Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love or Hate these profile specifics...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HondoGal
Msg: 108
Love or Hate these profile specifics...Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

You could have just used Cooking spray (or pour vegetable oil, etc )and sprayed the parts stuck.

1st put the trap in a shoe box with lid( those clear ones are good). Wear rubber gloves or better yet a patted glove/cooking pot mit) if you need to use hands to help un stick and spray!

He should be able to release himself. ~Joe

Thanks for the tip, Joe. His whole little body was stuck on the side. He’d probably been stuck for a while. The sticky is meant for rats so its really hard to get out of. I think if there’d been a way to save him my vet would have told me for he was a really great guy.

If someone came to him with an injured animal, that he could save, but they refused to pay for the cure, these persons would then ask him to euthanize the animal, “I can get a new dog cheaper than that”. My vet said he did not become one to euthanize animals. He would then take custody of the pet, cure it or perform the necessary surgery then put it up for adoption in his office. I took home some of the pets he rescued on weekends so that they could have a yard to run around in.

Walter’s dentistry business may suffer as a result of his being revealed as Cecil’s killer. Outraged people have taken to Yelp and posted furious reviews.~LitHiker

That is mainly because the media is not revealing all the facts. He did not lure this lion out of his sanctuary; the guys he hired did. The dentist did not know this was a protected lion. I did not know that ANY lions were allowed to be killed in Africa. I can’t understand how any one could get a thrill out of killing these big game animals. I mean, where’s the challenge? Anyone armed with a killer rifle could kill them.

If they think it is somehow manly (as my elephant killer neighbor does) then do it mano a paw!

Yes, probably. Vets have a lot of love and compassion for animals, but they are also realists. If the mouse was already injured or damaged, I would think the vet would be sensible enough not to set it free at a disadvantage. ~Newoldgirl

Exactly, my vet was a great guy. We became really close as one of my dogs was ill, with an incurable disease, for three years.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Love or Hate these profile specifics...
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:50:06 AM

As she reached in her baggage she gasped with surprise
There was her bag of cookies in front of her eyes
"If mine are here" she moaned with despair
"Then the others were his and he tried to share"

"I'm not going to apologize," she realized without grief
It was a ploy by him to try and get sexual relief ;)

James Carville and Mary Matalin.

Yeah, I still scratch my head over how they can get along. I would like to see a reality show revealing how they roll.
 skinnybarncat2
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/17/2016 12:10:20 PM
Maybe it's due to both being physically ugly, and all sex is a type of "make-up sex"......(;
 hemingway234
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/21/2016 6:18:38 AM
Mystery usually works better in the beginning, so don't talk about yourself too much, especially about sex. People naturally get to know each other over time.

In a few months when she's in love and hooked on ya, then you can tell her you like to hunt Bambi and work for the mob! Make sure you catch her when she faints.
 cw35
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2016 7:24:53 PM
There are a lot of crazy laundry lists of demands on some profiles I've read. I've seen ones with over a hundred written out exact specs that must be met. That isn't really the crazy part though. The crazy part is that a lot of the "must have" specs contradict one another. Not wanting to "settle" and living in a fantasy world are two different things. Especially since the people in these profiles are usually no prize. I'll just assume I'll be single for quite some time if I'm depending on POF for a relationship. lol
 gtomustang
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/27/2016 6:50:20 AM
I'm sure if a person wants a contradictory fantasy world, and they aren't attractive...no one cares. We only care when we want to rail them into the sunset and their demands get in the way of that. Since we're likely not the only one wanting to get them into bed, they can demand anything they want...and get it. or throw out all those demands when they find a hottie.

i'm sure we've all known someone who dated for a while someone not "their type".
 BikerRoyale
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/27/2016 9:04:52 AM
The only profiles I really dislike are those where it's clear the person is angry, or is holding onto some issues from previous relationships.

Those that start by listing what they don't want, rather than telling me about themselves. I don't mind seeing some "deal breakers" listed, but not first thing. I'm looking for someone happy who enjoy's life, not someone stuck reminiscing about past hurts.

Profiles that start with things like..

you don't know how strong you can be till you have to be...
No liars, cheaters, fakes... really?
Trying again...

stuff like that. I want a happy person. We've all been hurt, and it's fine to open up to someone about it. Just not in your profile...please.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2016 12:26:26 PM
A dating counselor once told me of a study that stated out of 1000 totally random adults - men, women, married, single, whatever - you'd have a good shot at being romantically compatible with 5 or 6 of them. That's 1/2 of one percent. Of everyone. Not exactly a needle in a haystack, but seemingly slim odds nonetheless.

What I see is the failure of online daters -- is realizing what those numbers actually mean.
(Spoiler alert -- it's a math lesson)

Out of that 1000, take away the married & committed, same sex (if you are hetero), and people reasonably outside of your age group. It's probably more like 5 out of 300 - 1.6 percent. Take away those outside of a decent travel area, and those who are not online searching - and it's more like 5 out of 150 - 3.3 percent. So it's not 5 out of 1000 in online dating terms - it's more like 33 or 34.

And yet, we limit ourselves with these laundry lists of 'must haves' and such. Body shapes, income, smokers, education, kids or not, pets or not -- each choice we toggle cuts the list in half, and half again - some even more so. Eight items that could possibly split a list 50/50 - only eight -- takes that 1000 people -- down to less than four. That means we've cut our potential matches by almost 1000 percent, and that's even before we even BOTHER trying to date or message or make ANY connection of ANY kind. At this point, we don't even know if they are REAL or not.

Aiming for 5 or 6 out of 1000 sounds like a safe bet, right? It's no wonder we can't even get a decent date. We're losing out on a couple dozen more because of our own ego -- or ignorance.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love or Hate these profile specifics...