Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Online World Different From Offline      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 176
Online World Different From OfflinePage 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Wow, all that wasted energy and didn't even make a point. What does my preference for non-American men have to do with me admiring CrookCatcher's use of language?

don't worry, I'll wait *Kat Williams voice*
 clooneystutor
Msg: 177
Online World Different From Offline
Posted: 7/31/2015 8:12:10 AM

"You really want to know what it feels like to be the clown at midnight? Where there's only ever one joke and it's always on you? Well, here you are. Now do you get it?"

- The Joker
 Ouija2025
Msg: 178
Posted: 7/31/2015 8:32:23 AM
"Apokaliptian demigods. We're a little out of our depth here"
Bruce Wayne
Patch sounds like you crushing on Belle :/
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 179
Posted: 7/31/2015 9:13:16 AM

I think it's funny that BelleAtlantic states that she enjoys CrookCatcher's BS. This is wonderful for me because it represents the hypocrisy on these forums. The timing could not be more perfect. I see that CrookCatcher is from the good old USA.

Well, Crook does seem to have the old "all women should be respected but men have to earn your respect" attitude.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2015 11:28:19 AM

Some do it just for attention. These women don't have any intention of meeting or dating anyone online. They simply like to be drooled over and may even engage in some flirty messaging but will never meet anyone.

True, SOME do!

Why do you care what some gals do? It would be smarter to learn how to avoid them, then to obsess over what they do or not do. I have had my time wasted both IRL and OLD, and I dislike time vampires. But you should focus on the ones who aren't wasting their own time and yours!

I think it's funny that BelleAtlantic states that she enjoys CrookCatcher's BS. This is wonderful for me because it represents the hypocrisy on these forums. The timing could not be more perfect. I see that CrookCatcher is from the good old USA.

So what? CC is a friend of mine, and I am not looking to date him, so his cultural allegiance is unimportant to me. I never heard Belle say she dislikes American cultured men. I heard her say she dislikes dating them, because they don't go anywhere. I feel the same often about American cultured women. Does that make me a hypocrite because I watched 90210 when I was younger?(rolls eyes)

Well, Crook does seem to have the old "all women should be respected but men have to earn your respect" attitude.

I think CC is more the type that will respect everyone, up to a point, until he is shown a reason NOT to respect someone. Whiny men fall under reasons to lose respect, I wager. He spent most of his working life avoiding being shot, whining guys is like a mosquito in the ear!
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 181
Posted: 7/31/2015 11:53:04 AM

Whiny men fall under reasons to lose respect, I wager. He spent most of his working life avoiding being shot, whining guys is like a mosquito in the ear!

It's just that I've never seen him disagree with anything a woman has to say on these forums. It's not like whining is exclusively a male trait- women do it too. People who whine about their woes in dating just need some counselling in my opinion- there's no need to put them down.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 182
Posted: 7/31/2015 11:59:53 AM

I think CC is more the type that will respect everyone, up to a point, until he is shown a reason NOT to respect someone. Whiny men fall under reasons to lose respect, I wager. He spent most of his working life avoiding being shot, whining guys is like a mosquito in the ear!

Not to add more wood to this fire, but I think of CC as the type of guy who is a gentleman and will give you the benefit of the doubt until you prove otherwise. But after that you're dog meat.
I believe in that type of behavior, that type of honesty, that brutal honesty. I tend to judge a man as well as women by their actions. Everything else is b u ll sh it. And if you do not like something you can Change it, avoid it, or accept it.

So rather than whine, change the only thing you can change, yourself. And if you fall again, you get up and try something different, again, and again, and again. Eventually, you will succeed.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/31/2015 12:09:44 PM

So rather than whine, change the only thing you can change, yourself. And if you fall again, you get up and try something different, again, and again, and again. Eventually, you will succeed.

The first rule of counselling is that you shouldn't tell somebody how they should feel. On this forum you're going to get a lot of that BS. For people who lack self-confidence or are very sensitive it's best to avoid forums like these- they need to go see a professional counselor.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/31/2015 12:18:34 PM

It's just that I've never seen him disagree with anything a woman has to say on these forums.

Really? I'm going to have to say that's not even close to true.

What you fail to understand is, I don't care that you have negative opinions about OLD or who pays for the jezzus frickin cup of coffee or your expectations on who pays for what pct of a meal.

What I can't fathom and it chaps my ass is the incessant need to make it seem as though it's got to be their fault because you don't see how it could be yours.

If you can't get a woman to respond to
your message, suck it the hell up and move on. But no....she's shallow and rude..and I'm going to whine about it.

You don't want to spend the money on a first meet for both the coffee's or whatever, put that in your damn profile....but you won't, because if you think she's hot enough you'll pay....don't say you won't.

I have to imagine that if most any normal person who had never been involved in OLD, who had any reasonable life experiences were too read some of these post by the woe is me, whiney, it's just not fair brigade they would have to conclude that there would be no way those posters could function normally in a social setting.

I read those posts and go wtf! Are you so inept at interacting with the opposite sex that you have to make the cost of a cup of coffee the reason why you can't succeed?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 185
Posted: 7/31/2015 1:32:34 PM

I read those posts and go wtf! Are you so inept at interacting with the opposite sex that you have to make the cost of a cup of coffee the reason why you can't succeed?

I'm not blaming anyone for why I can't succeed. I know there are women out there who will pay for their own meals and drinks. I just have an issue with some women calling any man who won't pay for them a "cheapskate." I don't send messages out on this site. I met my ex on this site a few years ago and why the relationship didn't last is that we didn't have that many common interests. I think I'll have a much better chance of meeting a woman who shares my interests by joining clubs and activity groups in real life.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 186
Posted: 7/31/2015 1:55:25 PM

I think I'll have a much better chance of meeting a woman who shares my interests by joining clubs and activity groups in real life.

This part of the post is the best I've ever seen you make. You're absolutely correct.

OLD doesn't work for everyone, but it's not alway's the other sides fault.

Good luck to you! :)
 newoldgirl
Msg: 187
Posted: 7/31/2015 1:56:35 PM

You don't want to spend the money on a first meet for both the coffee's or whatever, put that in your damn profile....but you won't, because if you think she's hot enough you'll pay....don't say you won't.

LOL!

Come on, Kiss. Admit it. If the woman shows up and she's a smoke show, you're gonna pay for her Timmies now aren't ya? Maybe a timbit or two as well :)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2015 2:13:09 PM

LOL!

Come on, Kiss. Admit it. If the woman shows up and she's a smoke show, you're gonna pay for her Timmies now aren't ya? Maybe a timbit or two as well :)

That's true, but at times like that , I feel it might be best to tell her that she will pay for both of us. Throw something out that she isn't used to!
 gtomustang
Msg: 189
Posted: 7/31/2015 2:17:54 PM
what are timmies, are they strong enough for a man, but made for a woman?

not everything in life, ends up working the way we wish. sometimes, we just blow off some steam over that fact.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 190
Posted: 7/31/2015 2:25:09 PM

what are timmies, are they strong enough for a man, but made for a woman?

IIRC, Timmies/Canada = Denny's/USA
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 191
Posted: 7/31/2015 2:28:02 PM

I am going to have fun with this statement. When I started dating, I would go out with a girl that I found incredibly attractive and went out of my way for her, and the date went cold and bad. Then I would go out with a woman that after meeting her I realize I did not find anything attractive about her. I would pull back and while polite I would not make any advances or do anything. More often than not, she pushed forward her body language and became the aggressor. Many times during that awkward walk to her car, which I always do because I prefer to be a gentleman. She would kiss me, not me her, and offer more tongue that I was bargaining for.

So I decided to do the opposite. If I really, really like the woman, I would do a little advance and then pull back and tread her like there was something wrong with her. It worked, for now the hot girls were being the aggressors. The moral, attractive women do not like to be denied, it hits their ego more than anything. So in the case above, I would have let her pay, and also be a little dismissive.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 192
Posted: 7/31/2015 5:33:30 PM

IIRC, Timmies/Canada = Denny's/USA

It's more like a doughnut chain that's also known for their coffee. Krispy Kreme doughtnuts USA would be a better comparison.

A first meet coffee, no bid deal. Dinner at the Red Lobster- it's separate checks.
 sealady111
Msg: 193
Posted: 7/31/2015 5:38:15 PM
Agreed..

CrookCatcher comes across as being a gentleman.
When he disagrees he does it with charm.

Thank you.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 194
Posted: 7/31/2015 6:11:41 PM
GTO, Timmies refers to Tim Hortons coffee shops. They are absolutely EVERYWHERE! LOL. I pass four of them on my way to work every day, and the drive through lanes are always packed. No hockey mom or dad would show up at the arena for their kid's 600 am hockey practice without the trademark brown paper cup of coffee. Staff rooms are over run with empty Tim's cups. A long car ride with kids often starts with a trip through Timmies--coffee for the parents, Timbits (doughnut holes) for the kids!

I have been on perhaps 20 first meets at Timmies. I don't even drink coffee. LOL
 07songsungblue
Msg: 195
Posted: 7/31/2015 6:35:09 PM
Timmies, or Tim Hortons, is like Starbucks only half the price. And Newoldgirl is right, every office has a dozen donuts arrive in the lunch room at least once a week. I stop in every morning for my coffee fix. Every road trip starts at Tim's. Everyone knows what a "double/ double" is, it was the second words my grand daughter spoke after "Mommy"..,double/ double. They have a breakfast menu and sandwiches,ms ours, chili, etc. Fair prices, friendly staff and clean. Many a first meet starts at a Tim's.

The chain was started by Tim Horton the hockey player...only in Canada, pity. Lol. The chain is now owned by Wendy's and are franchised.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 196
Posted: 7/31/2015 6:56:57 PM
Ladies, if a guy shows up to a first meet looking smokin' hot does that mean you're paying for his coffee?
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 197
Posted: 7/31/2015 7:44:28 PM
^^^^^^

No! I don't care what he looks like, the protocol does not change.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/31/2015 8:31:44 PM

No! I don't care what he looks like, the protocol does not change.

Yes! I don't care what he looks like, the protocol does not change :)
 sigungq
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2015 6:35:52 PM
Online, offline, it's all the same, women bloviate about how they can't find a good guy, when one is usually standing right in front of them.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 200
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:02:06 PM

The chain was started by Tim Horton the hockey player...only in Canada, pity. Lol. The chain is now owned by Wendy's and are franchised.

I hate Timmy's. I attribute it to the fact that Tim Horton was a Maple Leaf - now if he'd been a Hab, the coffee would be good and they wouldn't ship the Donuts in from Mississauga. A freakin' donut chain where they don't even make donuts in the same province that they sell them.

Visitors to Canada would be well advised to give the ubiquitous Timmys stores a pass.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Online World Different From Offline