Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 51
The board was much better with moderatorsPage 3 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Laughing my boo-tay off, Ms. Ouija!

It would more likely be...."Would you be quiet, please?"

Maybe with a few exclamation points for added emphasis. If we were feeling extra angry. :D

I snuck over to the boys camp and missed out on the art projects. :/
 07songsungblue
Msg: 52
The board was much better with moderators
Posted: 7/24/2015 3:08:30 PM
I appreciate what the mods did, I truly do. I chatted with Cowboy and he seemed fair, chatted with Abelian (or how ever you spell his name) before and after he was a mod, never chatted with Allison other than to argue, never talked to Trap. What I got tired of is the behind the scenes crap and messaging mods privately instead of having the nuts to post in the Report thread. It was just BAM, you're banned. A blonde that has since gone used to do that all the time. She is a butch as far as I'm I'm concerned and she had a go around with Pig ane a few more that demanded she apologize and she didn't and deleted. Funny how that happened again this week. And there were some baiters, some were master baiters.

We don't need mods. What we need is people to quit reporting other people. People who think it's their duty, they have the power, someone hurt their feelings or they got a message from a forum friend saying "report so and so". And after all the b.s. early in the year to remove TallIQ as he thought he was now the self proclaimed Forum Mod God, he's back as Moderate Recall and threatening to "cleanse" the forums. WTF. Quit reporting. And yes, Motown, I know YOU can't have a profile removed but a profile is removed after enough reports and people like YOU have a trigger finger. Quit reporting.

KJ is going to tell Eric to STFU??? Once in a bluemoon. Or, never.

A wallet and an ashtray in banned camp?? I once crocheted a cover for an 18 wheeler complete with the Kenworth logo all while memorizing the words to that old camp song Hello Mother, Hello Father, Here I am at Camp Cranada

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jjiWS__Mp0

daynadaze
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2015 4:41:18 PM
Yes, I've heard that if you get reported so many times you are gone, but I've never seen it in action. I guarantee you that some who smart off a lot (good or bad) get reported all the time, common sense tells me so, and yet only some of them get booted or sent to camp. So that can't really be how that works. Plus you can be booted for reporting over & over, and I know someone has said that has happened. So no, I don't think a few people are turning in many and that being the reason some are booted. I think some keep doing the same thing, just begging to be booted, and sometimes gets reported and they are booted for a reason. It's not that I don't think innocent people get picked on sometimes, I'm saying you could report the same person over & over and not get them booted just because you don't like them. It's more complicated than that. Also, some don't post but do read and think it's their job to report others, while others use a different account for reporting than the one they use for dating or even three accounts for dating, reporting, posting. Some people actually think people can come through the computer and get them if they don't hide behind other accounts. Crazy thinking I know, but I've seen it as a moderator. Most people don't know what private conversations go on with mods and reporters, other than that little piece of BS we had on here a while back, so you might be surprise how nice someone can be to you online, all the while reporting you to mods, in fact many will egg you on then report you. It's not just that these people all hide behind an account either, so act out online, often people who act out online don't have the capacity to fit in, they also act out in person. It takes a lot of talent, that most people don't have or wouldn't bother with, to play someone different online for any length of time. You can see right through most posters after they've been around a while, and that's usually what good mods look for.
 11qq
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/24/2015 6:36:03 PM

I'm curious, how are anonymous individuals around here nuking people? Is there some special power these people have that the rest of us don't?

brainpower
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/25/2015 2:08:20 AM

We don't need mods. What we need is people to quit reporting other people.

Exactly, we don't need them. The only one who wasn't a complete f*cking a$$hole was Abelian.

Anyone who actually knows (and many people who are no longer here did) what kind of shit the others pulled wouldn't have a single good word to say about them.
 Walts
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/25/2015 7:22:32 AM

I have known two of them but neither when they were moderators....Cowboy and Miss Allison. And I found that they were/are very human....with thoughts, feelings, emotions and yes, imperfections...

I must bring up something here, and this is no reflection or judgement on the two people that are mentioned. Not all people, no matter how nice, or bad, they are, can or will be "good" at certain jobs, especially when it involves "power" or "control". As KJ mentions, because we are human, we are far from perfect. With that, just because a person is "willing" to volunteer and try and do a job, does not mean they will be good at it. We must understand, because we are human, with power, will ALWAYS come abuse. Always.

Now, with that, the "better" ones that understand this, and try to control their own use of this "power" make things seem easy, and have loyal followers/believers. Sadly, these "better" ones are actually few and far between. It's not an easy job to have "power" and not abuse it. Not at all.

I have no beef with any of the past mods. I did find a few a bit ignorant and arrogant while trying to do whatever they were trying to do. I told one so, and he didn't appreciate it, and with his actions that followed, he confirmed my beliefs of him. I told him that when I was allowed to afterwards. He dismissed himself shortly afterwards. I do know of the job that he actually had in the real world, and knowing that info, I knew that he was not "right" to take a job as a mod. That didn't make him a good or a bad person, just a shiatty mod.

Personally, I think that the people that say we "require" mods should start looking in the mirror and ask yourselves(ourselves) why do we feel the need to have someone hanging around "keeping us line"? We, as adults, should be able to do the job ourselves, should we not? Or, are we, like the toddler that needs their hand smacked when we reach for the hot stove top or electrical outlet. At what time, as adults, do we take accountability for our words and actions, even if we are hiding behind a computer screen? We should understand, that more than likely, with our technology today, more and more of lives, interactions and communications will be thru this median. Public, and privately.

Start acting accordingly.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/25/2015 12:11:44 PM

Walts :
We, as adults, should be able to do the job ourselves, should we not? Or, are we, like the toddler that needs their hand smacked when we reach for the hot stove top or electrical outlet. At what time, as adults, do we take accountability for our words and actions, even if we are hiding behind a computer screen?

I agree with you, but.....

Unfortunately, the reality is that this is the internet; some people are not here to play nice. They spend their time sitting over their computers trolling, to get attention, disrupt and simply to make trouble. They join these type of public forums to pursue an agenda of their own. They post comments to bait people to answer, and are constantly provoking and pulling people into arguments.

In other words, some folks are here to troll. Unmoderated forums usually end up over run by them.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/25/2015 12:21:50 PM
^^^. There are about 32 people that have posted on this thread, some have posted more than once, but about 32 individuals. These 32 also post elsewhere in the forums. You can probably add another 100 to 150 posters to the mix that post regularly. At approximately 200 posters....we are not in danger of being over run by trolls. This is the reality, not some "the sky is falling" bullshit. We've been unmoderated for...six months and we haven't imploded. We don't need a babysitter.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/25/2015 12:27:31 PM

Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I'd go berzerk?

Well, you left me anyhow and the days got worse and worse and now you see I've gone completely out of my mind.

And They're coming to take me away
Ha Ha
They're coming to take me away
ho ho he he ha ha

to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats

and they're coming to take me away ha ha
 rennips1949
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/25/2015 6:40:07 PM
Why is this particularly an over-45 issue?
And the OP's membership has ended?
Gee I hope he didn't go away mad...
 MotowncowgirI
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/27/2015 1:37:06 PM
Its time to come clean. Yes we have moderators. Look closely. We have deleted pages of posts from the intimidation thread among others. We arbitrarily labeled people as trolls and deleted them and their posts at will. Example: Plainsters plain talk about rape, backed by fbi statistics, have been deleted. Some of our regulars were getting too upset with actual facts. We can't have that here.

Posts have been renumbered and sometimes posters refer numerically to posts that are pages after the reference instead of preceding. Sorry for the mess I caused by all my frivolous and reckless nuking.

And before I forget, I want to specifically apologize for being so obnoxious and nuking sailinges the alligator hunter, free thinker, clem tucker of course, oldman, plainster, sviitmore and others. Whoever this individual was, he was an outstanding poster and I know from all of the email I have received that he is terribly missed by the Board. Even got a favorable mention on the favorite posters thread.

I have contacted "the troll" but I can't aplogize enough to get him to come back. He admitted to me he is going to be doing a myth buster experiment. He continues to accumulate aliases since leaving, all attached to separate, legitimate IP addresses that cannot be detected by pof, all with the ability of posting or reporting the true trolls should he ever choose to do so. It takes him about two minutes to create an alias, he has so much experience, and he is creating about one every few days. So he has a few weeks to stockpile what he needs for his experiment.

Once he has enough, in his spare time, he said he would not mind doing a little test nuking of tall iq aka moderate recall, i.e. colossal twit, just for the amusement. He wants to test that 15 report automatic deletion theory. He doesn't mind helping to keep this a decent board from afar. He believes nukinkg the twit is a good start. If the auto-nuke reporting button is not a myth and still working, twits days are numbered, as will be those of andBcy obvious new aliases that are his. :-)

I hear a cow mooing in the pasteur. Need to go clean up some cow dung, so y'ou all take care now, hear!

--
Sent from Fast notepad
 Peas_
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/27/2015 1:50:18 PM
mmmmmmm.

https://youtu.be/3lFOh2vzJzk

Moderate_Recall
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/27/2015 1:57:37 PM
MotowncowgirI: Ducks are up there 7/24/2015
About
Non-Smoker with Average body type
City
North of fort wayne, indiana, Indiana
Details
55 year old Female, 5' 8" (173cm), Non-religious
Ethnicity
Caucasian, Aries
Intent
MotowncowgirI is looking for a relationship.
Education

( For those who wondered just how oldman was able to do that temporary fake "female" profile of someone he obviously envies...)
The last "l" in that user name is actually capital "I", as in Ita and Indiana.

That method is commonly used by juveniles on many other sites. Most adults usually have more interesting things to do with their time, rather than waste it imping those they envy.
Most adults would rather have fun IRL face to face with other mature adults.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Charles Caleb Colton

VVV Apparently someone may have missed the message. To clarify, the OLDMAN TROLL has just made that fake temporary profile, and he states he will make many more.

The OLDMAN/many aliases TROLL is the one imping Motown.

Destinnie
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2015 2:02:46 PM
The board was much better with moderators ....

You think so?

I found them to be an odd lot.
I could never figure out why someone would spend hours on end "FOR NO FINANCIAL RENUMERATION" moderating, deleting and banning people from a forum.
They had to have an agenda.
One ... found it a wonderful way to pick up women.
Another ... had NO life and that was how she felt validated.
The third ... not sure what his agenda was, but I'm sure he had one.
Each moderator felt stroked one way or another.
This place became cliquey, as some posters tried to get special favours.
Personally ... I'm glad their gone.
 Peas_
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/27/2015 2:21:08 PM

MotowncowgirI: Ducks are up there 7/24/2015
About
Non-Smoker with Average body type
City
North of fort wayne, indiana, Indiana
Details
55 year old Female, 5' 8" (173cm), Non-religious
Ethnicity
Caucasian, Aries
Intent
MotowncowgirI is looking for a relationship.
Education

( For those who wondered just how oldman was able to do that temporary fake "female" profile of someone he obviously envies...)
The last "l" in that user name is actually capital "I", as in Ita and Indiana.

That method is commonly used by juveniles on many other sites. Most adults usually have more interesting things to do with their time, fun IRL with other adults.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Charles Caleb Colton

Soooooo, are you actually bragging that you just made an alt of mowtowncowgirl in Msg: 62?

You now have two profiles? albeit different IP's.

mmmm, does that make you feel good?
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/28/2015 5:53:42 AM
*pew* *pew* (blowing smoke from my pearl-handled pistols)
oldmanhome/sailinges/sviitmore et.al. deleted in record time, aww the sad sack. props to my posse though!
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/28/2015 7:16:40 AM

deleted in record time, aww the sad sack

That guy will do anything for attention....mental issues ??
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/28/2015 12:03:48 PM
So tell me Moderate. Is that the same thing as Tall IQ recreating himself as TaII lQ and TaII lQ and other variations by switching lower case"L"s and upper case "i"s only to be caught and deleted? Is that where you got the idea?

Hint: Copy and paste the above into a document and change the font to something with serif or all upper case. You will see the difference between the lower case "L" and uppercase "i" that look nearly identical in the default font used by POF.

Some moderation is good but they need to be picked carefully and have strict guidelines. This sites administration did neither with the people he chose in the past. Most people who would likely be good moderators probably have no interest in it. Moreover, most people who are interested in being a moderator seem delusional and just want the power trip and would in all likelihood swing a heavy "modhammer". (AKA Moderate) So what are you to do?

Just to toss this out there, but I always felt that Otto, Eric, Bobby Z and GCDeb could be good moderator material. However, I doubt any of them would be interested. I have not seen anything from Bobby Z lately and it appears he closed or was deleted early this year by what he dubbed "The Troll Patrol". Also GCDeb isn't nearly as active as she used to be.

P.S.
Thanks motowngirl (with an "L" and not an "I") for the heads up on the new url.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/28/2015 12:16:39 PM

Some moderation is good

No, it isn't.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/29/2015 2:54:06 AM

I found them to be an odd lot.
I could never figure out why someone would spend hours on end "FOR NO FINANCIAL RENUMERATION" moderating, deleting and banning people from a forum.
They had to have an agenda.
One ... found it a wonderful way to pick up women.
Another ... had NO life and that was how she felt validated.
The third ... not sure what his agenda was, but I'm sure he had one.
Each moderator felt stroked one way or another.
This place became cliquey, as some posters tried to get special favours.
Personally ... I'm glad their gone.

DITTO
 SLAFFA
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/29/2015 7:35:27 AM
Kind of ironic that Many Forum Dinos who never found any redeeming qualities in [apparently] ANY of the past Moderators have join dates in 2015. Yeah, I suppose it's possible that some SELF deleted and came back with a brand spanking new profile to start anew with an entirely different attitude and approach to Forum participation?

At least with Mods, people had the opportunity or chance to plead one's case with a few of the more Open Minded Mods. It sure looks to me that now, with no VISIBLE Mods to run to/BLAME, some decent people have been poofed... For no apparent obvious reason.

Strangely enough, a "famous" Forum person [in a 90 minute plus phone conversation] recently told me that they DESERVED to have been poofed. And the person I spoke to on the phone, bore very little resemblance to their Forum persona.

This person was clearly so much cooler, kinder and "humane" OFFline.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/29/2015 8:19:14 AM

Just to toss this out there, but I always felt that Otto, Eric, Bobby Z and GCDeb could be good moderator material. However, I doubt any of them would be interested. I have not seen anything from Bobby Z lately and it appears he closed or was deleted early this year by what he dubbed "The Troll Patrol". Also GCDeb isn't nearly as active as she used to be.

Just so you know, Bobby Z passed away as did Cowboy. Sad, very sad.

Otto is awesome at answering questions regarding the site, site issues, etc. and I can't fathom why he'd want to babysit the forums. GCDeb "seems" knowledgeable but IMO is very quick on "that's against the rules" and doesn't give much latitude to "let it go". Eric? Why would he or anyone want to babysit the forums?? If the past is an indication, it turns into a power trip or they just do the easy thing and give word limit bans instead of dealing with the issue. No, we don't need moderators. We DO need someone, like Otto, that can explain the SITE issues.

As t0 SLAFFA's comments about profiles with 2015 join dates...many deleted and created a new profile because of posting limits put on by previous mods that couldn't be removed. I don't blame them. Or they were nuked by "some" and came back. Who cares?? Some wonder about a 2015 join date while others wonder about join dates from 2005/06 etc., like don't you have a life? The "wonder" about evens out.

And the person I spoke to on the phone, bore very little resemblance to their Forum persona.

Many are like this. Many of us chat back and forth or have personally met other forumites and some "persona's" are the same and some are slightly different while other's are vastly different. An example, I met a frequent poster on the political threads that is very, very outspoken (I'm being kind) yet in real life I've not met a kinder more gentle person. So some just like to stir the pot, will even post against their true beliefs/thoughts just to get either a point across or to have fun watching the buzzards circle. Another that posts like that just likes to point out the hypocrisy in other posters. So, you just never know.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/29/2015 8:42:52 AM

about profiles with 2015 join dates...many deleted and created a new profile because of posting limits put on by previous mods that couldn't be removed. I don't blame them. Or they were nuked by "some" and came back. Who cares?? Some wonder about a 2015 join date while others wonder about join dates from 2005/06 etc., like don't you have a life? The "wonder" about evens out.
I'm openly one such person & while changing usernames, I've had my picture(s) up over the years. If someone spends too much time obsessing about forums, I'd say there is a problem.

And the person I spoke to on the phone, bore very little resemblance to their Forum persona.
Over the years, I've found that to be true at times, sometimes in a positive way & sometimes in a negative way. How many people dated someone from OLD thinking they were a great person at 1st, only to find out later that they were duped? And others may seem gruff & turn out to be wonderful!

Many are like this. Many of us chat back and forth or have personally met other forumites and some "persona's" are the same and some are slightly different while other's are vastly different.

Only time can tell us who we truly are.
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/29/2015 9:02:47 AM

Just so you know, Bobby Z passed away as did Cowboy. Sad, very sad.

Thank you. Several people have messaged me with the information about Bobby Z passing earlier this year after he closed his profile. I knew about *cowboy*. Yes, it is very sad to hear about the former. With the number of notes I received yesterday and today "Bobby", as many called him in their notes, apparently had 'friends and followers' here. Was Bobby Z ever a moderator? If so, I do not recall that.

Eric? Why would he or anyone want to babysit the forums??

I completely agree. Just as I stated after I included him in the list of potentially good moderator material, "Most people who would likely be good moderators probably have no interest in it."
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/29/2015 9:24:52 AM

At least with Mods, people had the opportunity or chance to plead one's case with a few of the more Open Minded Mods.

Aka kiss their a$$, which I refused to do. If a mod didn't like you, they did everything to make sure your forum experience was crap. Period. If it wasn't like that for you, great. But for many others, it was.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators