Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorite POF forum posters?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 51
Favorite POF forum posters?Page 3 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
VolkanoKing:
Literate Hiker is good, too. She knows what she wants and she always seems to piss people off with her high standards. It's really fun to watch!

Thanks you! I enjoy these posters (in alphabetical order):

Charmin
Clooneystutor
CrookCatcher
Eric_Summit
fullmoonguy
HalftimeDad
InnerGorilla
KJ
motowncowgirl
Norwegianguy456
Ouija2025
sealady111
tgif
VolkanoKing
 clooneystutor
Msg: 52
Favorite POF forum posters?
Posted: 7/26/2015 9:47:34 PM
^^^
Thank you pretty lady.

I hope you find the man of your dreams:)
 tangofish
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 10:14:16 PM
I love everyone, with the exception of myself.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/26/2015 10:18:07 PM
Correction:

tgif aka Tom Da Bomb is now (drumroll).... 11qq. Pfffffff.... the air just went out of my balloon. I feel deflated.

How am I supposed to remember that username? My hero is now known as 11qq. Was "007" taken?
 lagomism
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/26/2015 10:32:41 PM
I don't want to specifically name my favorites but there is a wonderful core group of you that carries these forums and make them what they are. Even when you guys are just all talking to each other, know that your collective wisdom reaches much farther than merely POF members. Through your prolific candor, I have learned that there is always another side to anything that feels rejecting to me from another, and that side is as valid as mine. That is empowering, because I no longer take everything personally. There are some of you who are looking for dates online...I cannot help but believe that if anyone on POF seems even vaguely interested in you, if they came and read your posts, they would become genuinely enamored. :)
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/26/2015 10:37:58 PM
Well, I guess it's unanimous. Everyone loves Eternity.
 Hearton64
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/27/2015 5:29:34 AM

I love everyone, with the exception of myself.

Hey now! How can you love anyone if you don't love yourself? ; )

Inner Gorilla for his sensitivity and kindness especially to me!
Tango Fish for his intelligence and ability to share from his heart
Pig for his humor and grace and hair!...haha
Lady in Red for her supportiveness and understanding
Running out for her straightforwardness and sex appeal

But really anyone who shares their experiences and
offers insight and advice with compassion and kindness
without invalidating the feelings of others.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/27/2015 5:50:47 AM
Some who are now gone that I miss - Tickle me spank and does anyone remember a black woman who was just so no BS it was refreshing? Indira ( she found love) someone pls recall that womans name as I am making myself mental trying to come up with it.
There was also a young Man from England who had a lovely manner .. wonder where ppl go?
Oh, Bug - I wish she would come back
 browneyesboo
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/27/2015 6:22:12 AM
Ahhh...geez. It's high school again and some
of us are getting picked for the teams.

I have favorite posters, but I figure they know
who they are. Likewise with the least favorite.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/27/2015 6:46:53 AM
Clooneystutor
CrookCatcher sounds like me when I hit 60. Aging gracefully.

Since your profile lists you as 46, that is a puzzling statement.
 sundress1
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/27/2015 7:09:20 AM
Largely the same group of posters are being chosen. Just like the cliques in high school. LOL.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/27/2015 7:31:21 AM
Littleolelady.
There was an Iranian woman who was brill too.
I can hardly remember what I ate for dinner a week ago let alone HS
 kj521
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/27/2015 7:34:50 AM
But it doesn't have to be the way, Ms. Sundress. I see this as just a feel good thread that allows for the opportunity to say nice things about others. The ones who are most mentioned are in part due to their unique viewpoints but also, due to their personalities we have come to know and feel a familiarity with.
Everyone who posts effects others....most often we are just not aware in what way. This is a great place to tell them.

With all the negativity that abounds in the forums I have enjoyed this thread and would like to thank The Legend. :)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/27/2015 7:43:13 AM
There are several schools of thought in the forums. Some are very positive, some are realist, some are funny, some are willing to talk about the untalkable, and then there are the negative ones. I guess what makes the world go round is the dialogue between all of these groups. All are able to provide their "Truths". Many times I believe if the posters moved out side of their mental box they may find what they want, but are they really willing to find a relationship or the answer to their question? Many times I think not, because to procure change, first you have to change yourself, not the plethora of things that we complaint about.

My favorite people here are the ones that keep the dialogue going and even though at times controversial they give relevance to their point of view. So of course I love what Belle has to say, and she has made even more sexual comments than I have. Yet I am the creepy one. Hehehe.

Igor is Igor. He has a particular point of view that is always refreshing, psychologically intense and thought provoking. Then there's Blackwood and his perspective, always fresh, always thought provoking yet respectful of others. Let's not forget 63T, wow. He should teach psychology and his approach is deep into a particular subject with truths that seem like they came out of some doctorate program at Yale or Harvard.

EricSummit is mister positive dude. I could spend a whole day talking to him about bike parts, Fausto Coppy, Eddie Merxxks, or the virtues of doing 100 miles on one day.

Walts is another awesome dude. He is brief, to the point, blunt but always right on the money.

CrookCatcher and Joe are our law enforcement representatives. Love what both of you have to say on a variety of subjects. Joe brings not only a historical perspective not common with Americans, but also a New York humor that is fun as it's blunt.

A personal favorite of mine is Hearton. She is not afraid of talking in the Sex forums, but also express her mind in many of the other forums. Like Belle and Charmin they say it as they see it. I look forward to you post.

Vicky and Norwedianguy are in a category of themselves. Vicky is rather argumentative, even if it's about a turnip. And Norwedian find and angle in every argument. Both make these forum terribly addictive, for both present their points with passion and intensity.

CommaWhite, is our dating expert and always has some angle into the dating scene and how to approach not only online, but in real life.

I love Pig's perspective. He is irreverent yet respectful. Speaks his mind and calls a spade a spade. He provides an angle that cuts through he social bu ll sh it and games that people play.

ClonneysTutor is humor incarnate. Always provides the lighter side of an argument or a perspective that because we are so wrapped up on our egos, failed to see.

There are our negative people as well. Their arguments are valid because it's the voice of those that somehow, no matter what they do, they keep struggling to get out of what their predicament may be. Of course HalkingJr, is the master of this, but Rocking Trucker and sigungq come to mind.

There are a set of ladies here, that seem to me very matriarchal but their advice and perspective are very straight forward and realistic, they are Carolann, BamaGirl, Bebedeleau, Dee.

There are also those that bring controversy to themselves and criticism yet I love their perspectives and opinion. Literate Hiker, and TGIF come to mind here.

Another person with an intense perpective and willingness to explore a particular side of a discussion is Obulen. You're special and I look forward to your arguments.

There are some member that it seems that cannot stand me or my post. Some take every opportunity to quote something I said to slap me across the face, or to deem what my life experience is as fantasy. But hey, live and let live.

The forums even dough appear to be a distraction, a waste of time, they are indeed important because at least to me, it allows me to exercise that mental muscle required to push a narrative and say it a way that is intense and that hits a nerve inside those that read it. Like Truman Capote said "writing is sticking a pen on your forehead and watch it bleed."
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/27/2015 8:13:01 AM

that is a puzzling statement.

Perhaps it is Dragon. He apparently doesn't realize that possibly it may very well be that my last great hope will be that I'm reincarnated as a nondescript little spider. So I can finally have a woman look at me with those wide eyes and exclaim...."oh my godddd!!!!... it's Hugeee!!!! ;) Here's hoping everyone has a great day!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/27/2015 8:45:19 AM

Perhaps it is Dragon. He apparently doesn't realize that possibly it may very well be that my last great hope will be that I'm reincarnated as a nondescript little spider.

Been there done the little spider that gets stepped on, I would like to be reincarnated as pigofmydreams. Get to experience the tall man's side of dating, see what kind of difference it makes.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:02:25 AM

Get to experience the tall man's side of dating, see what kind of difference it makes

Well apparently not as much as a lot of people think. You still have to have more than just height. In and of itself height just means you'll never find a queen size mattress that your feet don't hang off the bottom of the bed and you'll hit your head on cabinet doors a lot.

I have to admit that you seem to garner more attention when you walk into a crowded room, but that's only temporary.

I've never had a woman say....boy it's lucky you're over 6'2" if you were 5' 8" I would kick you to the curb, but then again she may have. So I don't know. :/
 CharminC
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:04:41 AM
I'm wearing a little diamond spider on my left upper earlobe.

Just thought I'd throw that out there

*slurps coffee
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:08:46 AM
I hate when I saw 6'+ only...just missed it by one inch!

Oh year Charmin, as you can imagine, I took nunofyourbusiness and translated into something kinky, nuns of your business. That make a great idea! And Vicky isn't here to say it is fowl!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:19:07 AM

Well apparently not as much as a lot of people think. You still have to have more than just height. In and of itself height just means you'll never find a queen size mattress that your feet don't hang off the bottom of the bed and you'll hit your head on cabinet doors a lot.

I have to admit that you seem to garner more attention when you walk into a crowded room, but that's only temporary.

I've never had a woman say....boy it's lucky you're over 6'2" if you were 5' 8" I would kick you to the curb, but then again she may have. So I don't know. :/

But I have had a woman say I was too short. It's one of those things that you only experience if you are short.

BUT if I do hit my head, I nearly get a concussion since I never expect to hit anything, I never slow down for it. And at least I can sit in an airplane seat without discomfort, never worry about mattresses and no one wants to start a fight to prove he can "take me". I see a lot of larger men get into more fights since it's more of a macho thing to win, while taking on a smaller man doesn't get the guy any "points" and just makes him look like a bully.

Now days I enjoy being shorter than average, but when I was 30 I would have liked to have been taller.
 spot4username
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:39:12 AM
Oh, I thought of one. Not sure if she is still around but her comments often amused me. Vanilli ? < I probably mutilated the spelling but regs will know who I am referring to.

Thanks Pig *winks awkwardly* I've a bit more free time these days so I may contribute more here and there.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:40:52 AM

Well apparently not as much as a lot of people think. You still have to have more than just height.

IMO height is exteemly important if you are looking for casual dates and casual sex.

If you are looking for high quality longer term relationships, it's only a very minor problem.

How a man /woman reacts and adjusts to their limiations is what is key in being happy and in relationships. If you become bitter and angry about whatever it is that is happening to you, then that will affect all your possible relationships.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:49:34 AM

IMO height is exteemly important if you are looking for casual dates and casual sex.

That may be...that probably could account for my robust dating life back in the day. Sheesh...all that time I thought it was my boyish good looks, charm, wit and sense of humor. Who wudda thunk? ;) j/k I'll stop.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:51:38 AM

But I have had a woman say I was too short. It's one of those things that you only experience if you are short.

Lol, not true. I have had women who thought I was too short and they weren't talking about my special organ either. Plenty of profiles looking for over 6 ' and/or 6' 2"( if you don't believe me I can link you one within a few minutes it is very common).

I also have had those that said I was too tall. I do admit the majority don't say that but it happens.

In dating we all often will be caught between the rock and the hard place! The only thing absolute is that there is no absolute truths!
 CharminC
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/27/2015 10:01:03 AM

Oh year Charmin, as you can imagine, I took nunofyourbusiness and translated into something kinky, nuns of your business. That make a great idea! And Vicky isn't here to say it is fowl!

lol@vicky

If you really must know, he inquired about my lip reading skills then proceeded to mouth the words "I wanna vacuum".
He laughed afterwards thinking he's funny as hell.
Now, I do have a sense of humor but; a) this is a first date b) I barely know him and he barely knows me c) as sexual a being I am, I do have moral compass and decorum and expect the same of others ( when the occasion calls for such as this first date does).
It wasn't even 20 minutes into the date when he pulled this crass joke.

As open as I am about my disability, there are certain things I am sore about (I have VERY high expectations for manners and how I'm treated) and this was one of them, hence my nunofyourbusiness comment.
There you go
Nothing so kinky.
:)

btw... as close to nuns I'll go is having sex with male virgins.
Am I going to hell for that???
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorite POF forum posters?