Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 451
The board was much better with moderatorsPage 19 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

A lot of women ( not all, (sigh)) would prefer to snag a ring than wh--re around for years.

WOW! 99% of the time I ignore the bashing of women from a female. I consider it, leave it to others, and move on.
50% of the time, give or take, I throw my bucks worth into the pile when a man insults females.

I have no desire to jump into a cat fight, but seriously?

A "Ring" does not define a woman's worth or character.
I grew up in a religion, that considers ANY jewelry to be "Outward adornment". Wearing jewelry is frowned upon and most, not all, women who practice this religion do not wear a wedding ring. Does this make them less married? Does this make them w****s?
I no longer practice the religion of my childhood, but clearly remember my mom never wore a ring, and YET she was married for 38 years. AND has only been with (in the biblical sense) one man.

Is it a piece of metal around a woman's finger, that defines who she is?
Is it a woman's marital status that defines who she is?

Yes THIS is the 1% occasion I'm chimin' in to fight back. I will not ignore the insult. WTF!
 deetristate
Msg: 452
The board was much better with moderators
Posted: 1/2/2017 3:27:21 PM
1. Seriously.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 453
Posted: 1/2/2017 5:36:28 PM
^^^ Some people just have no sense of humor~
I like your posts Dee. heehhee
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2017 10:21:55 PM
KJ521 would be an great moderator.
She is smart, fair, and reasonable.
 ohenryx
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2017 8:34:35 AM

KJ521 would be an great moderator.
She is smart, fair, and reasonable.

Not to mention beautiful!

Seriously, yes, I think she would make a great moderator. But I don't think the owners are interested enough to appoint any new moderators.

Messages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be posted
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:06:32 AM
Ohenryx, speaking as a woman she is attractive. I am comfortable acknowledging that.
What is most notable to me is she is reasonable and openminded in her writing here.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 7:05:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Q1gCk6hDA
 gtomustang
Msg: 458
Posted: 2/25/2017 6:35:32 PM
I have to agree with someone else, who said the best thing about the modern forum is people are free to reveal their real selves. their insanity may be disruptive, but at least they can't hide it anymore.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:02:52 PM
Scary that this isn't much different than alleged humans talking to each other in POF forums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpw_FB2QrjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjxNI4aj-eg
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 460
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:31:54 AM
It's obvious in Off Topic, a few people with a cast of characters.

Do you think they have scripts pre-written or is it extemporaneous?

In the 2nd vid, I like how one said they were to the right, and the other was to the left...
 phule
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2017 12:13:19 PM
Alrighty.... this is NOT to start a fight. A discussion tangent, definitely. But..

A "Ring" does not define a woman's worth or character.

Beyonce won a grammy telling single girls to put a ring on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY and the song was considered "wholesome" enough to have the Chipettes copy it.

So... there is a large portion of the population of the USA that does believe that putting a ring on it is an important thing, and the concept is all over modern entertainment media. Comedy, romantic, dramatic... Sci-Fi (Jupiter Ascending?)... all show us one example or another of the Ring and the importance of it one way or another.

Please don't assume I am saying that the Ring *SHOULD* define who you are. On that topic, I believe you and I agree. It should not. I'm saying that there may be global evidence available that we are in a minority when it comes to this.

Wedding bands actually ATTRACT certain people... male and female. And on the opposite side of that coin, many people won't approach one of the opposite sex that is wearing a wedding band.

Does not wearing the wedding band make them less married? Considering the importance of the rings in most ceremonies, if one of the partners takes their ring off, that is usually a significant moment... typically one that warrants a discussion in the relationship. The default expectation is that you'd wear your wedding ring all the time, and if you weren't going to wear it after marriage, you'd talk with your mate about that, to tell them why and alleviate any fears. Like, that you weren't planning on infidelity, you just didn't wear jewelery.
 gtomustang
Msg: 462
Posted: 5/16/2017 2:52:27 PM
I suspect a ring has value b/c its so concrete. Its not mere words whispered post coital, its a recognized sign in society that you put your money (a few months worth) where your mouth is. I hate the term, "honest woman" but we still like the idea of happy ever after, and a ring signifies that far more than the lyrics of "paradise by the dashboard lights". and by that token (pun not intended), yes a wedding band is the ultimate challenge...a fellow taken is a fellow valued by someone out there, and a woman who can snare him away can feel she's a real "Catch", at least in sexual terms.

