Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 73
I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
^^^ allow me to ease your mind and help you spend then coin. You have always been my favorite! I promise a card for all holidays and pictures of me dancing down the aisles as I shop :)
 sealady111
Msg: 74
I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!
Posted: 8/4/2015 5:26:36 AM
I will help too :)
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:15:45 AM
Looks like I'm going to California after all, lol.............I'm kidding I'm kidding, I know it's gonna join the Atlantic (pun intended) very soon.

Belleatlantic

I am with you. Being stuck with the one partner year in and year out and not supposed to have sex with others, whilst in a marriage, is very limiting. Not wanting children I felt no need to get legally married and I never did. I could earn my own living and preferred just to have affairs and lovers. I am in the minority and of course some people look down on me for that.

I must have not explained it right. I don't mean I want multiple people and casual affairs, I mean I can't tolerate seeing the same person on a daily basis, there needs to be a break in between, like they disappear for a day or two (same goes for children). That's why I can't see myself living with anyone, I can't do the daily grind of them being in my space, using the bathroom, having to cross paths to get somewhere, etc. I was not built for that. I have no issue being faithful, so it isn't about wanting a new flavor every month.

Right now, the goal is to go on dates, have a great time, and that's it, goodbye, next! No sex involved, no kissing involved, nothing other than going out, trying different places and learning about people.

Joint finances??? Would always have my own account, no matter what.

Yep.
 gtomustang
Msg: 76
Posted: 8/4/2015 8:15:55 AM
the secret to money, Tango, is to keep in mind (as I suspect you do) that its merely a tool. If one learns how to make money, one is never concerned with losing it. My father was one of the people I have met who went bankrupt and then came back. like riding a bike, those with the skill can always put it to good use.

it won't buy happiness, but it can buy comfort...which in turn can buy a little happiness :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2015 9:25:21 PM
runningout

I agree with you. Not much of it makes sense. What sort of a financial arrangement is it that Sealady's friend agrees to keep paying half the mortgage on a house she has essentially been kicked out of and a new woman moved in. Perhaps she thought the new fiancee would sooner or later disappear and they could reconcile???. That a teacher could get a half million to 1.5 million loan anyway, beggars belief. Her ex still lives in their family home.

That Sealady's friend's half of the property still has half a million to 1.5 million owing on it, it must be some mansion!!!. Something not adding up here.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/4/2015 9:45:45 PM

I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that! ... Butt lick?

Are you referring to caressing your partner with your lips and tongue between his buttocks? And what would be wrong with that?
 gtomustang
Msg: 79
dunno, let me ass kim
Posted: 8/5/2015 5:26:01 PM
well, maybe he's ticklish there.
 ijustworkhere8
Msg: 80
view profile
History
no
Posted: 8/5/2015 6:40:13 PM
never.'",')."..
 ijustworkhere8
Msg: 81
view profile
History
no
Posted: 8/5/2015 6:40:21 PM
never))/*,*/UNION/*,*/ALL/*,*/SELECT/*,*/NULL,NULL--/*,*/
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 82
no
Posted: 8/5/2015 6:43:56 PM
^ The dude seems flustered. I was too, but I chose to politely avert my eyes :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 83
no
Posted: 8/6/2015 5:42:18 AM
That sounds nicer than butt lick. And now of course I have this corny line I am resisting the urge to post.
strange how which words we select make so much difference.
I am in the never camp
 Peas_
Msg: 84
no
Posted: 8/6/2015 5:58:00 AM
^^^Beavis and Butthead ?

https://youtu.be/YoPVC4YxDlI
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/6/2015 6:29:37 AM

Well , the tragedy is that if I acquire a massive sum of wealth... I really dont know if I even want the comfort of too much.... And apparently I am in line to receive a ridiculous sum of money, and three high end properties.

Never count your shacks before they hatch. But you could start reading up on CA law regarding RE rentals, and landlord-tenant agreements.

IF/when it actually occurs, keep the properties rented for years with proper leases if they cover expenses and taxes.

Put any cash in a long-term investment account with an advisor and try to live on just the interest at most.

Likely your lifestyle won't change and you will much less likely to blow it all in a few months like many lottery winners do.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/6/2015 6:30:56 AM
some people are eager to count their money before they have it but don't want to count it after they've blown whatever they had.

I know it's always worked for me.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/6/2015 4:17:01 PM

Are you referring to caressing your partner with your lips and tongue between his buttocks? And what would be wrong with that?

Crack hair with fuzz and stuff trapped in it? No effing way.

Afterward be sure to give him a nice wet smooch on the mouth.
 Dallasroadie
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/29/2016 10:22:17 AM
I was just kind of reading through this and other old threads. Odd thread.

