Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Cheating boyfriend caught?!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

"Somebody hacked my account" has become as overused as "the dog ate my homework".

The thing is, when your dog DOES eat your homework -- you're FVCKED. FVCKED. Nobody's going to believe you. At all. In fact, you'll get in more trouble for insulting their intelligence for telling them that "obvious lie".

Which is why actually hacking someone's account is Oh-So Sweet. Someone having to tell their girlfriend the same thing as "the dog ate my homework"! LOL. Muhahahaha! (rubbing hands together in a sinister fashion)

He says someone hacked his Pof account and that he would never attempt to cheat on.

What did you expect him to say when surprisingly confronted by that, though? :)

You have "single" in your profile, with no mention of having a BF (and that you're just on for the forums). He had a POF account, which I'm assuming was "Single" too. His ex has a profile on POF as single, being the only person who should have.

If you both had Single profiles on POF, having started seeing each other 2 months ago, I don't know if it's cheating if he's hitting up someone on POF. :)
 Qura
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Cheating boyfriend caught?!
Posted: 7/25/2015 8:16:48 AM
You wrote, ". . . but there are so many red flags."

So, if this weirdness is on top of other crap, why are you still hanging around? Honesty needs no explanation; liars have all sorts of good stories/excuses that "make sense." But if he was always telling the truth, he wouldn't have to "explain" things.

Move on.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/25/2015 2:15:53 PM

I've been dating this "amazing guy"

He says someone hacked his Pof account and that he would never attempt to cheat on. He is extremely against it but there are so many red flags.

I'm really torn and need some advice.

It's obvious.

Keep dating the "amazing" guy with so many red flags.

After all, he's "amazing", right?

What's a few/many red flags to get so concerned about?
 softy599
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2015 5:28:11 PM
What are the other red flags?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2015 9:36:57 PM
Yes what are the other red flags?? If there are too many, move on. It has been only about 8 weeks and you don't have to waste your time on the guy if you are not happy he is seeing other girls. He is entitled to do so, unless he made promises to you to be exclusive. That you have caught him out has pressured him to lie as he wants to have the fun and games with you or does not want to wear your anger.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/25/2015 11:13:02 AM
Here's how I like to think of these type of situations, there's the possible and the probable. It is POSSIBLE there is a woman who is stalking him and trying to screw with him for whatever reason. It's PROBABLE that he's using the hacked my account to backstroke out of this pond of crap he's been caught in.

See how he responds to the request to delete his POF account. He can always create another one, and unless he's a regular forum user, if he's dating you EXCLUSIVELY, what does he need it for? If there's no commitment, verbalized and agreed to, he can do whatever with whomever whenever he wants.
 ohenryx
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2015 12:50:31 PM
^^^^ Damn, she's hot!

NG, I came home the other day and my dog had ate (or at least chewed up / mangled) a thumb drive that I use to transfer files to the media player in the living room. Wasn't my homework, though.

Ouija2025
You lost me when you said Tuesday was the 18th. :/ So how does she know you, how did she send a message via facebook without being on your " friend" list? Why would POF techs get involved - no crime has been committed.
Does he still have an active dating profile here?
Quite the puzzler that someone would hack an account - then manage to contact a former flame - expes. since people don't use their real names here. Hmm.

+1
This does not add up.
 Debisue64
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2015 8:27:11 AM
Even if this woman went to the extreme of hacking his account... sending the message herself.. and THEN sending you the results....

You will always wonder who is telling the truth.

I have had a similar situation happen once..... I cut and run.
 22qq
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/30/2015 9:47:27 AM
hell hath no fury.........

I wrote to a POF woman and we started a convo that transpired into phone calls.

we made plans for a meet and greet.

she expressed her worry that I was a serial dater and that perhaps she should consider calling the M&G off.

I wrote back: "the date is off. I wish you well in your search. best wishes, Tom."

she wrote back 4 times calling me every name in the book and finally said I was now "FAMOUS ON FACEBOOK."

I thought to myself, 'Great! i'm already world famous in Youngstown, Ohio maybe I can be the same in Clearwater, Florida.' then I remembered that I'M NOT ON FACEBOOK and no one there knows me. darn it.

i'm sometimes criticized for not dating in my own age group.
this woman was my exact age and had a Master's Degree and lived in a gated high rise community with a view of the Gulf of Mexico.

~sigh~
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2015 10:26:57 AM
Welcome back POTUS!
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/30/2015 2:50:47 PM

she expressed her worry that I was a serial dater and that perhaps she should consider calling the M&G off.

You can still be famous on Facebook, all she had to do was link your profile page on POF to her Facebook so the people she is friends with can see you--but the way most women are it would end up with a large majority of them making up accounts and contacting you :P

Normally when a woman says something about a man being good looking etc that he is popular or a serial dater it is due to her own self esteem issues--she was wanting a commitment before she met you
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2015 5:40:19 PM
Tom

The woman was doubtful and conflicted about meeting you, she may have been glad of an out after all. Who knows? She could have taken a chance and met you, what harm would there have been? Only one drink or so after all. This kind of thing can happen with any age group.
 22qq
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:01:05 PM
that's my point Latitia.

i'm told by several women on here that it's wrong for me to date all ages but in the end it's not the age that's the problem.

but I will say this about women in their late 60's and early 70's that I've been out with. I wonder if they have had dental education. I can usually smell a slightly unpleasant odor on their breath.
have any of you noticed the wonderful condition of the younger generations teeth? it's amazing. my exwife was 20 years younger than me and in her 20's and she didn't have one single filling and her teeth looked like chicklets. always had fresh breath.

thank you for that welcome back Mr. Secretary of Defense Adventure Joe.
I was given the boot but I crawled back in the mosh!!!

in my next reincarnation i'll probably be 33qq.
 TheWhitetigeress
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:12:14 PM
Wasn't the OP's username something else?
and now it's suspendedindeed
 sealady111
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:12:43 PM
That slightly unpleasant odour is something I have noticed on some older men as well.
60's plus.

It does not seem to be there all the time.

Younger people have been drinking flouride all their lives.
Makes a difference.

My dad (83) had all his teeth pulled out and got dentures on his 21st birthday.
 22qq
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:33:03 PM
I agree sealady.

the odor seems to come and go. it's not strong. it's a whiff now and then.

I slow danced with a woman in her late 60's at the moose last year and her makeup had an odor. i'm pretty sure it was her makeup because we were dancing cheek to cheek and not mouth to mouth.

first I floss, then I brush with Sonic battery op toothbrush and then I gargle with a special hi tech mouthwash-SmartMouth. you mix these two ingredients together in a cup and gargle for a minimum of 30 seconds. not the greatest taste. but believe it or not it's a 12 hour mouthwash and it takes away onion, garlic, tobacco and alcohol breath instantly. use it at night and no morning breath. it really works even if you eat garlic after you've gargled.
 tangofish
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2015 11:31:35 PM
Amazing takes like ... At least 4 months to verify

Just kidding... Only Spider-Man can claim that title.

Hey I've got an idea... Ask him what he was doing on or around that time and date... Then wait for his expression... If it's surprised, fear , panic or shame... Then you have your answer... If its confused....

I suggest you keep your expectations low... For sake of clearance..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >