Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorite POF forum posters?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sigungq
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Favorite ways to ruin your pee pee ?Page 8 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I vote Bebedeleau the "feel good" poster of POF!!!
 scorpioinOregon
Msg: 177
Favorite ways to ruin your pee pee ?
Posted: 8/1/2015 9:53:11 PM
How much time do you spend here at the forums to know these people so well? I come to the forums often, and I do have favorite posters, but I don't have personalities down the way some of you do!

Does anyone remember Dave? He used to post in the Sex forum and had a link to another site that gave instructions to men who needed hmm shall we say guidance on how to please women.

I miss cowboy :(
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 178
Favorite POF forum posters?
Posted: 8/1/2015 10:21:50 PM
^^^
I miss *Cowboy*, too. Sadly he died about a year ago. His profile is still on POF. Occasionally I reread his hilarious profile for a smile.
 chameleonf
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/2/2015 1:21:51 AM
I too liked the larger diversity back in the day. I got a kick out of some of the great reads - not that there aren't some great reads now, just far, far less of them and a regurgitation of chat that has a habit of moving from thread to thread by the same people, which gets a bit boring to scroll through until you hit the meat of the thread again. During the period BDJ refers to, for instance, when you saw one (or multiple) thumbs down from him, you knew fingers were flying and there would be something of substance to read or possibly comment on that "generally" stayed on topic - whether because of the presence of mods or because of the ability of the debaters to stay on track is hard to determine. Chat isn't bad, but too much of it takes away from the point of having thread topics. It would be great, for that reason, to have an instant messaging board when the chat veers too far off topic and it can move to there.

The people here now who are my favourites already know who they are because I've told them at one point or another, either in a thread or when private messaging. Too much smarminess irritates me just as much as too much crudeness. No need to throw stones at least favourites and it's very likely mutual - including the bad habit I have of poking trolls now and again - can't help it - my bad. I really like the posting of the majority of posters in varying degrees. The ratio and variation of like to dislike here would likely be the same as the number of people I would interact with in person on a daily basis. I like to read others' points of views, debate topics, or simply state an opinion without feeling the need to debate it. I often come in with an opinion and rethink it after a differing point of view makes me see through someone else's eyes.
 spot4username
Msg: 180
Posted: 8/2/2015 5:33:20 AM
^^^^
Good Gosh!!! Now there is a blast from the past.

I miss MetalVixxn
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/2/2015 6:14:51 AM

I miss MetalVixxn

Damn, how the hell did I forget her?

Yes, she was another good one.
 spot4username
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/2/2015 6:26:39 AM
^^^ She and I had some good times back in the glory days of the forums. We still have one another favorited.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:31:24 PM

Does anyone remember Dave? He used to post in the Sex forum and had a link to another site that gave instructions to men who needed hmm shall we say guidance on how to please women.

I remember Dave. He talked a lot not just about the g-spot but about the "dry orgasm." Until then I had only heard of that. But after trying it out, I found out that not only works, but since it changes the frame of mind by which you have sex, not only it makes it more enjoyable to please women, but then in one night you can end up having 2 to 3 intense sessions without any problems.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 184
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:41:59 PM
Ron9
OMG I recall him
he was hoping for his little miss perfect
women were always dragging him into bed...

funny to go look in the threads from the inception of the forums!
 sun___flower
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Favorite ways to ruin your pee pee ?
Posted: 8/3/2015 1:20:04 PM
@Seki - The Onion Field was excellent, wasn't it? I wonder if you might like his 'Fire Lover' (2002)?

@OHenry - I don't recall those as being a rating system for women, but I too found 'Blue Veiner' and 'Diamond Cutter' to be hilarious. They are among the Joseph-Wambaughisms I've added to my vocabulary. ;-)
 Seki1949
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Favorite Ways
Posted: 8/3/2015 2:26:10 PM

The Onion Field was excellent, wasn't it? I wonder if you might like his 'Fire Lover' (2002)?

I grew up about 20-25 miles from The Onion Field. It was a Big Story at the time (along with Spade Cooley's torture-murder of his wife) as the public perception was that criminals didn't murder cops. Perception, probably not a reality. Became a local story a second time with follow-ups with the release of Wambaugh's book. Beneath the surface, Kern County is one weird place. I haven't lived there since December, 1978, but I use to return often.

I then read the Blue Knight and one other. He became like Stephen King to me; he was writing the same book over and over again with a different title.

Tell me a bit about 'Fire Lover'
 Seki1949
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Favorite Ways
Posted: 8/3/2015 2:29:29 PM
Yes, 'Choirboys' was the other one I read. Seemed very similar to 'The Blue Knight'.
 sun___flower
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Favorite Ways
Posted: 8/3/2015 3:14:49 PM
Without giving too much away, 'Fire Lover' is the true story of arson in the Los Angeles area in the 1980's and 90's.

Much as I love his work, I agree that Wambaugh does seem to repeat the same themes and characters in more than one of his novels. 'The New Centurions' (1971) and 'The Choirboys' (1975) were very similar books to me, with 'Choirboys' being a better book.

I'll tell you who I think is the worst at that: John Grisham. Talk about writing the same book over and over.

Interesting that you lived in Kern County. I've lived in LA and Orange counties, so the settings of Wambaugh's novels, and of some of his non-fiction, including 'The Onion Field' and 'Fire Lover,' are familiar to me.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 189
Favorite Ways
Posted: 8/3/2015 3:30:43 PM

I'll tell you who I think is the worst at that: John Grisham. Talk about writing the same book over and over.

I gotta say.... " A Painted House ", " The Firm " and " The Appeal " don't seem like the same books at all to me

Just sayin
 kj521
Msg: 190
Posted: 8/3/2015 3:34:08 PM
Procol.......

Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?
Mem'ries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

You make me smile.......
 sun___flower
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Favorite Ways
Posted: 8/3/2015 3:41:45 PM
See if this sounds familiar...

"Young lawyer/law student goes up against hundreds of brilliant powerhouse lawyers, and brings them down against all odds by using some ingenious obscure twist nobody else sees coming, with only the help of the law library and a scrappy sidekick with whom he's having sex."

:-P
 SLAFFA
Msg: 192
Favorite Ways
Posted: 8/3/2015 4:37:49 PM
Janetforever/Janet4ever[?] and Herdingcats both had a good grip on Reality AND were easy on the eyes. And both had amusing if not" high quality" profiles. At least many moons ago. A rare combination. Both had very fitting names too.
 ablankcanvas
Msg: 193
Favorite Ways
Posted: 8/3/2015 4:56:53 PM
I still happen to miss the days of old, when posting here was a nice stress relief to a busy day. My favorite poster of all time will remain Verityone.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:03:38 PM
legandofpof- There are so many posters here that I like.
Let's see-
Carolann, dee1466, KJ, vicki159, beebe (sorry for butchering your screen name, I can't remember the correct spelling), sealady111 are such good women with good hearts.
There are those here that I have pm'd-if you have gotten a pm from me, you know who you are and I consider all of you friends.
Blond j angel especially so.
There are those that make me think, with almost every post- Drinksthesunwithmyface, 63t4, Igorfrankenstein, comawhite
Norweiganguy, depending upon the post, can make me laugh or make me mad, but when it comes to wit he's hard to top.
Likewise, clooenystutor^^^
There are our resident alpha males (some of whom I suspect have more heart than they show), love them or hate them, they say what they mean and mean what they say.
IG, pigofyourdreams. bigdaddyjinx
There are our gentlemen-behindblueeyes, crookscatcher, oluben, ericsummit, blackwood84
There are the take no prisoners straight talking women-mowtowncowgirl, CharminC , daynadaze, hearton 64, cottor, ouija2025 (who gets bonus points for being friggin' hilarious).
bonuspoints also to eric and kj, who have epically good taste in music.
Have I forgotten someone? I hope not.
Fact is, if I have commented on a thread you started or a comment you made you either caught my attention, made me laugh, made me think or all of the above.
These forums can be aggregating at times, but I'm addicted, so overall, this is a great place.
Cheers :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2015 12:26:51 AM
^^^^^
Have I forgotten someone?

Yes...me! I'm probably under the category of annoying posters.

I do have great taste in music...ask Eric.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 196
Posted: 8/4/2015 12:43:57 AM
cooldog65- OOPS :0
I DID forget you, you are also witty and funny, you like music too? That is AWESOME! You belonged with norwegian guy and clooneystutor and I now give you props along with kj and eric for music-Rock on! :)
Also, Agirlnamedalli should have defiantly made it on my list of women with good hearts.
Sugung should have made the gentleman's list.
And Funchef is another poster who makes me think.
Peppermentpetunias is my go to source is the health forums, very wise and kind.
Walts is almost in a category by himself, HOW did I forget him? Straight forward, calls it as he sees it and funny at the same time :)
Gtomustang as well-also straight forward and wise.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 197
Posted: 8/4/2015 12:44:19 AM
^^^

I can vouch with complete confidence that Cooldog65 indeed has truly superb taste in music!
 Seki1949
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Favorite Literary Criticism
Posted: 8/4/2015 1:14:23 AM
"Young lawyer/law student goes up against hundreds of brilliant powerhouse lawyers, and brings them down against all odds by using some ingenious obscure twist nobody else sees coming, with only the help of the law library and a scrappy sidekick with whom he's having sex."

LOL! I had a big long reply but lost it. Maybe tmr.
 Seki1949
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Favorite Literary Criticism
Posted: 8/4/2015 1:20:02 AM
I also read "The New Centurions" Centurions, Blue Knight, Choirboys. All the same book. Centurions is the best as it has echoes of Robert Heinlein in his neo-Fascist stage.

John Gresham likes his main characters too much to let them suffer.
 tangofish
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2015 3:41:37 AM
Lol nice clip adventure Joe, but no he looked like a dwarf with a babyfacebabyface and a fat neck
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorite POF forum posters?