as far as men chasing hot wives, I'll let those who were hot wives before coming here to a singles' site, talk about the character of those men.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 463
Posted: 5/16/2017 6:12:19 PM
Wedding rings today are a billion dollar sentiment of love, but no one can really say for sure when this age old tradition actually started. Some believe that the oldest recorded exchange of wedding rings comes from ancient Egypt, about 4800 years ago

The Roman’s also eventually adopted this tradition but with their own twist. Rather than offering a ring to a woman as a symbol of love, they awarded them as a symbol of ownership. Roman men would “claim” their woman with the giving of a ring,

It was not until about 860 that the Christians used the ring in marriage ceremonies; even then, it was not the simple plain band as we know it. It usually was highly decorated with engraved doves, lyres, or two linked hands. The Church discouraged such rings as ‘heathenish’ and, around the 13th century, wedding and betrothal rings were considerably simplified, and given a more spiritual look which was very aptly expressed by a Bishop when he dubbed it a “symbol of the union of hearts.”

Wedding rings through different stages in history have been worn on different fingers, including the thumb, and on both the left and right hands. According to a tradition believed to have been derived from the Romans, the wedding ring is worn on the left hand ring finger because there was thought to be a vein in the finger, referred to as the ‘Vena Amoris’ or the ‘Vein of Love’ said to be directly connected to the heart. However, scientists have shown this is actually false. Despite this, this myth still remains regarded by many (hopeless romantics) as the number one reason rings are worn on the fourth finger.

Interestingly, in many countries, even today, including Norway, Russia, Greece, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Poland, Austria, Germany,Portugal and Spain, the wedding ring is worn on the ring finger of the right hand and not the left. In Jewish tradition, the groom places the ring on the bride’s index finger, and not the “ring” finger at all.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/09/the-origin-of-wedding-rings-and-why-theyre-worn-on-the-4th-finger-of-the-left-hand/
 gtomustang
Msg: 464
Posted: 5/17/2017 11:54:15 AM
I thought it was on the fourth finger so that when you flip someone da boid, you aren't telling them you're married :)

(from what I remember, the middle-finger-as-insult comes from midevil times when a special crossbow required two fingers on the trigger, and those caught using it would get their longest finger cut off. So, in battle, that finger was prominently displayed as a "Can't catch me!" reference)
 Camile2099
Msg: 465
Posted: 6/19/2017 5:47:26 AM
POF puts the following message at the end of my new Threads:
"If this thread is spam, a self pity thread, or any other type of thread that is against the rules request to have it deleted."
I don't see this on any other threads. Is this something new???
 Camile2099
Msg: 466
Posted: 6/19/2017 5:52:03 AM

I have to agree with someone else, who said the best thing about the modern forum is people are free to reveal their real selves. their insanity may be disruptive, but at least they can't hide it anymore.

In viewing profiles on the regular POF site (not the forums site) is there any way to see the forums the person has posted in??
 spot4username
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2017 6:47:42 AM
No. Back in the old days of POF your last five posts were listed at the bottom of your profile. Now a person would have to know the forums even existed and then just do a username search over here to read posts.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 468
Posted: 6/19/2017 11:42:25 PM

Back in the old days of POF your last five posts were listed at the bottom of your profile

I am glad they removed that feature. It used to clutter my profile page.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:27:00 PM
I am new to the forms and see them as dying a slow and painful death. Too many misogynists here and trolls.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 470
Posted: 6/22/2017 4:29:09 AM
Too much "perpetrating a fraud" goes on in OLD & the forums.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 471
Posted: 6/22/2017 8:35:36 AM
New women here that are shocked to find out just how entitled they appear to others.

It's cool watching them get schooled by dating veterans
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 472
Posted: 6/22/2017 8:59:43 AM

It's cool watching them get schooled by dating veterans

schadenfreude much?
 pliatt
Msg: 474
Posted: 8/16/2018 11:55:34 AM
Nah..the moderators here suk....POF and Match hire high school dropouts to monitor these boards.....the most worthless moderators on any message board on the internet.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 475
Posted: 8/16/2018 1:13:25 PM
We have NO moderators! No hallway monitors. Nooooo "crossing" guards We bees all by ourselves in here!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators