleted. I was hoping she would explain herself after I pointed out "inconsistencies" in her various anti-men, anti-law enforcement threads. Of course, she never attempted to confront her accusers. She just kept on yapping away in her Narcissistic manner.

Don't mislead the people here about the mods lurking in the background. What is the point?

Take this profile. It will be gone far quicker than it could be gone simply because it may be reported by the members. The truth is, there probably are not enough people reading these threads to report, and you have to be a sick b^tch to go out of your way to repeatedly report other people who post here. I know there are some sick b^tches here . . . but most of the b^tches here couldn't be bothered to report. Why would they really care.

Anyway, I'm done here for a while. Still have plenty of profiles hidden from the mods from all over the country. But I actually have work to do here.

See you Allison.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 427
The board was much better with moderators
Posted: 10/10/2016 9:00:14 AM
Listen, Krebs -

Go to this thread:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/deletedposts.aspx

The ONLY posts being deleted are regarding events.
If someone here had actual "mod powers," don't you think they would be able to delete individual posts?

I don't really care if you think I'm miss Allison. I was here before her - think; lateā„¢, pandy, ticketoride, etc.

I think it is sad that you can't figure it out. You pride yourself on your intellectual prowess, after all.

Now you are coming off as paranoid. That kind of thing only gets worse, as time rolls on.

Anyway, this site is basically on auto-pilot. Nobody cares what happens here, anymore.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 428
Posted: 10/11/2016 3:38:37 PM
I just had one of my profile pix go "poof" for some mysterious reason....

A pretty good indication that there are mods ?
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 429
Posted: 10/11/2016 4:44:09 PM
More like a glitch in the system. I've read the profiles of more than one local woman who mention in their copy that a previous profile disappeared. And these aren't weird or unlikely profiles in any way.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2016 7:07:57 AM
Years ago these forums used to be loads of fun and interesting. These days, there is so little participation, that I doubt that there are either mods nor people interested in being mods.Miss Allison was a sad, crazy person, the likes of which I have not seen for years. Its pretty easy to spot who is who by the opinions they post, regardless of the handles they use.

As for IP and browser identification, unless you are really lazy, these days its trivial to do anonymous browsing and to make your IP invisible. Most browsers have a "private" mode, and some browser offer IP proxy. The only effective method of zapping someone is with their handle, and that is a waste of effort since you could create a new handle every 10 minutes, as we have amply seen.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2016 12:56:53 PM

The ONLY posts being deleted are regarding events.
If someone here had actual "mod powers," don't you think they would be able to delete individual posts?

OMG, you haven't seen Posts being deleted? Whole pages of posts deleted?
Someone behind the scenes can delete posts, but it breaks the software when they do.
You are redirected to the main forum list when this happens.
When another post is made, it repairs the damage.
Every Page in this forum is made up of 25 posts.
Post number 26 starts a new page....

Yet there are pages consisting of just one post.
Each post is assigned a post number when it's made..
You will find large gaps in the post numbers, too.

So Yes, there is someone with the power to delete posts and they are deleting posts.
Don't piss down our backs and say it's raining...
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 432
Posted: 10/14/2016 1:44:46 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ For example. The thread, OP, Nataly, The Birthday bluez, page 8 , Msg #176, by GTO. Next Msg #180, by Aintnodeal .
WHAT happened to Msg #177, 178, 179? And the following pages? Complete pages missing?

There are times one can see [Delete post] at the bottom of the section where a post appears.
Are we to believe this is the only way a post is deleted? I doubt it.
Msg: 433
Posted: 10/14/2016 4:52:53 PM
You mean like this?

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15200213.aspx

Unfortunately, I made a post #81, or you would have seen the "empty" pages listed.

Don't piss down our backs and say it's raining...

Ooh .. owie ... so wude, Blue!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2016 8:58:08 AM
The event mod has the "power" do delete posts and threads.

No doubt several people working on POF have similar power.

And I know for sure people have appealed to POF and the event mod to step in and delete a thread just like a MOD would have done. Just that isn't in their job description to do that.

But there aren't any MODs, and I am also sure if someone frequently asked to have posts and threads deleted, it is done as a favor to that person and would get old real quick if it happened often. Meaning it's not their "job" do act as a MOD, and it would be extracurricular work, and might even get that person in trouble if it caused problems that went up to management.

Just guessing.

There could of course be a secret MOD who's job it is to be a MOD, I don't think that is happening, but there is no way to prove that.

Even if I were actively posting, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either way, the forum just isn't that important to my life.
 IceHoleFishey
Msg: 435
Posted: 10/15/2016 2:15:22 PM
eh, all these social and dating sites are run by propaganda globalists. You have no rights. lmfao

and I'm still wondering how you go from page one this thread, to this page with the same username but different sign up times. Doesn't happen.

Bill Clinton is a rapist. lol
Msg: 436
Posted: 10/15/2016 6:09:51 PM
Hey, dragonbytes, this seems to be addressed to you:

I'm still wondering how you go from page one this thread, to this page with the same username but different sign up times. Doesn't happen.

Some of the recent posts on tbis thread bring to mind children trying to understand a magic trick.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2016 6:55:14 PM
Thanks starHalo I doubt I would have caught that.

I used to be a little bit, I was just a newbie, but then I grew be a whole byte.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/usermessages.aspx?user_Id=35249176

and I'm still wondering how you go from page one this thread, to this page with the same username but different sign up times. Doesn't happen.

doesn't happen? Perhaps it's not happening ??

It's taken a long time, but finally I have gotten my Buddha mind power to work at a distance!
 justdeb111a
Msg: 438
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2016 9:40:07 PM

I just had one of my profile pix go "poof" for some mysterious reason....

A pretty good indication that there are mods ?

Or you got nailed by someone doing the picture review thing, I did, and all this time I thought that the "no shirt, no pic rule" was for guys profiles only.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 439
Posted: 10/16/2016 8:18:10 AM
They get all snotty about pants too.

I thought this was supposed to be a dating site, not a church picnic.

I also learned about the "pants rule" at church picnics the hard way.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2016 3:56:21 PM
A few more threads in different sub forums went Poof over night, well past the Vote off Limit, too.....

But no one behind the scene is pulling the Strings, Right?
Msg: 441
Posted: 10/16/2016 5:18:29 PM
^^^ How do you know they were "well past the Vote off Limit"? Do you have voting powers?

Here ... if the "Deleted By" field is blank, the thread was voted off:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/deletedthreads.aspx

Trapped was still around here:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/deletedthreads.aspx?forumpage=63

Miss_Allison on following page.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 442
Posted: 10/17/2016 10:47:58 AM

^^^ How do you know they were "well past the Vote off Limit"? Do you have voting powers?

Do you see the message at the top of this new thread saying the thread is redundant, and giving you the opportunity to vote it off?

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16570569.aspx

If you can't see it, it means you don't have voting privileges.
 Iphegeneia
Msg: 443
Posted: 12/31/2016 10:37:58 PM
There are no mods on here anymore?! Haha my 19 year old self would have loved it. I found this forum wayyyy before I found the dating site back then. Good times lol
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 444
Posted: 1/1/2017 10:05:54 AM
Same stewardess is posting again. Hasn't snagged a ring yet.

Phooey

Hey Rick, I'm switching to Apache server Lycra in 25 minutes.
Msg: 445
Posted: 1/1/2017 11:56:49 AM
"Snagged a ring yet"?

Is that what you think women are after?

What a tiny world to inhabit.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 446
Posted: 1/2/2017 8:25:12 AM
I agree we don't need moderators if we all act like adults should.
It's the drama queens (men/women) of the forums that make it a gong show.

Lol.....snagging a ring is the last thing on my list..
 deetristate
Msg: 447
Posted: 1/2/2017 8:44:29 AM
A lot of women ( not all, (sigh)) would prefer to snag a ring than wh--re around for years.

Again, to each his own way.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 448
Posted: 1/2/2017 8:50:56 AM
Bawhahaha......Nice one Dee..
Can I see your ring or are you still whoring around?

Quit being so obtuse.....Because a woman doesn't want a ring doesn't mean she is a whore !

Edit to below...who knows? Either way ii's a sad outlook on life...imo.
Msg: 449
Posted: 1/2/2017 9:00:59 AM
I thought she meant:

"Snag a ring, then whore around for years."

Is that all marriage is good for? Regular sex?

Sad.
Msg: 450
Posted: 1/2/2017 9:27:57 AM
I'm guessing Clooney took his new squeeze out of town for the holidays, so gave his p'word to Blonde Angel.

He usually displays somewhat more class than his recent posts have demonstrated.

She, on the other hand ...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators