Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gurufabbes
Msg: 24
view profile
History
profile reviewPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
point given. I noticed after the photo was taken.

Either way the profile keeps changing, along with the photos. I just want the change to be well directed.

"The mirror pic with flash on...you can barely see anything. Try a different main pic."

Yeah. Maybe I just want to have one at a better time as I'm losing more weight and gaining more muscle. You're correct.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 25
profile review
Posted: 9/8/2015 2:49:13 PM
When you get new pics, keep rotating to see which gets more views.
I'm partial to the one where your hair looks red; you look happy.
Delete the mirror flash pic; adds nothing.

Gonna work on the text?
 gurufabbes
Msg: 26
view profile
History
profile review
Posted: 9/8/2015 3:26:48 PM
Worked on it tons of times. I'm not sure what else there is... Suggestions?

The photos need improvement, sure
 tennistown
Msg: 27
profile review
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:05:50 PM
** BUMP **

The picture of you sitting on a rumpled bed
is not helping you to kiss the girl.
 Swimalittlecloser
Msg: 28
profile review
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:10:39 PM
Hi G,

Welcome to profile reviews.

Pictures:
I suggest dating your pictures so that the viewer knows how current they are.
A small thing to a guy but big to a female is the background. A messy college dorm room in the back ground in the bedroom. yes we notice. Are these pictures current or are you untidy? It's a girl thing.

Main profile:

*** In a main search the viewer sees the first two lines of a profile is this the best use of grabbing someones attention?

Thought I'd give online dating a try and what better start to it than summarizing yourself in 300 words? :)

*** Starting a sentence on the second word is a classic fake profile mistake. Don't put that in her head!

Loves the UK but spent a lot of my life abroad

"I love."

*** Ok you are every guy on the site! Where do you swim? where do you like to go for long walks? what do you read? where have you been in Asia? Where is your next trip?

*** This isn't one sentence and does not make sense.

I love going to the gym, swimming and long walks in my free time to drive up the pace when I go out and clear my mind between work and other pursuits like foreign language literature and keeping up with current events.

***And quotes should have authors???

Love without passion is empty, passion without love is blind :) And profiles without a punchline bore the reader as much as the writer.
 gurufabbes
Msg: 29
view profile
History
profile review
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:13:24 PM
The review page is from over 2 months ago.

It's by all accounts a new profile.
 Swimalittlecloser
Msg: 30
profile review
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:30:33 PM
POF Rules message them.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 31
profile review
Posted: 11/8/2015 4:57:27 PM
Actually it's not a new profile unless you delete and actually create new with new screen name.
POF rules. They don't want multiple review threads of the same profile.
It also aids reviewers to see if you've taken advice and what your responses were.

As always, it's completely your choice to be reviewed here. When we sign up, we agree to terms of service and agree to follow the rules.
 gurufabbes
Msg: 32
view profile
History
profile review
Posted: 11/10/2015 1:54:51 PM
So any suggestions?
 call_me_tater
Msg: 33
profile review
Posted: 11/10/2015 2:28:59 PM
G--

Crop the bed out of pic 2.

Thought I'd give online dating a try and what better start to it than summarizing yourself in 300 words? :)
Delete this.

It's not bad, just a bit boring.

I love going to the gym, swimming and long walks in my free time to drive up the pace when I go out and clear my mind between work and other pursuits like foreign language literature and keeping up with current events. I love travelling, particularly to Asia.
Split this up and add details.
Gym, swimming, walking are up in interests.
Elaborate on what you repeat down below...paint a picture.
Long walks where? Swimming in the ocean, a lake, indoor pool? What was a good memory/story about Asia?

Make it sound interesting...any cool places you've found in London or places you want to see?

Humor works very well here.

Extra points if you're Greek, Jewish or Italian :)
Bonus points are cliche and annoy most people.

Check out QuantumCoherence here in reviews for a creative profile, and those of male reviewers
 gurufabbes
Msg: 34
view profile
History
profile review
Posted: 11/11/2015 4:18:54 PM
Thank you. I'll take what you've said on board.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review