Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorite POF forum posters?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Favorite POF forum posters?Page 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Message ...
There are the take no prisoners straight talking women-mowtowncowgirl, CharminC , daynadaze, hearton 64, cotter,
Why thank you! I do call it the way I see it!

Fact is, if I have commented on a thread you started or a comment you made you either caught my attention, made me laugh, made me think or all of the above.
... but I'm addicted, so overall, this is a great place.
Cheers :)
Yup it is!

I've told this story before but will repeat it ...
When my son suddenly passed away not quite 10 years ago, my forum friends reached out to me from all over the world in support. It was like these huge arms just swooped in on me and embraced me and held me through all my grief. Some still check up on me.

Message 201 ...
I'm probably under the category of annoying posters.
Well, you're not alone. I'm sure I'm right there with you. But hey ... the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Sometimes we have a point we just have to make no matter how annoying we may get.

I think too, a lot of people don't realize that there are a lot of shut-ins using the Internet and I'm sure we might be their only entertainment ... and I wouldn't want to disappointment anyone ...

I have my favorites and have seen some very inspiring posters over the years. Fortunately we have a tendency to forget the annoying ones and remember the good ones ...
 tallish3243
Msg: 202
Favorite POF forum posters?
Posted: 8/4/2015 8:39:25 AM

Sometimes we have a point we just have to make no matter how annoying we may get.

Its not a question of annoyance, its a question of integrity. Everybody should have the right to their opinions and to express them. But there should be some valid basis for those opinions rather than just making stuff up and relying on dog crap sources. You post in the off-topics area primarily because that is where a number of the bigots, racists, etc. like to post.
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:37:37 PM
I like most of the regular posters, but the names that stand out to me in particular are Walts, Pigofyourdreams, Charmin, Motown, Dee, Crookcatcher, and ClooneysTutor. There are many others, but I can't think of their names (and my apologies if I botched the screen names I mentioned.
 sun___flower
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Favorite Literary Criticism
Posted: 8/5/2015 11:44:07 AM

John Gresham likes his main characters too much to let them suffer.

Haha - I never thought about it that way.

I haven't read any Robert Heinlein - anything you recommend? Is he all sci-fi? That's not my favorite genre.

Argh @ losing a big long reply. Maybe write your replies in a document, and then copy them into the POF reply box? That's what I do, as I seem to get logged out of the forums almost as soon as I log in.
 sigungq
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2015 4:51:00 PM

bamagrl68 wrote:

cooldog65- OOPS :0
I DID forget you, you are also witty and funny, you like music too? That is AWESOME! You belonged with norwegian guy and clooneystutor and I now give you props along with kj and eric for music-Rock on! :)
Also, Agirlnamedalli should have defiantly made it on my list of women with good hearts.
Sugung should have made the gentleman's list.
And Funchef is another poster who makes me think.
Peppermentpetunias is my go to source is the health forums, very wise and kind.
Walts is almost in a category by himself, HOW did I forget him? Straight forward, calls it as he sees it and funny at the same time :)
Gtomustang as well-also straight forward and wise.

Thank-you kind lady, and I agree with all the rest as well.
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/6/2015 5:27:13 PM
Wow, that was quick. Kudos.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/6/2015 5:30:24 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure there's a bot that is deleting profiles. There's a lot of hard feelings and accusations, but when you see something like that quick deletion, it makes me more sure that it's not other posters.

But I know I'm in the minority here.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/9/2015 8:15:06 AM
My favorites are Belle, and there was a second one, I think it was VolcanoKing (I'd remember once I see them post again)... We disagree on almost everything, which is way more fun than 50 people all talking about how right the first reply was, but there's no ass-kissing and being swayed by gender, it's just their opinion and civilly defended. There's no "if you disagree with me you abuse women". There's just a higher intellect to the posts. And when you respond to the posts, and give your perspective, it doesn't erupt into the same fallacies that always happen here.

And Hawking... Always fun to read. Just wish he'd learn how to use the quote tags.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/26/2015 11:33:39 AM
Finally getting around to reading this thread. *nods to Belle, Thank You*

So many fun and insightful posters here. There are always some you hate, some you love to hate and of course the majority that I feel I have gotten to know a little about through there posts.

I would make a list but the majority of the posters posting today and quite a few from way back in 08 when I originally joined, have left for one reason (or a number of others) and have come back with new names. I have given up trying to keep up. So no list for me. lol

As always,
Le Chat

P.S. InnerGorilla, saw the post about your name Magilla. lol I added the other night as one of my interests Magilla Gorilla. I promise that you are not my Magilla. lol
LC
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:38:36 PM

P.S. InnerGorilla, saw the post about your name Magilla. lol I added the other night as one of my interests Magilla Gorilla. I promise that you are not my Magilla. lol
LC

Hehehe. Finally someone got that one.
 StarClassic
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:55:53 AM
Kinda' relieved to see I haven't made "the list".
I, for one, would hate to see where I had been placed above, or below, another.
People all have their own merits, and should be valued as a person on those merits.

I'm not looking back to see who thought up this "favorites" list. I'll just say you ought to be d!ck slapped with a horse c*ck. It's human nature for people to Want to be accepted. To be "valued" by our peers. We now have forumites who haven't seen their names mentioned. We have one whom I Know to be sensitive to the opinions of others (I'll not mention their name) who would likely think "damn, they don't give a sh!t".

For those of you who's Froot Loops I've pissed in, ask me about DILLIGAF. That is if you don't know what it means.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:47:22 PM

Clooney (even though he doesn't club)

Thank you!

I've tried the club thing a few times recently. Wowee me!

I was not prepared for the attention I received :)

I'm not very forward and had to avert eye contact til I found a strategic seat to...enjoy the view.

That being said, the club scene doesn't start happening till 9. Damn do I feel old at 9 :(

Interestingly, one evening 2 women interrogated me. I felt like I was...online dating.

Why are you still single? - Fvck me. Talk about insulting.

How many kids do you have? - I never said I had kids.
 gtomustang
Msg: 213
who do you wish you could sleep with?
Posted: 8/27/2015 9:38:46 PM
"How many kids do you have?"

>>>personally, I find a greasy smile and the response, "Well, how many do you want?" seems to suffice.

the question, "why are you still single (loser!)?" is tricky. You could smile with a twinkle in your eye and proclaim, "well obviously b/c I hadn't met you yet". Or you could sneer a "Same reason you are" while putting your right fist to your forehead with your index finger up and thumb out. personally, I find looking down and sniffling, "because I suuuuck....." tends to get them to move on and stop bothering me with other questions of this nature. b/c you know it can only go down from here.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:04:45 PM

"How many kids do you have?"

Right?? I'd just be like, "You game playing gold digging drama queen bich wh*re! ;)
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 215
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:10:34 PM

Why are you still single?

The wrong answer to this question is, "Because they just don't fvckin' listen." I'm speaking from experience here.
 gtomustang
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:25:43 PM
I'm sorry...what didja say?

hey, has anyone ever posted the polling question, "what's the worst question you've been asked on a date?" yet?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2015 1:17:22 PM
Hhmm, how funny...When I was asked "why are you still single?", they made it sound like, and I took it as, they thought that I was too attractive or neato for them to believe that I don't have someone - seemed like an attempt to flatter me and hit on me.
 ricksp1965
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2015 2:25:31 PM
the best posters, anyone on he site more than a month. LoL
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 219
Posted: 8/30/2015 2:31:18 PM
Oh dear. Rick: You may want to note that the title of this thread has changed.
 spot4username
Msg: 220
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:11:02 PM

Oh dear. Rick: You may want to note that the title of this thread has changed.

Yippee!!!!

*gets out my list*

Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 221
Posted: 8/30/2015 7:03:40 PM
My fave forum poster of all time is :

Spot4username !
 spot4username
Msg: 222
Posted: 11/25/2015 10:47:19 AM

My fave forum poster of all time is :

Spot4username !

And Butterchickenchuck is mine.

I for one am so glad he has returned!
 Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 223
Posted: 11/25/2015 11:10:09 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

Hmmmm, the face is familiar but not the username.

Maybe that's the reason for all the deletes, keep us guessing.... (Who was that guy?)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 224
Which POF posters would you sleep with?
Posted: 11/25/2015 1:29:52 PM
There are so many wonderful men on here who I would welcome a date and a sleep or other activity resulting collapsing into a blissful sleep of happy exhaustion. As many times as possible.

Ahhh dreams.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 225
Which POF posters would you sleep with?
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:01:22 PM
castlehillsmile...you are a crazed woman today!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Favorite POF forum posters?