Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Online World Different From Offline      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sigungq
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Online World Different From OfflinePage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Online, offline, it's all the same, women bloviate about how they can't find a good guy, when one is usually standing right in front of them.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 200
Online World Different From Offline
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:02:06 PM

The chain was started by Tim Horton the hockey player...only in Canada, pity. Lol. The chain is now owned by Wendy's and are franchised.

I hate Timmy's. I attribute it to the fact that Tim Horton was a Maple Leaf - now if he'd been a Hab, the coffee would be good and they wouldn't ship the Donuts in from Mississauga. A freakin' donut chain where they don't even make donuts in the same province that they sell them.

Visitors to Canada would be well advised to give the ubiquitous Timmys stores a pass.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 201
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:06:33 PM
^ I hate "Timmies", too. And hockey. I don't even have a right to live in Canada :(
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 202
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:08:55 PM
As long as you know what drawing to the button is, and what "Hurry hard" refers to, you're still Canadian.

And if you turn that into some twisted sex thing, you'll be banished.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:12:59 PM
^ "Drawing to the button"? "Hurry hard"? I'm lost. Banished from the forums, or banished from Canada? Can you just DO that??

* Wait! I know who Neil Young is! (re. Below)
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:16:21 PM
We're having a meeting. Canadians who aren't Canadian enough will be sent to a reeducation camp in the worst place we can find. Fortunately for you, you can make it in about 10 minutes from your house.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 205
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:17:57 PM
I'm involved in a charity for Prostate Cancer, funds raised by folks on motorcycles. For 9 years Tim Hortons has supplied coffee and donuts for 1,200 riders and 200 volunteers...free. And we aren't the only charity; Tim Horons is at walks, runs, bicycle rides, children's sport's and have their own Send a Kid to Camp campaign through out my City as well as damn near every city, town in every province across Canada. So I'll stick with supporting Tim's as they support the people in their community. WTF has Starbucks done locally? They've done SFA.

So visitors to Canada can support whoever they want, we don't care because we're nice. But rest assured, we know who WE support and why.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/4/2015 6:48:18 AM
Timmies has awful coffee. Baby I am with you, only thing I know about hockey is they use a disk they call a puck. No idea why.
Neil is running with Daryl Hannah
But if someone rammed a grocery cart into your leg, and you say sorry, you are def Canadian.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:09:22 PM

Timmies refers to Tim Hortons coffee shops. They are absolutely EVERYWHERE!

Timmay! Timmay! Tim-tim-timmay? (South Park)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2015 5:27:36 AM
sigungq

A good guy may be standing right in front of a woman but if she is not attracted she barely notices him. Does not care how "good" he may be.

Another post about the good guy being passed over. Or variations on the "nice" guy.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/5/2015 6:32:55 AM

A good guy may be standing right in front of a woman but if she is not attracted she barely notices him. Does not care how "good" he may be.

Another post about the good guy being passed over. Or variations on the "nice" guy.

In the end women do not want or give a rats a ss about good guys. They want a man that will make them flutter.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/5/2015 9:26:12 AM
^^^^^^^
No, you are wrong... They want to take the guy that makes them flutter and turn HIM into the "good guy".
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2015 9:27:02 AM
Hey Sig! You can be a nice guy, if they are into you, that is!
 Olivoil
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/5/2015 9:59:31 AM
I hate "Timmies", too. And hockey. I don't even have a right to live in Canada :(

Same.
Do you remember when Crispy Creme came to Canada? I lived in Edmonton, and we had special cars driving those fresh made donuts up from Calgary. We all thought we'd died and gone to heaven.

Hockey, what's that? Sounds boring.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/5/2015 10:14:14 AM
FYI, Not just in Canada,
Connecticut Tim Hortons locations (10)
Indiana Tim Hortons locations (1)
Kentucky Tim Hortons locations (2)
Massachusetts Tim Hortons locations (5)
Maine Tim Hortons locations (25)
Michigan Tim Hortons locations (99)
New York Tim Hortons locations (60)
Ohio Tim Hortons locations (80)
Pennsylvania Tim Hortons locations (5)
Rhode Island Tim Hortons locations (26)
West Virginia Tim Hortons locations (6)

Tried it, it was OK,
Prefer FRESH, hot off the fryer Krispy Kreme.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/5/2015 10:22:13 AM
I don't like Tim Hortons or "timmie" as I don't drink coffee. The closest I get to coffee is a capuccino from any Italian establishment, or from places that have the MacDaddy coffee making machines. I've also messed with machiatos, frap, praline flavored coffee, but I seem to enjoy hot chocolate best.

So Dunkin Donuts, Timmies, and any establish (except Starbucks), that sell coffee as their main thing, doesn't get any business from me. If I get foot in a Dunkin Donuts, it's for their french crullers or chocolate frosted donuts, or their Baskin Robbins section, that's like every other year. I used to get their breakfast sandwiches but then I stopped consuming fake food, it made me sick, and went back to my default, crepes which have never wronged me.

vvvvv

None in the Bronx either, even Dunkin Donuts is struggling. There are no longer open 24 hrs.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2015 10:37:01 AM
I had never heard of that chain before but a google map search shows that there are 4 in manhattan in the tourist trap area and 1 near the Jamaica train terminal in queens. That makes me think that they are catering to homesick tourist and expats here.

Oddly, there is one in Staten Island. I would think in the land of the"Orange people" that would be a bad place for a foreign chain coffee/pastry stop, or at least one that name doesn't end in a vowel. :)

At least Brooklynites have kept them out!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/5/2015 11:19:48 AM

No, you are wrong... They want to take the guy that makes them flutter and turn HIM into the "good guy".

You just keep beating that horse to death....we get it....you're pissed off at everything....sucks to be you. :/

You can be a nice guy, if they are into you, that is!

Doesn't hurt to be even if they're not. In fact I recommend it. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2015 12:00:49 PM

Hockey, what's that? Sounds boring.

I think you shouldn't post that publicly. You're liable for treason by Canadian law! It's as bad as liking the Red Wings. :)

In the end women do not want or give a rats a ss about good guys. They want a man that will make them flutter.

How is he wrong? His statement doesn't conflict with yours, so you didn't point out where he'd be wrong. Some girls do like to turn the "bad boy" into the "good guy" for them (but still have that attitude toward others some). But that's not all girls. Life online or IRL isn't a Mars / Venus thing. People within a gender vary. A lot. Society likes to promote more of a Mars / Venus thing. A Mr Nice Guy struggles because he's been conditioned/brain-washed by that. But he doesn't need to get p!ssed -- otherwise he'll be in the same boat as bitter females who are p!ssed who are still butt-hurt over past experiences. That won't get ya anywhere, and only equip you with an inaccurate lens to see things through.

Most attractive, social women, when engaging with guys they don't know that well, no, don't like Mr Nice Guy. Most don't like the polar opposite either, although some can. That's why the "Outlaw Biker Guy" can at least garner the interest of some gals better than the guy reading from Grandmaw's script. Just because they tend not to be into Mr Nice Guy (but he makes a great Friend), doesn't mean "all the a-holes win the day" due to the assumption that that's what women want (they generally don't).
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Online World Different From Offline