Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldie_but_hottie
Msg: 101
view profile
History
The board was much better with moderatorsPage 5 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
So why are there no more moderators and where did they go?
 Peas_
Msg: 102
The board was much better with moderators
Posted: 8/6/2015 2:27:56 PM
They are employees that blog here now. lol.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/6/2015 3:52:08 PM
I think most people complained to the moderators. Those who were the subject of those complaints, complained to the admin. You've seen a lot of the kind of stuff they would have complained about in this thread. I never had any interactions with mods, except when I was sent a message saying I'd been banned for a week. So I don't know if they played favourites as some here allege, but I never saw any evidence of it. If someone went over the line, they would be suspended or banished.

Anyway, I think the administration just got sick of the whiners, and gave in to them. Let the forums self destruct and they don't have to deal with any of it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2015 6:26:08 PM
Ever notice that people who spit out vile spewing against the gender they are looking to date, and yet seem totally perplexed when people don't want to date them?
 antirepublican
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/6/2015 6:34:43 PM

Ever notice that people who spit out vile spewing against the gender they are looking to date, and yet seem totally perplexed when people don't want to date them?

Actually, no. I've never noticed that. Spewing doesn't appear to make much difference at all. So, you might as well if you get off on it.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/6/2015 10:38:54 PM
I still have a Chorus groupo from when the brake hood shifters first came out (30 years ago?). It started out on a Basso, went on a few other frames, and now a Masi. I fear that I will not be able to purchase cogs and chain wheels in the future but otherwise the bearings are like silk and everything performs like new.
 ablankcanvas
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/7/2015 1:32:01 PM
Mods or no mods these boards have managed to retain their basic essence. With two former mods passing in the past year, Ive heard it mentioned by one they were glad to no longer have the responsibility.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/7/2015 1:45:08 PM

I still have a Chorus groupo from when the brake hood shifters first came out (30 years ago?). It started out on a Basso, went on a few other frames, and now a Masi. I fear that I will not be able to purchase cogs and chain wheels in the future but otherwise the bearings are like silk and everything performs like new.

Good stuff. Today Record has become so light, but so delicate that I would put Chorus on my next bike instead. Masi's are great bikes. I ride a Look and a Cinelli with Campi Record 10.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/12/2015 10:24:28 PM
The only non-Campagnolo bicycles that I have owned are my mountainbikes.
That is an arena where either SRAM or Shimano is the better choice, or even a mixture of the two brands.
That is the blend that I have on my full-suspension mountainbike and it runs flawlessly.

My roadbikes are all built with Campagnolo Record or Campagnolo Super Record equipment.
This continues a tradition that has stretched more than thirty years...down to the titanium cassettes. ;-)
Wheels are typically handbuilts or one of several Campagnolo semi-aero choices. Chorus is also excellent.

My hope is the Campagnolo family is "drawing the line" at 11-speed and will continue to hone that gruppo.
The chains are becoming so thin that it is a miracle to get 2000 miles out of them before replacement is needed.
It is still far cheaper to frequently replace the chain to preserve cassettes and chainrings.

scorpioinOregon
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/14/2015 11:05:06 AM
What's the story on no moderators anyway? Did they all quit and Marcus decided they were not needed so didn't try to find any others or what? I missed out on what happened while dating someone exclusively for awile.
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/14/2015 11:27:40 AM
scorpiohippychick,
The original thread started when the last two moderators quit just short of a year ago.
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16278989.aspx

It was closed by administration when it was reported for getting really nasty.

There have been a ton more since, but this was the first one.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2015 11:56:09 AM
So a year has past and no one has killed anyone yet--we are making progress!!!!!!! (snicker)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/14/2015 12:23:42 PM
^^^ only the distance keeps some safe. Too bad the link to the forums no longer appears.
Still waiting to hear for fact how ppl find the profile review thread
 ablankcanvas
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/14/2015 3:14:58 PM
^ The same way I find all the poetry threads.
 Peas_
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/14/2015 4:06:30 PM

Still waiting to hear for fact how ppl find the profile review thread

Find their way to get there? Google now shows with the https addy to the forums.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/15/2015 8:31:05 PM
Eric
Back in my USCF and NORBA days I had the attention span to watch chain stretch and replace a correct intervals. These days I seem to keep the chainrings good but have to replace the sprockets. I race motorcycles and that has my maintenance attention stretched beyond capacity.

I too hope that Campagnolo does not come out with a 12 cluster. I have newish Centaur and Chorus mix on my latest bicycle and that is 10 speed (custom Tommasini Techo). I wanted to have polished alloy cranks on it for a cool retro-look even though it is a new construction. I heard of people finagling SRAM/Shim 10 speed clusters to work with campy 10. I love Campy wheels. I used to build my own back in college/army days but now ... no reason too.

Gorilla,
You once posted about shopping/spending locally. Sheesh! 20% of my pay check should automatically be forwarded to the Italian treasury!
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/16/2015 8:58:55 AM
Msg: 114
Still waiting to hear for fact how people find the profile review thread.

During the delete account process, users will see this: Want your profile reviewed by other members? CLICK HERE! That text contains a direct link to the Profile Review forum.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/16/2015 9:59:24 AM
Surviving mods were hired by the current regime to serve with the NSA. Discharged KGB agents with surveilance experience will soon begin tenure. Violators will be once again , be required to spend time in the cyber gulags of the murky waters of POF.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/18/2015 3:22:46 AM
Msg: 118
During the delete account process, users will see this: Want your profile reviewed by other members? CLICK HERE! That text contains a direct link to the Profile Reviews forum.

I just saw that this is no longer true. It was when I copied the text for that post. The intermediate page that had the link is gone. Users are now taken directly to the http://www.pof.com/deleteaccountb.aspx page.

Without the link to Profile Reviews shown during the delete account process, that forum may become like a ghost town.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:39:49 AM
Thanks OTTO - I had heard that was the old way they found it ( hence some of the bitterness) but I agree it will now fade away. Actually it wasn't a bad idea for retention. Even if it was offering false hope
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/18/2015 8:35:07 AM

Gorilla,
You once posted about shopping/spending locally. Sheesh! 20% of my pay check should automatically be forwarded to the Italian treasury!

VMin, keep supporting the Italian Treasury.

I still see it as buying local. There's a big difference between and Artisan company that makes quality products, whether it's in Italy or the USA and a huge big conglomerate like Walmart.

Last year, during that whole deal with Specialized I bought a Jersey from Cafe Reoubaux. They are local, from Canada.

Yeah Eric, the only place I have Shimano is on my mountain bike, an old GT. No disk brakes, but still a cool bike.
I like the Chorus groupo because rather than being super light, super at the edge of whatever the technology is, Chorus is tough stuff.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/18/2015 11:51:30 AM
Since we're talking about bikes, has anyone heard of
Parlee bikes?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:01:02 PM

Since we're talking about bikes, has anyone heard of
Parlee bikes?

Yes, personalized hand crafted carbon bikes made here in the US. However, I don't like them. A good friend of mine sold his BMC and bought one, only to have the frame crack in a mountainous descent and crashed. It freaked him out so much he no longer does mountains or road bikes.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:15:01 PM
Unless you race, spending a lot on exotic bikes to save a couple of pounds in weight it, to me, pointless. What I notice is that its getting harder to find mainstream bikes with drive components that will stand up for 30 to 40 years, a pretty common thing up until bike manufacturing moved to Japan and bike marketing became like running shoe marketing.....
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:21:33 PM

Posted by browneyesboo:
"Since we're talking about bikes, has anyone heard of Parlee bikes?"

Yes...I own a custom Parlee with a 2% top tube slope and wishbone seatstays for maximum strength.
Opted for strongest tubeset. I do not worry about bicycle weight...even though my Parlee is very light.
Unidirectional carbon main triangle with weave carbon on lugs, seatstays, chainstays, headtube, and Reynolds UL fork.
It naturally has all Campagnolo equipment. Their fame began in the custom boat industry. What do you wish to know?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The board was much better with moderators