Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tatatatatlol
Msg: 495
Sticks & stones... stop whining.Page 21 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
There have always been mods here... they are just not here 24 and 7. The mods are often responsible for terminations, but so too are the mods responsible for allowing the animal members to report and terminate profiles.

I think years ago, the Mods convinced the membership that there would be no more moderation...but they lied....if you followed along with some of the threads, only the mods could have deleted individual messages like they sometimes did. Tholian Reprobate, one of the mods here, has a colored crayon to highlight in blue questions and answers.

Back when this was POF, it decided it did not want the expense of moderating the board with adults, so it allowed children, like Tholian, to moderate....what we have is a real mess and the worst moderating in the history of the internet. Very sad.
 BombayBeach
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Sticks & stones... stop whining.
Posted: 8/28/2018 3:57:48 PM
I dont recall that person...I just remember that loads of very cool members were being thrown off of here left and right. People who had been her for years were vanishing for weeks on end. I just wondered how this could happen without someone able to close down accounts...and seemed to be doing so, dozens and dozens of them for reasons that were not clear to most people.
 Rumours
Msg: 497
Posted: 8/28/2018 5:07:16 PM
BombayBeach…
When you scroll to the bottom of anyones profile, there is a spot where it says Report User...a number of reasons come up. You have to be logged in on the dating side...I believe.
Imo what started it all was a man TallIQ….would message others and get them to gang up to report someone he disagreed with. With enough "reports" the system deletes the profile.

So, now with this information out....groups/gangs were formed behind closed doors to eliminate others.
Anyone that disagreed with them or called them out was a target.
People making sock puppets(phoney profiles) like Blonde Angel, for one. There's a few with multiple profiles.
This is how people are removed.
I have seen no evidence of any moderators for the last few years.
However,...it is curious how that one person can highlight posts.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2018 6:03:08 PM
Was this board better with moderators? I can't really say for sure. Everything in moderation, Is a saying I've heard before.

But restraining ones thoughts and opinions, is not what a public forum is for.... Or, is it?

If we all agreed then there'd be no need for a way to check and express what others are thinking.

And also, no way to respond with opinions/thoughts/facts of our own.

Moderation? It just represents another rule or law. Which, is there to protect everyone or so I've heard. But, listening to other's thoughts on this matter is indeed mind stimulating.
 _Batmån
Msg: 499
view profile
History
The board was much better with moderators
Posted: 8/29/2018 1:27:37 PM
Back when this was POF, it decided it did not want the expense of moderating the board with adults, so it allowed children, like Tholian, to moderate. Msg: 501

Kellyanne, you are one fucking crazy bastard.
 mgotd
Msg: 500
Posted: 8/29/2018 3:32:37 PM
Joker.........Thorian Reprobate....Joker Reprobate...what's in a Name LOL...

Beautiful color crayons they give you at Match....... do they give you pink and red too or just light blue?

Keep working at it...you are only a child...but someday you will grow up and join the adult world. But try to find a better non-paying internship next time...playing with Crayons....not sure how that is going to look on your resume.
 KJ_5_2_1
Msg: 501
Posted: 8/29/2018 7:23:53 PM
I liked several of the moderators.

Cowboy being extra special. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators