Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 51
I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Belle: You go, girly girl! It's like my mother used to say: "Good thing she's cute" ;) But then my mother also used to say "Suffer to be beautiful." It's amazing I came made it out alive.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 52
view profile
History
I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!
Posted: 7/26/2015 12:21:54 PM

Oh yeah!!! You're welcome. It's a family tradition, his money is our money, our money is our money *muttley laugh*

It keeps money earning interest in the bank, and levels the salary disparity.

I guess it is true...the house always wins!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/26/2015 12:29:12 PM

To be fair some men go ballistic over not allowing women to pay for their own tab.

Pic or it never happened. :/
 Hearton64
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/26/2015 3:35:01 PM
I'd do anything for love (marriage)once the prenup is signed.

Obviously the new woman is trying to get your friend far
away from her xh for some reason.

stupid stupid woman.

He'll ruin her one day.

Emotionally and financially.

Thus in order to protect my assets, I've decided not to deal with the inconvenience of marriage, cohabiting, or having children. I cannot even fathom the idea of having to deal with lawyers because someone lacks integrity in the union and feel they must be compensated. You walk out with what you came in, no penalty.
No, no to anything with potential to f*ck my future, can't do anything with love.

That's sad and there are ways to protect yourself and still
Be married,cohabitate and /or have kids. Seems you've already been
royally betrayed to have that attitude though.

6 years before we wed, my xh and I signed prenups.

I had WAY more than him and it was common sense
to have legal papers drawn up especially in LA,Ca.
In the event of divorce
we both would leave the marriage with what we came into it with
and what our individual assets were stayed ours.

We kept our incomes separate.

We created a family and we both gave as much
as we could.

When it imploded after 24 years I kept all my assets,
the house I bought and got primary custody of our 3 kids.

He got visitation and I waived child support knowing
he couldn't afford it.

Anyone who is foolish enough to not legally protect
Themselves going into a relationship deserves to lose.

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't fall in love
or have a life with someone let alone avoid having kids.

Just know it's possible to protect your assets without
missing out on important, trusting and loving relationships.

We have car, health, life and home insurance
wtf wouldn't we have marriage/divorce insurance???
 browneyesboo
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/26/2015 3:57:56 PM
Yeah I would do that.
I guess I haven't been tested yet because
other than killing someone, I would do anything
for someone I loved.
Although I could rethink the murder business if
someone was messing with my kids.

I'm pretty much the all in sort when it comes to family
and relationships.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/26/2015 3:58:17 PM
Country music not so much.
 daynadaze
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 4:30:27 PM
I wouldn't do anything for love, that smells of unconditional fantasyland, and a person who loved you wouldn't require it. That's not saying I'd run at the first problem, I'm saying common sense is important.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/26/2015 4:32:20 PM

Pic or it never happened. :/

The evidence in is case is the testimony of some women who are posting on this forum. I don't need a pic to prove anything. Just yesterday some young punk threw a beer bottle through my window. The police said there's no evidence to convict anybody but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/26/2015 4:52:52 PM
Heart,

No, nothing has happened yet but things always get funky when there is money involved. I've seen countless women try to extract property from the males in the family, only to find out its not under their name, and therefore they can't touch it. Best way to rid temptation is to never make it a possibility.
 Hearton64
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/26/2015 5:00:03 PM
I did want to add that I don't see the point
to involving the state,prenup or a religion I don't believe
in to my 7 year relationship and have been
without "protection" financial (and rubbers)
the entire time!

I'm all in and some minus the marriage license.

Those fighting for and getting equal
marriage rights can have 'em tho!

Been there, done that!

Can I lose it all to a palimony suit is the $100,000,000
Question?

Nahhhh.....

I dare him to even try .

My pitbulls will protect me then.

Trust is a wonderful thing if the person is trustworthy.
Too bad you can't know that until after you are burned.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 5:04:20 PM
My mother said "beauty is as beauty does." "Beauty fades." " Personality and character are what are important". "It is the inside that counts." But we all know that is not strictly true.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 5:05:14 PM
Belle we live in in equitable distribution state so it isn't really that bad, as long as children aren't involved. In most divorces I have seen, without kids, no one really profits on the other too much. That isn't to say not at all though( insert your muttley laugh here)

When I marry (did i say that? ;/) I am actually in a better situation than my spouse because although I have much more than her , NONE of the assets or income is considered marital property in NYS, so she has to be more concerned that I don't go after her .

Having kids changes that balance though, so a vasectomy might not hurt those who want to hold on to things.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/26/2015 5:16:32 PM
Nah, it's all good, those are not my only contentios to marriage or children. I also don't like idea of seeing the same person every day (whether spouse or children) lol
 Hearton64
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/27/2015 4:30:37 AM

Nah, it's all good, those are not my only contentions to marriage or children.
I also don't like idea of seeing the same person every day (whether spouse or children) lol

I already got that impression from you. : )

Believe me,it hasn't been easy,but the alternative isn't great either.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/27/2015 4:34:02 AM
No. I would never marry anyone who is stupid enough to get into such dumb wheeling and dealing.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/27/2015 6:52:35 AM

Would you go into over a million dollars in debt for love?

no way but i'd shoot the S.O.B. for a fraction of the price.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/3/2015 7:23:30 PM
sealady111- Never, ever, would I do such a thing.
If this man is not a salesman or a politician, he should be.
What I am seeing is this:
Woman #1, your friend, found herself tied to him financially and could not move on as a direct result of that.
While your friend was still his wife, she was equally responsible for his debt.
Your friend becomes the ex, now she's got her money and freedom, but the guy is still in debt.
What does he do?
Within a week of the divorce, he gets the new woman , woman #2, to take on ALL the debt.
She can not undo what she has done, he still has someone ELSE responsible for his mess up, SO #2 won't be able to leave until and unless he finds woman (sucker) # 3.
Even in death, woman #2 could not escape this decision, if she's dead, they can only go after him OR if he does not/can't pay, the people wanting their money can then go after all of her assets, meaning her heirs will be responsible, essentially disinherited.
Hands down, this has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of anyone doing.
Being in love is great, but being taken for a fool is NOT love.
This whole thing----Wow, just, WOW. :(
 sealady111
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/3/2015 7:39:05 PM
Yep bamagrl68

You got it in one.
My friend will be financially separate within weeks. HOORAY!!!!
Big party when the money clears and her name is removed from loans and other debts.

When she was married to him she trusted him completely and they were 50:50 with everything.
House, investments, business.
Once things went sour..........................

He needs someone, more than him, to keep all his debt balls in the air.

I hope this new woman thinks she is getting her money's worth.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/3/2015 8:10:03 PM
sealady111- Yeah, what a charlatan.
PLEASE give your friend a hug from me.
Sometimes freedom and wisdom come at a high price.
Paid some dues myself.
I'm glad your friend has YOU as a friend. :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2015 12:02:01 AM
Belleatlantic

I am with you. Being stuck with the one partner year in and year out and not supposed to have sex with others, whilst in a marriage, is very limiting. Not wanting children I felt no need to get legally married and I never did. I could earn my own living and preferred just to have affairs and lovers. I am in the minority and of course some people look down on me for that.

As for women not knowing the financial position in a marriage, I find that very strange. It is one thing to be trusting and another to be foolhardy. Joint finances??? Would always have my own account, no matter what.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/4/2015 1:27:51 AM
letitialegrande- If it's working for you and Belle, as I always say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
What you said about being trusting verses foolhardy...........
I once had a patient that I went to school with, his father didn't work and the mother worked in retail, yet they always had plenty of food, paid the bills, were supporting their grown daughter and their grandchild.
I could never figure that out, mathematically or common sense wise, but I never said anything.
One day, we took him to the doctor, the mother and myself. She started talking during the trip, she mentioned getting her hours cut back, but said "I'm not sure how he does it but (fill in the dads name) always finds a way to get money."
That statement stunned me into silence.
Months later, during a conversation with my brother, it turns out he knows the family and there is land on dads side (from his father and grandfather) that he is selling bit by bit to keep them afloat.
All I can say is I hope it's a LOT of land.
 tangofish
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2015 4:17:42 AM
I've had a question posed several times to me - what will you do with your potential? Why are you wasting time? What is your dysfunctional condition? Why are you such a tragedy?

Well , the tragedy is that if I acquire a massive sum of wealth... I really dont know if I even want the comfort of too much.... And apparently I am in line to receive a ridiculous sum of money, and three high end properties.

The reason is hilariously ironic... My grandpa married a women's, then my grandfather passed away... This women
Then marries some rich guy, the rich guy does, and now because of some fluke in the way the family broke up.. I get to look forward to a massive sum of money...

The best part is that I dont care whether I get the money or not... But it isn't in the back of my head, I'm not waiting in anticipation... Money is cool, and things can be appreciated for their value..... But money is second to mental and physical health... I should know... I
 Ouija2025
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/4/2015 5:19:16 AM
^^^ allow me to ease your mind and help you spend then coin. You have always been my favorite! I promise a card for all holidays and pictures of me dancing down the aisles as I shop :)
 sealady111
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/4/2015 5:26:36 AM
I will help too :)
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:15:45 AM
Looks like I'm going to California after all, lol.............I'm kidding I'm kidding, I know it's gonna join the Atlantic (pun intended) very soon.

Belleatlantic

I am with you. Being stuck with the one partner year in and year out and not supposed to have sex with others, whilst in a marriage, is very limiting. Not wanting children I felt no need to get legally married and I never did. I could earn my own living and preferred just to have affairs and lovers. I am in the minority and of course some people look down on me for that.

I must have not explained it right. I don't mean I want multiple people and casual affairs, I mean I can't tolerate seeing the same person on a daily basis, there needs to be a break in between, like they disappear for a day or two (same goes for children). That's why I can't see myself living with anyone, I can't do the daily grind of them being in my space, using the bathroom, having to cross paths to get somewhere, etc. I was not built for that. I have no issue being faithful, so it isn't about wanting a new flavor every month.

Right now, the goal is to go on dates, have a great time, and that's it, goodbye, next! No sex involved, no kissing involved, nothing other than going out, trying different places and learning about people.

Joint finances??? Would always have my own account, no matter what.

Yep.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!