Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sigungq
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Whatsamatterbaby wrote:

Money, shmoney. I'll tell you what I wouldn't do for love, even in the heat of passion: Listen to country music. (Meatloaf, sure.) It is what it is.

But if you play a C&W song backwards, the guy gets out of jail, gets his wife back, gets his truck back, gets his house back, gets his dog back, gets sober, and lives happily ever after...........

However, I think the best way to prevent inbreeding is to ban C&W music.......
 gtomustang
Msg: 27
anything you need....you got it. bayyyy-a--beee
Posted: 7/25/2015 9:58:44 AM
I like my meatloaf with onion soup mix mixed in and a slice of good bacon on top, Ray Orbison is the guy I go to when people want to know what "honey'd voice" actually sounds like, but like this post, there's a lot of opinions different than mine I have to accept. I likely won't buy out someone's debt, but as 07Song pointed out, it might end up being a good investment, or good collateral for a college loan somewhere down the line.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 28
I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!
Posted: 7/25/2015 10:52:31 AM

Country music makes me ill. I also wish roy orbison's music was buried with him. I need a barf bag.

I'm not sure whether to be turned on or not.

I “two stepped” with the best of ‘em.

Don't be gross. This is a public forum.

I guess Dr. Seuss was the first original rapper, since he was the first adult to publicly talk in nursery rhymes.

I discovered some time ago that the meter of Dr. Seuss lends itself perfectly to rap, and that the guaranteed way to get teenagers to turn off their rap is to rap along, with Dr. Seuss lyrics. But you have to do it all gangsta. They can't take it, it makes them squirm ha.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/25/2015 11:56:48 AM
Meatloaf? "Bat Out of Hell" was a classic album. Beyond that? Blech.

Country music? Some of it I like, but overall, the genre as a whole? Ick.

Roy Orbison? You won't catch me listening to his music, but he had a distinct voice and an impeccable
way of emoting, which is what it's all about.
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 2:01:09 PM
Post #28

I crown thee Queen Baby for the day for the best post!
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/25/2015 3:04:49 PM
Thank-you, Dana :) This is truly an honor. I declare that henceforth:

1) There will be no more colonization.
2) Youths will not be subjected to the glorification of violence or use of the "n" word in the name of art.
3) There will be no more gender, racial, or religious stereotypes. All humans will be regarded as individuals, EXCEPT
4) Country music fans: Off with their heads!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/25/2015 3:07:54 PM
I take it you want to live as a hermit in what was formerly Kamloops then.

Personally, come the revolution I plan on lining up everyone who says "metaphor" when the correct word is "simile." Then the firing squad is given the order to shoot.
 runningout
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 3:37:06 PM
There is a lot of your post that makes no sense to me. If no assets were sold, where did they come up with that much money to buy your friend out? As well, unless teachers make triple in salary over there then here, how would she even qualify for a loan that high on a teacher's salary?

On two side notes, best pair of underwear I have ever seen said "I would do anything for love" on the front and "But I won't do that" on the back and Baby is so right, country music is wrong on so many levels.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/25/2015 3:51:46 PM

best pair of underwear I have ever seen said "I would do anything for love" on the front and "But I won't do that" on the back

LMAO. Where did you see said underpants?
 runningout
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:01:40 PM
http://www.funnyshirts.org/design/6f690a3cf8063998cce2063971fde1b4_24773
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:50:21 PM
Sea Lady, do u think u have ALL of the facts?

Frankly I agree w/ whoever said both women sorta seemed to have gotten used by the man...

Is he Magic Mike XXL ???
 07songsungblue
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/25/2015 5:40:23 PM
This woman bought half a house, or more than half a house. She must have qualified for a mortgage and I'm sure documents where drawn up and it states...she is a part owner of a house worth...about 2 million-ish. The OP has stated that property values are high right now in Australia as she herself is looking to sell and looking to buy somewhere else. This may have been a wise investment for this woman, she may have got a bargain. Who knows. The OP has stated the value of the house in question nor exactly how much the woman came up with, just an estimate. And...if the relationship doesn't work, she can force a sale and get her money back and probably more. It seems like a win/ win for the OP's friend and a win/ win for the new couple...until they split up.

Would I do it...only if my name was on title and I thought the price was right.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/25/2015 5:49:07 PM

Would I do it...only if my name was on title and I thought the price was right.

I've often wondered about the whole homeowner/renter combo.

I imagine most homeowners would not want to put another's name on the title, while most renters would probably have to settle on paying less rent to the homeowner, and hopefully still saving on the side.

My ex is paying rent to a homeowner which could be viewed as her funding his 401k as well.

Sad to see things in dollars and cents :(
 sealady111
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/25/2015 6:10:16 PM
I know most of the facts as I have accompanied my female friend to lawyers and accountants and am privy to the joint finances.
Me being her main support person. She has no family in this country.
I was friends with both of them, when they were married, for many years so I know more about what happened behind closed doors than anyone else other than the two people concerned.

What I do NOT know is the new woman's financial situation other than her ex husband pays her rent to live in their family home. Nor do I care where the money has come from as long as my friend gets her entitlement and is no longer responsible for her now ex husband's debts.

I also know that the man at the centre of all this had already borrowed to his maximum so it was impossible for him to borrow more.

More info from last night.
1/2 of the money owed to my girlfriend has already come through late this week and the second half to be available end of August.
Yes she has checked and the money cleared on Friday.
She is a very happy woman.

p.s. No he is not a Magic Mike look alike but from the outside he looks successful (lots of assets but hocked to the hilt) and can be charming when he chooses.

p.p.s.
Last night's Christmas in July dinner part was a fabulous success.
The last of the guests who stayed overnight have just left.

Note to self..... host more dinner parties. They are such fun.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/25/2015 6:37:35 PM
Damn, my eyes are bleeding reading this stuff.

I dunno, maybe a CPA and attorney should accompany us to the 3rd date??
 Peas_
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/25/2015 6:51:44 PM
Well damn, your gf made out like the lottery on the dumb pansy new fiances back. ....
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/25/2015 9:05:00 PM

Personally, come the revolution I plan on lining up everyone who says "metaphor" when the correct word is "simile." Then the firing squad is given the order to shoot.

A bit drastic, but in honor of your passion, I shall make a final declaration:

5) "Grammar" isn't the nice lady who bakes you cookies.
 sealady111
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/25/2015 10:28:02 PM

Well damn, your gf made out like the lottery on the dumb pansy new fiances back. ....

^^^ Yep. I agree.

We have proposed a toast to the new woman and thanked her for what she has done.
(She was not there for the toast...)

Now my friend lays low till the end of August and the rest of the money arrives.

Certainly makes you think twice before joining finances.
 11qq
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/25/2015 10:47:59 PM
this scenario is one reason that marriage and all it's legalities is losing ground.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/25/2015 11:18:01 PM
Thus in order to protect my assets, I've decided not to deal with the inconvenience of marriage, cohabiting, or having children. I cannot even fathom the idea of having to deal with lawyers because someone lacks integrity in the union and feel they must be compensated. You walk out with what you came in, no penalty.

No, no to anything with potential to f*ck my future, can't do anything with love.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/26/2015 5:25:15 AM
At an office our young, beautiful Polish receptionist announced she was going to see Loafmeat. I have thought of him that way since.
Belle get a steel clad prenup. Or, with the money you saved you and I could go to Cuba for a week :) I'd like to see it before it changes.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/26/2015 10:03:00 AM

Belle get a steel clad prenup. Or, with the money you saved you and I could go to Cuba for a week :) I'd like to see it before it changes.

I can save a ton by switching to never getting married, lol. Papers I don't have to sign, last name I don't have change or hyphen, sensitive identifying information I don't have to safeguard far away from home, joint taxes I don't have to do, health insurance I don't have to share not pay a deductible on, no one trying to look good by having a spouse dedicated to the cause of helping others, etc.

You save a lot of headaches by making impossible for someone to claim a bond or rights to anything.

If I were to dare marry or cohabit, I would forfeit all assets, back to my family, and do the prenup in a way that my future spouse has no right to any assets I inherit from either part of the family, no winnings I may encounter (gambling, lotto), and no money I may make during or after the marriage, and he cannot get life insurance on me, or any kind of benefit for my death (so as to safeguard my life from profit). You get out the same way you got in, and it goes both ways, I want nothing from him, there's no need to be greedy and make out with more than what my family and I have collectively. If children are produced, they are to be equally provided for and none is to carry a heavier burden for their well being, whatever standard of living the child/children they were born to shall be maintained, even if greatly makes it difficult for my former spouse to form a new life over again with someone else, that's not my problem, get a vasectomy or get used to condoms, it should be an equal effort, lol.

Ouija darling, there is absolutely nothing to see in Cuba, I almost went there for Med school (it would have been $0), and let me tell you there is no need to live like that for any amount of time. They will ration my food? No, no, no, they can shove it! Of course visiting would be different but one friend of mine went recently and said "hell no", there's nothing to see, it's all backwards and old anyways, with people in very bad conditions looking hopeless and broken, no beautiful people to see (like the beauties we see on TV), and no safety measures. But if you're into that, we can go the favelas in Brazil. Ever seen City of God? We may not both make it back though *muttley laugh*

I hear if we turn the wrong corner, we may be harvested for our organs on the spot, since there is a large black market for organs there. It's not expensive to travel to Cuba, but I rather die on a full stomach, and non-communist grounds, lmao.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/26/2015 10:16:04 AM

Sealady, this probably isn't the best audience to ask that.....I mean they go ballistic over coffee meet tabs and heaven forbid the lunch or dinner doesn't go dutch.

To be fair some men go ballistic over not allowing women to pay for their own tab.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 10:41:49 AM

HA-before the Americans ruin it you meant?
They are making an Ouija 2 btw, and you don't have to wait until 2025 to see it!

Yes, Belle does save lots of money. Belle if I haven't already thanked you , I was going to on the other thread (favorite posters). I think you reduced the competition by running your dates to the poor house and bankruptcy. I am glad you took one for the team! lol
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/26/2015 11:50:29 AM

Yes, Belle does save lots of money. Belle if I haven't already thanked you , I was going to on the other thread (favorite posters). I think you reduced the competition by running your dates to the poor house and bankruptcy. I am glad you took one for the team! lol

Oh yeah!!! You're welcome. It's a family tradition, his money is our money, our money is our money *muttley laugh*

It keeps money earning interest in the bank, and levels the salary disparity.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!