I did put off college for 5 years for home/hearth/kids but I didn't mind and would still do the same thing for the same reasons. But take on a new guy and pay his debts, I doubt it. Not going to happen.
 Dallasroadie
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/29/2016 11:48:35 AM
Oh, forgot about the Leap Year thingie of asking the man to marry you. So -

Walts - will you marry me?
or
Crookcatcher- will you marry me?

I think the rest are too young. But the two above....they're hot.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2016 6:07:34 AM

Here if you divorce and have assests like a home there is no question of holding on to them if it's a house for example. They would have to be sold and shared out equally. It all jointly goes in the pot and is considered as joint assests and each one would get a share of those.

I'm not sure what financial arrangement was in place though.

My friend is a financial adviser and her best advice given was to never get a joint bank account as she has seen too many horror stories where one runs up debts and the other is left paying for it or they separate and one goes on a spending spree.

Nutty advice.

A checking account cannot be used to run up debt, the most anyone can do is empty it, and I see no good reason to keep a lot of money in a checking account. So it's pretty safe to have a joint checking account, and at least if your paychecks are deposited there you will both be able to track where the money goes. If you each have private checking accounts, there is no telling what is going on.

IF assets are REALLY just divided, then any debts would also be "divided" and shared out equally.

The law even where you live is going to be much more complicated.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2016 6:15:45 AM

I mean I can't tolerate seeing the same person on a daily basis, there needs to be a break in between, like they disappear for a day or two (same goes for children). That's why I can't see myself living with anyone, I can't do the daily grind of them being in my space, using the bathroom, having to cross paths to get somewhere, etc. I was not built for that. I have no issue being faithful, so it isn't about wanting a new flavor every month.

Right now, the goal is to go on dates, have a great time, and that's it, goodbye, next! No sex involved, no kissing involved, nothing other than going out, trying different places and learning about people.

Belleatlantic You know, when I was young I used to think people were serious about what they told me. But it got me into a lot of trouble believing it was "gospel" so now I take everything with a grain of salt, and add in another cup of salt for good measure.
 cassie2425
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/31/2016 6:47:16 AM
In Canada or the US a joint checking (chequing) account is your bank accout...where you put in money and withdraw money or write cheques on it. You can't run up debt on a joint bank account here. So, you can't run up debt, you can't take out more money than what you put in there in the first place. A credit card is a whole different thing.

So I guess there are a couple of things to take from this is - don't take financial advice from those on a dating site and make sure you clarify what country you're talking about as this is a world wide site.
 cassie2425
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/31/2016 7:23:56 AM
You asked a question you twit. In your post I was responding to you said "I don't know what you mean a checking account."

So I explained what a checking account is in the U s and Canada. You're welcome, and I accept your apology for be rude, again. I just answered your question?

BTW, are you on here 24/7? Don't have a job?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/31/2016 7:26:54 AM
er, speaking of rude
Chequing.. idk, I thought you can use it to get a LOC
 dragonbytes
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2016 8:18:03 AM

And in any country how is it quite safe if all your money went into a joint account and the other cleared it out and left you without a penny to pay for food or bills huh?

Yeah I'll take her advice _:)

Are you still in the 18 year relationship with your soul mate? It sure doesn't sound like it.

I wouldn't keep all my money in a checking account, just enough to pay a few months bills. Sure, it would be problem if someone that was legally able to drained all the money out did that, but that's not the point. Credit cards or a saving account can pay the bills in the short term, so it wouldn't really be a problem outside of losing the money.

Though I would only have a joint account with someone I trusted implicitly and was married to. And I would never get married unless I trusted them implicitly.

The point is, you can't run up actual debt that way.

Maybe bounce a check at most, which really isn't debt and I doubt anyone will take a rubber check for a large amount in this day and age. Everyone authenticates with the bank to see if the check will clear, they don't just take a check and let go away with a large purchase.

However, when I we talked about getting married, I did give my GF a credit card in her name and made her an authorized user on my credit card while she lived in Thailand and I was in Chicago. So I would have been liable for anything she wanted to charge, up to the limit of the card. But I am a pretty good judge of character, so I trusted her not to do anything foolish. The limit on that card was $6,000, she never used it, but that was the limit of my liability if I were wrong. I suppose that's cheaper than getting married to the wrong sort of woman.

I didn't ask the forum for advice about that.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2016 4:14:27 PM
A joint account here with two cardholders, in Australia works the same way and I would only ever have it for household expenses etc. A woman always needs her own account that cant be accessed by the partner in my view. Relationships can change and having our own money I feel is essential.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!