Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men happier married vs Women happier single - according to research      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 76
Men happier married vs Women happier single - according to researchPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I can talk only for my self. I were never married as well but the reason for that is that being a single man is better.
As for food, Don't like to go out to eat as I get sick literally. I think its from the oils some places use.
I can cook better then all the women I dated.
From dating I would say there is a lot less drama and demands when you are single. Life is just more simple.

But damn I do love to have a woman around...
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 77
 newoldgirl
Msg: 78
Men happier married vs Women happier single - according to research
Posted: 7/22/2015 6:32:27 PM

Think about this, a woman raised these men...maybe bytch at their mothers instead of them.

FFS, song. PARENTS raised the men. Why bytch at mom? Dad is blameless I guess.

My ex husband would not cook.

All of the men I have dated since divorce have cooked for me, even though most of them said they didn't do much cooking just for themselves. A lot of them expressed an interest in cooking together as well.

There is really no excuse not to be able to make a few basic dishes. You can youtube anyting.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/22/2015 6:48:06 PM

I just hate to cook..... Specially for one person

A crock pot can be ur best friend!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/22/2015 6:57:57 PM
Ya know Blonde...I have a crock pot. It still has the instructions inside with some recipes.

The clerks at 7/11 know me on a first name basis and my stove is spotless.

Thank god the microwave isn't leaking radiation :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2015 7:22:52 PM
I know men who like to cook but not to clean up!! Some new apartments have an alcove for just a micro wave oven, and are just bachelor pads, mainly in the city and guess who tends to live there.....ladies of the night...

Cooking for one can be a pain, pans and power etc and so easy just to get a meal out. There are some delicious frozen meals from Aldi and other stores, that have gotten the seal of approval and show all the carb content etc. Fine occasionally.

Just dont stand anywhere near the micro wave when it is on. Dont know about health issues with those but some of us cant live without them anymore.

I will cook muffins for the neighbours but would not bother for myself alone. I would prefer a man stay out of my kitchen though, I like to be queen there. lol!!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/22/2015 7:28:13 PM
The few times a gal is in my kitchen? It's a jaw dropping, WTF experience.

I love watching them get dizzy and disoriented with all the chaos..

Plastic spatulas, plastic wine glasses....

Some eggs, popcorn. Maybe a chicken breast.
 sealady111
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/22/2015 7:29:47 PM
Clooney..... me thinks you are being coy.

I am sure you could cook up a feast if you were inspired.
At least you could pour the wine if you were my guest this weekend.

My Christmas in July dinner party this weekend.

Nibbles - being brought by a guest.

1st course: Home made pumpkin and sweet potato soup with home made soda bread.
2nd course: A variation on Peking Duck. Cos lettuce with shredded chicken, cucumber, shallots and Hoisin sauce. To be assembled by the diners at the dinner table. Eaten with your hands.

Main course: Roast pork with crackling, gravy, baked apples and pears, potato, and various veggies.

Dessert : Christmas cake - home made by another female guest and fresh, in season, local strawberries.

We are 7 for dinner.

Ahh the joys of being a single woman.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/22/2015 7:32:36 PM
Truth be told?

The only time I fake being a cook is when I plan a dinner at my cave.

I nuke a bunch of pre made dishes from Trader Joes.

Serve them up in nice trays.

I'm pretty sure the gals know I faked it though :(

I also make sure to hide any used candles.

Ladies don't like seeing a used candle. Go figure.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/22/2015 10:04:38 PM

A crock pot can be ur best friend!

I bought one and I like it but haven't had much luck. When I have turned it on for the day, when I came home from work everything was REALLY overcooked, even on the lower temperature. It's not a fancy one with timers, just two temperatures, high and low. ??? :-(
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2015 10:51:05 PM
guys do not like to see half used candles around my bath either!! All evidence of previous paramours and a bit illogical but there you are. We do have a life before the current one comes along..

There is no need to cook and get all hot and flustered before your guests arrive, these days unless you enjoy it and have a dishwasher.

Crockpots used to be all the rage here but leaving food to simmer all day whilst at work, would not be for me.

Sealady

I have put on 5 kgs just reading your menu. Pears with Roast Pork? That is a new one on me but it all sounds delicious.
Enjoy!!
 sealady111
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/22/2015 11:08:22 PM
Pears and roast pork?

Try it.

Much easier and looks more spectacular than making apple sauce.
Just pop the whole pears into the oven with the pork for the last 15 mins or so.
So preparation, no fat, no sugar.

Guests can slice off as much or little as they like.

The apples take a little longer.

Just purchased the ingredients.

Now to prepare and roast the pumpkin and sweet potato and let it cool before making the soup, which ALWAYS tastes better the next day.
So I am making it to be eaten the next day.

Also have purchased some fabulous port to have with dessert and coffee.
Thank goodness most of the guests are staying overnight and the couple who are driving home?
Husband is the sober driver. Yay!!!!

Back to the topic of this thread.
I could not have cooked this menu when I was married.
My husband did not eat the skin of anything - so no crackling on Roast Pork.
No baked apples nor pears with skin.
And he considered pumpkin to be pig food.

Yep.... eating food is the reason I have my padding.
Eating the food I love.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2015 11:11:53 PM
I didn't read all the responses but i right off agree with the finding.

The reason? Lingering male domination and societal issues directed towards married women (in general, I get that people in general are happy in a healthy relationship, but how many are ... aka...the divorce rate).

Why are men happier? Probably lingering mommy issues combined with the fact that they feel safer because women are (overtly or covertly) stronger then men. Gives them security, IMO.

Of course there are tons of variables and shoes worn on other feet, but in general, that would be my reasoning.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/23/2015 2:17:47 PM

I also make sure to hide any used candles.

Ladies don't like seeing a used candle. Go figure.

That's a new one to me!

Did they say they didn't like it? How odd...
 sigungq
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2015 2:34:05 PM

sealady111 wrote:

Do you agree with the 'research'?

Yes, because I find (at least in the USA) that women (in general) don't like men very much. So the research makes sense.
 Maleman999
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/23/2015 2:38:36 PM

At home, my hero is a man that surprises me with a home cooked meal of my favorite foods. He is a real dish. ]

This is an positive way to tell men you expect someone who can also cook.

I remember way back when, there was a saying: "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" (no-not referring to surgery). But it looks like-at least with POF people-the opposite is true. The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach. Any woman who wants a man to cook her favorite foods should specify what her favorite dish or dishes is in her profile, so the guys can be forewarned. Guys are not mind readers.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/23/2015 3:36:32 PM
^^^ I did mention in a post the other day that if she gets taken out to dinner 20 times (paid for by him,) and lots of gifts (paid for by him) and a vacation (paid for by him)...he might get a pot roast and a blow job...might.

But, seriously, I think a man and a woman are happiest in a happy relationship. I think both genders would prefer a shared life with someone they love and respect and who loves and respects them.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2015 3:48:26 PM
Don't like the cooking mess? About two minutes after a meal, rinse everything you used, put in dishwasher. After about 3 days turn dishwasher on. Unload while cooking the next meal, you'll be done before the water starts boiling.

Cooking for one person isn't hard. You ought to know by this time how much you'll eat at one meal.
 Brave_one
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/23/2015 4:12:47 PM

When I have turned it on for the day, when I came home from work everything was REALLY overcooked, even on the lower temperature.

At if first you don’t succeed ......try try again. And pray tell, what did you try to cook that was over cooked after 10 plus hours or so ?
Beef stew, soup etc..... and imo if thats the case,..... put a timer on your crock pot to shut off after 8 hours cooking at low temp...
PS. and here is my secret liquid ingredient .....I add V 8 juice.
a nice kick.....
 clooneystutor
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/23/2015 4:29:02 PM

Regarding the candles?

She quipped that she sensed overlap...
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/23/2015 4:43:42 PM

PS. and here is my secret liquid ingredient .....I add V 8 juice.
a nice kick.....

Oooh, that’s a good idea. :)

Over cooking in a crock pot? Hm….maybe didn’t follow the recipe correctly? Maybe not enough liquid? Cooking doesn’t get much easier than loading it up and flipping the switch. Love coming home to the smell of delicious food, all ready to eat.

I love cooking for my man. :)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/23/2015 4:51:35 PM
My coworker claims that chicks are amazed by his Vienna sausages and BBQ sauce in a crockpot.

They think it's a gourmet dish...hahahhahaha
 newoldgirl
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/23/2015 6:12:27 PM

Regarding the candles?

Jeez. Maybe you could use the candles to burn the sheets too. Since there might be overlap.
 ohenryx
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2015 7:46:40 PM

clooneystutor

Regarding the candles?

Well, I don’t do candles, so no problem there. I do have to throw away sex toys though. Any time you start a new relationship, you have to go to the store together and buy brand new toys for your new love interest. Seems a shame to throw away perfectly good, perfectly functioning fairly expensive toys, but there it is.
 gtomustang
Msg: 100
I used to know some crackpots who loved a good sausage, too
Posted: 7/23/2015 9:47:36 PM
OK, dumb question...if someone's actually coming over to your house to sample your cooking...is it safe to jump to the conclusion a few dates have already occurred, and these people feel safe in coming to your place? that before your cooking, there was eating in public places?

not that any of you are named Bill Cosby, just that I thought meeting at the home was done after one felt safe enough with a new partner, so assumptions and conclusions and impressions had already been made....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men happier married vs Women happier single - according to research