Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorite POF forum posters?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Braylen99
Msg: 251
Favorite POF forum posters?Page 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
How did Cowboy die? Skin cancer? He had very leathery skin

What about Moraima? She had very wise advice for hipsters like Pig
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Favorite POF forum posters?
Posted: 4/25/2018 10:35:48 AM
This will probably offend someone...but, I always thought cowboy looked a little weird. Something wasn't right. Like maybe he was a crossdressing male-identifying woman or a transgender. Or something.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2018 2:53:19 PM
Be prepared for new posters. DH is shutting down, a few are coming here. They will help liven up the forums here.
 spot4username
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2018 2:58:04 PM
^^^
Doubtful. You can't get away with all the BS here that is gotten away with over there. It just doesn't fly. Even without mods they will get iced out. The fact that you can't post images and links here will deter many of those posters. They rely on both.

There are a few of us who post here and there.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2018 4:52:12 PM

My favorite helpful posters were Bobby Z Man and Otto.

I never see either one on here any more. Miss them both.

Bobby Z man passed away a few years ago. Of what I have no idea. Someone told me a while back that he and KJ were close and that she took his passing hard. KJ was also really close with *cowboy*. She took his passing really, really hard.

There was a tribute thread to Mark aka *cowboy* announcing his passing. It got pretty ugly and was shut down.
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16405455.aspx
It was long after the mods left but Allison came back and contacted some of her friends at POF management and got them to shut down the thread.

Otto just seems to have just disappeared. I never heard how, why, or when. His profile just closed one day. Otto was, in my opinion, the most knowledgeable poster as to the inner workings, features, and work-arounds for the dating side of POF that ever posted in the forums. Hopefully he has moved on to happier and more rewarding things than being the POF Forum guru.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2018 10:39:03 PM

Otto was, in my opinion, the most knowledgeable poster as to the inner workings, features, and work-arounds for the dating side of POF that ever posted in the forums. Hopefully he has moved on to happier and more rewarding things than being the POF Forum guru.

+1

Margo was funny, articulate, and wise - I always read her posts. Especially around the 'sofa' and 'parrot' era with DBB.

I enjoyed Chasing~Cars - he had a unique point of view and was good at expressing complex ideas, and farceur who wrote one of the funniest posts of all times.

3 of my favorites still post so I'll keep their names to myself lest they know that I stalk their posts :-)
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 1:34:52 AM
SownRose and Maya were two of my favs from past times. Both opposite in posting style but passionate and intelligent.
Vlad and Jo’s little ding dongs are always informative and entertaining.
Billy has a poetic way with words.
Justanotherchap is the kinda guy I date, so obvs I like his style.
 KPOL52
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/28/2018 10:28:21 PM
Actually LH gave very good advice usually, particularly at PR.

However, her personal tales of OLD just left many of us shaking our heads and rolling our eyes. How could ANYone, man, woman or child have a "picker" that bad?

I feel sure she was taking way more than her fair share of writers "liberty" with her tales of woe, and clearly saw no need to ever follow her own advice.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 259
Posted: 4/30/2018 4:52:02 PM
Lots of speculation here.

I wouldn't post gossip about someone who is no longer here to defend themselves though.

On a positive note, I liked SlowItAllDown, another woman who looks just like my sister, there was a man in France who posted in poetry . I miss the "old school" people, like maeflowers, sister margaret mary, giggles, buddy4real, etc. Shellsmack & Eastside Eddie too.

I am talking circa 2005, 2006
 Seki1949
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:19:36 PM
Ah! 'Maeflowers' A classic!
 Seki1949
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 9:07:06 AM

LiterateHiker is back

Is this true?
 siisaa
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 11:14:44 AM
I like(d) abelian, CTRLvector, Scotty63, DaynaDaze, south_city, BelleAtlantic, Julystorm, VolkanoKing, ComaWhite & InnerGorilla.

Nataly, ugh, she was an annoying hot-ass mess and the attention she got from the forum was nauseating. Alas, simple-minded people like trainwrecks. She was the POF version of a reality-TV trash show.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2018 5:01:46 AM
norwegianguy456
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2018 6:00:38 AM

hat happened to Eternity?

Got her stuff together, I'd imagine. ;-)

Anyway, it's been real -- I'm deleting my profile (my only profile) to concentrate on my life apart from here

Well, it happened, whether Eternity deleted it or the mob did it for her.

The defensive "my only profile" claim makes it more likely she posted under multiple accounts.

I'm sure at the time, it was her only account. Having a succession of IDs is not the same as two or three puppeteering several 'nyms to cause strife among posters in the forum. (Eternity was not responsible for this.)

When people say, "That's it, I'm outta here, f*** all you mother f***ers", they're almost guaranteed to return soon.

What hyperbole. Nobody used those terms to announce their departure. I realize that this is not an airport and nobody needs to announce their departure, but EBM did not use those expressed words to do it.

She probably got tired of getting deleted by the forum disgruntled posse

It seems the posse took a hike, along with their couple of dozen finger puppets with it. The discourse in the relationships part of forums seems more interesting and engaging, now.

One slur she often used against forumites was "ableist".

Slur. Slur? Under another ID, you were quite ableist; and it wasn't against Eternity, per se, but to other people. If she used it against you, there was a good reason why. But, that's another story. If she admitted to any disability and even whined about it, it wasn't used to curry favour with others or use it to protect herself from criticism. She just wouldn't accept dating criticism from somebody who is deliberately morose, cheap, and held a history of treating women like they are second-class citizens.

Most of the left wingers on the forums seemed to be limousine liberals richest 1% snobs who regularly tried to put down anyone who was less well off, for example "eternity"

Eternity never did such a thing. She just didn't like dating cheapskates. So what. Neither do I. (If your situation is that bad, improve it. You don't have to be rich to be warm, welcoming, insightful, generous, and creative with a date.)

And for your 411, nobody in the 1% is going to come to POF to find the person of their dreams. IMHO and experience, class beget class. I'm middle class, no better than you.

EBM and everybody else had just as much chance as finding somebody compatible on here without fighting with barriers to find them as you do, and it's hard.
 ssm508
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2018 7:36:13 PM

How did Cowboy die? Skin cancer? He had very leathery skin

Speaking of Cowboy, he was probably one of the most polarizing people here. I think he would be included in a list for both favorite posters and most disliked posters. My viewpoint of Cowboy was neutral. He could give good advice. But at times I felt he could be harsh with people he disagreed with.
 allforu_jc
Msg: 266
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:45:06 AM
“Otto just seems to have just disappeared.”

Was he one of the moderators who quit? He had extreme knowledge of POF workings and his posts helped me tremendously with my first profile here a few years ago.

I have no idea who this “cowboy” is everyone is posting about. I occasionally see some of his posts when someone else posts to an OLD topic. Apparently he was before my time therefore I never had an occasion to read nor interact with him.

Sad to hear of both "bobby" and "cowboy" passing. My condolences to those of you who considered one or both of them your friend.
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 267
Posted: 6/22/2018 10:29:45 AM
Otto, *cowboy*, and Bobby. All names that bring up memories of a better forum. But KJ was probably my favorite even though she gave me a good scolding in our first exchange.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 268
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:57:38 PM
I miss the old school posters from 2005, 2006. Too many to name. Honest, straightforward people they were.

No games or Tomfoolery there.

Folks who need to invent nyms to prattle on are a recent phenomenon on these boards.

Well maybe in the last 5-6 years.

No matter, those of us who have gone on in our lives would not mourn the shutting down of this board.

But where o where shall the rest go?

Is there not an asylum for them?
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 269
Posted: 6/22/2018 1:28:31 PM
There was that dating –slash- forum site onekewl dud, aka J3LV3HL_WV3JP, aka electricfish, or as I refer to him, Slime Fish, started and advertised here in the forums a few years ago. It’s been about a year since I looked, but it was still there then.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 8:04:23 AM
I recall a very clever, and hilarious poster from a few years back- Cawkblocker.
 PrincessBlondeAngel
Msg: 271
Posted: 9/16/2018 2:06:18 PM
I recently enjoyed Dark N Juju, Siisaa, Stratosphere, NYorker, Doremi, PurpleRider & Hemingway. There r plenty more of really good people on here.

I won't say anything about the rest. Not enough room in this box to type that much anyway ;0P
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 10:01:48 PM
I miss KJ, Eric, Ouija, Walts, babblefish, Otto and a few others. Sadly, bobby_z_ man passed away in 2015 so we can't be be blessed with his presence again.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 3:54:17 AM

I won't say anything about the rest. Not enough room in this box to type that much anyway ;0P

How much could one say about many sock-puppets of the original member?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 5:16:12 AM

Be prepared for new posters. DH is shutting down, a few are coming here. They will help liven up the forums here.

I don't think many came except for me but I was already here lol..
I like CTRLvector/Tangofish?, Julystorm, ThePigIsHereForEternity, Norwegian guy and tgif/tom da bomb.
Whatever happened to CTRLvector even?
Man I miss tgif/tom da bomb, we were friends for years and then he left. Pretty cut up about it actually. Maybe one day he will come back. Well that is what I keep telling myself anyway :/
 julystorm22
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 9:58:59 AM
I enjoy a lot of people on here, even ones that differ in my opinion. I apologize for sounding loco at times. Really I'm not the same in real life but I like this place because I can share exactly how I feel about something and people will be pretty brutally honest back because they can hide behind the online wall.

What does DH stand for?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorite POF forum posters?