Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > It looks like POF has already made some changes.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 51
view profile
History
It looks like POF has already made some changes.Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Since you brought it up, lets look at your FBI/US numbers. In 10 years there were 637,560 rapes. That is 63,756 per year. Assuming that 3/4 of rapes are not reported, a statement that has no verifiable statistical measure, that would mean there are about 63756 * 4 = rapes per year in the US. The US population is about 320 million these days, so the percentage of people raped is 0.079 %, about half of the UK numbers you shot out. So, based on these values, an American living for over 200 years would be raped 1 time.

That is probably the reason so many Brits have moved to the States. Its obviously much safer......

Of course, if the 3/4 of rapes are not reported value is not true, and we only analyse actual numbers, then its 8 time more safe to be in the States than in the UK.

As to most serial killers being men, no issue there. Men are supposedly known to be generally more aggressive than women, or at least that is the common myth. At the societal level, however, there is no male equivalent to the commonly used saying "Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned!". That, to my mind, would bring into question the idea that men are, in fact, intrinsically more aggressive than women.

I don't need stats. You have provided enough for a detailed analysis of your position.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 52
It looks like POF has already made some changes.
Posted: 7/21/2015 12:59:23 PM
I see that the OP, Sviitmore, has been removed and not by self deletion. Funny how Moderate Recall (TallIQ) was posting this morning....speaking of stalkers and evil men.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/21/2015 12:59:30 PM

I certainly did not marginalize her experience.

BULLSH!T, u certainly did

Jumping form wierdo phone calls, not threatening in any direct sense (as she stated), to the issue of rape and serial killers is a rather extreme attempt to sensationalize her experience.
it's a spectrum, how many rapists/serial killers know their victims & stalk/scope them out first...oops according to you it doesn't happen!

Let's just all be paranoid wrecks as we go through life.

Situational awareness, if u want ur ass killed or raped, fine, but me, I am careful. I grew up in NYC. Rode the NYC Subways, worked in NYC as a young woman, endured a lot of unwanted attention.

After all, you never do really know your neighbours, co-workers, friends and relatives.
I had a neighbor stalk me, a close friend of the family try to molest my sister & I when we were teens, bla bla bla.

Anyone of them COULD be a serial killing rapist woman beating child molesting pervert. Most likely, however, they are just sitting down with a coffee worrying about you.

Nope some are peeping Tom's, some r rapists, some r stalkers, or Serial Killers.
I live 30 mins away from Poughkeepsie...'The Poughkeepsie Tapes"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendall_Francois

Kendall Francois

Google the statistics on the perception of crime statistics vs the reality. Yes, people get robbed, but most never do. Yet, people are worried about crime rates, eve although they are generally in

Excuse me I was born in NYC, grew up in Queens, went to College in Brooklyn, & worked in NYC. I experienced crim sooo many times, I couldn't recount them all...Now living in upstate NY, I have a situational awareness & can smell a perp a mile away.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:05:13 PM
Good gosh....with all the threads involving quoted FBI and various crime stats, pretty soon pof forums are going to pop up first in Google search for crime statistics. ;)
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:09:39 PM
I can't believe how cavalier some men are about sexual assault & crime.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:14:14 PM
I see. The statistics you present are not representative of people in general, and anecdotal experiences of your personal life in NYC are a much more indicative representation of what really happens in the world. Well, why bother presenting statistics? Your personal experience is clearly the only thing that matters.

The only BULLSHIT here is your own. Go live in an area of high unemployment, rife with social problems (drugs, alcohol, unemployment, poor education) and there is no doubt that the probability of experiencing crime, violence, rape and whatever will be higher. Of course, if you live on a farm in Iowa, it will be lower. We all have to be aware of the danger of life. You are just engaged in an effort to sensationalize them, and to project your own views on others, despite the fact that your own stats show that to be a very unreasonable approach to life.

If you think you have a monopoly on life experiences in risky locations, you are sadly delusional. If you believe that your experience gives you a truth about life in general, you are even more deluded. All you can report on is YOUR life.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:14:23 PM
I look at this like the weather forecast...folks go all nuts because there is a 30% chance of rain. They don't look at it as a 70% chance of sunshine. If 10% are sexually assaulted, it means 90% aren't. So be careful but don't go nuts worrying about stats, victims, all men are pervert, rapists and killers and the whole world is going to hell. And no one marginalized anyone so get a very it.

Crook is right. Plus you can find data to back up every single opinion you may have on any subject and someone will find data to disprove it.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:25:56 PM

If you think you have a monopoly on life experiences in risky locations, you are sadly delusional. If you believe that your experience gives you a truth about life in general, you are even more deluded. All you can report on is YOUR life.

If you think you have a monopoly on life experiences in NON risky locations, you are sadly delusional. If you believe that your experience gives you a truth about life in general, you are even more deluded. All you can report on is YOUR life.
Your not a woman. You cannot have experienced life as I have. I've had my ass grabbed since age 13. Among other things.

Just look at all the women on here that get****pix.

You never hear about men getting vag pix like women get****pix.

But just bec. it hasn't happened to YOU doesn't mean it hasn't happened to ME.

IMO ur a marginalizer...I wonder why?
 rearguard*2
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:28:34 PM

I can't believe how intellectually dishonest some women can be when discussing politically correct fads. I can't believe how readily some women resort to smearing those who demolish their polemical diatribes rife with unsupportable bullshit.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:29:44 PM

Many men get raped and abused and don't report it. Yawn.

Define "many". Yawn.

Men are supposedly known to be generally more aggressive than women, or at least that is the common myth.

GENERALLY, men ARE more aggressive than women. Try proving that women are GENERALLY more aggressive than men. Furthermore, since men are GENERALLY bigger and stronger, they cause more damage when if their aggression turns into physical violence. That's not a myth.

At the societal level, however, there is no male equivalent to the commonly used saying "Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned!".

The saying implies that a particular type of woman may get very angry and even violent against a SPECIFIC man who has "done her wrong". Those chicks are dangerous people; agreed.

Are you saying some MEN don't do that, though? What about...She asked for it...She pushed my bottons...She made me do it...She just makes me so mad ...She knows I hate it when she blah, blah, bah...I could go on. Those guys are dangerous people.

Here's the big difference though; women are not much inclined to commit aggression against random, unknown males, are they now? At the "societal level" as you put it, violence against women is a statistically significant issue. The number of males who are victimized by WOMEN is small, and almost exclusively occurs within a domestic setting. Not true of male on female violence.

That, to my mind, would bring into question the idea that men are, in fact, intrinsically more aggressive than women.

Really? To my mind, common sense and facts are more worth examining than silly old sayings.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:39:52 PM

If that was directed at me you're throwing darts without cause. :/

I wasn't remotely criticizing your post. Just the number of threads this very same information is brought up in. Nothing more nothing less.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:45:45 PM
I think that if you ask any policeman, you will find that the vast majority of violence between the sexes is not the result of predators randomly choosing victims. The criminalists first candidates for the guilty parties are people known to the victim and within their immediate social circle. There are rare cases of random violence, but its not the rule. Typically, to be violent towards someone, you have to have some emotional reason, and its hard to be emotional about people you don't actually know and interact with.

I think that most men want to and act to protect their loved ones, and are not intrinsically aggressive to females. Men certainly have a physical advantage over most women, but that, in itself, does not mean they are more aggressive. Aggression in women may not take a direct physical form, but there can be no doubt that women are human beings, and consequently act out their emotions as do men. Sit in a divorce court some day and observe the bitter attacks by both sexes.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:52:04 PM

This is probably my sixth alias created in the last few months . . . and I had already decided it would be my last.

so sad, vagina dance!
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:56:02 PM

I can't believe how intellectually dishonest some women can be when discussing politically correct fads. I can't believe how readily some women resort to smearing those who demolish their polemical diatribes rife with unsupportable bullshit.

rape & murder & crime are bullshit? Ok let's see YOU get on the receiving end (pun intended) & then come back & tell us how it was!

GENERALLY, men ARE more aggressive than women. Try proving that women are GENERALLY more aggressive than men. Furthermore, since men are GENERALLY bigger and stronger, they cause more damage when if their aggression turns into physical violence. That's not a myth.

At the societal level, however, there is no male equivalent to the commonly used saying "Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned!".

The saying implies that a particular type of woman may get very angry and even violent against a SPECIFIC man who has "done her wrong". Those chicks are dangerous people; agreed.

Are you saying some MEN don't do that, though? What about...She asked for it...She pushed my bottons...She made me do it...She just makes me so mad ...She knows I hate it when she blah, blah, bah...I could go on. Those guys are dangerous people.

Here's the big difference though; women are not much inclined to commit aggression against random, unknown males, are they now? At the "societal level" as you put it, violence against women is a statistically significant issue. The number of males who are victimized by WOMEN is small, and almost exclusively occurs within a domestic setting. Not true of male on female violence.

That, to my mind, would bring into question the idea that men are, in fact, intrinsically more aggressive than women.

Really? To my mind, common sense and facts are more worth examining than silly old sayings.

If that was directed at me you're throwing darts without cause. :/

I wasn't remotely criticizing your post. Just the number of threads this very same information is brought up in. Nothing more nothing less.

Direct at both you & rearguard. By nature of your past occupation, I'd imagined you'd express more compassion. I'm quite disappointed in you. I thought you were a "Truth, justice & the American way" type man. You have seemed a bit deflated lately tho, so I'll give you a "get out of hell free card". Just this once, tho ;0P
 rearguard*2
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2015 2:03:52 PM
So now BA is attacking the character of another male participant. Gee, is there any clearer proof that women can be more aggressive than men? Neither I nor CC have impugned the character of any of the women in this discussion.

Now BA is trying to put words in my mouth as well. What next? Branding me as an agent of evil? Accusing me of being a serial killer? Good grief!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/21/2015 2:14:20 PM

By nature of your past occupation, I'd imagined you'd express more compassion. I'm quite disappointed in you. I thought you were a "Truth, justice & the American way" type man. You have seemed a bit deflated lately tho, so I'll give you a "get out of hell free card". Just this once, tho ;0P

Really? Keep the card, you just used yours.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/21/2015 2:17:17 PM

Now BA is trying to put words in my mouth as well.

Nope, you did..

What next? Branding me as an agent of evil? Accusing me of being a serial killer? God grief!

I won't say what I'm thinking...it's too delicious to share!

So now BA is attacking the character of another male participant.

not his character, his post.

Gee, is there any clearer proof that women can be more aggressive than men?

What the hell r u talking about? Now ur acting like butter can melt in ur mouth...

Neither I nor CC have impugned the character of any of the women in this discussion.

no, just marginalized women's experiences w/ the seedier side of life.
 kj521
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/21/2015 2:38:01 PM
Now hold up here!

I've been marmaladed, too!

Sheesh! I've even been called Lady Marmalade for crying out loud!

I demand you do something about it Mr. Crookcatcher!

And of course....I need you Mr. Rearguard....to...guard the rear! Haha haha!

What do you mean you're busy??? Fine!

I handle it myself! Pffft! I know who to call!

Where’s all mah soul sistas?
Lemme hear ya’ll flow sistas!

Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, flow sista
Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, go sista!

Alright ladies! Let's hear it!

Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya dada (Hey hey hey)
Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya here (here)
Mocha Chocalata ya ya (oh yea)
Creole lady Marmalade!!!

Woo Hoo! That was fun!

Wha.........What?

It was marginalize? Not marmalade?

oh.... :/

Well...................doesn't matter. I am sure I have been that, too! :D

****but I'll bet you a nickel....being marmaladed is much stickier....just sayin'.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/21/2015 2:40:48 PM
Oh FFS. Do you realize how boring this shit is. Every single person knows about rape, men and women. And FFS, this topic has been done to death. And FFS no one has marginalized any woman on here or posting here or any male or female that has been raped, had their boobs groped or their azz grabbed. And shouting, all caps and bold text will make anyone sound any more intelligent or their words heard. And many times this conversation does become a diatribe of bullshit. And m a woman and I get tired of listening to this bullshit back and forth.

What if every discussion about men, whether it be baldness, ED, paying for coffee, wearing socks with sandals, tuned into..."yea, well more men die in war than women so gimme a break." WTF.

You have two intelligent male posters here than have great respect for women by their prior postings and you're dumping on them, marginalizing their opinions, intelligence and experience. Do you not realize that these two are well aware of what goes on out there in the real world, have women they love, cherish and respect in their lives.

I will not live my life with a victim mentality or with a perceived victim mentality.
 mjinict
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2015 2:43:11 PM
Hey, if Rearguard wants to admit to being just as scared in a dark alley alone as an attractive woman then let him.
 11qq
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/21/2015 3:36:38 PM
hey KJ!!

which Lady Marmalade song are you singing?

the one done by LeBelle or the one by Christina, Pink, Lil Kim, Mya and Missy Misdemeanor?
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/21/2015 3:58:38 PM

Do you realize how boring this shit is.

Only a boring person can be bored ;0P
 11qq
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/21/2015 4:01:06 PM
what happened to our pictures????

everyone is an X inside of square box!

that's not what I look like!!!

i'm not a square, i'm a hipster!!! Lol
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/21/2015 4:02:04 PM
I had soup today for lunch. Got it at Sprouts. It was pretty good!
 kj521
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/21/2015 4:05:17 PM
Well....Tom...

That one is easy to determine if you are privy to the fun fact that one of Kj ' s favorite movie musicals happens to be.....

Moulin Rouge! ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > It looks like POF has already made some changes.