Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 76
The board was much better with moderatorsPage 4 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
I personally only dealt w/ 3 mods. I felt 2 were fair & one allowed herself to be manipulated by at least one person & played favorites.

Maybe that is just human nature.
 tallish3243
Msg: 77
The board was much better with moderators
Posted: 7/29/2015 10:11:34 AM
My experience with moderators was at times you got sent to detention for a few days. It reminded people they stepped over the lines.

There was no ability however for a gang to gang up on other posters. And that is what happens now. People could complain to the moderators, but the moderators made an independent decision about how to handle the situation.

Currently, it is now the in-crowd who does what it chooses. I believe moderation was a better way to go. Personal preference. Guys like anti-republican, etc. may say some ridiculous stuff but they are humorous and so no problems there.. Others however, who give strong opinions are gone with the wind. That's a problem.

At least in the Off-topics, people are pretty much given a free pass to say the most offensive things possible . . Most people ignore the off topics for that reason. Ignoring and not banning should be the way it is done.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/29/2015 12:44:11 PM
LOL, I had 2 occasions to be blessed/cursed by a mod.

Several years ago, as a newbie to the Forums, I posted a question, asking something about the options on this site.
I immediately received an onslaught of mean nasty comments from female Forum users. They attacked me for my picture, "Lady in red" sitting in a dark red high backed chair. To say I was shocked is an understatement. A MOD soon appeared, these women were shot down, and the thread was deleted. LOL, Cool!

A year or so ago, I was banned for 3 days for suggesting to a fellow Forum user, he could write to me and I would respond. LOL, Oh well!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/29/2015 12:51:45 PM

Posted by LadyInRed4755:
"...A year or so ago, I was banned for 3 days for suggesting to a fellow Forum user, he could write to me and I would respond. LOL, Oh well!..."

It was totally worth that brief Banned Camp experience.
Just look at how our torrid online dating affair has flourished!

Oh, snap.
Did I just share that private info with Forumites in a public post?
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2015 8:49:45 PM
The mods didn't like me >< but in all reality I don't care because I try to live my life my way and not worry about popularity. Who cares what others really think about you--that is their business, I care what I think about myself and I don't think pulling punches to be popular is worth the effort to do it.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/29/2015 11:52:02 PM
Yikers! eric dahling, how could you spill the beans, let the cat outta the bag? Shame on you!
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:18:17 AM

A year or so ago, I was banned for 3 days for suggesting to a fellow Forum user, he could write to me and I would respond. LOL, Oh well!

How could you NOT see the great, horrific sin in doing such a thing?!?! (gasp!!) You deserved a lifetime ban for something THAT heinous!! Totally inexcusable!!!

I'm being sarcastic, obviously.

Now, imagine the kind of bullshit a person Miss Allison didn't like had to put up with?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:21:39 AM

It was totally worth that brief Banned Camp experience.
Just look at how our torrid online dating affair has flourished!

I also got banned for a few days and it was because in the middle of some thread I talked to Eric about Campagnolo bike parts.

Go figure.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:21:53 AM
Ms Allison banned me for 3 days for telling a forum women that she lacked reading comprehension skills. But SHE DID! People can't handle the truth!

IG you should have known better, the moderators all like Schwinn!
 rennips1949
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:33:39 AM
I used to sometimes read the forums over the shoulder of a rl friend. She had some head-butting situations with abelian( I think I spelled that right) but she often said she thought he might be experiencing personal(real -life) stresses that were bleeding over into his mod duties.
As I understand it, abelians account got hacked. My friend gave the opinion that he had a meltdown and that the supposed hack was just a cover story.
I'm not quite sure what to think but I will say that the forums seem have become rather bizarre in some ways,hereof late.
 tallish3243
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:37:22 AM
^^^^ there is NOTHING bizarre about these forums. In fact, they are very docile compared to others like the Yahoo forums. The only difference here is that gangs can ban people they want to gang up.
 antirepublican
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/30/2015 9:21:54 AM
I never knew a time with mods. Evidently this Ms Allison was a very bad person. I never had the pleasure ( or misfortune ).

It seems to me that the board has improved since I joined. Not very long ago and I don't think there were any mods then either. I wonder, if left to itself, that it wouldn't continue to improve? After reading what was said about the mod days, it looks to me that the volunteer mods were just as likely to join a lynch mob as any of the socks we have today. Except that the mod could ban you unilaterally and capriciously.

Maybe a paid moderator, hired for his or her even handedness could be an improvement but a volunteer sock who has a fetish for venting their spleen would not. The limited evidence that I have, says we are better off without.
 rennips1949
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/30/2015 9:36:37 AM
Perhaps "different" would have been a better word than "bizarre".
I have been a longtime forumlurker over official members' shoulders.
This "nuking gang" and the short-term trolls/sock puppets are new features that I don't recall from prior observations.
 Peas_
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:11:06 AM
I believe that I have seen all moderators abuse their position on whatever board I've posted on. They twist the rules, and are in their own little power world.

Pretty nice for me to not see them here, I tell ya.

Being banned for suggesting someone write to you? My guess is the mod was jealous, and not following any rules. It clearly states on the opening page for Show All Forums:

As a community of more than 40 million individual opinions and ways of experiencing the world, we are always coming up with new ways for our users to meet, go on dates, and fall in love. Our forums are just another great platform that allows our users to come together to communicate and share with each other. So feel free to begin a discussion, pose a question, offer your feedback, and start connecting with other local singles right now!

I would assume the flag patrol groups would do the same, they have an Ego that is twisted, some kind of inner justification that makes them feel better by manipulations.
 ohenryx
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:20:59 AM

InnerGorilla
I also got banned for a few days and it was because in the middle of some thread I talked to Eric about Campagnolo bike parts.

There is a graphic, available only to moderators, which shows you veering at a 90 degree angle away from the topic of the thread. Cowboy threw that one at me a couple of times, and I paid heed. A ban was not necessary.

adventurejoe70
Ms Allison banned me for 3 days for telling a forum women that she lacked reading comprehension skills. But SHE DID! People can't handle the truth!

IG you should have known better, the moderators all like Schwinn!

Ms A put me on a permanent partial ban (10 posts per day, no new threads) better than 2 years ago.

Some woman posted in the forums asking why no men ever contacted her. I replied that her pictures were intimidating, which they were. All of her pictures showed her in the gym, power lifting very large weights. I would have been afraid to go out with her, if I said something she didn’t like, she might have whipped my ass. Which would have been very embarrassing!
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:00:48 AM

There is a graphic, available only to moderators, which shows you veering at a 90 degree angle away from the topic of the thread. Cowboy threw that one at me a couple of times, and I paid heed. A ban was not necessary.

THIS????

Eric_Summit
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:20:10 AM
In all fairness to InnerGorilla above...this was Campagnolo components that were being discussed at the time.
As I typed that word, which is steeped in Italian history, glorious sunshine burst through the gray New Jersey skies...
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/30/2015 1:36:07 PM

eric_summit:
In all fairness to InnerGorilla above...this was Campagnolo components that were being discussed at the time.
As I typed that word, which is steeped in Italian history, glorious sunshine burst through the gray New Jersey skies...

Come on Eric, tell the Truth..... Y'all got Your timeouts because MissA thought You 2 were a bunch of Name Droppers, who are really riding Bikes with Suntour Groupos.......

Any True Cycling Aficionado would call Campagnolo.......... CAMPY......... :p
 the_jury
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/30/2015 6:36:54 PM
At what point are some of you going to pull your big boy panties up and move forward with your lives?

It has been almost a year since the moderators quit and a lot of you are still crying in your cereal about it. Waa waaa. Maybe if you invested all this wasted energy into finding someone to date, you might have more success. Just thinking out loud. You're sounding like a bunch of bitter old broads sitting in a corner ****ing about others and then complaining that you can't find anyone to date. I can't understand why people aren't attracted to that. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Honestly FFS its just a stupid message board, and not a very active one at that.
Who gives a fvck. It's not like a dingo ate your baby if you got banned, is it? Or is it? LOL
At this point it seems like the boards are just full of banning gangs and the same old trolls.
I couldn't care if I'm here or not. I actually have things in real life to do. My life doesn't revolve around this site. Does yours????? I don't know why some of you spend so much energy is spent obsessing about the past. I think at one point we've all been banned, rejoined and got around our bans, so what. **** the moderators, sure, but FFS they left a year ago. Don't you have anything else to grumble about?

Just my 2 cents but it seems a bit nutbar to me that some people are soooooo obsessed with these forums it is like you have nothing else in your life. I think the forum drama is driving away all the newbies that find themselves here. I know I quit a while ago cause I was tired of seeing the ganging up on people. Why not just go beat up your pillow or something.
 Walts
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/30/2015 6:46:00 PM

I couldn't care if I'm here or not. I actually have things in real life to do. My life doesn't revolve around this site. Does yours?????

And yet, here you are chirping along with the rest of us. Guess those "things" in your "real life" had to take a backseat so that you can chirp with the rest of birdies.

Very confusing.
 Peas_
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/30/2015 6:56:15 PM
LOL! I think the jury thought IT was banned the other day and made itself another profile to troll. bwahahahaha
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/30/2015 7:22:31 PM

ohenryx :

I just found the code for the graphic/emoticon posted by MrJCash. It is : 232 : without a space before or after the colon, and the number.

-DigitalDog-
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/6/2015 8:49:08 AM
Now since the mods have flown the coop...
I can happily post whatever the heck I wants....!!
SOoooooooooooooooooooooo...
Let's start it off with a re-print of problems with POF censorship..!!*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Peas_,
I tried to send you a message..
tried to leave a nice testimonial..
NOTHING on the DARN site works..
here is your darn testimonial..!!!
XoX
DigitalDog
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I have known Ms. "Peas_" for a number of years and
we have become quite close..
A good, honest, and decent woman
any male would gladly jump at the chance to have
her walk at his side..
Were I about 15 years younger and lived a bit closer
I'd already be at her place stretched out on her sofa
asking " Hey Baby cakes what's for supper!!"
I was willing to break my criteria and toss out
our age difference and the distance
BUT... after my last divorce I promised myself
that I'd NEVER AGAIN marry OR date a female
that could knife fight or box better then me..
After all, I do have some standards...
I wish Ms. Peas_ happiness and success in her quest.
-XoXoXoX-
\\\-- DigitalDog--///
A/K/A
///-- SoldierByte --\\\

http://www.SoldierByte.com
and
http://www.SoldierByte.us
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=:modhammer:
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/6/2015 9:08:17 AM

Any True Cycling Aficionado would call Campagnolo.......... CAMPY......... :p

I feel insulted. Campy? CAMPY!!!! He said CAMPYYYYYY!!!

I prefer Campagnolo.

I do remember Suntour and Dia Compe. Dia Compe became Cane Creek.

But what do you know, Blue-eyes, you are a TRACK dude. No gears, no brakes, no freewheel.

;-P
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/6/2015 9:23:22 AM
InnerGorilla...rest assured he knows it is definitely Campagnolo for sure.
Valentino Campagnolo would not have it any other way...not to mention Saint Tullio!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators